Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000)

Seratus Workout Excersizes

Anybody know any seratus excersizes?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How do you know of this muscle, much less the name, but not know how to work it?

Incline Shoulder Raises.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pullovers, Very Close Grip Pullups, and Conventional Deadlifts all help to strengthen them.

peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peeny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey i dnt knew much about this..
    i liked the points u have added..
    thanks for sharing..
    its gonna help me a lot....

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)

The functions of the serratus are scapula abduction (bench press shrug on an incline), scapula upward rotation (overhead press shrug) and scapula elevation (standard shrug)

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    How do you know of this muscle, much less the name, but not know how to work it? Incline Shoulder Raises.
    This, and probably overhead pressing and scap pushups too right?

Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    Pullovers, Very Close Grip Pullups, and Conventional Deadlifts all help to strengthen them.
    I can see perhaps at the top of the deadlift they might help the upper traps elevate the scapulae a bit, but for the majority of the movement I doubt it. In a deadlift you're trying to pull your scapulae back, and the SA pull them forward. The SA do the exact opposite of what the rhomboids do. Upward rotation and protraction versus downward rotation and retraction.

The same reasoning applies to why pullovers and pull ups probably do not have any significant effect on the SA. These movements involve downward rotation of the scapulae. So muscles like the rhomboids and pectoralis minor would be rotating them down to work in tandem with extensors that attach to the scaps (rear delts and teres major).

I can't imagine any portion of a pull up where you would need to forcibly elevate or protract your scaps. The only part of a pull-over where this might happen is at the part where your arms are pointing straight up, in which case you might as well just do a shoulder raise like GS says, because they would shut off as soon as you did the pullover motion.

Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
    The functions of the serratus are scapula abduction (bench press shrug on an incline), scapula upward rotation (overhead press shrug) and scapula elevation (standard shrug)
    This.

Before people come in with the standard "you don't lift so anything you say is ****" response, just read the 2nd Q&A paragraph here: http://www.exrx.net/Questions/MuscularAnalysis.html
    Originally Posted by Pullover Works Serratus Anterior?
    I would appreciate your feedback about putting the serratus anterior muscles as primary muscles in the bent arm pullover part of the demo site as i think this is important, what do you think?

If you note the function of the serratus anterior, you will see these motions are virtually the opposite of the motion of the scapula during the concentric phase of the bent arm pullover. Contrary to what certain books suggest, the serratus anterior does not play an active role in this motion. I fact the Serratus Anterior is involved in the opposite movement, such as in the front raise. During the pullover, the serratus anterior could be activated if the shoulders are raise from the bench somewhat like at the end of a pushup. The Serratus Anterior is also known as the boxers muscle because of the movement during the end of a punch. The Serratus Anterior is also involved during overhead presses.

I can only speculate why this misconception came about. Older exercise guides (Pre-1970s) suggested performing pullovers while breathing deeply could expand the rib cage, particularly if performed in the teen years. The External Intercostals (involved in rib elevation) and the Internal Intercostals (involved in rib elevation during inhalation and rib depression during exhalation) are somewhat in proximity to the Serratus Anterior; but this is only my theory to explain a misguided idea.
    So yeah, bitch at whoever wrote that.

poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Best iso's I've found for the serratus are scap pushups with feet elevated (e.g. On a stability ball) and incline shoulder raises with dumbbells used unilaterally with the working shoulder slightly off the side of the bench.

But heavy shoulder presses seem to hit it just as hard, so mostly I just do that now.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I am remembering an episode of Hajime no Ippo where his muss trainer was doing dumbbell shoulder presses. He knocked out a bear and is the champion of the world. So it seems like a boxer's muscle.

XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    boxing/ hitting the heavy bag
    Staple Supplements:

Allmax Nutrition Isoflex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Rage
    iForce Hemavol
    Thermolife C-bol
    Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Every time you don't give 100%...
    You make it that much easier for me to beat you... -Anonymous

serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) serenity45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Russian twists w/ medicine ball
    Never give up, Never settle, Never stop reaching, and Never say Never!