Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    seb481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seb481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by UngeneticAzn View Post
    Too bad I already negged you...
    150lbs
    been training alot longer than me, i can see why you'd want to neg me. Nice way to come at me.
    R.I.P Zyzz

Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by seb481 View Post
    I was using soreness and pump as a means of expressing my results - good soreness and pump come with good rseults for me. If programs can be changed with their faults, than i would suggest such variance depletes the meaning of a program and thus my own unique form of working out could be considered a program.
    It's not as ridiculous as it sounds, you can perfect the sculpting bodybuilding part accross all areas and muscle whilst supplementing your strength growth. Than on more compound lifts, changing the frequency to lean more towards strength will help strength alot more without hindering the size part much. The only rep you won't gain from is the rep you don't do - and i do 'em alllll. Overtrained ? no such thing.

if you can't do something you are not in good enough shape. Here is a story:

IF you got a job as a garbage man (or run a jackhammer, or some other physically demanding job) and had to pick up heavy cans all day long, I'm sure the first day would be very difficult - possibly almost impossible for some to complete so what do you do? take 3 days off and possibly lose your job? NO! you would take your sore, beaten self to work the next day. You would mope around and be fatigued - much less energetic than the previous day, but you would make yourself get through it. Get home, soak in the tub, take aspirin, etc. The next day would be worse..etc. etc. Eventually you will be running down the street tossing cans around and joking with your coworkers. How did this happen? You forced your body to adapt to the job at hand! IF you cant' squat everyday, lift heavy everyday then you are not OVERTRAINED, you are UNDERTRAINED!

Could a random person off the street come to the gym with you and do your exact workout? probably not - cause they are undertrained. Same goes with most when compared to elite athletes.
    You don't understand the CNS, you don't understand the proper foundations of strength training, and you are most certainly not some fuking genius for coming up with the revolutionary idea of getting strength and size at the same time. People who train for strength generally train the movements, not the muscles, and vice versa for bodybuilders. You can't do both *******, At least not to a discernible degree. Guess what, the way you're talking makes you come off as stupid, I didn't need your incorrect analogy to tell me anything, except further clear up the judgement that you're a chump that knows little.

'the only rep you don't gain from is the rep you don't do'

LAWL, srs you have no idea about sustainable training then, you simply don't comprehend the idea of progressive overload. Let's all deadlift until we drop then do it again tomorrow, because obviously that means I'll be so much stronger without draining my CNS and with adequate recovery. That's your logic, and it is so wrong i know you will keep arguing because I can see how twisted your knowledge base is.

And btw no one is trying to 'come at you' we are just telling you how it is in FRANCIS' LOG IDIOT
    I'm aware I'm a wolf

Check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136392741

seb481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seb481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Teenwolf2 View Post
    You don't understand the CNS, you don't understand the proper foundations of strength training, and you are most certainly not some fuking genius for coming up with the revolutionary idea of getting strength and size at the same time. People who train for strength generally train the movements, not the muscles, and vice versa for bodybuilders. You can't do both *******, At least not to a discernible degree. Guess what, the way you're talking makes you come off as stupid, I didn't need your incorrect analogy to tell me anything, except further clear up the judgement that you're a chump that knows little.

LAWL, srs you have no idea about sustainable training then, you simply don't comprehend the idea of progressive overload. Let's all deadlift until we drop then do it again tomorrow, because obviously that means I'll be so much stronger without draining my CNS and with adequate recovery. That's your logic, and it is so wrong i know you will keep arguing because I can see how twisted your knowledge base is.

And btw no one is trying to 'come at you' we are just telling you how it is in FRANCIS' LOG IDIOT
    I never claimed to get size and strength, if you read it properly i was saying i train different muscles/lifts for different purposes - so strength for some and size for other. I don't need your stupid comments like that, if i was taking advice i would take it from someone who actually read what i was saying. This is bodybuilding i train like a bodybuilder. But who the **** gets jacked off deadlifts? hence why i train DL's for strength. Jesus learn to read something before going on a mad one.

That's my logic, it's firmly based on the olympic training method incorporated by 30 year long standing world record holders. That is what i'm saying for the strength aspect of lifting, if you want to argue that than search for a gym called average broz gym, look at them and tell me it's not working.

I was referring to the negative rep i got from that little **** earlier on, for saying the word bro, but again you're half witted little insults about things you know nothing are helping so much. Your two cents weren't asked for, and if you insist of giving them than please check yo **** phirst.
    R.I.P Zyzz

Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I never claimed to get size and strength, if you read it properly i was saying i train different muscles/lifts for different purposes - so strength for some and size for other. I don't need your stupid comments like that, if i was taking advice i would take it from someone who actually read what i was saying. This is bodybuilding i train like a bodybuilder. But who the **** gets jacked off deadlifts? hence why i train DL's for strength. Jesus learn to read something before going on a mad one.

That's my logic, it's firmly based on the olympic training method incorporated by 30 year long standing world record holders. That is what i'm saying for the strength aspect of lifting, if you want to argue that than search for a gym called average broz gym, look at them and tell me it's not working.

I was referring to the negative rep i got from that little **** earlier on, for saying the word bro, but again you're half witted little insults about things you know nothing are helping so much. Your two cents weren't asked for, and if you insist of giving them than please check yo **** phirst.
    My gawd. You just said 'I never said I train for size and strength', then continued to contradict yourself.

Oh and you think you can accurately employ the Bulgarian method?? I know ave broz gym, I have interviewed John broz ffs. You are not genetically gifted enough nor smart enough to even understand or utilise the training methods Ivan and John use, I bet you think you're clever going around applying Oly training techniques to yourself like a pro, amirite? Truth be told, I'm not trying to get you over to my side of thinking, because I know that you're both ignorant and stubborn. Ignorance is bliss, you must tell me about it sometime.

So If you're dumb enough to think you know what's up just cos you go to YouTube and see big pat Mendes and rob adell lifting huge weights and think 'I'm going to apply this with my huge knowledge base and experience level and this will all turn out peaches!' you are severely mistaken. Go back to your smith machine squats mate, it's safer for you there
    I'm aware I'm a wolf

Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    150lbs
    been training alot longer than me, i can see why you'd want to neg me. Nice way to come at me.

My thoughts seb. Minus calling you stupid and an idiot and *******. Nice post teenwolf.
    "Do not try to fake passion, because eventually somebody will come along who is truly passionate and they will fuking embarass you"- Ryan Doris

Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I sort of agree with Wolf here a bit more but I think the arguing should end and I will finally update now!!
    "Do not try to fake passion, because eventually somebody will come along who is truly passionate and they will fuking embarass you"- Ryan Doris

Week 11-2/27/12

Workout B:SS

Squat

210x5/5/5 +0

Military Press

105x5/5/3 +5

Pendlay Rows

155x5/5/5 +5

Chin Ups

+10x10/10 +2 reps

Week 11-2/29/12

Workout A:SS

Squat

215x5/5/5/ +5

Bench Press

145x5/5/5/ +5

Deadlift

215x5 +5

Dips

+8x15/15 +5

Way to get PRs in everything man!
    I'm aware I'm a wolf

Way to get PRs in everything man!
    Thanks mayne! More to come!

Week 11-2/29/12

Workout A: SS

Squat
    215x5/5/5 +5

Bench Press
    145x5/5/5 +5

Deadlift
    215x5 +5

Dips
    +15x8/8 +5

Week 11-3/2/12

Squat
    220x5/5/5 +5

Military Press
    105x5/5/5 +5

Pendlay Rows
    160x5/5/5 +5

Chin Ups
    +15x8/8 +5

Week 12-3/5/12

Squat
    225x5/3/4 +5
    2 plate squat finally. Didnt get all my reps. Seems so much heavier than 220. Will break through this plateau eventually.

Bench Press
    150x5/5/5 +5
    Very nice.

Deadlift
    220x6 +5
    Felt good so I did another.

Dip
    +15x10/10 +2 reps

Week 12- 3/7/12

Squat
    225x5/3/3 +0
    Wow. Definitely hard. Not so sure if I can get this with this form. Went to the strength and conditioning coach and corrected form.

Military Press
    110x5/5/4 +5
    Dang. Was feeling pretty good though so I should break this easily.

Pendlay Rows
    165x5/5/5 +5
    Just keep getting stronger on this. My lats actually hurt for like the first time after these and the pull ups.

Chin ups
    +15x10/6 +0 reps
    Hmmmm.... I must have not gotten enough sleep or something because I felt really burnt out by the end.

Overall pretty good workout. Too bad I still haven’t achieved the 2 plate squat yet. I also did a burnout set of35-40 pushups at the end of this just to see if my max pushups have gone up. They definitely have.

Week 12-3/9/12

Squat
    205x5/5/5 -20

Bench Press
    155x4 +5
    145x4/2 -5

Deadlift
    200x5 -20

This was sort of a deload workout. Thing is the day before this, (Thursday) I fooled around in the weight room doing cleans, pull ups, bench press, squats. It was sort of a workout that really made me tired. So I worked out 3 days in a row which killed me by this day. I bench press with just the bar until failure twice and got 70 reps on the first one and 60 reps on the second set. So 130 reps of BP really killed me the next day. That is why this is sort of a deload workout. Was sort of stupid of me but whatever.
    It is now March break (spring break) and I will try to get into the gym at least 2 times. It will in fact be a deload week because I haven’t had one in a long time. I should really let my CNS rest and hopefully I come back stronger.

Week 14-DELOAD- 3/12/12

Squat

155x5/5/5

Just worked on form. Liking it.

Military Press

75x5/5/5

Also found out max which is around 135, pree good.

Pendlay Rows

135x5/5/5

Lightweight baby.

Chins

BW-2x15

2 sets almost until failure. So my max chin ups are around 15-17.

Overall good workout. This was also all after about and hour and a half playing 3v3 basketball so I was sweating large buckets and pretty tired. Will try to get one more workout day in this week.

Week 14-DELOAD-3/14/12

Bench Press

50lbsx6/6/6

Done with 50lb dumbbells. Not hard at all.

Dips

BWx10/10

Done on a weird contraption but didnt go to failure.

Just a little short workout that I wanted to do. Couldn't really do Squats or Deadlifts with dumbbells in fear of snappin my **** up mayne!

Week 15-3/21/12

Squat

205x5/5/5 +0

Pretty hard. Lost strength over break.

Bench Press

145x5/5/5 -5

Crap. Surprised I even got all reps.

Deadlift

225x5 +5

At least I got somewhere on this. Scraped the **** out of my shins.

Dips

+20x8/8 +5

Very nice. Was pretty hard.

Overall okay workout considering I havent had a heavy day in about a week and a half.

Week 15-3/23/12

Squat

210x5/5/5 +5

Squats are heavy. Since I changed my form they feel heavier but I should keep chugging along.

Standing Military Press

110x5/5/5 +5

Fuarrk this was hard, lets see what 115 ( where I stalled at) has in store for me next week.

Pendlay Rows

170x5/5/5 +5

Not super strict but still chugging along on these too. Not really sure if this is a good weight for my BW...anyone know?

Chins

+15x10/10 got all reps

Overall great workout. I rested in between sets a little longer and felt a difference. Can't wait for workout A tomorrow!

UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500)
    Strong pressing and chinning! GL with 115 and +20 next time!

Originally Posted by UngeneticAzn View Post
    Strong pressing and chinning! GL with 115 and +20 next time!
    Thanx brah! I WILL get 115 and +20

KarKeey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KarKeey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KarKeey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KarKeey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KarKeey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KarKeey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KarKeey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KarKeey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KarKeey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Finally read it all! Your progress is going great man. I just started SS a week ago and hopefully i can progress as good. Sub'd!

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Francis333 View Post
    Thanx brah! I WILL get 115 and +20
    Goodluck.
    I hit a MAJOR stall at 115 for OHP.

If you feel like you can't progress on an exercise, start dropping sets if you have to.
    This definitely helped me with squats.

Nice workouts mang, when I stall ohp I go from 3x5 to 5x3 5lb higher, then 4x4, then 3x5, then start again with 5lb extra. You've got 70lb on my squat at the moment, this race will be hard lol
    I'm aware I'm a wolf

Originally Posted by KarKeey View Post
    Finally read it all! Your progress is going great man. I just started SS a week ago and hopefully i can progress as good. Sub'd!
    Thanks for taking the time to read it KarKeey! I am pretty happy with my progress, sometime Im going to go back and reread my earlier logs to get some motivation to see how far I have made it. Thanks for subbing and good luck with SS! I love the program.

Originally Posted by comps View Post
    Goodluck.
    I hit a MAJOR stall at 115 for OHP.

If you feel like you can't progress on an exercise, start dropping sets if you have to.
    This definitely helped me with squats.
    Yea this time I think I can break the plateau. By dropping sets do you mean only doing 2 sets? Thanks for tuning in Comps! Can't give you reps yet

Nice workouts mang, when I stall ohp I go from 3x5 to 5x3 5lb higher, then 4x4, then 3x5, then start again with 5lb extra. You've got 70lb on my squat at the moment, this race will be hard lol

Thanks brah! Alright I will try that 5x3 then 4x4 thing. Yes good luck on the race!

Week 16-3/26/12

Squat

215x5/5/5 +5

Bench Press

150x5/5/3 +5
    Deadlift

230x5 +5

Dips
    +20x10/10 +4 reps

Week 16-3/28/12

Squat

215x5/5/5 +0
    Didnt realize I got all reps last workout so I accidentally stayed at 215. Oh well.

Military Press

115x5/5/5 +5

FUARKK!!! Yes I have broken this plateau. Feels good. Had to get uber mad to do and it was a mad grinder but I finally got it. Thanks guys for the motivation on these. I need to get a form check soon so you guys can see the grinders Im going through on some of these exercises haha

Pendlay Rows

175x5/5/5 +5

Was pretty hard. Could feel it in the lats the next day for sure and the biceps. I widened grip and am sacrificing a little bit of form to get the weight up but it seems to be working as I’m having no problems with my chins and it feels/looks like my lats are getting bigger.

Chin Ups

+20x8/8 +5

Yes! Got these too  Don’t think I cheated too much.

Overall great workout as I got all my reps. Workout intensity has been great lately and I am waiting a little bit longer in between sets and it seems to be helping. Thanks for the motivation again guys

Week 16-3/30/12

Squat
    220x5/5/5 +5
    Once I pull out from under the bar my lower back is hurting a bit and is tight, but then after a few minutes its fine. Not sure if this is bad. But happy that I got all reps. My previous plateau was 225....lets go.
    Bench Press
    150x5/5/5 +0
    Sure I didn’t increase all weight but I broke another plateau. Haha now that I look at it my bench is pretty bad compared to my deadlift. But none the less I am getting closer and closer to bodyweight for reps.
    Deadlift
    235x5 +5
    Very nice. Still progressing very nicely with these deadlifts. My shins keep bleeding from them, so note to self put pants on brah.
    Dips
    +25x8/8 +5
    Yes! I remember when I couldn’t even do 5 of these things. I wonder what my max dips are? What do you guys think would be a good number for max dips?

Overall great workout. I only got 5-6 hours of sleep so this is pretty impressive. Gonna keep eating and gaining strength. I will post some progress pictures below.