Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    Did you mean to put the angled steel facing the same direction on spotter rails.
    It is like this

....================================....
    * * *................................................. ..* * *
    *................................................. .............*
    *................................................. ............ *

(the .... is just air, the === is the bar, and the *** is the angle iron)

And yes, I did that on purpose. I can hang it from a small ledge made by the concrete foundation in the garage.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cmarti063 View Post
    It is like this

....================================....
    * * *................................................. ..* * *
    *................................................. .............*
    *................................................. ............ *

(the .... is just air, the === is the bar, and the *** is the angle iron)

And yes, I did that on purpose. I can hang it from a small ledge made by the concrete foundation in the garage.
    ok I see it now at first it looked like they faced the same direction.
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Huh, I saw it that way too when I first looked. But now that I look at it again, I see it the way cmarti063 indicates in his diagram.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah my phone take junk for pictures, but who the hell has a real camera anymore. Lol, I'm just glad you could decipher my hieroglyphic schematics.

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Aside from the issue Steven mentions, I see no problem with it if you can ensure that only downward force is being applied to the dip bars. Depending upon your form, however, you may have either inward or outward forces which could cause one of them to break free.
    I seriously doubt that one could apply nearly enough torque on the bars to cause rotational forces to separate the bond between the bar and the angle iron. People do dips with their olympic bars and they don't just roll out from under them - that is without any bonding agent whatsoever. I understand that you have a hesitant skepticism, but I assure you that I would not take any chances with my safety. Each bond is nearly 2"^2 of surface area - that is a tensile strength of around 16k lbs per half of the bar.

Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If your power rack accepts the steel rods then here's another alternative you can try. However, this is an angled version. Requires no welding.

All the pipe sizes you need:

Originally Posted by Shoua View Post
    If your power rack accepts the steel rods then here's another alternative you can try. However, this is an angled version. Requires no welding.
    I like it. So now, there are multiple solid ideas for adding dip bars to different styles of racks.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by cmarti063 View Post
    I seriously doubt that one could apply nearly enough torque on the bars to cause rotational forces to separate the bond between the bar and the angle iron. People do dips with their olympic bars and they don't just roll out from under them - that is without any bonding agent whatsoever. I understand that you have a hesitant skepticism, but I assure you that I would not take any chances with my safety. Each bond is nearly 2"^2 of surface area - that is a tensile strength of around 16k lbs per half of the bar.
    You may be right. Even if it does fail, it probably won't be catastrophic. If one of the ends of the dip bar did break loose, it'd probably sit in that channel formed by the JB-Weld. Or, if the JB-Weld separated from one of the angle iron supports, it'd just slide a bit one way or the other. Still, it's something to inspect from time to time.

I've had JB-Weld break loose after a time on one of my projects. I have a hitch mounted bike rack that has developed a loose pivot, causing it to droop a bit. I used JB-weld to attach some mending plates to the rack. These plates simply act as a shim to help prop the rack up a bit. The JB-Weld is only used to hold the shim in place when the rack is rotated upward. It took a few years, but I noticed that the shim was beginning to separate from the rack. The JB-Weld was still holding them in place, but I was able to peel the plates away using hand strength only. I used JB-Weld to reattach them again, but I used a wire wheel to roughen the surface of the mending plates first. Even so, I expect it to fail again at some point.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Shoua View Post
    All the pipe sizes you need:
    Im not too familiar with galvanized pipe and attachments but could each threaded end be a potential weak point under-stress
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    You may be right. Even if it does fail, it probably won't be catastrophic. If one of the ends of the dip bar did break loose, it'd probably sit in that channel formed by the JB-Weld. Or, if the JB-Weld separated from one of the angle iron supports, it'd just slide a bit one way or the other. Still, it's something to inspect from time to time.

I've had JB-Weld break loose after a time on one of my projects. I have a hitch mounted bike rack that has developed a loose pivot, causing it to droop a bit. I used JB-weld to attach some mending plates to the rack. These plates simply act as a shim to help prop the rack up a bit. The JB-Weld is only used to hold the shim in place when the rack is rotated upward. It took a few years, but I noticed that the shim was beginning to separate from the rack. The JB-Weld was still holding them in place, but I was able to peel the plates away using hand strength only. I used JB-Weld to reattach them again, but I used a wire wheel to roughen the surface of the mending plates first. Even so, I expect it to fail again at some point.
    Definitely smart to periodically inspect equipment. That should be done by everyone, and it is always a good idea to say it again. I think the secret with the JB Weld is two-fold: surface prep and coverage area. I sand off all paint/dirt/etc, scuffing up the surface to create a better bond. Also, after applying the compound it becomes a bit tackier but still pliable - I roll it up like a play-dough worm and push it in the crevices, much like a bead from a regular weld. I also like to put it between the two surfaces (although much thinner than in the corners). Just my experiences. But yes - periodically inspect your gear.

Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Im not too familiar with galvanized pipe and attachments but could each threaded end be a potential weak point under-stress
    With my bodyweight (I was 205 when I had still had my homegym) and a 75 lb weight vest, I had no issues. Just had to make sure that the thread was twisted in as tight as possible.

stefhyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dip station

Hi, I bought the materials to make this and used some measurements from the body rock page and my dad and I made it but it's really wobbly. Does anyone have any tips on how to strengthen it up a bit?
    Any suggestions much appreciated otherwise I have a lot of small pieces of plumbers pipe available to sell on ebay!
    Thanks

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by stefhyo View Post
    Hi, I bought the materials to make this and used some measurements from the body rock page and my dad and I made it but it's really wobbly. Does anyone have any tips on how to strengthen it up a bit?
    Any suggestions much appreciated otherwise I have a lot of small pieces of plumbers pipe available to sell on ebay!
    Thanks
    Your age is listed at 33 and you needed your dads help?

Honest profiles or negs.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I've been eyeballing these dip attachments on ebay

search for "power squt dip attachment" Leave out the "a" in squat

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

Honest profiles or negs.
    Come on Tim. What's the problem with a 127lb 33yr old?
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Apparently he is about as handy as I am!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Originally Posted by stefhyo View Post
    Did you use PVC glue to hold everything together? If not, that's a good place to start...

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

Honest profiles or negs.
    Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    I think this poster might be a female.

After all, they got the dimension from the "body rock" page.