Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Arkade View Post
    strong answer but again just an opinion like mine and everyone elses.
    Ideas supported by the weight of the scientific evidence procured through innumerable experiments are not on the same level as a totally unsupported "spirit pool" hypothesis. There is a difference which you don't seem to be grasping yet.

Registered User CoolStoryBrotha's Avatar
    CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolStoryBrotha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You already know what it's like, try to remember back to what i was like before you were born

It's basically that

mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SSJBrah View Post
    That's not a fact. My OPINION is our consciousness lives within our soul

It's 2011 CE. People like you (sub 100 IQ) need to accept truth. I feel sorry for you.

It's a fact. A soul doesn't exist.

If you want to prove me wrong, provide solid evidence through the correct scientific process.

Thank you.

SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by basement iron View Post
    If you poll the public asking them two questions...

What most likely happens to animals when they die?
    What most likely happens to people when they die?

You're going to get two very distinct different answers. The difference relies solely on human ego, fear, wishful thinking, and nothing more.

We are so quick to say the dead worm next to our foot ceases to exist anymore...but when it comes to our own mortality..."omg you tool no one knows what happens when we die!!"
    You're missing the point I was trying to make that people are free to have whatever opinion that they would like, but they have no right to impose that as a fact upon other people. That makes them look completely ignorant

muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000) muali is just really nice. (+1000)
    you go to heaven or hell depending on what you did on this earth

/thread

SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) SSJBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mementomorijdw View Post
    It's 2011 CE. People like you (sub 100 IQ) need to accept truth. I feel sorry for you.

If you want to prove me wrong, provide solid evidence through the correct scientific process.

Thank you.

142 IQ, come at me bro.

JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100) JosephPhi is not very well liked. (-100)
    that's your body

like the other guy said, this is about our "soul" or w/e.., not the body we live in
    just because you can give it a name doesn't mean it is a real entity. Ever wonder why there are no real sciences which recognize "soul" as anything? There is much of the world we will never know due to out limited perception. We do not see what is, we see what our biology can see. We see only the limited spectra our eyes can properly interpret and our brains can perceive/analyze. All species have a central goal of trying to evolve, survive and adapt. Every organ in our bodies have evolved to exploit this, so seeing the "answer" or whatever is impossible. We were built to survive, everything is is secondary/everything else is irrelevant.

Believe it or not, some species will even go so far as to kill themselves if they perceive that they are worthless. Evolution has finally gotten to the point where the useless will weed themselves out of the evolutionary chain! Most however see this as a bad thing.

cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000)

Thank you.
    This is the exact point i was trying to make earlier. Anatomy is the study of living things and im about 100% sure they have NEVER discovered a "soul" inside of ANY living thing. Yes, its science and someone on here will say science is only theories but, its theories based on evidence.

mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10) mementomorijdw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    142 IQ, come at me bro.
    I'm sure you can prove me wrong then. I'm waiting.

bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bradlehman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're missing the point I was trying to make that people are free to have whatever opinion that they would like, but they have no right to impose that as a fact upon other people. That makes them look completely ignorant
    Again, the idea that you rot and and your consciousness ceases to exist when you die isn't just a random opinion like the "spirit pool" story from the 1st page, it's what we know as observable reality. All the scientific evidence we have so far supports the idea that consciousness is a function of electrochemical reactions in the brain and that it stops when your brain dies.

Spiritual hypotheses are not on the same level until they can be supported by something more than imagination.

Also, anyone with a 142 IQ should be able to understand this by the third time I've said it and stop making the same pointless statements ad infinitum.

I'm sure you can prove me wrong then. I'm waiting.
    If there was scientific evidence that concluded either side of this argument, then this discussion would not be happening, but until you can disprove it, then both of us are the same amount correct as we are incorrect.

Originally Posted by cnoland View Post
    This is the exact point i was trying to make earlier. Anatomy is the study of living things and im about 100% sure they have NEVER discovered a "soul" inside of ANY living thing. Yes, its science and someone on here will say science is only theories but, its theories based on evidence.

Anyone who says science is "only theories" is very wrong, common misconception about the term "theory" in science -

"The word theory in the theory of evolution does not imply mainstream scientific doubt regarding its validity; the concepts of theory and hypothesis have specific meanings in a scientific context. While theory in colloquial usage may denote a hunch or conjecture, a scientific theory is a set of principles that explains observable phenomena in natural terms. [154][155] "Scientific fact and theory are not categorically separable", [156] and evolution is a theory in the same sense as germ theory, gravitation, or plate tectonics."

Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500)
    If there was scientific evidence that concluded either side of this argument, then this discussion would not be happening, but until you can disprove it, then both of us are the same amount correct as we are incorrect.

very true very very true

repped

Registered User AestheticGod941's Avatar
    AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000) AestheticGod941 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sun on ripened grain,
    ... I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft starlight at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die.

/thread

Can't post links yet. Wiki "human brain" and "Electroencephalography"

Ultra Cardio Bunny OdeToArsenal47's Avatar
    OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OdeToArsenal47 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When you die, your brain ceases to function, your nervous system shuts down and your body starts to shut off and decompose. When you're placed into the ground, your body is decomposed into the soil, grass grows from nutrient rich soil, cows graze on grass, man slaughters cow and eats beef. I guess that's a form of reincarnation in a morbid sense of the word.
    %%--Southern and Damn Proud Crew--%%
    Tennessee Titans-Nashville Predators-Memphis Grizzlies-Chicago Cubs-Arsenal FC
    Reps on Site: All Servicemen and Women

Originally Posted by bradlehman View Post
    Again, the idea that you rot and and your consciousness ceases to exist when you die isn't just a random opinion like the "spirit pool" story from the 1st page, it's what we know as observable reality. All the scientific evidence we have so far supports the idea that consciousness is a function of electrochemical reactions in the brain and that it stops when your brain dies.

Spiritual hypotheses are not on the same level until they can be supported by something more than imagination.

Also, anyone with a 142 IQ should be able to understand this by the third time I've said it and stop making the same pointless statements ad infinitum.
    I understand where you are coming from, and while that may be the explanation for consciousness, I believe that our consciousness is imprinted onto our souls, and that's what allows us to live on with full awareness.

From SSJBrah

cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000) cnoland is just really nice. (+1000)
    142 IQ, come at me bro.

with that IQ you should try some science. You would probably understand it and realize where you are going wrong.

Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your relatives fight over what you've left behind
    BELIEVE YOU CAN ACHIEVE AND YOU WILL; "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." (Proverbs 23:7)

Not even remotely true. Again, someone who claims an IQ of 142 should understand that just because you can state two mutually exclusive hypotheses, that doesn't mean that the probabilities of their validity are equal. All the scientific evidence suggests that consciousness is a function of electrochemical reactions in the brain. If those stop, then consciousness is nearly certain to stop as well. There is no reason thus far to put any stock in the idea that consciousness continues on indefinitely after the brain ceases to function.

trollz

Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500) Arkade is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by AestheticGod941 View Post
    Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sun on ripened grain,
    ... I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft starlight at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die.

/thread

read out loud and almost cried/10

I understand where you are coming from, and while that may be the explanation for consciousness, I believe that our consciousness is imprinted onto our souls, and that's what allows us to live on with full awareness.

From SSJBrah
    As long as you realize that your opinion is unsupported by any evidence and that it isn't just as likely to be true as the hypothesis that consciousness ceases when you die. I appreciate your candor and civility.

Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Margzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know what will happen to the rest of you, but I know that when the sands of time eventually claim by battle hardened soul, I will ascend to the fields of Folkvangr, where I will aid the Goddess Freyja in battle, and where I will make love to the heavenly blessed viking babes.

IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IVEverLow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by basement iron View Post
    If a wave crashes into me and I absorb that energy, does the wave exist forever? No.

I think many people misunderstand what it exactly means when we die and the energy that was once within us continues to exist.

It is basic middle school science that seems to be used for thoughts such as we continue on after we die because the energy continues on. When in reality that's not at all what is happening.

Again, all I'm saying is the law of conservation of energy seems to be poorly understood resulting in people thinking it means we exist after we die.
    The energy which creates a wave is responsible for an abundance of changes in the physical and observable world.

The movement of sand, gravel and sediment with longshore drift is known as deposition. This is just one type of deposition affecting the world’s coasts though, and have features formed entirely through this process. Depositional coastlines are found along areas with gentle relief and a lot of available sediment.

Coastal landforms caused by deposition include barrier spits, bay barriers, lagoons, tombolos and even beaches themselves. A barrier spit is a landform made up of material deposited in a long ridge extending away from the coast. These partially block the mouth of a bay, but if they continue to grow and cut off the bay from the ocean, it becomes a bay barrier. A lagoon is the water body that is cut off from the ocean by the barrier. A tombolo is the landform created when deposition connects the shoreline with islands or other features.

In addition to deposition, erosion also creates many of the coastal features found today. Some of these include cliffs, wave-cut platforms, sea caves and arches. Erosion can also act in removing sand and sediment from beaches, especially on those that have heavy wave action.

Please, if you are going to throw out senseless analogies to back your thoughts and opinions, make certain that they actually do back your thoughts and opinions.
    MMMC - Bernie Madoff

Anyone who says science is "only theories" is very wrong, common misconception about the term "theory" in science -

"The word theory in the theory of evolution does not imply mainstream scientific doubt regarding its validity; the concepts of theory and hypothesis have specific meanings in a scientific context. While theory in colloquial usage may denote a hunch or conjecture, a scientific theory is a set of principles that explains observable phenomena in natural terms. [154][155] "Scientific fact and theory are not categorically separable", [156] and evolution is a theory in the same sense as germ theory, gravitation, or plate tectonics."
    exactly..I hope you understand that was why I added this to the end of my post.

read out loud and almost cried/10
    Hopefully you understood the point of it and didn't get some sappy spiritual message instead.

slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimshaheed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When you die its like when you go to sleep but when you wake up you cant remember your dreams, only instead you never wake up brah

Originally Posted by cnoland View Post
    exactly..I hope you understand that was why I added this to the end of my post.
    Yeah, was just furthering the explanation for others

jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nothing happens after you die. fuk all. you cant even answer that question. you just cease to exist. you dont know you are dead because your brain and senses dont function.