Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Taking a break - How long is too long?

Sup Brahs

Basically, I normally go to gym at school (There's only like 10 of us that go and it's well setup.. Bench, squat rack, about 10 machines and 2.5-50KG DB's) and I get my workouts done before school. Always really motivated and I enjoy myself.

Now that we're on school holidays and the gym's shut, I can't find the motivation to workout properly in other gyms. I have a feeling it's just because I'm pretty flat out with working and trying to relax at the moment, and that desire to workout just isn't there. The times that I'm able to go are always peak hour too, and often I'm left standing around waiting for anything to free up and I don't get a full workout.

I was thinking of working out this week and next, and then having a month off from actually attending the gym, and just doing a home bodyweight workout, some cardio and keeping up with my cut. I'm aware that I will lose a fair bit of lean mass, but is this considered 'too long' in terms of taking a break? I really feel that I need to. I was considering this as I have a bit of bodyfat I still want to lose, and if I can get to my desired bodyfat level, I can actually bulk for the first time ever and see some good gains upon returning to gym in late January. Give me your thoughts, I could be totally off track here haha.

MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 day is too long, you would have to break my legs to stop me lifting and even then I would still do upper body

Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kayexem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MightyApe View Post
    1 day is too long, you would have to break my legs to stop me lifting and even then I would still do upper body

This is how I normally feel. But my motivation levels are crap at the moment.

southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000)
    you need to mix up your workouts, change some exercises, change ur splits. your workouts should be enjoyable and in a way fun, while at the same time intense. It shouldn't be a "hassle" that you HAVE TO do everyday. thats just my perspective on it

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you eat properly, 1 month isnt too much. You will probably lost some strength but it will come back pretty quickly.

Just be carefull, your metabolism will drop and if you keep eating like you normally do, you will put some pounds of fat.

Your muscles wont disapear! Even if you cut, you wont burn muscles. Take a month off if you need to!
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kayexem View Post
    Sup Brahs

Basically, I normally go to gym at school (There's only like 10 of us that go and it's well setup.. Bench, squat rack, about 10 machines and 2.5-50KG DB's) and I get my workouts done before school. Always really motivated and I enjoy myself.

Now that we're on school holidays and the gym's shut, I can't find the motivation to workout properly in other gyms. I have a feeling it's just because I'm pretty flat out with working and trying to relax at the moment, and that desire to workout just isn't there. The times that I'm able to go are always peak hour too, and often I'm left standing around waiting for anything to free up and I don't get a full workout.

I was thinking of working out this week and next, and then having a month off from actually attending the gym, and just doing a home bodyweight workout, some cardio and keeping up with my cut. I'm aware that I will lose a fair bit of lean mass, but is this considered 'too long' in terms of taking a break? I really feel that I need to. I was considering this as I have a bit of bodyfat I still want to lose, and if I can get to my desired bodyfat level, I can actually bulk for the first time ever and see some good gains upon returning to gym in late January. Give me your thoughts, I could be totally off track here haha.
    2 months is too long

XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    take at least 1 week off per year to give your nervous system a break.

I personally take my week off during Christmas- new years anyway due to the wacky gym schedules/ closings.

I would not take anymore than 2 weeks off unless you are injured
    Staple Supplements:

Allmax Nutrition Isoflex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Rage
    iForce Hemavol
    Thermolife C-bol
    Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Every time you don't give 100%...
    You make it that much easier for me to beat you... -Anonymous

travisrobleyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travisrobleyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travisrobleyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travisrobleyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travisrobleyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travisrobleyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travisrobleyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travisrobleyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know if this is 100% true...but what i heard was that you can take up to 3 weeks break 4 weeks at most(or just a month) and not loose too much strength, will loose some but not alot. Also heard that after you come back you actually can become stronger from the fact your muscles had such a good break they can be built more. I myself am going to take a 3 week break(Getting Tendinitus in right wrist....) however im going to try to do some good cardio and push ups everyday. Maybe start at doing 50 in morning 50 at night then moving it up. However this is just what im doing because of fact need to take it easy on wrist.
    Think strong, think positive and success is on its way.

MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalSt0rm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 week you'll still be gaining, because you'll be fully recovering. I'd say past the two week mark you'd start losing if did nothing, but 3 weeks should be fine if you keep up cardio/ bodyweight exercises, 4 weeks... probably a tad too long but nothing too major.
    <**>Yellow Fever Crew: Once you go Asian...HNNNNGHH<**>
    ###Manual Trans Crew###

Registered User MotivationTruck's Avatar
    MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MotivationTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by travisrobleyr View Post
    I dont know if this is 100% true...but what i heard was that you can take up to 3 weeks break 4 weeks at most(or just a month) and not loose too much strength, will loose some but not alot. Also heard that after you come back you actually can become stronger from the fact your muscles had such a good break they can be built more. I myself am going to take a 3 week break(Getting Tendinitus in right wrist....) however im going to try to do some good cardio and push ups everyday. Maybe start at doing 50 in morning 50 at night then moving it up. However this is just what im doing because of fact need to take it easy on wrist.
    This is true. You can take a week/month off without losing any strength at all. Only if you eat right. Hit your macros and try to eat at maintenance. I'm actually on a break now, it's kind of refreshing.