Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 67fastback View Post
    Thanks for all the responses, guys.

I never even ate eggs, before 3 months ago (hated them)
    Ever since I lost a lot of weight, my stomach has shrunken quite a bit ( a good thing) so I have trouble, when it comes to adding even more solid foods. I feel like an over-stuffed turkey.

It's worth exploring alternatives. Not sure yet, if egg whites are it, but maybe I'll try it.
    Something to keep in mind as far as consuming egg whites vs. the entire egg, is that about 40% of an egg's protein content is in the yolk, along with all the other good stuff to be obtained from eggs.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DinoBravo75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why would you ever want to eat raw eggs? cook them dude. or drink whey shake

Can I really do it? aLateStarter's Avatar
    aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Several years ago I worked with a guy who was into bodybuilding, but he would have 3 eggs everyday in his lunch pack, but would always discard the yolks. If, as one of the above posts mentions is correct about how good yolks are, why do people choose to ditch them, and why do most meal plans mainly, if not totally contain egg whites only?
    I'm a born again body builder and this is my first week after about 4 years off, and I want to start getting my meals as best as possible, so can someone tell me the benefits of whites only, and whole eggs, and not raw!

Thanks
    If you want to do it, don't let other people tell you that you can't.

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by aLateStarter View Post
    If, as one of the above posts mentions is correct about how good yolks are, why do people choose to ditch them
    Because they are uninformed.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm a whole egg eater.

Question.
    What do they do with the yolks from the egg white sellers?
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    I'm a whole egg eater.

Question.
    What do they do with the yolks from the egg white sellers?
    Probably sell them to various food companies. I doubt they throw anything away. They probably have a use for the shells too.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Probably sell them to various food companies. I doubt they throw anything away. They probably have a use for the shells too.
    they do, correct, and they do.

they waste nothing of the eggs

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Several years ago I worked with a guy who was into bodybuilding, but he would have 3 eggs everyday in his lunch pack, but would always discard the yolks. If, as one of the above posts mentions is correct about how good yolks are, why do people choose to ditch them, and why do most meal plans mainly, if not totally contain egg whites only?
    I'm a born again body builder and this is my first week after about 4 years off, and I want to start getting my meals as best as possible, so can someone tell me the benefits of whites only, and whole eggs, and not raw!

Thanks

Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Because they are uninformed.
    ^^^^ This.

Since the yolk contains all the fat in an egg, some people think they need to avoid the fat and the calories that come with it. All of the cholesterol in the fat is, obviously, in the yolk, and many people incorrectly assume that if they eat dietary cholesterol that their level of blood cholesterol will increase. This isn't necessarily so, as current reasearch can't positively link the two.

As an aside, cholesterol is a basic raw material the body uses to manufacture hormones, one of which is testosterone.

Aside #2;
    I've seen many posts lately from trainees complaining that they're not making satisfactory progress (in mass/strength), many of whom also state that they're currently eating "high protein/low fat." The two factors are not a conincidence.

Dietary fat intake is not an option; it's an essential nutrient right along with protein. The body has no way of manufacturing either of these nutrients; they must come from dietary sources, and in adequate amount.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 12-10-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Can I really do it? aLateStarter's Avatar
    aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aLateStarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whole eggs for me then!

Thanks guys.

TM, your mailbox is full, wanted to reply but cant, so will say thanks here!
    If you want to do it, don't let other people tell you that you can't.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Whole eggs for me then!

Thanks guys.

TM, your mailbox is full, wanted to reply but cant, so will say thanks here!
    thanks man. looking for the thread now. i will clean that box out sooner or later - pita

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My trainer and I spoke about increasing the protien intake, last night. He said to try mixing the egg whites in a protein shake.

What I'm talking about, is the pre packaged pasturized store bought (uncooked) egg whites.

I don't use any protein shakes, anymore, but I thought I mioght give it a go.

After trying it, last night, I am thinking maybe for the younger crowd, this is okay, but for us old farts with more sensitive stomachs, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea?

Have you tried it? Thoughts?
    Disgusting .. why don't you just eat more food or add an extra scoop of whey powder LOL
    you can eat those eggs scrambled in the morning instead of drinking it

EDIT:
    Yolks and all
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 12-11-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000) FishChris is just really nice. (+1000)
    Even if raw egg whites were 100% safe (which almost no food ever is) They scramble so quick and easy.... throw on some McCormacks Smokehouse maple seasoning, and some sugar free syrup, and whooo hooo That's a breakfast ! (well, the protein portion, anyway)

Then I might have a protein shake later too. Never thought to include the eggs in my protein shake ? My shakes are already about 60-70 grams of protein from ON whey, a bananna, or some other fresh fruit, and about 10oz of Very Vanilla Silk (soy milk). I think my shakes are about 600 cals as they are....

Fish

sainiboy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thinkind to take

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sainiboy92 View Post
    thinkind to take
    Great 1st post and you even blew 2 years of dust off it.

go suck an egg. lol
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been putting egg whites or even whole eggs in my protein shakes for as long as I can remember. I heard a long time ago that there are several types of amino acids in eggs that get destroyed when you heat them up (cook them). Now I just buy the cartons of egg whites and dump some in to every protein shake. It's more "watered down" and mixes better.
    ----- There are 10 types of people in this world those who know binary and those who don't -----

The days you feel miserable, tired, sore, and unmotivated to train are the days you need to FORCE yourself to go! That's when you get the best workouts! Trust me!

...Keeping strong! HumblyMuscles's Avatar
    HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you this guy?

People asking questions lost in confusion, Well I tell them there's no problem,
    Only solutions... John Lennon

If the mind can conceive, the body can achieve.

My best genetic bodypart is my Mind...

++Positive Crew++

4th Dan Black Belt Taekwondo ( W.T.F. ) Former Instructor

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FloridaRock View Post
    I've been putting egg whites or even whole eggs in my protein shakes for as long as I can remember. I heard a long time ago that there are several types of amino acids in eggs that get destroyed when you heat them up (cook them). Now I just buy the cartons of egg whites and dump some in to every protein shake. It's more "watered down" and mixes better.
    You da man.

No friggin way could I do it. It's not the taste or consistency, it's the thought.

I ate a raw egg once on a bet for beer, it didn't stay long enough to release any protein, but I got my beer.

Years later I tried an oyster, soon as it hit my throat, I recalled the egg goin down and wasn't long before I burped that baby up too.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FloridaRock has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    You da man.

No friggin way could I do it. It's not the taste or consistency, it's the thought.

I ate a raw egg once on a bet for beer, it didn't stay long enough to release any protein, but I got my beer.

Years later I tried an oyster, soon as it hit my throat, I recalled the egg goin down and wasn't long before I burped that baby up too.
    You see, I love oysters, too. If they weren't so bad for the liver, I would eat them all day, every day! To each their own, right?
    ----- There are 10 types of people in this world those who know binary and those who don't -----

The days you feel miserable, tired, sore, and unmotivated to train are the days you need to FORCE yourself to go! That's when you get the best workouts! Trust me!

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cook slightly the eggs preferably certified organic open air raised and enhanced with omega 3
    increases seriously the digestibility of the protein and the heat will take care of risks (salmonella)
    2-3yolks for 6whites is a good ratio imho, if you want eggs everyday

http://cavemanforum.com/research/dig...y-stable-isot/
    It has already been reported extensively that food processing can influence protein digestibility both beneficially and detrimentally (Öste 1991). Egg white protein is generally considered to be less digestible than heat-pretreated egg white protein. However, no data are available concerning the magnitude of this impairment in vivo. In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white (Matthews 1990). Ovomucoid is quantitatively the most important trypsin inhibitor (Gilbert 1971, Kassell 1970). Ovomucoid, however, does not react with human trypsin and, moreover, is relatively heat stable (Kasell 1970). Whether other egg trypsin inhibitors (e.g., ovoinhibitor or papain inhibitor) interfere with the digestibility of unprocessed egg white protein is unknown.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Being that studies (which I'm too lazy to look up to link) have shown that whey is SLIGHTLY better for muscle growth, why bother drinking raw eggs and ruining a perfectly good shake?

I think this comes down to the macho factor since we watched Rockey as kids.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yuck

CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CFPeterson68 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tsoden View Post
    but the big question... how much protein can the body absorb in a sitting? I heard it was somewhere around 30-50 grams or something... Not sure where I heard that...
    I believe protein synthesis is an ongoing thing 24 hours a day? And typically goes on for like 4 hours from the time you ingest a meal with protein. That's why lifters generally eat every 3-4 hours, and spike amino acids between with BCAAs, just to keep levels maxed. The rule I follow is 1.2-1.5g per pound of bodyweight spread evenly throughout the day in like 5 meals. That does come out to be 30-50 grams per meal, btw. That's according to my understanding anyway.
    If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. -Bruce Lee

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GKC45 View Post
    yuck
    Yummmm, those raw eggs were deliscious!!

Said no one ever
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I drink 1 cup of egg whites every morning as part of my breakfast. I buy the packaged store type (Egglands Best) and really don't even taste it.
    The pain is short term. The benefits are long term.

Over 40 Transformation of the week:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-chuck-young-staged-a-comeback-at-49.html

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This forum is very egg conscious! I thought we were done with eggs after the 5 day diatribe about eating yolks!
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AAOBob View Post
    why bother drinking raw eggs and ruining a perfectly good shake?

I think this comes down to the macho factor since we watched Rockey as kids.
    I kinda hate contributing to an old thread bump, but I usually crack an egg or two into my protein shakes. Not the ones that I'm just shaking up with water or milk, but the blender shakes with berries and banana and ice, along with some mixed-berry-flavored whey powder. The eggs don't affect the taste or consistency one bit.

pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why ?????????? eat more bacon
    Follow me on twitter: @halconcr

Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what's you guys' experience with egg protein powder ? had some decade ago. but very irregularly.
    ON have some good one. good for lactose intolerant ones or change form our whey habits
    but I prefer one big egg slightly warmed up into my whey shake.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't use any protein shakes, anymore, but I thought I mioght give it a go.

After trying it, last night, I am thinking maybe for the younger crowd, this is okay, but for us old farts with more sensitive stomachs, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea?

Have you tried it? Thoughts?
    Sometimes when I am out of town and run out of protein, I use whole eggs, raw, for my post WO drink. It is somewhat acquired taste, after a while you will enjoy and even look forward to that taste. Of course there is salmonella risk, if not for that it would be my everyday drink. Also, I have heard about bio availability long time ago, and tried making my own "pasturized" whole egg cocktail, but it is somewhat too involved, one have to constantly stir the shake while it is being heated, and stop at milky white goo stage. Looks disgusting, like from horror movies, but taste great. Anyways, I am not doing this very often. Another option would be beating 4-6 eggs and stir in a shot of brandy. Supposedly this is some sort of layman's intra-venous protein infusion technique, with some kind of sterilization in a process, although I think there should be way more alcohol to completely safeguard from salmonella. As to sensitive stomachs, I think this is more of a sensitive personalities, out tummies can digest nails, rats and cockroaches.