flab2dangRus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NC NPC Competition Help!

Wow, what a journey so far! Thank you to everyone for the support thus far! You guys are awesome!

I am considering taking my journey to the next level by setting a new goal to enter a figure and bikini competition here in North Carolina. I was looking at the North Carolina NPC official website and noticed a couple of upcoming competitions in 2012. I would love the enter the one in June however, really do not know the first thing about competing. This would be my first go of it. So, I was wondering if there was anyone here at bb.com that could help me out. I would need to know everything, so information is limitless. I do have a trainer but I don't believe a qualified trainer for this type of competition so I am basically going to try this on my own I think. I would need to know about diet, training, supplements, what to bring, what to expect, where my body needs to be to be competitive, what to wear, how to do everything, etc. So any information would be really appreciated. This would be an extremely big step for me, so..... I am nervous just typing about it lol! I am really excited, nervous, scared and certain yet uncertain. Does that make sence? I know I probably sound silly, sorry.

In the meantime, I am going to continue to train hard. I did an awesome leg workout today and felt like a million bucks afterwards! I will also keep working on the diet-that is probably my biggest challenge, as it is for everyone I am sure!

So, honestly.....what do you guys think? Is it something I can do. Hell, I don't even know if I have the right body type. I can't wait to hear from everyone that is willing and able to help. In advance, I want to thank you for all of your support! TTYL!

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How long have you been lifting for? You'll find that it takes a few good years of lifting and conditioning to build the muscle base you need for figure. I've seen a lot of girls think they're ready for figure and once they start cutting they realize they don't have the amount of muscle they believed they had. Since you said either figure or bikini I would begin cutting and evaluate where you are to see what type of competition to enter.

And it will be REALLY helpful to find someone, a competitor or trainer, who's done this before to help guide you and evaluate you through this process. I'm getting lots of pointers and also ripped apart on my physique in terms of where I stand for figure potential, it has been humbling.

And it does make sense to start competing, some of us need a more finite goal. Like I mentioned above, the road to your first competition could take 12 weeks or it could take 3 years, it all depends on where you're starting from, but we've all got to start somewhere so GO FOR IT!

So throw out some more info about your history, stats, what your lifting program and diet look like and maybe the other knowledgeable ladies can help give you some pointers.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Of course you can do it. The first step is to take any doubt or apprehension you have and kick it out the window. It doesn't have a place in this process.

I train people for shows and am looking forward to a great year in 2012. I'll be doing the Charlotte Cup myself, and possibly Victory in the Valley (waiting for a date to be posted on that one still). Probably another show or two in the later part of the year. I'm in Asheville - PM me if you're interested in a little guidance. I do online training and program development as well.
    Online trainer and contest prep coach
    fivestarrphysique.com
    youtube.com/fivestarrfitness

flab2dangRus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    How long have you been lifting for? You'll find that it takes a few good years of lifting and conditioning to build the muscle base you need for figure. I've seen a lot of girls think they're ready for figure and once they start cutting they realize they don't have the amount of muscle they believed they had. Since you said either figure or bikini I would begin cutting and evaluate where you are to see what type of competition to enter.

And it will be REALLY helpful to find someone, a competitor or trainer, who's done this before to help guide you and evaluate you through this process. I'm getting lots of pointers and also ripped apart on my physique in terms of where I stand for figure potential, it has been humbling.

And it does make sense to start competing, some of us need a more finite goal. Like I mentioned above, the road to your first competition could take 12 weeks or it could take 3 years, it all depends on where you're starting from, but we've all got to start somewhere so GO FOR IT!

So throw out some more info about your history, stats, what your lifting program and diet look like and maybe the other knowledgeable ladies can help give you some pointers.
    I haven't been lifting for long and I know it definitely takes time. But I've got to start somewhere, right? Thank you so much for responding, I really appreciate it. So you say start cutting, how do you do that? If you can tell me or point me in the right direction I will definitely do it. I just need to know how.

Right now I am weight training and doing low impact cardio 5 days a week. Day 1) legs and abs, day 2) chest and tris, day 3)shoulders and abs, day 4) legs, and day 5) back, bis and abs. My cardio is usually on a treadmill at a 15% incline at about 3.2 mph for 45 minutes. Growing up, I have always been pretty fit; gymnastics, drill team, advid walker, in and out of the gym, etc. I just seem to fall to the waste side and really let myself go, became pretty depressed. My diet; well I need some help but I have been eating 6 times a day and I have cut carbs out after 3 pm, try to limit my sodium intake and watch the sugar (try not to eat any). But a plan I do not have. Overall I am very healthy and I take a multivitamin. Please let me know if you need anything else and I will be happy to supply the information for any and all the help I can get.

I was thinking about posting another forum to look for a trainer, even if it is online I think it would be very beneficial. Thank you and I look forward to your response. Have a fantastic weekend!

dino2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go For It!!! I think you need to set that goal out there and work for it. I would vote for you, but you already know that. Can't help you much on getting ready but I can and will cheer you on as much as you need. So do it for you.

Originally Posted by flab2dangRus View Post
    Wow, what a journey so far! Thank you to everyone for the support thus far! You guys are awesome!

I am considering taking my journey to the next level by setting a new goal to enter a figure and bikini competition here in North Carolina. I was looking at the North Carolina NPC official website and noticed a couple of upcoming competitions in 2012. I would love the enter the one in June however, really do not know the first thing about competing. This would be my first go of it. So, I was wondering if there was anyone here at bb.com that could help me out. I would need to know everything, so information is limitless. I do have a trainer but I don't believe a qualified trainer for this type of competition so I am basically going to try this on my own I think. I would need to know about diet, training, supplements, what to bring, what to expect, where my body needs to be to be competitive, what to wear, how to do everything, etc. So any information would be really appreciated. This would be an extremely big step for me, so..... I am nervous just typing about it lol! I am really excited, nervous, scared and certain yet uncertain. Does that make sence? I know I probably sound silly, sorry.

In the meantime, I am going to continue to train hard. I did an awesome leg workout today and felt like a million bucks afterwards! I will also keep working on the diet-that is probably my biggest challenge, as it is for everyone I am sure!

So, honestly.....what do you guys think? Is it something I can do. Hell, I don't even know if I have the right body type. I can't wait to hear from everyone that is willing and able to help. In advance, I want to thank you for all of your support! TTYL!

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am FAR from the most experienced in this, but I'll be honest and say doing a competition in June 2012 is pretty ambitious if you haven't been lifting for very long. I'm looking at competing in 2012 also but not until late summer at the earliest. I've been lifting for years, not necessarily correctly but enough where I have a decent enough base but I was thinking April and spoke to a trainer who told me I'd literally have to kill myself to be competitive. So I figured better to wait and give myself more time to build. You need a fair amount of muscle for figure and you dont want to cut too fast or you'll lose a lot of the muscle you worked so hard for. The stage isn't going anywhere. My feeling is you don't want to get up there and be underprepared, so make sure you do some research, find out where you are compared to where you need to be and THEN pick a time to shoot for. Just my two cents
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE