Page 57 of 210 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 6295
    FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IRockNikes View Post
    So how could I incorporate this with a normal lifting routine? What if I did like three weeks heavy lifting, then one week of this? Would that be a good idea?
    You ever hear of the PLP challenge? That's one idea but the essence is not to reach failure no matter what kind of calisthenics routine you want to complement with lifting.

Ignuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ignuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ignuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Added a new exercise to my core day.. Not sure what you call it, but it is giving me the best core workout I've ever felt.

Start in L/V sit position and then slowly move your body into a hand stand position with no swing all controlled strength.. Do 10 reps.

It's a very well known move, but also a great workout.

Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I followed Stew Smith's Navy Seal Guide for about 1.5-2 months which is pure calisthenics and cardio. It involved pyramid pushups, situp, and pullups along with a few variations of the few. My pushups got up to about 80 and pullups to 15 but I did not see much size. Although I was doing a lot of cardio. If anything, I lost mass. Maybe its because I was doing such high reps of regular pushups and not more challenging movements. But I am pretty excited about trying out pure calisthenics again but moving on to more advanced movements and seeing where that takes me.

Ignuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ignuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ignuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I followed Stew Smith's Navy Seal Guide for about 1.5-2 months which is pure calisthenics and cardio. It involved pyramid pushups, situp, and pullups along with a few variations of the few. My pushups got up to about 80 and pullups to 15 but I did not see much size. Although I was doing a lot of cardio. If anything, I lost mass. Maybe its because I was doing such high reps of regular pushups and not more challenging movements. But I am pretty excited about trying out pure calisthenics again but moving on to more advanced movements and seeing where that takes me.

Do 10 reps max with 60 seconds rest per set. Make the reps that much harder that you are ****ed after the first set and most likely wont be able to hit 10 by the time you're on the 5th or 6th set.

Also what was your diet like?

Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ignuz View Post
    Added a new exercise to my core day.. Not sure what you call it, but it is giving me the best core workout I've ever felt.

Start in L/V sit position and then slowly move your body into a hand stand position with no swing all controlled strength.. Do 10 reps.

It's a very well known move, but also a great workout.
    No hate, but I'll believe it when I see a video of you doing that for 10 reps

Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That is a plan based on endurance. They aren't training you to learn a muscle up or something.

Thats why you lost weight
    Brothers of Metal

6'2", 198lbs

Originally Posted by Chris Partlow View Post
    No hate, but I'll believe it when I see a video of you doing that for 10 reps

That is a plan based on endurance. They aren't training you to learn a muscle up or something.

I can't do it without parrallel bars and I would say my handstand part isn't sustained for long enough as I'm just getting into it more lately.

Also I discovered this forum, you guys might already know about it, but it's just next level for the stuff we're doing.

gymnasticbodies.com

FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone do regular pushups a bit more challenging - or even squats or pullups - by taking longer on the descent than the ascent, including a brief pause during the exercise? I like to hold the contraction for a second at the bottom before swiftly going back up and immediately going back down in a controlled manner.

Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000) Rudyy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do 10 reps max with 60 seconds rest per set. Make the reps that much harder that you are ****ed after the first set and most likely wont be able to hit 10 by the time you're on the 5th or 6th set.

Also what was your diet like?
    It was pretty relaxed. It was basically IF. I'd have a decent sized meal in the afternoon and then a big dinner.

True. Since my pullups were on the lower rep side, my back grew slightly but my chest went down because of all the pushups.

I did dips today and am a little confused with these. I have never seen anyone do 55 reps on dips before. My all time best is 37 and I was the king of dips at my gym. So how in the world are we supposed to do a pyramid set of 55 dips and then back down? I only got up to 6 and had to take longer breaks in order to come back down the pyramid.

Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pretty good session today.

Pull ups
    7, 6, 7, 6, 6, 5
    A bit disappointed about that last set, but I'm more than satisfied with those 2 sets of 7

Also did some HSPUs against a wall. The sets with a * next to them were partial reps, I had my hoodie under my head so I wansn't going all the way down.
    5*
    6*

I'm seeing progress from session to session, so I'm pretty motivated right now, looking forward to my next session.

Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000) Patrick_Spens is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post
    Amazing total body cardio.
    I did a set of 60 burpees today.. un-interrupted. Not bad for an old man.

Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Progress, progress everywhere!

I couldn't resist doing the same workout again today. I'm doing a legs/core session tomorrow so I'm not neglecting body parts, but I am going to do certain things multiple times a week to get better as fast as possible.

Pull ups
    7, 7, 7, 7, 7ish, 6
    Very happy with this, aiming for 6 sets of 7 next time I do pull ups and from there, up to 8.

HSPU
    4, 5, 4, 4, 2
    No partial reps this time, that last set just didn't go well, but I'm still satisfied, I think once I get to 5 reps on this I'll become much more comfortable, similar to pull ups.

One last thing, during pull ups I get a crazy forearm pump. In the past the only forearm training I got was from compound movements, mostly deadlifts, I've never isolated them or done any grip training. Is this pump just my body adjusting and to the new stress on my forearms, or am I doing pull ups wrong? I don't get much of a lat pump, but then again I never have doing any back exercises ever.

fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Guys, which are better? Hollow or Arched back pullups?

The day before yesterday I attempted my upper body superset pyramid of 9 after a five day "rest" (family matters) and I missed so many reps on the pullups that I lost count. Before the rest, I was so close to completion and only missed it by 10 reps; 2 on the peak, then 3 on the next going back down, 4, and finally 1. I didn't realize I'd lose so much strength in five days. I'm going to do this workout again in a few minutes. Time to engage beast mode...

Note to self: Go back down a peak after not working out for five days including only getting five hours of sleep within three of those nights.
    Last edited by FitFor75th; 11-01-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: *note

Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Chris Partlow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fafaedras View Post
    Guys, which are better? Hollow or Arched back pullups?
    Hollow. It engages the lats more and you get better strength development from it
    Brothers of Metal

6'2", 198lbs

fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hollow. It engages the lats more and you get better strength development from it
    Thanks! repped.

Originally Posted by Mr.Serpent View Post
    Progress, progress everywhere!

I couldn't resist doing the same workout again today. I'm doing a legs/core session tomorrow so I'm not neglecting body parts, but I am going to do certain things multiple times a week to get better as fast as possible.

Pull ups
    7, 7, 7, 7, 7ish, 6
    Very happy with this, aiming for 6 sets of 7 next time I do pull ups and from there, up to 8.

HSPU
    4, 5, 4, 4, 2
    No partial reps this time, that last set just didn't go well, but I'm still satisfied, I think once I get to 5 reps on this I'll become much more comfortable, similar to pull ups.

One last thing, during pull ups I get a crazy forearm pump. In the past the only forearm training I got was from compound movements, mostly deadlifts, I've never isolated them or done any grip training. Is this pump just my body adjusting and to the new stress on my forearms, or am I doing pull ups wrong? I don't get much of a lat pump, but then again I never have doing any back exercises ever.

I still get that crazy forearm pump depending on how hard I push myself in training.. Had it so bad once I thought they were going to explode when I clenched my fists haha

alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alphama1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sorry if this has already been posted but this thread is too dam big to search for it , has OP posted his calisthenics routine? or atleast one for a beginner?

I still get that crazy forearm pump depending on how hard I push myself in training.. Had it so bad once I thought they were going to explode when I clenched my fists haha
    Thanks, good to know it's not just me then. I suppose it's a good thing though, I was reading up on HSPUs recently and it said that grip strength can help to improve balance a lot. Something to work on.

UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTNAS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any tips on how to train for HSPU? (Handstand push-up right?) I mean how to train for it if I can't even do one rep at the moment?

I weigh 185 lbs and I can shoulder press 110lbs+. Do I even have potential

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by UTNAS View Post
    Any tips on how to train for HSPU? (Handstand push-up right?) I mean how to train for it if I can't even do one rep at the moment?

I weigh 185 lbs and I can shoulder press 110lbs+. Do I even have potential

Thanks in advance
    I am still doing them against a wall, but I can give you some advice on the beginning stage.

If you can't complete a full rep, then start with partials. Put something under your head, books, a jumper, whatever, and just press down to that. Even if the range of motion is only and inch, you will improve in time.

Don't neglect core exercises either, your whole body must be strong for a HSPU. Like I mentioned in my last post, I'm going to start working my grip strength more, as it really aids with balance. You can 'grip' the ground better with your fingers.
    Last edited by Mr.Serpent; 11-03-2012 at 05:59 AM.

cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just ended my contract at the gym and will be taking up calisthenics full-time. It's going to be slow progress but I'm ready for a challenge, let's do this!

Originally Posted by alphama1e View Post
    sorry if this has already been posted but this thread is too dam big to search for it , has OP posted his calisthenics routine? or atleast one for a beginner?
    He basically said to start with the most basic form of the exercise; ie, a regular pushup. Once you can achieve a pyramid of 10 you can then move on to a more difficult progression like close pushups. After that you can do something like: decline > hindu > dive bomber > clapping > side to side > one leg > one arm > one leg/one arm > planche... You can arrange the exercises however you like, that's just how I plan on advancing.

Quick question, why does everyone I've ever heard talking about calisthenics on youtube pronounce it calistheTics?

Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Serpent View Post
    Quick question, why does everyone I've ever heard talking about calisthenics on youtube pronounce it calistheTics?
    they are probably using some word play by mixing "aesthetics" into the word "calisthenics"

in any case it is pronounced and spelled correctly with the 'n' lol
    ***Misc Strength Crew***
    **Endo-Meso Crew** 1.58

Current deadlift: 505, Goal: 550
    Current bench: 320, Goal: 350
    Weighted Pullups: 90x5, Goal of 115x5 by 2016

Originally Posted by Kooobe View Post
    they are probably using some word play by mixing "aesthetics" into the word "calisthenics"

in any case it is pronounced and spelled correctly with the 'n' lol
    That's actually an interesting point, I don't think that's the reason (I just think people commonly pronounce it wrong) but I like the idea.

ROB says it right, but I even heard a rapper mention calistheTics in a freestyle once, so it seems like a common mistake.

Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ragana has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I run a fitness page and I want to get the word out on Calisthenics. If you're interested in making a video that I could post on my page shoot me a PM and we can discuss this further.
    Born in Lithuania | Living in Chicago |

https://www.instagram.com/living_shredded/

ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000) ShiaSleep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NoahideBrah View Post
    I don't believe this to be true, depending on the context of what you just said. Do you mean people that only do bar exercises, with a bar or are you also including people who only do calisthenics?

If it is the latter, I do not think even for a second that a well-train calisthenics athlete has limited themselves.

A friend of mine who is an avid BBer recently told me he is (humorously) disappointed with me for abandoning the weights and that I will never get really strong. Okay...my take is this...

What amount of strength do I, or calisthenic, athletes need? Have you seen well-trained Calis guys? They can throw themselves in the air, jump from bar to bar, do all this crazy ****e. They act like their bodyweight is resistant-less. Are they not strong? They don't need to lift 300kgs from the ground to prove something. They prove their flexibility, strength, power, etc all from their actions.

Ross Enamait once told me some of the biggest bulls*it he has ever heard is that calisthenic athlete's cannot get shockingly strong, and if you know who Ross Enamait is, you know my point.
    Would like to add to your point.

Here is a quote from an article on T Nation with a gymnast coach about Gymnasts, their amazing physique using no external resistance.

Sommer: Gymnastics training does indeed build incredible strength. For example, I was not a particularly strong gymnast, yet I was able to do a double bodyweight deadlift and weighted chins with almost 50% extra bodyweight on my very first weight training attempts.

One of my student’s, JJ Gregory, far exceeded my own modest accomplishments. On his first day of high school weight lifting, JJ pulled a nearly triple bodyweight deadlift with 400 pounds at a bodyweight of 135 and about 5’3" in height. On another day, he also did an easy weighted chin with 75 pounds,
    and certainly looked as though he could've done quite a bit more. We’ll never know for sure because the cheap belt I was using at the time snapped.

jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thinking about doing bodyweight exercises for a month or so if for nothing else but a change in tempo if you will.

So, the pyramid thing...Do 1 set of 1 pullup, then 1 set of 2, then 3, 4, 5, etc up to 10, and count backwards, then call it a day?

Needless to say I'm a bit confused on the whole "pyramid" thing.

bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jj00ee View Post
    Thinking about doing bodyweight exercises for a month or so if for nothing else but a change in tempo if you will.

So, the pyramid thing...Do 1 set of 1 pullup, then 1 set of 2, then 3, 4, 5, etc up to 10, and count backwards, then call it a day?

Needless to say I'm a bit confused on the whole "pyramid" thing.
    yeah, and you can also make it a little bit more challenging by doing 10-30 push-ups after each set

can somebody critique my form on the pull-ups? did those yesterday
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oug5bjzk9a...2016.44.16.mp4
    SOHP : 265