jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Planning/Logging Sessions

Two part question any feedback appreciated. I see some trainers with some form of paper and logging sessions to some degree. I see other trainers with absolutely no paper recording anything. Which camp are you in and why?

Also for those who do plan and record sessions. How do you go about actually logging everything? Spiral notebook, folders for each client, binder with tabs, transfer everything to a computer...? I'd really like to get more organized.

tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jimmyk21 View Post
    Two part question any feedback appreciated. I see some trainers with some form of paper and logging sessions to some degree. I see other trainers with absolutely no paper recording anything. Which camp are you in and why?

Also for those who do plan and record sessions. How do you go about actually logging everything? Spiral notebook, folders for each client, binder with tabs, transfer everything to a computer...? I'd really like to get more organized.
    I think to be successful, organizing is key. You should definitely record all sessions for your records and for your clients. (if they ever claim to have used "X" amount of sessions. You have the proof.) And i definitely suggest having sessions booked up to 2-3 months in advance. That way your client will be more committed and less likely to cancel on you. Keep records however you feel best. Notebook, documents on comp.

Let your client know when they have, 20, 10, 5 sessions left. Do a reassessment and provide another goal/plan when they have about 10-15 sessions left. This will give them adequate time to decide if they want to continue with you.
    I love lifting plates and bars.
    YouTube - TheTylerPritchard

1st meet - 630kg @ 103 raw (June 8th, 2013)
    2nd meet goals 675 @ 105 (Sept 2013)

UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I log everything my clients do via spreadsheets. I also have a column on the side for notes.
    www.CrossFitGoldenSpike.com
    www.********.com/CrossFitGoldenspike
    www.AmplifiedFitness.net
    www.********.com/amplifiedfitness123
    Personal Trainer Sandy Utah
    9507 South 670 West
    Owner of CrossFit Golden Spike
    Owner of Amplified Fitness

ACE Certified Personal Trainer
    CrossFit Certified Trainer
    NESTA Certified Nutrition Coach
    APF Raw Utah State Record Holder

jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Would you happen to have a template you wouldnt mind sharing? I've looked around online for logs and I don't like any of the ones I've seen. I've tried to create my own but I'm awful at it.

mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Logging your clients' workouts is a MUST! How else do you expect to monitor progress? Periodization is key and making the slightest adjustments makes all the difference in their programs. And unless you have a super brain, it will be hard to remember every little detail about all of your clients.

I personally started using my iPad with an application called FitnessBuilder. It is an incredible application for logging everything for your clients (measurements, workouts, progress charts, etc.). I definitely recommend checking it out.

Here's a helpful hint: Technology is the future and is constantly evolving. Our field is no exception! If you are logging your information on a tablet rather than a standard pen/paper you WILL stand out amongst your fellow co-workers and generate more interest from potential clients.

Originally Posted by mikehayman View Post
    Logging your clients' workouts is a MUST! How else do you expect to monitor progress? Periodization is key and making the slightest adjustments makes all the difference in their programs. And unless you have a super brain, it will be hard to remember every little detail about all of your clients.

I personally started using my iPad with an application called FitnessBuilder. It is an incredible application for logging everything for your clients (measurements, workouts, progress charts, etc.). I definitely recommend checking it out.

Here's a helpful hint: Technology is the future and is constantly evolving. Our field is no exception! If you are logging your information on a tablet rather than a standard pen/paper you WILL stand out amongst your fellow co-workers and generate more interest from potential clients.
    I always log my sessions, I see other trainers that don't and I wonder if it's poor service or experience that allows them to go more by "feel."

Thanks for that app, it does look very helpful but yeah it's not cheap..

mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehayman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you train independently? If so you can purchase it and write it off for taxes since it's business related.

Yes I do. What product do you use? The "pro?"

Yes I use the Pro version. I used a 30-day trial before I initially purchased it, so just try it out and see if you like it. There's a small learning curve but once you get the hang of the interface it becomes a very useful tool.