Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: All Eyez On Me

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    x2 on the rear delt focus. that will pay off tons

FUUUUUU on that CGBP! gawd damn your bench has got to be closing in on dat 365 with CGBP like that. but be careful about that pec strain, don't lose the forward progress. really impressive workouts the past month, and forearms definitely looking huge. jelly of the rapid CGBP progress you've made

how'd the neutral/hammer grip chins go? I usually lean a little back on those to take biceps out and put back more in play
    I will admit that my "close grip" isn't quite as close as some other people might do. On the olympic bars my index finger/thumb is about a half inch from the start of the smooth part of the middle 2 things on the bar if that makes sense. It's basically a shoulder-width grip, and I've heard that really going any narrower than shoulder width doesn't activate the triceps any more than shoulder-width and just makes your wrists more prone to stress/injury. However I do tuck my elbows in majorly on every rep.

Neutral grip pullups felt better than the regular pull-ups or chins. First few sets I didn't notice anything but by the 3rd set as soon as I would finish the set my left shoulder would be kinda bothered. Like before though, it didn't hurt during the set at all, weird. I'm most likely going in tomorrow to do back/shoulder/hypertrophy work and I'll try and remember your advice on leaning back and see if I can do that and if it changes anything. Thanks for the advice Tim.

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    You should have just painted yourself green and worn some ripped trousers

x 3 on that!
    That is a sh!tload of direct shoulder work you've been doing with all the pressing Zack, so rear delt work to balance sounds good

I can't imagine that they would hurt the neck other than that you probably arch your neck forward as your body starts to lift (trying to bring your COG forward). I do this as well

Yep......forearms are jacked!

Only if you dress like that when you go down to buy a 6 pack of beer

Great workouts Zack. That's over 2 hours for each of those sessions and you must feel so f@cking tired when you have to go to work after those workouts
    Repping all those 405 deads, those 315 paused CGBPs and 355 squats = great lifts and really looking strong for that comp!
    Thanks as always Fit

TBPH I am way too self conscious to ever do something like a shirt-less halloween costume. Dat dere gyno self-consciousness. Feelsbadman

And I can't remember the last time I bought a 6 pack... I always get 12 packs so I can share

Originally Posted by Jstamp View Post
    Nice PR bro! But it sounds like you're getting pretty beat up... chest, shoulder, elbows & knees all hurt? Don't get hurt this close to the comp! Heal up, only 4 weeks left!
    Ha ya I'm definitely feelin a little beat up. But like I mentioned I'm starting Sheiko 32 on Sunday which is basically a big peaking deload so I'm very confident everything is going to work itself out in the next 4 weeks.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Sheiko 31 Week 4 Day 3

11/1/12 9:05PM - 11:30PM

LAST DAY OF SHEIKO 31!!!

Sumo Deadlifts (not supposed to be in today's workout)
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 4
    315 x 3 (conventional stance)

Squats
    200 x 5
    235 x 4
    275 x 3
    275 x 3
    add belt
    315 x 3
    315 x 3
    315 x 3
    315 x 3
    315 x 3

CGBP all reps paused
    190 x 5
    225 x 5
    260 x 4
    260 x 4
    260 x 4
    260 x 4
    260 x 4

Dips
    BW x 8
    45 x 8
    45 x 8
    45 x 8
    45 x 8
    45 x 8

Standing Low-to-High Cable Flyes
    70 x 10
    80 x 10
    90 x 10
    100 x 10
    100 x 10

Squats
    200 x 5
    235 x 5
    add belt
    275 x 5
    275 x 5
    275 x 5
    275 x 5

30 minutes stretching / rolling

Thoughts

Today's session blew donkey dick.

First, I didn't eat a proper meal before going to the gym. I just had a banana and a protein shake because I wanted to hurry the fuk up since I got off work a little later than I had hoped. The banana/shake just doesn't seem to cut it for a 2 and a half hour session, energy was SERIOUSLY lacking the entire workout. I was just dragging the entire time and felt pretty chitty.

I get to the gym and both the squat racks are taken. First I go up to the dude in the power rack and I ask how many sets he has and he says he's just starting. I'm pretty sure he's doing starting strength and actually squats with pretty legit form (albiet light weight) so I was like alright that's cool. I ask the old ass dude in the next rack how many sets he had left and he says "sorry everything I'm doing today is in the rack." This ******* was wrapping his knees with legit 2.5 meter powerlifting knee wraps to do front squats with 95lbs, no joke. And the thing that made it even more hilarious is that he was holding the bar like he was about to do a SOHP the entire time. Some of the most ridiculous chit I've ever seen in a rack... I really was tempted to take a video but decided not to. SO I decided to start with some sumo deads for the **** of it.

Lats and chest were still super sore from Thurdays heavy back work and singles on bench press. Also my hip flexors/groin was super feeling super tight despite warming up pretty extensively. Everything just felt heavy and the last round of squats were pretty mental.

Oh well, I got through Sheiko 31, so that's awesome. Time for Sheiko 32, and today marks me being 1 month out from my first meet ever
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Today's session blew donkey dick.
    ^^^^^^^^ LMFAO at this!

Congrats on finishing Sheiko 31!
    It's been a huge amount of work for the last month. I don't think you missed anything out today though, so it's an impressive effort to hit the gym for 2h30 immediately after work anyway

I can picture you watching that guy in the rack and biting your tongue............btw, how old was the 'old ass dude'
    I always wonder what you young guys think when I'm hogging the rack

So is Sheiko 32 a bit of a deload from the volume of 31?
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Dat there cheezburgers! vinipitta's Avatar
    vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    First, I didn't eat a proper meal before going to the gym. I just had a banana and a protein shake because I wanted to hurry the fuk up since I got off work a little later than I had hoped. The banana/shake just doesn't seem to cut it for a 2 and a half hour session, energy was SERIOUSLY lacking the entire workout. I was just dragging the entire time and felt pretty chitty.
    What your pre workout meal use to be (caloric and macro wise)? How before or your workout you eat?
    Do I even lift?!

Quest to look like lift: http://tinyurl.com/vplog

Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000)
    today marks me being 1 month out from my first meet ever
    Wohoo!

So what did you think of the sumo deads? I see you went back to conventional for your last set
    2022 Strongman Corp National Champion u200
    4x Oregon's Strongest Man
    BSc in Exercise Science & Nutrition

YouTube - https://youtube.com/@JoeyStampke

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/joeystampke

My Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135732481

Skills Evaluation Day

Gotta wake up in 6 hours for work, so unfortunately don't got time to respond or do a full write-up yet, but I will tomorrow night after work.

Cliffs of Tonight's Mock Meet:

405 x 1 Squat PR
    330 x 1 Bench Press
    495 x 1 Deadlift PR

For a 1230 Total.

Squat Vid:

Deadlift Vid:

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats Zack! Great work hitting two big PRs and the strong bench! 5pps dead, 4pps squat and a 3+pps bench
    That squat looked great --- I loved the way you kept your back position throughout. You hit great depth and were really strong on the drive-up. There were a few slight wobbles but it all looled strong. You looked like you were ready to do another rep!
    The deadlift looked easy for you even though you did most of that lifting with your back! You had another 20+lbs at least and it never looked uncomfortable!

Impressive work and you're looking really thick as well!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deadlift looked pretty easy.

Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000)
    AhYeah! Green lights. What happened to the bench vid? And did you end up getting tighter knee sleeves?

^^^^^^^^ LMFAO at this!

Congrats on finishing Sheiko 31!
    It's been a huge amount of work for the last month. I don't think you missed anything out today though, so it's an impressive effort to hit the gym for 2h30 immediately after work anyway

I can picture you watching that guy in the rack and biting your tongue............btw, how old was the 'old ass dude'
    I always wonder what you young guys think when I'm hogging the rack

So is Sheiko 32 a bit of a deload from the volume of 31?
    Thanks Fit! The old dude was probably around your age lol! Nah he looked probably around 50, but in way less shape than you if it counts for anything

Yes Sheiko 32 is a peaking cycle where the volume and weight is drastically reduced in order to "realize" the strength gains made from the prep cycles (29, 37, 31, etc).

Originally Posted by vinipitta View Post
    What your pre workout meal use to be (caloric and macro wise)? How before or your workout you eat?
    Not exactly sure about the calories, but I usually aim roughly for about 50g carbs and 50g protein about an hour or 2 before I work out. Carb sources are usually rice or noodles, and protein is usually chicken or beef. I pretty much do the same thing an hour or 2 after I workout too.

Wohoo!

So what did you think of the sumo deads? I see you went back to conventional for your last set
    Sumo deads are definitely hard as fuk IMO. I don't think I'd be able to really do them all the time while also squatting relatively wide because it would just rape my hips and groin too much.

Congrats Zack! Great work hitting two big PRs and the strong bench! 5pps dead, 4pps squat and a 3+pps bench
    That squat looked great --- I loved the way you kept your back position throughout. You hit great depth and were really strong on the drive-up. There were a few slight wobbles but it all looled strong. You looked like you were ready to do another rep!
    The deadlift looked easy for you even though you did most of that lifting with your back! You had another 20+lbs at least and it never looked uncomfortable!

Impressive work and you're looking really thick as well!
    Thanks again man. The squat felt really good, but once again my chest caved in at the bottom and the COG came off the heels. Seems to always happen on heavier sets The deads looked like chit as normal, but I'm really surprised I managed to hit that PR after doing the squatting. I think fresh I could probably do 505-515.

Originally Posted by BombDonald View Post
    Deadlift looked pretty easy.
    Too bad form was complete chit

AhYeah! Green lights. What happened to the bench vid? And did you end up getting tighter knee sleeves?
    Ha I hope I would get all greens on those! Didn't get a bench vid because there were some chicks working out right by me when I was benching and I always feel kinda wierd setting up to record with girls around because I don't wanna be mistaken as trying to do some creepy chit or something lol. Ya I ended up getting the large knee sleeves. They're pretty snug and keep the knees really warm. I could probably get into the mediums but I figure over time my legs if anything are gonna get bigger so I went with the larges.

Sheiko 32 Week 1 Day 1

gotta back up a few workouts and catch up....

11/4/12 9:45PM - 11:00PM

Squats
    200 x 3
    230 x 3
    275 x 3
    275 x 3
    295 x 2
    295 x 2
    295 x 2

CGBP all reps paused
    175 x 3
    205 x 3
    240 x 3
    240 x 3
    260 x 2
    260 x 2
    260 x 2

Cable Face Pulls
    40 x 20
    50 x 20
    60 x 20
    70 x 20

Roman Chair Leg Raises

YWTL's
    3's x 20
    3's x 20
    3's x 20
    3's x 20

30 minutes stretching and rolling

Thoughts

Reduced my caffeine intake to half of what I normally do before I workout (from 400 to 200) because it was a light day. Despite being relatively light, it wasn't necessarily "easy" per se, but it wasn't hard either.

Since my meet coming up has squatting out of uprights I decided to do some squats outside of the power rack to break out of my comfort zone. I've never tried squatting heavier outside of the rack without any kind of safeties really so I know I need to break that mental barrier and get used to it now instead of goofing at the meet.

Threw in some extra shoulder prehab work in the session for good measure, but don't know how the fuk it still took over an hour since I never rested more than 30-60 seconds...

Sheiko 32 Week 1 Day 2 - 1RM Tests

11/6/12 9:30PM - 12:00AM

Squats
    45 x 5
    95 x 5
    135 x 5
    155 x 3
    200 x 3
    235 x 3
    235 x 3
    275 x 2
    275 x 2
    315 x 2
    add belt
    355 x 1
    405 x 1 20lb PR! woot woot! (vid below)

Bench Press inbetween my medium and close grips
    45 x 5
    95 x 5
    135 x 5
    175 x 3
    205 x 3
    240 x 2
    240 x 2
    275 x 2
    310 x 1
    330 x 1 ass came up a little in second half of the rep

Deadlifts
    135 x 3
    185 x 3
    add belt
    225 x 3
    275 x 2
    315 x 2
    315 x 2
    385 x 1
    435 x 1 (vid below)
    485 x 1 5lb PR (vid below)
    495 x 1 15lb PR!!! ya buddy! (vid below)

20 minutes stretching

Thoughts

What a day!!! I came into the session not feeling it at all but decided I needed to stick to my schedule. I took some stupid free NoXplode sample I had before hand which I've never liked. Wasn't feeling very awake when I was warming up still so I chewed 1 piece of caffeine gum also...

Squats felt heavy from the getgo. Even 135 felt heavy on my back and I seriously doubted whether I was going to be able to get a PR or not. Up through 315 everything just felt like chit, but once I threw on the belt and heavy wrist wraps 355 went up pretty damn fast. Since I missed 405 last time I maxed out I decided to hit an ammonia capsule before this attempt which I think basically enabled me to do it. 20lb PR!!!! I think I'm gonna try about 405 as my 2nd attempt now at the meet.

After the squats and the ammonia wearing off I was feeling really tired and fatigued. I contemplated multiple times just saying fuk it and calling it a day and being happy with the squat PR. I had to tell myself over and over to stop being a pussy and that even if you're feeling off at the meet you just gotta get your chit together and power though it.

Bench felt really heavy too. By the time I got to the 310 set, which I have done at least a handful of times without a spotter, I was contemplating getting a spotter because I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to do it. I hit it pretty easily so I decided to go with 330 instead of trying to match my PR of 335 in order to try and use better form. Grabbed a spotter who I explained to please not touch it unless I say help. I didn't ask for a liftoff, and stalled half way up. I thought I was going to fail and was about to say help but at the last milisecond my tris really kicked in and I powered through it, although my ass came up a little bit. The spotter did a great job of being ready to help but not stepping in prematurely which I really appreciated. 9 times out of 10 at the gym if I use a new spotter they always jump in way too early and touch the bar despite me always telling them to NOT do anything unless I actually say to help. I would guess I would have gotten 1-2 redlights at a meet, hard to say.

Once again I contemplated calling it a day but decided to at least see how the DL warmups felt. Lower back was completely smoked by this point, and even 135 didn't feel 100% confortable. Enter belt: quite possibly the best weightlifting invention ever!!! The belt allowed me to continue on without me feeling like I was gonna snap my chit up. Before I didn't like how belts felt when I was DLing, but by this point it was a complete necessity and it actually grew on me and I started to like how it felt. 435 went up pretty damn quick compared to previous times, so I thought I would try for a 5lb PR. I hit that and it took pretty much everything I had in me, and I got super light-headed at the top. But the rep still wasn't too slow and I hadn't used an ammonia capsule, so I said fuk it let's throw on 5 plates and hit a capsule and see how it goes! Did it, and it was a smoke show! Normally on squats and DLs I spend too much time overanalyzing and setting up, but once u sniff that ammonia it's just like boom good to go.

I think something that was super crucial in this session was I foam rolled before and between each different lift. In previous max testing days I would just roll beforehand and not between the lifts, but I think doing some rolling between the lifts really helped to loosen me up a bit. Also the belt was super fukin crucial! Starting to love it more and more.

Goals

When I started this journal my goals were a 2 plate SOHP, 3 plate bench, 4 plate squat, and 5 plate deadlift. I have accomplished all of these except for the SOHP, which I don't see happening anytime soon because of the whole benching 3x a week thing and the recent pains that have been plaguing my left shoulder. Either way I extremely pleased to hit the majority of these goals, and it took me almost 11 months to accomplish. I think after my meet it might be time to start a new journal and redefine my goals. Thanks for following along and the support everybody!

Thanks Fit! The old dude was probably around your age lol! Nah he looked probably around 50, but in way less shape than you if it counts for anything

Thanks again man. The squat felt really good, but once again my chest caved in at the bottom and the COG came off the heels. Seems to always happen on heavier sets The deads looked like chit as normal, but I'm really surprised I managed to hit that PR after doing the squatting. I think fresh I could probably do 505-515.

Too bad form was complete chit
    On the squats you kept your form really tight until the very bottom, and you're right.....your chest went forward and threw your COG off but I think it was because you got nice and deep and the lower back looked to flatten out slightly. Regardless.... you've got great strength and it was an easy rescue!

All of the deads had you pretty much SLDLing the weight, but I wouldn't say the form was chit --- you were really strong on all of those, and I thought that the 495 was probably the best of the three --- you lifted from the ground with leg drive and your lockout was super strong . I see vids of deadlifters shifting 600lbs and still keeping there @rse up, and if it works for you and you didn't feel that your lower back was strained, then I wouldn't sweat too much. You'll obviously want to still work at it to try to get your numbers up, but if you feel strong and safe, then that's the main thing

I was interested in seeing the progression you used to reach those PRs! I love the write-up
    Great work Zack, and you overcame a lot of demons to complete that session

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Beast mode activated huh? Those are some sick PRs!!!
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

I think you're ready

On the squats you kept your form really tight until the very bottom, and you're right.....your chest went forward and threw your COG off but I think it was because you got nice and deep and the lower back looked to flatten out slightly. Regardless.... you've got great strength and it was an easy rescue!

All of the deads had you pretty much SLDLing the weight, but I wouldn't say the form was chit --- you were really strong on all of those, and I thought that the 495 was probably the best of the three --- you lifted from the ground with leg drive and your lockout was super strong . I see vids of deadlifters shifting 600lbs and still keeping there @rse up, and if it works for you and you didn't feel that your lower back was strained, then I wouldn't sweat too much. You'll obviously want to still work at it to try to get your numbers up, but if you feel strong and safe, then that's the main thing

I was interested in seeing the progression you used to reach those PRs! I love the write-up
    Great work Zack, and you overcame a lot of demons to complete that session
    Thanks Fit! The bane of my squats seems to be that last tiny bit to get below parallel. I think I'm maybe just not flexible enough to do it with just my hips so my chest caves maybe??? Something I need to work on long term.

Ya it's weird I've never felt like I was even really close to injuring my lower back doing DLs the way I do them. But if I saw someone doing them like how I do them I would definitely think wow they really need to work on their form... lol! I think after the meet I'm really gonna look into joining a PL gym and hopefully I'll be able to get expert advice and coaching on both the squats and DLs.

Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    Beast mode activated huh? Those are some sick PRs!!!
    Beast mode activated indeed Thanks brotha. Bit by bit I keep progressing!

I think you're ready
    Soon.jpg. So I recently found out both Dan Green and Chris Duffin are apparently competing in the 220's at the WCO now (they're both famous record holding lifters). That really makes me wanna drop down to the 198's so I have some competition a bit more relative to my strength LOL. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Sheiko 32 Week 1 Day 3 + Back/Shoulders/Bis

11/8/12 9:20PM - 11:20PM

Squats outside of power rack, paused last rep on most sets
    200 x 3
    235 x 3
    235 x 3
    275 x 3
    275 x 3
    295 x 2
    295 x 2
    295 x 2
    295 x 2

Bench Press medium grip
    190 x 3
    225 x 3
    225 x 3
    260 x 3
    260 x 3
    260 x 3
    260 x 3
    260 x 3
    260 x 3

Cable Face Pulls
    40 x 20
    50 x 20
    60 x 20
    60 x 20

Seated Cable Rows close grip
    105 x 10
    105 x 10
    105 x 10
    105 x 10
    105 x 10
    105 x 10
    105 x 10

Rear Delt Cable Crossovers
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10

Smith Machine Behind the Back Shrugs
    1PPS x 10
    1.5PPS x 10
    2PPS x 10
    2PPS x 10
    2PPS x 10
    2PPS x 10
    2PPS x 10
    2PPS x 10

Machine Preacher Curls
    65 x 10
    80 x 10
    95 x 10
    95 x 10
    80 x 10
    80 x 10
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

20 minutes stretching

Thoughts

Squatted in the new knee sleeves again. I really like how they keep the knee warm and compressed, definitely a great addition to my equipment.

Today on bench press I tried to move my grip back out to the medium grip I was previously using for the previous 6 months or so until relatively recently. I really tried to focus on keeping the elbows tucked throughout the descent to minimize the load on the shoulders, and for the most part I was pain free in the shoulder region except for a little discomfort on the last few sets. Strangely enough though, I feel weaker with this grip now than the closegrip!!! haha wtf! I guess I just need to get used to the mechanics of it again.

AMAP I usually try and go in on Fridays after work to do back/shoulder/bi hypertrophy work, but I have some stuff planned so I figured I'd just throw it in today since the sheiko portion on 32 generally only takes about an hour. I've seen other people using FST-7 training in their journals and I kinda copied that on some of my movements today, keeping rest times down to 30 seconds on a lot of the exercises and pumping out some volume.

Got some Animal Rage (the pills, not powder, altough they're supposed to be the same) and tried it for the first time tonight. I felt pretty focused the whole workout, but tired. My stim tolerance is just too damn high.... fuuuu

So an hour long session of heavy squats and benching isn't enough for you any more
    Rows/curls/shrugs with 30 sec rests would have left you looking huge --- it's a pity it's getting colder there so you won't get the chance to show off da gunz in a tight T for another 6 months

It must feel strange squatting away from the power rack --- I'd feel totally insecure if I had to squat free, but I suppose you have to get used to it in prep for a comp. The big difference in squatting free at a comp is that you usually have good spotters. Do you ever get a spot at the gym?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

So an hour long session of heavy squats and benching isn't enough for you any more
    Rows/curls/shrugs with 30 sec rests would have left you looking huge --- it's a pity it's getting colder there so you won't get the chance to show off da gunz in a tight T for another 6 months

It must feel strange squatting away from the power rack --- I'd feel totally insecure if I had to squat free, but I suppose you have to get used to it in prep for a comp. The big difference in squatting free at a comp is that you usually have good spotters. Do you ever get a spot at the gym?
    Ha it's not! If I don't work out for at least 2 hours now I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything strong life...

Ya I definitely had dat dere pump going on. I actually forgot what it's like to have a good pump until tonight lmao. I did those preacher curls SUPER strict and slow, not like how I normally do them, and my arms were screaming at me. I was like oh yeah that's what guys liek AFV are referring to in their journals... lol.

First time squatting outside of the rack was a bit weird for sure. I just have to tell myself it's weights I've hit 100's of times inside the rack so it really shouldn't matter... the only thing that sucks is the gym has zero bumper plates so if something were to go wrong and I had to dump the weight I imagine it would probably fuk up the floor! I've only asked for a spot on squats in the gym once before, a longgggg time ago. Don't really trust anyone in the gym typically though TBH.

Ha it's not! If I don't work out for at least 2 hours now I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything strong life...

Ya I definitely had dat dere pump going on. I actually forgot what it's like to have a good pump until tonight lmao. I did those preacher curls SUPER strict and slow, not like how I normally do them, and my arms were screaming at me. I was like oh yeah that's what guys liek AFV are referring to in their journals... lol.

First time squatting outside of the rack was a bit weird for sure. I just have to tell myself it's weights I've hit 100's of times inside the rack so it really shouldn't matter... the only thing that sucks is the gym has zero bumper plates so if something were to go wrong and I had to dump the weight I imagine it would probably fuk up the floor! I've only asked for a spot on squats in the gym once before, a longgggg time ago. Don't really trust anyone in the gym typically though TBH.
    2 hours and lifting heavy is a huge session. It must be keeping you aerobically fit as well. Those FST7 type sets really leave you short of breath
    I've noticed that my arms have finally started to grow again since I've had to drop the weights and go really slow. My bicep work is with pussy weights now but the pump feels great

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000) vinipitta is just really nice. (+1000)
    It must feel strange squa1tting away from the power rack --- I'd feel totally insecure if I had to squat free, but I suppose you have to get used to it in prep for a comp. The big difference in squatting free at a comp is that you usually have good spotters. Do you ever get a spot at the gym?
    I can't imagine myself squatting outside rack too. I need that physical and psychological security.
    Do I even lift?!

Soon.jpg. So I recently found out both Dan Green and Chris Duffin are apparently competing in the 220's at the WCO now (they're both famous record holding lifters). That really makes me wanna drop down to the 198's so I have some competition a bit more relative to my strength LOL. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
    Ya this meet is going to be awesome! I bet you'll be able to switch weight classes if you decide by Thanksgiving because that's the deadline to register.

2 hours and lifting heavy is a huge session. It must be keeping you aerobically fit as well. Those FST7 type sets really leave you short of breath
    I've noticed that my arms have finally started to grow again since I've had to drop the weights and go really slow. My bicep work is with pussy weights now but the pump feels great
    lol I dunno how aerobically fit I am... brb walking up 4 flight of stairs at my buddy's apartment building and being winded. Feelsbadman

I can't imagine myself squatting outside rack too. I need that physical and psychological security.
    truth... gotta get used to it for the comp though

Ya this meet is going to be awesome! I bet you'll be able to switch weight classes if you decide by Thanksgiving because that's the deadline to register.
    Hell ya bro. I already talked to Rick Mcclung or whatever (the meet director) and he said if I weighed in at 198 I could compete in that class even if I signed up for the 220's... nice guy

Sheiko 32 Week 2 Day 1

11/11/12 12:40PM - 2:15PM

Squats
    200 x 3
    235 x 3
    235 x 3
    275 x 3
    275 x 3
    add belt
    315 x 2
    315 x 2
    315 x 2
    315 x 2

Bench Press medium grip, all reps paused
    175 x 5
    205 x 3
    240 x 3
    240 x 3
    275 x 3
    275 x 3
    275 x 3
    275 x 3
    275 x 3

Squats
    215 x 3
    250 x 3
    255 x 3
    295 x 3
    295 x 3
    295 x 3
    295 x 3

Roman Chair Leg Raises

Thoughts

Squats felt like complete ass, but better once I had the belt on.

Moved the grip back out to mediumish again, didn't have any shoulder bothers so that was good.

Sheiko 32 Week 2 Day 2 + Back/Bis

11/13/12 9:50PM - 12:10AM

Deadlifts
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 4
    275 x 3
    315 x 3
    add belt
    385 x 3
    385 x 3
    385 x 3
    remove belt
    385 x 3
    385 x 3

Bench Press medium grip, all reps paused
    175 x 3
    205 x 3
    240 x 3
    240 x 3
    275 x 3
    275 x 3
    295 x 2
    295 x 2
    295 x 2

Seated Freemotion Cable Flyes
    50 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10

Closegrip Chin-ups
    BW x 5
    25 x 5
    25 x 5
    25 x 5
    25 x 5
    25 x 5

Seated Cable Rows wide v bar
    40 x 10
    50 x 10
    60 x 10
    75 x 10
    90 x 10
    105 x 10
    120 x 10
    135 x 10
    150 x 10
    195 x 6
    240 x 4
    300 x 2

Standing Alternating DB Hammer Curls
    30's x 10 per arm
    35's x 10 per arm
    40's x 5 per arm - put wrist wraps on wayyy too tight
    55's x 4 per arm brb just weak

Machine Preacher Curls
    170 x 7
    170 x 6

Reverse Crunches on slight decline

Thoughts

I normally do my deadlifts earlier on Tuesdays but I had to work all day today so I didn't have time till after work. I think being on my feet all day made my hips pretty tights so as a result the deads felt pretty crappy and I could tell my hips were rising wayyy too fast on every set. Eventually the form got better in the later 385 sets though.

Bench felt heavier than normal, but I'm not surprised considering I maxed out a week ago and I only just recently moved my grip back to the medium place. Luckily I didn't have any shoulder discomfort really on any exercise at all today. Also the close grip chins worked great and didn't bother my shoulder like some of the other pull up variations recently have, so a shout out to Tim for recommending them.

Played around with the cable rows, starting first super light and going retardedly slow and really focusing on MMC, and slowly working up in weight until I was using major body english on the last few sets.

I probably already asked that before but again: How much rest do you take between sets of heavy lifts?
    Do I even lift?!

Hips may have felt tight but you got all of your lifts in as planned. I thought that this sheiko 32 was supposed to be lighter than the last but the volume is still there ---- maybe because you're adding extra exercises
    Strong lifts on the squats, deads and benching as expected, but I'm really impressed with those 300lb seated cable rows --- you'll be challenging Corey next

Great work Zack

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I probably already asked that before but again: How much rest do you take between sets of heavy lifts?
    Bench and squats is usually 2-3 minutes, on deadlifts 3-5 minutes usually. I find when I start a sheiko program I tend to rest more inbetween sets in the first half of the program, and then I start adapting to the weight and my rest times get shorter as the month progresses.

Hips may have felt tight but you got all of your lifts in as planned. I thought that this sheiko 32 was supposed to be lighter than the last but the volume is still there ---- maybe because you're adding extra exercises
    Strong lifts on the squats, deads and benching as expected, but I'm really impressed with those 300lb seated cable rows --- you'll be challenging Corey next

Great work Zack
    Haha I'm definitely adding in some extra exercises! Yeah 32 is like light in the beginning, normal-heavy in the middle, and light in the end portion. And lol I'm not even close to you or Corey remotely on any kind of rowing movements, yall got that chit covered by miles!

Story Time

So from Tuesday-Today one of my best friends from Japan came and visited me, so I took 3 days off of the gym while he was here visiting (for anyone who doesn't know I studied abroad in Japan for my junior year in college).

I probably gained some weight because basically all we did was hang out, eat a ton of good food, and drink beer

A few pics:

It's funny, he's actually retardedly strong for how small he is - when I studied abroad there (2008-2009) he would whoop me and all of my friend's asses at arm wrestling. I finally beat him this time around though I have a small bench press in my basement and we worked out for a little bit and he worked up to 195 x 1, and almost hit 205 x 1 - I just had to touch it really slightly. Pretty fukin strong for someone who never works out at all if you ask me! He would be a beast if he actually started training...

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    awesome pics bro

chinese food and beer looks good

dude looks like one of my japanese friends