Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Filling out a tall frame...

Hey guys!
    I am planning on competing as a bodybuilder in a few years, just obviously in some local shows to start. But I am just a tad worried about my height and how it will effect my appearance. I am sorry, I do not mean to complain about my body or anything like that.
    Currently I am 6' 2" or so (and still growing), and about 170, at a fairly low bodyfat level. I know, that is pretty small, but I am still gaining fast, and since I am still only 17 I will probably fill out, just anyway because it is that time of my life. PLUS the fact that I am working out hard and eating right.
    I am only a tad worried that since I am quite tall, even in my prime (whatever that may look like) I will look a lot less impressive due to the fact that I will be taller than much of the other competitors. Therefore I will look smaller.
    From what I have seen, at most local shows I have watched, most competitors are probably around 5' 7" - 5' 11".
    So I was wondering if anyone here has to work with a tall frame. and if so, do you notice any striking differences in appearance compared to those who are shorter?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry if I am coming off completely ignorant. I am just curious.

SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have pretty much the same frame, and the same problem. Focus on your outer shoulders, lats and the wide part of your pec major if you want to look as wide as possible.

Genetics is a bitch
    Last edited by SoMuchBigger; 12-11-2011 at 04:11 PM.

JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJoohhnn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, you will have to work longer to fill out a larger frame, and you probably won't be able to compete at a high level anytime soon. But people with larger frames have a lot more potential for overall strength and mass gains. Bodybuilding is extremely slow, just work hard and keep your motivation levels high.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SoMuchBigger View Post
    I have pretty much the same frame, and the same problem. Focus on your outer shoulders, lats and the wide part of your chest if you want to look as wide as possible.
    This is a valid suggestion, however, you should work out every muscle evenly.

SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoMuchBigger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    This is a valid suggestion, however, you should work out every muscle evenly.
    I disagree if you're advanced and you have areas that are lagging behind, or you're unsymmetrical. If your aim is to look your best, then sometimes you need to train certain muscle groups more to catch up.

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cycle.

also blast your chest and back 2-3x a week
    PM me for workout advice Ladies
    * Conservative Crew *
    ❤King Brady Bearer of the 6 Rings Crew❤
    BvB
    *Bigger chest than female miscers Crew*
    *Team Putin*

m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I disagree if you're advanced and you have areas that are lagging behind, or you're unsymmetrical. If your aim is to look your best, then sometimes you need to train certain muscle groups more to catch up.
    you arent advanced at 16..unless you've been training since 10

Originally Posted by m4ttarama View Post
    you arent advanced at 16..unless you've been training since 10
    So that means what I said was wrong? Coz it had nothing to do with me, but if you want to get into people's interpretation of words forget the word advanced and let's just say 'training long enough to have put on size in some areas whereas other areas are lagging behind'.

Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sparkycool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So that means what I said was wrong? Coz it had nothing to do with me, but if you want to get into people's interpretation of words forget the word advanced and let's just say 'training long enough to have put on size in some areas whereas other areas are lagging behind'.
    I know exactly where you are coming from man. As Arnold called it, the "Priority Principle" perhaps you can increase sets, or work them twice a week on muscles that are LAGGING. Only until they catch up. Exactly like you said.

Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm 6'5" 175 with a fast metabolism. I lost 4 pounds this week because I felt sick and my calories dropped to 2000 a day. How the **** do I gain 4 pounds in a month and lose it in a week. I know with a taller frame it takes a lot more weight to fill out but it will look good when its done.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat, lift, ****, sleep.

The same as anyone else of any other height.

6'2" is fine.

I have pretty much the same frame, and the same problem. Focus on your outer shoulders, lats and the wide part of your chest if you want to look as wide as possible.

Genetics is a bitch
    Please PLEASE tell me what the **** the wide part of your chest is.

Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    Eat, lift, ****, sleep.

The same as anyone else of any other height.

6'2" is fine.

Please PLEASE tell me what the **** the wide part of your chest is.
    The part you work more when doing flys, power grip presses, wide pushups etc.
    Also the part you work within the first half of the range of motion doing most chest exercises eg. doing flys only to halfway.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The part you work more when doing flys, power grip presses, wide pushups etc.
    Also the part you work within the first half of the range of motion doing most chest exercises eg. doing flys only to halfway.
    Uh huh.

Would you like to demonstrate that on an anatomy chart? The er, 'wide' part of the chest, that is, and would you care to explain why those exercises specifically target the non-existent 'wide' part of the chest?

Or would you prefer to just keep talking complete crap?

Uh huh.

Would you like to demonstrate that on an anatomy chart? The er, 'wide' part of the chest, that is, and would you care to explain why those exercises specifically target the non-existent 'wide' part of the chest?

Or would you prefer to just keep talking complete crap?
    No I wouldn't because it's common sense that different actions work different areas. Maybe your body is different for some reason but I know how mine works, leave it at that.

No I wouldn't because it's common sense that different actions work different areas. Maybe your body is different for some reason but I know how mine works, leave it at that.
    Common sense?

Common sense doesn't mean you can magically create new muscle groups just because you think you 'feel' it more in one area then in another.

My body is different? No. Like I said, go check an anatomy chart, both of our bodies are remarkably similar.

While you're looking at the anatomy chart, please locate the 'wide' part of the chest.

Don't post until you've actually got something worthwhile to post.

Common sense?

Common sense doesn't mean you can magically create new muscle groups just because you think you 'feel' it more in one area then in another.

My body is different? No. Like I said, go check an anatomy chart, both of our bodies are remarkably similar.

While you're looking at the anatomy chart, please locate the 'wide' part of the chest.

If you look at an anatomy chart you would see that the pec major connects all the way to the upper arm/shoulder area at it's widest point. Are you disagreeing with this or..? I think your original question was what I meant when I said 'wide' part of your chest, well that's what I meant. Not really sure why you're making an effort to be a smartass mate?

Common sense?

I dont think he means that there is an actual WIDE PART OF THE CHEST muscle group. He is just referring to the fact that your chest can get widened from flye motions.

If you look at an anatomy chart you would see that the pec major connects all the way to the upper arm/shoulder area at it's widest point. Are you disagreeing with this or..? I think your original question was what I meant when I said 'wide' part of your chest, well that's what I meant. Not really sure why you're making an effort to be a smartass mate?
    I'm not being a smartass, I've seen a fair few of your posts and they are mostly bullshit.

Creatine can hurt your liver and kidneys? No, and dismissed by science a long time ago.

Benchpress is 'simple' yet you don't even touch your chest or have a clue how to benchpress? Lol.

Working out can stunt your growth? No.

As for this particular topic, do any of those exercises you listed have the ability to expand your skeletal structure?

Originally Posted by Sparkycool View Post
    I dont think he means that there is an actual WIDE PART OF THE CHEST muscle group. He is just referring to the fact that your chest can get widened from flye motions.
    So you are capable of increasing your skeletal frame by doing dumbbell flyes? Interesting.

I'm not being a smartass, I've seen a fair few of your posts and they are mostly bullshit.

Creatine can hurt your liver and kidneys? No, and dismissed by science a long time ago.

Benchpress is 'simple' yet you don't even touch your chest or have a clue how to benchpress? Lol.

As for this particular topic, do any of those exercises you listed have the ability to expand your skeletal structure?

So you are capable of increasing your skeletal frame by doing dumbbell flyes? Interesting.
    Where did I say creatine can hurt your liver? Excess creatinine can hurt your liver/kidneys, not creatine.

Where do you get the idea that I don't touch my chest or don't perform a press right? Like honestly.. ? Have you seen me train? Have you seen me actually explain how to perform any exercise from start to finish? lol no mate

Whether it's possible that intense weightlifting done wrong can stunt somebody's growth is debateable I don't see why you would make an issue out of it. If I truly believed it was a problem I wouldn't be training.

Skeletal structure? lol now you're just going too far...

Where did I say creatine can hurt your liver? Creatinine can hurt your liver/kidneys, not creatine.

Where do you get the idea that you don't touch your chest? Like honestly.. ?

Whether it's possible that intense weightlifting done wrong can stunt somebody's growth is debateable I don't see why you would make an issue out of it. If I truly believed it was a problem I wouldn't be training.

Skeletal structure? lol now you're just going too far...
    Do not stay on creatine forever. It can hurt your liver and kidneys due to excess creatinine (waste product of creatine).
    'It' refers to the previous noun, the previous noun is creatine.

Where do I get the idea you don't touch your chest? Because that's what you posted.

And most people don't go low enough (myself included most of the time)
    You described the bench press as 'simple', yet you don't touch your chest. So do you arch your back? Keep your shoulder blades pulled back? Elbows in at the bottom? Tight legs?

Unless you can widen your skeletal structure, you can't 'widen' your chest.

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh boy.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bruno93 View Post
    Oh boy.
    y u no log

m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Therickz View Post
    y u no log
    He doesn't lift

'It' refers to the previous noun, the previous noun is creatine.

Where do I get the idea you don't touch your chest? Because that's what you posted.

You said yourself you don't touch your chest.

Unless you can widen your skeletal structure, you can't 'widen' your chest.
    LOL Really? You're really picking on my grammer? wow...

Um the fact that I said I don't go low enough shows that I actually do know correct technique but I admit I have a bad habit at times.

You have issues with words dude just because one thing I say might not have correct grammer or be 100% correctly worded doesn't mean a normal person doesn't get the point.

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Therickz View Post
    y u no log
    Originally Posted by m4ttarama View Post
    He doesn't lift
    ^^ this.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bruno93 View Post
    ^^ this.
    why not

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Um the fact that I said I don't go low enough shows that I actually do know correct technique but I admit I have a bad habit at times.

You have issues with words dude just because one thing I say might not have correct grammer or be 100% correctly worded doesn't mean a normal person doesn't get the point.
    Please stop.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Buddy, first of all, don't get lippy with me. I am not getting angry and insulting you. I am just defending what SoMuchBigger was saying. Don't patronize me and start mocking what I am saying. But TO MY KNOWLEDGE you can widen your chest MUSCLE, NOT YOU FREAKING RIBCAGE, from doing flyes. Or at least make it appear wider by giving it more of a full overall look.

If I am wrong, forgive me. But than seems to be a pretty widely understood principle.

You come out saying there is no way I can know whether you perform an exercise correctly, when you posted that you don't perform it correctly a few days ago. If you don't touch your chest, you have no ****ing clue how to benchpress properly and the fact that you said the form is 'simple' is just proof of that.

You said not to stay on creatine for a long time because of danger to your liver and kidneys. Do you want to provide some scientific evidence to support that, or is it just more of your 'opinion'? Don't worry, I'll save you the effort.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12500988

'Therefore, it appears that oral supplementation with CrM has no long-term detrimental effects on kidney or liver functions in highly trained college athletes in the absence of other nutritional supplements.'

As for this thread, talking about targeting the 'wide' part of your chest is just complete crap. A muscle can grow, that's all. Doing wide pushups will not do anything for 'widening' your chest. I have no idea where you get your information from but like I said, stop posting until you actually know enough to make decent contributions.

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ITT: SoMuchBigger gets his ******* ripped apart
    PM me for workout advice Ladies
    * Conservative Crew *
    ❤King Brady Bearer of the 6 Rings Crew❤
    BvB
    *Bigger chest than female miscers Crew*
    *Team Putin*