Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I want to build a PVC pipe Dip Station

only thing is, all the websites i go to like ehow.com dont have pics and i know its a simple desighn, but i really want step by step process on how to build it.

anyone have a good site with pics and process??

repps will be given this day

Brazilian Crew [<O>]
    Keto(since 11/11/2011)

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Have you seen the following video?

If you go to the youtube page for the above video, the first comment (from pmassie01) provides dimensions for the various pieces. You may want to adjust these a bit for your height.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Registered User yabbadabbadoher's Avatar
    yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just picked up a "Universal Dip Station" today, doesn't take up much room at all. Instead of using the doorway pull-up thingy, I hang it from a bar on my squat rack and put another bar a couple notches down/behind it to keep it from swinging.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looks really simple...just some tees, elbows, and couple stick of pipe. Prob $20 worth.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would not trust it for holding my weight...even using the thicker walled stuff. Esspecially when adding weights. It may hold for a time, but pvc gets brittle with age. One day when you have a few 45 plates hanging...snap!

Edit: Why not use black pipe?
    Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141126481

djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok so I made the one in the video above one afternoon. Supplies cost $50 here in Canada. Able to source everything at Home Depot.
    As we speak it is sitting outside in the rain rendered useless. I will take photos and upload later so you can see. It shakes like a beeatch and I didn't feel all that stable on it even if it was steady. I have a feeling the height to width ratio could be off making it shake at the top. Regardless I won't be wasting anymore time on it and will dismantle it in the spring.

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Looks really simple...just some tees, elbows, and couple stick of pipe. Prob $20 worth.
    That is what I initially thought. Went to Lowe's last week and checked PVC pipe prices. Fittings are all around $1 or less and think I would need 14. Then the 2" pipe was about $5 per 4ft piece so figuring on at least $35 or 40 total. Wanted it be around 48" x 27"x 20" and I thought the 1" pipe seemed too flexible. So guessing it would run closer to $50 or more?

djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djsuz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ffrink View Post
    That is what I initially thought. Went to Lowe's last week and checked PVC pipe prices. Fittings are all around $1 or less and think I would need 14. Then the 2" pipe was about $5 per 4ft piece so figuring on at least $35 or 40 total. Wanted it be around 48" x 27"x 20" and I thought the 1" pipe seemed too flexible. So guessing it would run closer to $50 or more?
    Yes, see post above.

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by djsuz View Post
    Yes, see post above.
    Might be a lot easier just finding a real cheap power tower. People are always unloading those.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by flat6nut View Post
    I would not trust it for holding my weight...even using the thicker walled stuff. Esspecially when adding weights. It may hold for a time, but pvc gets brittle with age. One day when you have a few 45 plates hanging...snap!

Edit: Why not use black pipe?
    No offence, but black pipe would cost about the same as buying one pre-built (or not too far from it anyways...especially if you buy it used).

The video above shows a guy approx 200lbs WITH weight hanging doing dips. Believe he said hes had the setup for some time.
    Also, while PVC does get brittle, it takes a good bit of time, elements play a factor, and you can tell when it's starting to weaken (gets chalky).

Each his/her own...but for about $20 its not a bad setup at all.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    None taken, but I sure as heck dont want to take the risk of it failing and having broke pvc sticking out of my neck.

You say the guy is 200#, plus the 50# db. What about an extra 100# on top of that? I have been creative with pvc...but...
    Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141126481

Registered User yabbadabbadoher's Avatar
    yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yabbadabbadoher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by flat6nut View Post
    None taken, but I sure as heck dont want to take the risk of it failing and having broke pvc sticking out of my neck.

You say the guy is 200#, plus the 50# db. What about an extra 100# on top of that? I have been creative with pvc...but...
    fill it with cement and if you're still iffy... add some rebar?

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by al****orilla View Post
    only thing is, all the websites i go to like ehow.com dont have pics and i know its a simple desighn, but i really want step by step process on how to build it.

anyone have a good site with pics and process??

repps will be given this day

g]
    do you have a power rack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFw2o-2DMlc
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I found this video where the guy goes through the complete setup, don't know if its what you want, but take alook

redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OntarioGuy View Post
    I found this video where the guy goes through the complete setup, don't know if its what you want, but take alook

I made one similar to the above this weekend, although I made it slightly taller so that the top bar is just around hip height.

It still needs to be cemented / glued together, but it seems solid so far.

Dimensions of my version:
    2 x Horizontal cross bars: 23"
    4 x Legs: 8"
    2 x Upper Vertical bar: 19
    2 x Lower Vertical bar: 9.5"

Including the L and T joints (with everything in place), the final height is between 35-36".

Also, I'm not planning on using endcaps on the legs because I couldn't find any decent rubber ones (only PVC). Some kind of fabric/tape/carpet/foam should create an even bottom.

In terms of cost, I found PVC for $1.29/ft at a hardware store, but you might find it cheaper from a strictly plumbing store. Primer + Cement should total around $8-10 if you buy small bottles.
    Last edited by redbird_is; 12-19-2011 at 01:23 PM.

alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    This actually look pretty dam good, i dont want to take more space out of my garage, so i think i will take this into consideration.

Originally Posted by OntarioGuy View Post

Originally Posted by redbird_is View Post
    I made one similar to the above this weekend, although I made it slightly taller so that the top bar is just around hip height.

It still needs to be cemented / glued together, but it seems solid so far.

Dimensions of my version:
    2 x Horizontal cross bars: 23"
    4 x Legs: 8"
    2 x Upper Vertical bar: 19
    2 x Lower Vertical bar: 9.5"

Including the L and T joints (with everything in place), the final height is between 35-36".

Also, I'm not planning on using endcaps on the legs because I couldn't find any decent rubber ones (only PVC). Some kind of fabric/tape/carpet/foam should create an even bottom.

In terms of cost, I found PVC for $1.29/ft at a hardware store, but you might find it cheaper from a strictly plumbing store. Primer + Cement should total around $8-10 if you buy small bottles.
    this also seems pretty good and space efficient. Now have to think which id want to do, Thanks guys, reps all around
    Brazilian Crew [<O>]
    Keto(since 11/11/2011)

boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    who sells this?? I really like that idea
    ha found it on google nice idea but idk how strong itd be or what it could hold i'd get it welded professionally cuz i dont have the equipment but still i'd be iffy
    Last edited by boxinggsxr; 08-05-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    6 time golden glove champion, 2nd at ringside worlds
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by boxinggsxr View Post
    who sells this?? I really like that idea
    no one sells it, that I know of. It's a homemade piece.

Metal pipe welded to a couple of pieces of angle iron.

Mine is similar but with no welding. I cut a 10' 1" black iron nipple (threaded on both ends) in half. Used two 1"x3/4" reducing elbows, and a 2' 3/4" nipple. Threading it together keeps the pipes from spreading/closing in. I haven't noticed enough front to back movement to concern me, if I did, I would just put the adhesive grip paper they use on skateboards on my safeties.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I really like that pullup bar mod

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can also use JB Weld on this project - tensile strength = 4k lbs/in^2, which is more than sufficient for even the heaviest of weighted dips. Just a heads up if you can't/don't want to deal with welding or finding a welder.

Originally Posted by cmarti063 View Post
    You can also use JB Weld on this project - tensile strength = 4k lbs/in^2, which is more than sufficient for even the heaviest of weighted dips. Just a heads up if you can't/don't want to deal with welding or finding a welder.
    I dont think I would trust JB weld, with something that could be a devastating injury. It is much easier to find a local welder and pay the 10-20 dollars.
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I dont think I would trust JB weld, with something that could be a devastating injury. It is much easier to find a local welder and pay the 10-20 dollars.
    I wouldn't either, I notice they don't rate sheer strength, at least not overtly and I would be more worried about that bond sheering out to the side.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For all the time, effort and money not to mention the risk of it exploding under your weight why not walk into a local welders and see what they can knock you up?

Originally Posted by guyver79 View Post
    For all the time, effort and money not to mention the risk of it exploding under your weight why not walk into a local welders and see what they can knock you up?
    When I hear JB weld and fitness equipment together. It reminds me what my out of pocket family deductible is.
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    While I am a fan of JB-Weld, I too think it's better to actually weld the pieces in Steven's dip station. There's simply not enough surface area between the pipe and the angle iron to make me confident that JB-Weld will hold long term.

rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rythex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't really like the idea of PVC shattering and ripping my arm/sides open if/when it fails. :P

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    I wouldn't either, I notice they don't rate sheer strength, at least not overtly and I would be more worried about that bond sheering out to the side.
    Originally Posted by guyver79 View Post
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    While I am a fan of JB-Weld, I too think it's better to actually weld the pieces in Steven's dip station. There's simply not enough surface area between the pipe and the angle iron to make me confident that JB-Weld will hold long term.
    While I agree that welding would be technically better (just like 7ga is better than 11ga), I respectfully disagree with the notion that JB Weld is not adequate for this task.

See, you roll the bar's underside in the compound. I put my own weight on this as well (about 200 lbs with workout clothes on plus the 700 lbs of plates for a total of around 900 lbs) but I obviously can't take a picture like that. Again, welding would be better, but this is quite fine as well. Either way, piss on a pvc rack, cause -that- is asking for an accident.

While I agree that welding would be technically better (just like 7ga is better than 11ga), I respectfully disagree with the notion that JB Weld is not adequate for this task.

See, you roll the bar's underside in the compound. I put my own weight on this as well (about 200 lbs with workout clothes on plus the 700 lbs of plates for a total of around 900 lbs) but I obviously can't take a picture like that. Again, welding would be better, but this is quite fine as well. Either way, piss on a pvc rack, cause -that- is asking for an accident.
    Did you mean to put the angled steel facing the same direction on spotter rails.
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Aside from the issue Steven mentions, I see no problem with it if you can ensure that only downward force is being applied to the dip bars. Depending upon your form, however, you may have either inward or outward forces which could cause one of them to break free.