YallaMaccabi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Paelo or Diet menu for reaching my goals. Need help please!

Hello
    Around 1.5 years ago I decided to take my weight and lifestyle under control and was dedicated to adapt this new lifestyle and make it work.
    so after i started to eat healthy and train with a trainer i started to feel much better, and around 6-8 months later i lost 16 kg, when 3 months out of those 8 was hardcore diet. I ate 1200 cal per day, which made me drop kgs like crazy but also made me lose alot of muscle.
    now I train 3 times a week, dont really keep track on what i eat and just keep a steady weight.

My goals now is to lose those kgs and body fat, and build muscle on the way...so this is why i plan on drinking whey protein shakes also.
    I started to read a bit on paelo diet, and Im not sure if thats the best way to accomplish my goals or by eating every 3 hours menu like i did before.
    I need you help and opinion because my knowledge in this area is not very high.

Thank you so much for the time and help

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're comparing apples to oranges right now... "paleo" style eating dictates certain food choices, meanwhile eating every 3 hours is a choice of eating frequency. You can do both at the same time (or neither ).

Honest though, at your stats, cutting seems to be the wrong way to go. You're not going to be building muscle in a deficit, so the have you cake and eat it too approach is not going to work. Rather, you need to start eating at a moderate surplus and lifting hard in the gym to build muscle. Your food choices are less important than meeting your minimum calorie and macronutrient requirements.

Good luck!

YallaMaccabi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all, Thanks for the replay!
    Second, Since I lack knowledge in thie field like I said, Im coming here to find awnsers so sorry for mixing things up!
    Im basicly looking for a good diet/menu to run with and take it from there, some say paelo is great for that, so some say a diet is better.
    I just want to hear opinions and help in how to do it and get the job done.

Thanks

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What matters is daily energy balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

Most everything else is simply a function of personal preference.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by YallaMaccabi View Post
    First of all, Thanks for the replay!
    Second, Since I lack knowledge in thie field like I said, Im coming here to find awnsers so sorry for mixing things up!
    Im basicly looking for a good diet/menu to run with and take it from there, some say paelo is great for that, so some say a diet is better.
    I just want to hear opinions and help in how to do it and get the job done.

Thanks
    Like I said, there's nothing magical about a "paleo" style of eating. People who do well on paleo usually happen to have food intolerances that match up with foods not allowed on paleo (lactose intolerance, gluten), or simply find it harder to overeat when restricted to basically meat, fruits, veggies, and nuts.

Honestly, it makes more sense to figure out your calorie and macronutrient minimums (see the link I posted above) and meet these with foods you enjoy without regard to some mystery list complied by the latest fitness "gurus".