Shhh, no tears now... clintster442's Avatar
    clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000) clintster442 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Caffeine and Belly Fat

I have always been a big caffeine user. I've never used it as a supplement per say but I drink a lot of black coffee and some of the supps I take have a considerable amount of caffeine in them (Universal Animal Cutz, No Xplode). I have pretty much no sensetivity to caffeine whatsoever, I can drink an entire 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew, slam a RedBull, and Venti Double Shot Latte an hour before bed time and still fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pilow. I have never felt 'jitters' or anything like that.

I've always read that caffeine is a good metabolism booster and 500-600mg of caffeine a day is good for natural metabolic fat burning. That's about 3 cups of good strong coffee.

I recently read that caffeine can actually contribute to belly fat deposits. This is no bueno. Belly fat, specifically lower-middle abdominal fat has always been the bain of my cutting diets. It sticks and holds on for dear life. (You can clearly see this in my current progress pic/avatar).

So I find myself at a fork in the road: to caffeinate or not to caffeinate, that is the question. I don't regularly follow my stupid example above with the soda/redbull/coffee nightcap. I generally drink 2-3 large (16oz) cups of black coffee in the morning, use NO Xplode before my workout which contains an undisclosed 'proprientary" amount of various caffeine's and stimulants, and I use Anumal Cutz whern I am dieting. I occassionally have a can of diet soda at night with my dinner also.

What amount of caffeine is optimal? My goal is the standard physiologically impossible; gain lean muscle while loosing fat. Reducing my bodyfat (especially abdominal fat) is my main goal. If I drop caffeine, is there a good substitute for pre-workout energy? How about suggestions for a caffeine-free fat burner supp?

Just for reference, I am 28, 6'2", 215lbs, currently about 14% BF. My BP is fine and always has been, around 110/50, resting pulse about 65. Total cholesterol is about 140 when I had bloodwork last.

Thanks folks,

SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Caffeine increases cortisol which makes you retain fat around the waist. Cut out the caffeine, except for your preworkout product, and add Lean Xtreme to your cutting stack which will help lower your cortisol levels.

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Where did you read that caffeine contribute's to belly fat deposits? Do you have a study you can post? If you consume to much you may get a spike in cortisol.

As far as I know, the only contributor to belly fat in regards to caffeine in moderate amounts is when you drink coffee with half and half, other than that there is a host of evidence caffeine stimulates metabolism, and improves your training to further help you achieve your goals.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP its impossible to spot reduce (get rid of the fat in a specific area all at once) it seems like you have quite a tolerance for stimulants so the effect of caffeine on someone with such a tolerance would not be as pronounced as someone who is less sensitive. That being said reduce your caffeine intake gradually and look into stim free fat burners such as Lean Xtreme and stim free pre workouts such as Hemavol.