sfame1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Member Partial tear in Distal Bicep

Sorry I havent uploaded any pictures and I figured this would be the place to go for some advice.. Anyways, I used to weightlift constanly when I was younger I was more of lighter weights and also lighter sets. I also got into independant professional wrestling to where I now have my problem. I was in the form of an arm lock and when I reversed it i went to the ropes did a front flip and then heard a quick 3 popping sounds near my elbow in pain for a second i refrained from doing any more training ..It has been about 4 hours since the incident.. I have looked on the internet and found I may have a dital bicep tear or rupture.. Im no doctor but there is a pain on the inside of my bicep muscle just below it between inner bicep and forearm and also halfway up between tri and bicep .I iced it did some stretching on it..I also took my shirt off no significant bruising as of yet.. I can turn a screwdriver with small to moderate pain.. Also It hurts when if i am sitting down elbows 90 degrees turning my thumbs inside to outside.. I confided in you people because I commonlyhear this is an issue with Bodybuilders doing reps etc.. Any ideas suggestions..Unfortunely I have no insurance because I was laid off due to these poor economic times so surgery unless my bicep ends up by my shoulder is not an option.. My bipep by the way looks fine in comparison to my other one.. Could it be a slight tear..Thanks for your help in advanced

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sfame1 View Post
    Sorry I havent uploaded any pictures and I figured this would be the place to go for some advice.. Anyways, I used to weightlift constanly when I was younger I was more of lighter weights and also lighter sets. I also got into independant professional wrestling to where I now have my problem. I was in the form of an arm lock and when I reversed it i went to the ropes did a front flip and then heard a quick 3 popping sounds near my elbow in pain for a second i refrained from doing any more training ..It has been about 4 hours since the incident.. I have looked on the internet and found I may have a dital bicep tear or rupture.. Im no doctor but there is a pain on the inside of my bicep muscle just below it between inner bicep and forearm and also halfway up between tri and bicep .I iced it did some stretching on it..I also took my shirt off no significant bruising as of yet.. I can turn a screwdriver with small to moderate pain.. Also It hurts when if i am sitting down elbows 90 degrees turning my thumbs inside to outside.. I confided in you people because I commonlyhear this is an issue with Bodybuilders doing reps etc.. Any ideas suggestions..Unfortunely I have no insurance because I was laid off due to these poor economic times so surgery unless my bicep ends up by my shoulder is not an option.. My bipep by the way looks fine in comparison to my other one.. Could it be a slight tear..Thanks for your help in advanced
    See a doc!
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Of course, go see a doctor ( if the tendon did pull out, you only have 2 weeks to get it fixed ). But it sounds similar to what I did to mine a little over a year ago. I felt a little pop and then what kind of felt like bubbles traveling up inside my bicep. Just know the bruising didn't really start until after 24 hours, eventually I was bruised from just below my shoulder to half way to my wrist. After about 4 weeks it was 90% healed and 4 weeks after that I felt comfortable doing a max deadlift.

I went to the doctor when I did mine. Basically he said the main concern was that the tendon maybe should have pulled out bud didn't, and it's just "lodged in there". He said they could do a mri to find out, I asked what would they do if the tendon was lodged on there and he said they'd just wait for the tendon to pull out and then surgically fix it. So I decided doing the mri was stupid, and just waited to see if it eventually pulled out, it never did.

Good luck.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Of course, go see a doctor ( if the tendon did pull out, you only have 2 weeks to get it fixed ). But it sounds similar to what I did to mine a little over a year ago. I felt a little pop and then what kind of felt like bubbles traveling up inside my bicep. Just know the bruising didn't really start until after 24 hours, eventually I was bruised from just below my shoulder to half way to my wrist. After about 4 weeks it was 90% healed and 4 weeks after that I felt comfortable doing a max deadlift.

I went to the doctor when I did mine. Basically he said the main concern was that the tendon maybe should have pulled out bud didn't, and it's just "lodged in there". He said they could do a mri to find out, I asked what would they do if the tendon was lodged on there and he said they'd just wait for the tendon to pull out and then surgically fix it. So I decided doing the mri was stupid, and just waited to see if it eventually pulled out, it never did.

Good luck.
    did you regain full strength in that arm..and did you have any deformalities now on that arm. Not only looks but also when you do certain exercises. well it has been close to twelve hours no bruising as of yet. I have been icing it to keep swelling down but not religiouly Hurts like hell to stretch out my arm and turn my palm over thumb up.. I know I should go see a doctor I am hoping i didnt pull it out all the way. That would suck. I should go see an ortho though just to make sure..

wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wetfred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The reason you have only two weeks is because the scar tissue starts growing making it harder for repair through surgery. Go see an Ortho asap and explain your financial situation. Don't wait.
    It's possible the tendon will heal itself but if you are an active person than surgery might be the best bet.
    Had the surgery in July 2009. Back in gym in Oct{light} and heavy in Jan 2010. I have a big azz scar and about a 1 inch gap on my bicep. I can lift heavy but don't push it.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    did you regain full strength in that arm..and did you have any deformalities now on that arm.
    Yes to both, I have full strength but I can see where it was torn, the muscle has a different shape now.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

does that have affect you during competition if you compete??.
    I just dont wanna be walking out to the ring and people look at me like I am a freak good thing if it does happen I do promoting also.
    It has been more than 24 hours slight swelling between bicep and forearm no bruising Supination when sitting arm at 90 degrees fine . Arms outstrectched not so good. I have read on the net that sometimes in gymnasts cases that the tendon actually stretches like a rubber band over the bones . any thought on this.?? I Also noticed that on both my arms if sitting down arms 90 degrees palm up I can stick my 3 foremost fingers between the gap between the lowest point of my bicep to my forearm. That is on my good arm. .. Thinking maybe I did it earlier on (back in the day) to both my arms and did the no pain no gain thing.