Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: All Eyez On Me

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

All Eyez On Me

My History with Working Out

Tired of being picked on in high school, I first started lifting weights during my sophomore year of high school. I got pretty decent results: I slimmed down a lot and built some decent muscle. However, like most teenagers, I mainly trained arms and chest, hitting biceps literally 5x a week, throwing in the occasional leg extensions or lat pulldowns. By the time I graduated high school I was pretty slim at 185 pounds and strong for my size.

Me as a skinny 185lb senior in HS

Then came college. I got into my first serious relationship with a girl, and she said she didn’t like muscular guys, so I said fuk it and stopped lifting entirely. Then came all the typical bad habits of college: binge drinking, eating crappy food, drinking tons of soda and energy drinks etc.
    After two years, I ended the relationship with that chick, and I did start lifting again somewhat during my junior and senior years. But when I did hit the gym I pretty much only chained chest. During the course of college I saw myself go from being 185 lbs and super toned, to 210, having a beer gut, and next to no muscle definition.

Me @ 210, age 21. Strong man titties are strong.

After graduating college, I decided that I needed a change, and that's when I found bodybuilding.com in July 2010, and I actually started seriously training frequently and intelligently.

For about the first year I did a semi-traditional bodybuilding split, hitting 2 muscle groups per workout, 5 workouts per week, and really focused on the nutritional aspects as well, dropping down to around 10% bodyfat and getting back down to 185 lbs

Have you ever seen a 6-pack on someone's back?!? :P

Bruce Lee Pose

Then around the middle of august I started Layne Norton’s PHAT routine, training every bodypart twice a week, once for power and once for hypertrophy. I made some good strength gains on the program, and did it for two months. During this two months, I gained 10 pounds.

After hitting PHAT for 2 months, I decided I really wanted to focus on increasing my strength for the big 3 lifts (bench, squat, and deadlift). This is when I came across Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 program, which I am starting my 3rd month of as of today. Currently, I am doing a modified version of it with bodybuilding-style accessory work, which you will see in my log. I am not focusing on the nutritional aspect of my training nearly as much as I was during last year, eating cheat meals about 50% of the time and healthy meals 50% of the time. Right now I weight in at 205, bulkin up for winter! Some more recent pics:

Me as Popeye for Halloween

Current Goals
    My current goals are mainly strength-related. It's pretty straight forward right now: I want a 2-plate SOHP, 3-plate flat bench press, 4 plate squat, and 5 plate deadlift.
    Right now my SOHP is around 185-190, bench is very close to 315, but still haven't hit 3 plates yet, my squat @ parallel is 350, and my deadlift is around 430.
    I am hoping that I follow through with 5/3/1 until I hit these goals, however by next spring/summer I want to get shredded/aesthetic again, so I will probably start doing a hypertrophy split and focus on my nutrition game around March 2012.

Current Supplements
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Natural Whey Protein
    Optimum Gold Standard Natural 100% Casein Protein
    Karbolyn
    Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine
    Musclepharm Assualt
    Scivation Xtend
    Grenade Fat Burner
    Animal Flex
    Animal Pak
    Optimum Nutrition Fish Oil

About Me

I'm 23, born and raised in Portland, OR. I have a BA in East Asian Languages and Cultures from Beloit College in Wisconsin, and can speak Japanese. I drive a 97 Acura 3.2 TL in the winter and a candy red 1981 Cadillac Eldorado in the summer. I love rap music, but mainly work out to rock music.

In this workout log, I hope to chronicle the changes I make in strength, body, and mind, and hopefully make a few friends along the way. Shout out to nwskier for motivating me to do this!
    Last edited by adamsz; 12-05-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You've done a great job building that mass in 18 months (looking bad in the pic at 210 if you don't mind me saying). Your arms, shoulders, traps and forearms are enormous in that most muscular pose. Good Halloween choice as Popeye!
    Great lifts so far and admirable goals that look like a whisker away!
    Good luck with the winter bulk and going by your mid year pics you'll look fantastic shredded for summer and hopefully carrying lots of extra mass
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 12-05-2011 at 02:56 AM.
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    shyttt gjdm. Nice to finally know some background behind you and your gains are amazing. looking jooooooocy and cant wait to see you get more joocy. Gl man!

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    [In this workout log, I hope to chronicle the changes I make in strength, body, and mind, and hopefully make a few friends along the way. Shout out to nwskier for motivating me to do this!
    thanks dude, and great intro! you've already made some hugely significant progress and changes. Will be stoked to help try and push you along via the internetz to achieve/surpass those goals.

stay motivated bro! look forward to seeing some impressive results.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    You've done a great job building that mass in 18 months (looking bad in the pic at 210 if you don't mind me saying). Your arms, shoulders, traps and forearms are enormous in that most muscular pose. Good Halloween choice as Popeye!
    Great lifts so far and admirable goals that look like a whisker away!
    Good luck with the winter bulk and going by your mid year pics you'll look fantastic shredded for summer and hopefully carrying lots of extra mass
    Thanks a lot man, that means a lot coming from you! Yeah I'm hoping that when I cut down next spring I'll still retain some of the mass I've gained through my bulking process, that's definitely the goal. Would love to see you up in here!

Originally Posted by purebro View Post
    shyttt gjdm. Nice to finally know some background behind you and your gains are amazing. looking jooooooocy and cant wait to see you get more joocy. Gl man!
    Thx brah. Could use some good misc humor up in here from time to time, so definitely feel free to drop by. And let me know if u start a journal for your cut!

Some info on 5/3/1 if people don't know what it is, taken from the manual:

The 5/3/1 Program

• You train 4 days per week (until starting this program, I always trained 5x a week)

• One day will be devoted to the standing military press, one day to the squat, one
    day to the deadlift and one day to the bench press.

• Each training cycle lasts 4 weeks.

• The first week you will do 3 sets of 5 reps (3x5).

• The second week you will do 3 sets of 3 reps (3x3).

• The third week you will do 1 set of 5 reps,1 set of 3 reps and 1 set of 1 rep(5/3/1).

• On weeks 1-3, you perform as many reps as possible on the very last set of your main lift, ideally always leaving 1 rep left in the tank

• The fourth week you will do 3 sets of 5 reps (3x5). This is an easy deload week.

• After the fourth week, you begin again with 3 sets of 5 reps.

• Each week and each set has a percentage to follow, so you won’t be guessing what to do:

week 1: 65%, 75%, 85%

week 2: 70%, 80%, 90%

week 3: 75%, 85%, 95%

week 4: 40%, 50%, 60%

Each of these percentages is based on 90% of your 1RM of the main lifts.

Every month, you add 5 lbs to this # for upper body lifts, and 10 lbs to this # for lower body lifts.

This month, 90% of my 1RM are as follows:

Military Press: 185

Deadlift: 410

Bench Press: 290

Squat: 280 (starting last month I started doing ATG squats instead of parallel squats, down from 315 for the previous month for parallel)
    Last edited by adamsz; 12-07-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Time to get Ripped! slytheslayer's Avatar
    slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lookin Beast bro! Keep up the good work! Subbed!
    Check out my GST workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138364783

Capsi-Blast Log (In Progress!)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153063391

Beta-cret and Gluta-Tren log (Complete!)
    Gluta-Tren log (Complete!)
    Beta-cret log Complete!)

Now that I provided some basic info on the program, let's get down to business!

Bench Press Day 12/4/11 1:00PM-2:15PM

Bench Press SS With Wide-grip Pull-ups
    115x5 WU - 7
    145x5 WU - 7
    175x3 WU - 7
    190x5 - 7
    215x5 - 7
    245x10 Major PR for me here

Incline DB Press
    60'sx10
    70'sx9
    80'sx6

Weighted Chest Dips
    +25 x 10
    + 35 x 9
    + 70 x 5
    + 45 x 6

Wide-Grip Pull-ups
    Bw x 7
    Bw x 6
    Bw x 5

Incline Ez-Bar Skull-Crushers
    75 x 12
    85 x 11
    95 x 6
    95 x 6

3 Sets of Reverse Crunches. Done.

Thoughts

I was super psyched to hit 245 for 10. To me it seems to signify that the program is working for me: the first month I hit 237.5 x 9 (yes I own 1.25lb plates and carry them to the gym with me if I need them for that weeks percentage lol), and the second month I hit 242.5 for 9. I hope in 2 more months I'll be reppin 250 for 10! I know it seems miniscule - only 5 lbs for month, but it definitely adds up in the long run. Patience is key.

After hitting that PR, I was freakin drained. The incline DB press seemed so fukkin heavy even though I'm used to reppin 100's for 4-8 on the regular - shows how much energy I put into that last bench set!

Pull-Ups

Another one of my goals right now is to get better at pull-ups. So, I have decided to take Wendler's advice and try and do at least 100 per week (50 on bench day, 50 on deadlift day). On bench & deadlift days I superset them with all my bench & deadlift sets, and then I rep out more later in the workout until I hit 50 reps total.
    Last edited by adamsz; 12-06-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    thanks dude, and great intro! you've already made some hugely significant progress and changes. Will be stoked to help try and push you along via the internetz to achieve/surpass those goals.

stay motivated bro! look forward to seeing some impressive results.
    In Japanese there is a set phrase that people use all the time - よろしくお願いします - it basically means "thanks in advance." I think this applies well here!

Originally Posted by slytheslayer View Post
    lookin Beast bro! Keep up the good work! Subbed!
    Thx man! Lookin forward to havin ya! Do you really live in Korea? I spent my junior year of college abroad in Japan, and spent a week of my winter break vacation visiting Korea. Awesome country!

slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thx man! Lookin forward to havin ya! Do you really live in Korea? I spent my junior year of college abroad in Japan, and spent a week of my winter break vacation visiting Korea. Awesome country!
    I do, but its because im in the Army. This is my second time here. I was here 2 1/2 years the first time. This time my family isnt here, and im ready to get back to them. The country is ok but ive just had enough being away from the family.
    Check out my GST workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138364783

Beta-cret log Complete!)

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strong benching at 245 x 10!
    I thought the last set was supposed to be 5 reps, but if you can hit 10 reps, then why not? It looks like your true 90% 1RM is a fair bit higher than 290 now
    Good job on the pullups at 200lbs+! Over 50 for that session. Upping the pullups is on my list as well, so I'd better follow Wendler's advice too!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I do, but its because im in the Army. This is my second time here. I was here 2 1/2 years the first time. This time my family isnt here, and im ready to get back to them. The country is ok but ive just had enough being away from the family.
    Hey man keep your head up. You'll be back with your family before you know it. In the meantime, keep killin it in the gym!

Strong benching at 245 x 10!
    I thought the last set was supposed to be 5 reps, but if you can hit 10 reps, then why not? It looks like your true 90% 1RM is a fair bit higher than 290 now
    Thanks man yeah my theoretical 1RM on bench is around 325 right now, but I still have never hit 315 for 1 rep - although I've only tried twice before :/ The calculator Wendler uses is Weight x reps x .0333 + weight. So 245 x 10 x .0333 + 245 = 326, and 90% of that is just above 290. Also thanks for pointing something out that I forgot to mention in the program info - on the very last set of your main lift, you perform AMAP, shying about 1 rep before failure - hence the 245 for 10 reps.

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Now that I provided some basic info on the program, let's get down to business!

Bench Press Day 12/4/11 1:00PM-2:15PM

Bench Press SS With Wide-grip Pull-ups
    245x10 Major PR for me here

I was super psyched to hit 245 for 10. To me it seems to signify that the program is working for me: the first month I hit 237.5 x 9 (yes I own 1.25lb plates and carry them to the gym with me if I need them for that weeks percentage lol), and the second month I hit 242.5 for 9. I hope in 2 more months I'll be reppin 250 for 10! I know it seems miniscule - only 5 lbs for month, but it definitely adds up in the long run. Patience is key.
    Awesome PR bro! 245x10 is kick ass. And also dig the supersetting of pullups/chins with bench. It's such a great combination

Definitely right about patience, but me thinks you will get 255x10 this month

For the theoretical max, FWIW, if you go with a 5RM I think you'll be much closer to your actual 1RM using a calculation

Squat Day 12/5/11 1:00PM - 1:55PM

Today's PR was brought to you by

ATG Squat
    110 x 5 WU
    140 x 5 WU
    170 x 3 WU
    180 x 5
    210 x 5
    240 x 12 PR for ATG
    275 x 3

Hack Squats
    230 x 8
    270 x 6

Lying Leg Curl
    170 x 10
    190 x 8
    200 x 8

Barbell Walking Lunges
    70 x 20
    80 x 20

Done.

Thoughts
    I just really wasn't feelin it today TBH. I woke up, had a major cheat meal - Fried chicken biscuit sandwich with egg, bacon, and gravy and got dot dere ITIS like a ma****a. I was like whatever tho, I'll just hit my preworkout and it'll be all good, however by the time I was in the gym and had already warmed up, I just wasn't mentally there like I normally am for a heavy leg day. All I really cared about was hitting my PR for main set on ATG squats. After that, I was like fuk it I'll try some heavier weight, hit 275 x 3 but it felt super heavy. Got dayum ATG is so much harder than parallel - I can hit 275 for 8-10 on parallel. I'm pretty weak in the hole though so I figure this is good training for that. After that I hopped on the hack squat machine but it just wasn't feelin too good on my knee, which had already been feelin kinda off, so I was like fuk dat and quit after just a few sets. I did give it my all on the lying leg curls though - no PR's or anything - but 200 is as high as the machine goes so I always feel good reppin that Wendler advises in the manual that there will be days when you just wanna get in, hit your main lift, and get out, and today was definitely one of those days for me.

Today's Itis brought to you by:

(taken from the website of the restaurant I got that sandwich at )

Great focus and efforts, turned in a solid workout. Strong ATG high reps too.

purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) purebro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol fuaaark that killa kyleon ft bun b goes ham

User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) User893402 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't help but wonder how many calories that sandwich is.

Great focus and efforts, turned in a solid workout. Strong ATG high reps too.
    I wish I thought it was strong for ATG, but I think there is so much room for improvement. It feels really weird doing the same weight/rep scheme on squats as your bench lol. Gotta keep progressing...

Originally Posted by purebro View Post
    lol fuaaark that killa kyleon ft bun b goes ham
    For real tho, I've heard plenty of Bun B stuff but I just came across Killa Kyleon recently. He has some dope ****.

Originally Posted by User893402 View Post
    I can't help but wonder how many calories that sandwich is.
    Wayyyy to many my friend, way to many. In the picture is the Reggie, but I actually got the Reggie Delux which is that + a fried egg on it. Sometimes I even go out and get double chicken. People always give me the strangest looks when I get that sh!t lol!
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

And nowwww what you've all been waiting for. Today's workout. lol.

Military Press Day 12/7/11 8:40PM - 10:00PM

Today's PR was brought to you by:

SOHP
    75 x 5WU
    95 x 5WU
    115 x 5WU
    120 x 5
    140 x 5
    157.5 x 8 PRRRRRRR
    185 x 2 PR!!!!

Barbell Upright Rows - Varying Grips With Each Set
    95 x 12
    105 x 12
    115 x 8 PR
    115 x 8 PR

Rear Delt Cable Crossovers
    60 x 12
    80 x 12
    80 x 12
    TBH not sure if these weights are accurate or if it's actually 2x this. It's one of these machines:

For example, I was using the 80's, but is it 80lbs on each side, or 80 divided by both sides? I feel kind of retarded not knowing this lol...

DB Lateral Raises SS With DB Front Raises
    22.5's x 12 - 20's x 12
    25's x 12 - 15's x 12
    30's x 8 - 20's x 7
    25's x 10 - 15's x 8

Barbell Behind Back Shrugs
    185 x 12
    225 x 10
    275 x 8 (with straps)
    275 x 8 (with straps)

1 minute plank + 3 sets of Roman Chain leg raises. Donezo.

Thoughts
    As cliche as it might seem, I really think having this journal and having a few peeps reading it is helping to motivate me. During my last SOHP set, I just thought to myself "you've got to hit 8 reps no matter what. People will be looking at your journal, so you've got to give it your all and make sure you have something good to put down" and I think it actually motivated me. This is up from 155 x 7 last month, and 150 x 9 the month before. I'm really psyched that I'm not only hitting more weight, but I'm hitting more weight for more reps.

185 also felt really solid. I just thought to myself "you've gotta hit it before Tim does bro." I'm sure it also helped that I had a real amatuer competitive bodybuilder working out next to me at the time I attempted it Man I can't wait to hit a 2 plate overhead press. That would be so dope!
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Thumbs up

And nowwww what you've all been waiting for. Today's workout. lol.

Military Press Day 12/7/11 8:40PM - 10:00PM

SOHP
    157.5 x 8 PRRRRRRR
    185 x 2 PR!!!!

Rear Delt Cable Crossovers
    60 x 12
    80 x 12
    80 x 12
    TBH not sure if these weights are accurate or if it's actually 2x this. It's one of these machines:

For example, I was using the 80's, but is it 80lbs on each side, or 80 divided by both sides? I feel kind of retarded not knowing this lol...

Thoughts
    As cliche as it might seem, I really think having this journal and having a few peeps reading it is helping to motivate me. During my last SOHP set, I just thought to myself "you've got to hit 8 reps no matter what. People will be looking at your journal, so you've got to give it your all and make sure you have something good to put down" and I think it actually motivated me. This is up from 155 x 7 last month, and 150 x 9 the month before. I'm really psyched that I'm not only hitting more weight, but I'm hitting more weight for more reps.

185 also felt really solid. I just thought to myself "you've gotta hit it before Tim does bro." I'm sure it also helped that I had a real amatuer competitive bodybuilder working out next to me at the time I attempted it Man I can't wait to hit a 2 plate overhead press. That would be so dope!

I dunno what i'm more impressed with- that... 157.5 x 8 or the 185x2. Actually both- b/c hitting that 185 double after doing a very solid high rep set with almost 160 is pretty damn stout. You're delts are def getting strong. punk.

Definitely agree on the journal scene. it's sorta like some form of accountability and great to take motivation from others.

Super jelly of that Free Motion set of cables for rear delts. Def my favorite, wish we had one at my gym. Weights are so tough to gauge between diff cables and machines, but keep using the same one and you know you're improving

Awesome work on the SOHP!! Moving up into beast mode area!! I like it! Ill be there someday!

Beta-cret log Complete!)

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    subbed. in. subbed in.

strong ohp. going to be living vicariously through this.
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

Two great sessions: 240 x 12 going deep in the hole is great squatting (not to mention finishing off with 20 rep lunges) and 157.5 x 8 on the SOHP is huge. Your delts and traps are your best body part in your pics IMO and that lift shows why!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I dunno what i'm more impressed with- that... 157.5 x 8 or the 185x2. Actually both- b/c hitting that 185 double after doing a very solid high rep set with almost 160 is pretty damn stout. You're delts are def getting strong. punk.
    I hope you rage next time you hit SOHP because of it buddy Let's see how far we can take this lol.

Awesome work on the SOHP!! Moving up into beast mode area!! I like it! Ill be there someday!
    Thanks man. Keep at it and you'll get there. This summer I could hit 135 x 10, so I know I've definitely been improving. Just gotta stay patient nomsayin. I gotta check ur journal out soon too bro!

Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    subbed. in. subbed in.

strong ohp. going to be living vicariously through this.
    Glad to have u up in dis bish. I've been mirin your works in ur journal for awhile now, and always crack up when u post in the misc. Now I just gotta find some lift were comparable at to compete with u on

Two great sessions: 240 x 12 going deep in the hole is great squatting (not to mention finishing off with 20 rep lunges) and 157.5 x 8 on the SOHP is huge. Your delts and traps are your best body part in your pics IMO and that lift shows why!
    Thanks man. Ya I think it's funny b/c I swear since I've started my bulk and put on 20 lbs my shoulders are actually smaller than they were before when I was just doing hypertrophy training. Or maybe I just lost the vascularity... either way, tryin to have boulders for shoulder yamean.

Off to hit deadlifts tonight. Hoping to do big things!

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ah yes the misc. My forever alone posts.

I found "bulking" did the same to me. I think you're just insane though. You may have put weight on your chest/back/arms/mid section that just "shrink" the overall look of your delts. They're still hyoge.

Good luck with deadlifts. Get some heavy chit going.
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

I hope you rage next time you hit SOHP because of it buddy Let's see how far we can take this lol.

Off to hit deadlifts tonight. Hoping to do big things!
    I better see some fkn heavy chit when I check this journal tommorrow! and yeah, I have no problem with motivation. we are definitely going to take SOHP nuclear, ha

maybe you'll inspire me to do some DLs on Sunday

MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice pics and progress bro

I laughed at your 'about me' section. Nothing peculiar, but I felt like I was on a dating site for a sec

I better see some fkn heavy chit when I check this journal tommorrow! and yeah, I have no problem with motivation. we are definitely going to take SOHP nuclear, ha

maybe you'll inspire me to do some DLs on Sunday
    When I got home from the gym and ate I was bout ready to pass out, but then I read this and thought, "****, better get it up then..." lol. I read what u said in your journal about doign DLs during ski season. I totally feel u on that, so I guess I'll let you off the hook on this one

Originally Posted by MyAvatar View Post
    Nice pics and progress bro

I laughed at your 'about me' section. Nothing peculiar, but I felt like I was on a dating site for a sec
    Thanks dude. I mean, I am looking for a new companion.... :P

"What you deadlift kid?" "Bout tree fiddy"

Deadlift Day 12/8/11 9:00PM - 10:20PM

Today's PR was brought to you by:

Just recently rediscovered this song after not listening to it since like middle school or some shiet.

Deadlifts SS With Wide-Grip Pull-Ups
    165 x 5WU - 7
    205 x 5WU - 7
    245 x 3WU - 7
    265 x 5 - 7
    310 x 5 - 7
    350 x 10 P to da mafukkin R bishes

Glute-Ham Raises Off a Bench @ Lat Pull-Down Station
    BW x 6 PR
    BW x 6 PR
    BW x 5
    BW x 4+1

Like dis, minus the wall in the way lol:

Wide-Grip Pullups
    BW x 7
    BW x 6
    BW x 5

Chest-Supported T-Bar Rows
    70 x 12WU
    90 x 8WU

1-Arm DB Rows
    90 x 9
    90 x 10

Weighted Hyper Extensions
    45 x 12
    45 x 12
    70 x 11
    90 x 12

Afterwards, 5 minutes on foam roller, 20 mins on stationary bike @ 140 pulse, and 10 mins stretching

Notes

BTW when I write the workout time at the top of the post, that doesn't include about 5-10 minutes of foam rolling + 5 min light cardio warmup I do before I hit the weights, or any stretching/foam rolling/cardio afterwards.

Was really psyched about hitting 350 for 10 reps on the DL. Until tonight, I never really understood how people could "hitch" on a deadlift like I'd seen in videos - it just had never happened to me before. However on my very last rep I almost had to hitch it up. Maybe I just wasn't goin HAM until now. Amidoinitright? lol. Last month I hit 340x10, and the month before 330x11. Deadlifts for me are like 75% mental though tho. I just kept telling myself "you're hittin just as many reps on Bench/Squat/SOHP days as you were in previous months with more weight, so why da fuk can't u do it with DL too?" That helped. My grip was DEAD by the last couple reps. Afterwards I thought to myself "people like NWskiier and AirforceV row dat weight for reps." Feelsbadman

Pretty excited about the G-H raises off the bench. Up until last month I had only been doin them on the ground with my feet locked under a benchpress station, so at the bottom of the ROM I would be just slightly above parallel with the ground. Now doin em at the lat station I go down way beyond parallel. Dat Shiet is a brutal freakin exercise if there ever was one. I see a total of zero fukkin people doin em at my gym. I always get strange looks when I drag the smitch machine bench all the way over to the lat pulldown station and do them (don't worry - I'm not a complete douche: I always go late at night on DL days and there's no one every using the smitch machine at that time). You ever heard of powerlifting, u pussys? :P

Once again, I have to reiterate how freakin dead my grip was after deadlifts. For the first 2 months of this program I've been tryin to use no straps at all in order to build grip strength, but twice this week I've found myself giving in and usin em (BB shrugs yesterday, and today on the DB rows). Doin the pullups my grip always gives out before my back, but I wanna continue to use no straps on this. As long as I can get over 50 total reps, I aint trippin

T-bar rows: Haven't done em in a long time, and they felt way off tonight. Pullin any amount of weight with my stomach on a pad just made me feel bloated as fuark - maybe from the 8+ ounces of xtend I had already drank, but it did not feel good so I gave up on em before hittin any real weight and decided to just hit a few sets of DB rows instead. Back was freakin dead by that point anyway...

Huge final set on the deads: 350 x 10.
    I love the GHRs - I do them the same way, but no way would I manage them after deadlifting - my lower back would be screaming!
    Weighted hypers to finish would have had me carried out of the gym.

Great session!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs