pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Diabetes type 1. PLS HELP ME TO HELP MY MOM.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I want to help my mom lose weight, but she has diabetes type 1 (she can't produce her own insulin, and must inject insulin in her body). I've read over internet that it's incurable. I want to help her lose weight and become healthier.. But I have no idea, since she can't go through the training and diet that I am doing..

Anybody have experience in this? or can help me?

Thanks
    Jan 1st '10 : 265lbs
    Feb 21st '10 : 240lbs
    Mar 28th '10 : 228lbs
    Aug 23rd '10 : 208lbs (COME ON, I WANT BELOW 200 ASAP)!!!!
    April 28th '11 : 213lbs
    Feb 18th' 13: 225lbs (starting 12 week kris gethin hardcore)

Life is screwed last couple of years. Now starting again:
    May 28, 2014: 230lbs
    Sept 28, 2014: 227lbs

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:
    01 Jan 2015: 218lbs
    07 Sep 2017: 193lbs

I rep back!!

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pauskocak View Post
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I want to help my mom lose weight, but she has diabetes type 1 (she can't produce her own insulin, and must inject insulin in her body). I've read over internet that it's incurable. I want to help her lose weight and become healthier.. But I have no idea, since she can't go through the training and diet that I am doing..

Anybody have experience in this? or can help me?

Thanks

Doctor and certified nutritionist. Really is your best (and safest) option.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    A person with Type 1 diabetes loses weight exactly like anyone else. Don't let people who are trying to sell you something fool you.
    Hi.. I am not trying to buy anything, but I am afraid, because she can't produce her own insulin, we know lack of insulin in body can causes a serious problem , fainting, etc. I am afraid she fainted during exercise...

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:

I rep back!!

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Doctor and certified nutritionist. Really is your best (and safest) option.
    Yes, I tried... but she doesn't have the motivation to get healthier.. She said "Well, I got diabetes, that's why I'm fat."..

I am trying to get her to the gym with me and train with me so she can have the lil motivation boost.. But I need to know the danger of this.. .. btw she's 50.

And I also know that she can't use any protein shake or anything like that (because it's sweet, a lot of sugar/artificial sweetener)..

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:

I rep back!!

Chavesnesh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best thing you could ever do is make sure you see her every day and go out side for a walk. Start her off at 10 mins. Use the time to talk and maybe find out why she thinks it's hopeless that she's overweight. Slowly work your way up to 20 mins. Then 30, and so on. At 50 and overweight, you will just have to be persistent, and patient.

But most of all you need to get some learning on diabetes.
    GSD = Generic Suburban Dad

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes, I tried... but she doesn't have the motivation to get healthier.. She said "Well, I got diabetes, that's why I'm fat."..

Until she is ready, there is nothing you can do. Sorry.

Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is her problem right her, it has nothing to do with her being diabetic. Im a type 1 diabetic also and i do all the same lifts and follow a healthy diet just like everyone else. The more you exercise and watch your diet the less insulin and better A1C levels she will have. Being diabetic make diet and exercise even more important, do what was suggested, start he with small things like going for a walk and work your way up from there.

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nothing you can do about that. You can't make her want it. It comes from within.

TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrollCrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Madbrad70 View Post
    This is her problem right her, it has nothing to do with her being diabetic. Im a type 1 diabetic also and i do all the same lifts and follow a healthy diet just like everyone else. The more you exercise and watch your diet the less insulin and better A1C levels she will have. Being diabetic make diet and exercise even more important, do what was suggested, start he with small things like going for a walk and work your way up from there.
    Type 1 here as well & actually before i went to gym,i decided to loose fat (to get sixpack for 20th birthday,kind of succeeded with a 4pack) for a year.. The fact that we have to eat regularly is for our advantage.. well... we used to but now with the short-lenght insulines,we pretty much can pop it when ever we eat but that's besides the point..

Is she fat as in obese or fat as just overweight.People here recommend walking daily, which is good - to get a feel for the rythm of "working out".
    What are her bloodsugar levels? A1c for a diabetic should be near 6-6.5.. and excersising regularly helps to achieve that.

Im on a bulk right now,so i have actually increased the short-term insuline levels that i inject, though the baseinsuline has stayed the same.

edit: About the proteine powder, only real reason why one should not take is,if the person has liver complications or is in great risk of one. The fact that powder is consumed quicker puts liver under stress & if your bloodsugarlevels are not good,then you'll do more harm than good.

Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Diet will help. Look into herbs that help with insulin levels. Maca is one.
    BELIEVE YOU CAN ACHIEVE AND YOU WILL; "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." (Proverbs 23:7)

Originally Posted by Jayos View Post
    Diet will help. Look into herbs that help with insulin levels. Maca is one.

Get a doctors advice first. Herbs are fine for some things, Type 1 diabetes is not to be toyed with.

PabloBigasso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Big sympathy, FWIW, and respect for trying to help out

As others have said

Professional medical advice first and foremost
    There's no reason why she can't be fit and active

Also

She has the fat/diabetes causal relationship a bit back to front
    There's evidence that green tea (probably white and yellow too, but not black, oolong or puerh) can not only reduce likelihood/delay onset of T1 diabetes but also delay its progression. Some of it is also really delicious so can work as a psychological reward (it helped replace smoking and alcohol in my life, perhaps it can do the same for your mum where bad food is concerned). Maybe get her some for Christmas and see how she takes to it? Check with your doctor first though.

Take care and good luck

jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Echoing what everyone else said so far.

Definitely see an endocrinologist, and a nutritionist would probably help in this case. Generally, the less you weigh, the less insulin you have to inject (barring insulin resistance), but being diabetic is not the reason for being 'fat'. Like anything else, it's all about choices you make. Eat right and exercise, diabetes becomes easier to manage. Not easy, but not much is

lexolux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, this is my first post here - Just compelled to reply. NOW is the time to help her understand that it's critical she take this seriously and lose weight.

My mother was facing the same situation 10 or so years ago and did not take it seriously. All the excuses you could imagine, and now we are all dealing with the outcome and arguing about what to do with her.

She is legally blind, and grossly over-weight. Now she is 76 and randomly falling due to her stomach- We are looking for assisted living even though she is mentally fine, just can't take care of herself and it's all due to entering into old age obese with Type 1 Diabetes.

Not to lay a sob story on you, but this is not a joke, and its 100% (well 87%) FIXABLE!

Hi, thanks everybody for the reply..
    Originally Posted by TrollCrew View Post
    Type 1 here as well & actually before i went to gym,i decided to loose fat (to get sixpack for 20th birthday,kind of succeeded with a 4pack) for a year.. The fact that we have to eat regularly is for our advantage.. well... we used to but now with the short-lenght insulines,we pretty much can pop it when ever we eat but that's besides the point..

Is she fat as in obese or fat as just overweight.People here recommend walking daily, which is good - to get a feel for the rythm of "working out".
    What are her bloodsugar levels? A1c for a diabetic should be near 6-6.5.. and excersising regularly helps to achieve that.

Im on a bulk right now,so i have actually increased the short-term insuline levels that i inject, though the baseinsuline has stayed the same.

edit: About the proteine powder, only real reason why one should not take is,if the person has liver complications or is in great risk of one. The fact that powder is consumed quicker puts liver under stress & if your bloodsugarlevels are not good,then you'll do more harm than good.

She's not obese, She's fat but inside her body has a lot of muscle. I want to ask, do you ever face a problem during exercise? Is there any "hint" on your body when u over-exercise? I am just scared that she fainted.. Because sometimes, she said "I feel dizzy", that's when she's working (she has desk job).

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:

I rep back!!

Originally Posted by lexolux View Post
    So, this is my first post here - Just compelled to reply. NOW is the time to help her understand that it's critical she take this seriously and lose weight.

My mother was facing the same situation 10 or so years ago and did not take it seriously. All the excuses you could imagine, and now we are all dealing with the outcome and arguing about what to do with her.

She is legally blind, and grossly over-weight. Now she is 76 and randomly falling due to her stomach- We are looking for assisted living even though she is mentally fine, just can't take care of herself and it's all due to entering into old age obese with Type 1 Diabetes.

Not to lay a sob story on you, but this is not a joke, and its 100% (well 87%) FIXABLE!
    Hi, thanks for the reply.. and wow, I am sorry to hear about your mother, I certainly don't want my mother to go blind.. Yes, I want to help her..

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:

I rep back!!

Originally Posted by PabloBigasso View Post
    Big sympathy, FWIW, and respect for trying to help out

As others have said

Professional medical advice first and foremost
    There's no reason why she can't be fit and active

Also

She has the fat/diabetes causal relationship a bit back to front
    There's evidence that green tea (probably white and yellow too, but not black, oolong or puerh) can not only reduce likelihood/delay onset of T1 diabetes but also delay its progression. Some of it is also really delicious so can work as a psychological reward (it helped replace smoking and alcohol in my life, perhaps it can do the same for your mum where bad food is concerned). Maybe get her some for Christmas and see how she takes to it? Check with your doctor first though.

Take care and good luck
    Yes, my mother drinks a lot of tea, we came from a very traditional chinese family.. She probably drink more tea than water..

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:

I rep back!!

Originally Posted by Madbrad70 View Post
    Hi, can you quote me how your diet looks like? Is it okay for her to drink "sweet" protein shake?

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:

I rep back!!

And I also want to ask the long term effect, Is Diabetes I the one who causes blindness? or Diabetes + obesity?

If she has Diabetes I and she starts to workout and eat healthy, can she prevent the blindness?

Sorry for my english

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:

I rep back!!

jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jamacdon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And I also want to ask the long term effect, Is Diabetes I the one who causes blindness? or Diabetes + obesity?

If she has Diabetes I and she starts to workout and eat healthy, can she prevent the blindness?

Sorry for my english
    Both Type 1 & 2 can cause those. Both have similarities when being managed (i.e., diet/exercise) and differences (types of medicines). The A1c test is the best method to determine general sugar control, so she should start with a baseline as soon as possible. Pick up a glucose monitor -- some doctors give them away since strips are where the money's made. Definitely not fixable (yet), but definitely manageable.