Thread: pistol squats

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

pistol squats

How many of ya'll can do at least one pistol squat? And how did you achieve this?

The exercise has absolutely nothing to do with my current program, it just boggles my mind that I can't do one. I'm not an inflexible or weak person (or so I like to think ) but I cannot do one of these without falling on my a$$.

Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't do them either. It would be good to work towards doing one. I just don't seem flexible enough to get past a certain point...

It would have to be a nice controlled squat thats for sure. Something I feel as though I have to work towards now lol!

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to do them, but my ankle flexibility is lacking so unless I have my arms stretched out in front with a weight (even 5lbs makes a difference), I just fall back onto my butt.

Gonna try them on a Smith this week, lol, we'll see how that goes.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's not weakness or inflexibility for me, I don't think, it's incoordination. Anything that involves balancing on one leg, whether in weight training or yoga, I suck at badly even with practice.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was just trying them out yesterday! I think I might have to try them standing on something so my sticking-out leg can hang down a bit, I can't seem to hold my leg out straight enough so that I can get down far enough without it touching the ground first. So I can do half-pistols, LOL.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you haven't already watched it, there is a good three part tutorial called "How to Improve your Pistol" by Franz Snideman.

Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBwwREw4ijs

Part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZd_Fj8am0o

Part 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TPPXIE75F4

(You can watch all three at Bret Contreras' site at the post How to Do Pistols.)

Steve Cotter wrote a pistol squat troubleshooting article back in 2003 that appears on this site as "The Absolute Best Way to Improve Your Leg Strength & Power For All Sports!" (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/legpower.htm), but can be found elsewhere under "Pistol Power: Mastering the One-Legged Squat". I like this one because it includes drills and methods to assess the single-leg squat so you can develop corrective exercises to further improve them.

Me: Still doing drills and working on mobility, also have to use a counter-balance. Finding progressive box squats are helping me to not use momentum to push past weak points.
    Hums the theme to Superman during planks and LYTPs. Now that you've read this, you will too.

All right boys, now watch how this is done. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.
    Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.
    -- Peter Griffin

Go down the line:
    http://www.greatergood.com

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can do them. They are bloody hard. I do a lot of kettlebell work as well so that's where I picked it up, it's not so common in weight lifting/BB but I have a few Oly lifting books that recommend it too

didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can do them. I still fall over sometimes or if I'm having an off day they go to complete crap and I can't do any. I assume it came from a combination of ballet, kettlebell work and that BodyRockTV chick's workouts. I used those more when my work schedule made regular gym visits much harder. I started out having to hold on to things and little by little developed the balance/strength to do them without.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used a smith machine when I started learning the pistol squat. I set the bar at about shoulder height, and used the bar to help pull me up (assisted pistol squat). Just something else you can add if your looking to do a PS.

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm so pissed at pistol squats that I don't even try to do them anymore. lol! I hate to be one of those people who use their medical conditions as excuses (esp knees) but one of my knees has a bunch of inflammatory issues and they always seem to flare when I attempt pistols. Knowing what I know, I can't blame the exercise and have to think it is because I am not pistol squatting with proper form. Looking from the side, my knee juts out waaay over my toe (right before I crash to the ground). But I can't keep good form when I am literally falling on my a** at every attempt and getting madder with each fall. I can squat plenty of weight, my 'standard' lifts are good, so you know what you can't be good at everything. F*$* Pistol squats. haha
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LakareroCaf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Dot Compliant Drug Policy

arrityslora, cheaplorazepampharmacy com/ - buy cheap ****** online These may include but are not limited to: drowsiness, irritability, lack of motivation, loss of libido, dizziness, loss of balance, loss of coordination, and aggression among many others cheaplorazepampharmacy com/]order ****** online