mechas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mechas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mechas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How long does it take to gain muscle mass

I am working out 5 times a week. Taking protein, bcaas, creatine, supermax pro. My goals are:

---------- Current ---- Goal ----- Change
    Chest ------ 38.50 ---- 42.25 ----- 10%
    Shoulders -- 48.50 ---- 53.25 ------10%
    Arms ------ 13.00 ----- 15.00 ----- 15%
    Waist ----- 38.00 ----- 34.50 --- -10%

I am trying to set a time scale to these goals to keep myself motivated but being new to the game, I don't know what is reasonable.

Any and all help is appreciated!

kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mechas View Post
    I am working out 5 times a week. Taking protein, bcaas, creatine, supermax pro. My goals are:
    ---------- Current ---- Goal ----- Change
    Chest ------ 38.50 ---- 42.25 ----- 10%
    Shoulders -- 48.50 ---- 53.25 ------10%
    Arms ------ 13.00 ----- 15.00 ----- 15%
    Waist ----- 38.00 ----- 34.50 --- -10%
    I am trying to set a time scale to these goals to keep myself motivated but being new to the game, I don't know what is reasonable.
    Any and all help is appreciated!
    It really depends honestly!
    I went on ranting sorry yeah yours is achievable!
    Scale? Its really up to you alot of it is dependent on how well your work out? Your nutritional intake! All these protein shakes can barely improve you! Just monitor your workout plan see if you progress in strength log them if you have to! Monitor what food you if you can as well. The result will be dependent on you!
    I'm gonna estimate this results around 3 months to 6 months!
    Last edited by kris2pe; 12-13-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    kinda long but a good read that puts things into real perspective

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...potential.html

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You will never gain muscle mass, or strength, at any rate that even vaguely resembles a predictable trajectory.

You will, however, gain muscle mass and strength, and keep gaining it, as long as you continue training.

This will take time, and trying to control that will lead you to over/undertrain. Focus on the work, that is what you can control, and it's all that you will benefit from controlling.

Also, despite this being something that people generally have to learn for themselves, you should know that your goals will more often than not take far longer than you predict (even with your most conservative estimates). You will, however, also find that you're capable of exceeding goals that you didn't think you could - in due time.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.