Elaken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any good websites that lay out meal plans for you?

I have realized what is probably going to work out best for me is to just have something that tells me essentially what to eat for a week. Or gives 3-4 options/recipe per meal.

I got the New Rules Of Weight Lifting for Women but I was looking at their eating plan and there seems to be almost no fruits at all. Which isn't something I am okay with. I guess I could just add them in and take something else out. I have read the stickied threads and the ones talking about nutrition down to the very basics levels but I am not even remotely ready for that yet. I would just love to be told what to eat with a diet that includes 2-3 servings of fruit and 3-4 of vegetables. So I am pretty much asking for someone to have done all the work for me. *grin* Any suggestions?

CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You may delay, but time will not - Ben Franklin

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    really, the best way is just to use the new rules or the calculation in the sticky and figure out your cals and macro's and fill it w/ foods you want. that you enjoy. and that correspond to your lifestyle. better to learn it and eat what you want than to have a prgm spit something out, which you already saw you didn't like.

Elaken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am just being realistic about what I am know I am capable of pulling off at this point. I hope to get to that point but while starting out I think I would fall off quickly. For someone who has never done anything going to that extent seems a tad overwhelming. I will do the eating program in the book, if need, I was just hoping there might be other easily accessible resources out there.

But I appreciate your feedback and you are probably right. Maybe I should try and do half-and-half until I get the hang of things.

tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would check out Sparkspeople.com as they will design meal plans for you. It will be based on your height, weight loss goals and workout goals. The food plan will break it down to how many protiens how many carbs and how many fats you can have in a day. It will tell you how many calories you can eat in a day to loose weight. I would think that starting there would help you. You will also find a freindly community of people to support you. Good luck.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tacdgb View Post
    I would check out Sparkspeople.com as they will design meal plans for you. It will be based on your height, weight loss goals and workout goals. The food plan will break it down to how many protiens how many carbs and how many fats you can have in a day. It will tell you how many calories you can eat in a day to loose weight. I would think that starting there would help you. You will also find a freindly community of people to support you. Good luck.
    don't trust those sites for cal and macro goals or maintenance or for cals burned thru various workouts. use the calculations in new rules or the sticky and then have a pre-designed meal plan based on those specifications, if that's what you want. they're just so false in the numbers they provide. you can use livestrong or any of those sites for ideas, to find nutritional info for foods, to record and track everything... it's really worth going that route or using the new rules, a known-to-be-good prgm.