sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much muscle do you guys lose while cutting?

How much muscle do you guys lose while cutting and what are some tips for maintaining it as much as possible. I know that is a vague question but for example from 20% to 15% body fat do you guys lose any muscle and if so is it trace amounts like not even a lb or is losing some lbm going to happen no matter what? What about from 15% to single digits is muscle loss pretty much guaranteed, if not what do you guys do?

JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    some muscle loss is going to happen on a caloric deficit.
    John Lee: www.********.com/johnleepage

Follow me on Twitter: @JohnLeeAries

Live life with purpose and pleasure will follow.

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Call me a genetic freak, but I really didn't lose much. Most of my lifts stayed the same or increased while I was cutting. While I am sure there was some muscle loss, my diet and training was so fine-tuned, it was minimal.
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's when you get down to the single digits of body fat when losing muscle seems to be more of an issue while dieting.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends on the individual and his body fat level/set point, diet, training and hormonal environment. Typically, I do not lose strength until the bitter end when I have to really start dropping calories to move the last few lbs. But I think a lot of that strength loss comes with the depletion of glycogen because it comes back very rapidly with an increase in calories/carbs.

The general formula for as little muscle loss as possible while cutting is to keep your calorie deficit small. Keep your training volume in check for proper recovery while maintaining heavy lifts/high intensity. Keep the ratio of protein/carbs/fats in your "sweet spot" for maximum energy while in the gym and recovery outside of the gym.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber3478 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Depends on the individual and his body fat level/set point, diet, training and hormonal environment. Typically, I do not lose strength until the bitter end when I have to really start dropping calories to move the last few lbs. But I think a lot of that strength loss comes with the depletion of glycogen because it comes back very rapidly with an increase in calories/carbs.

The general formula for as little muscle loss as possible while cutting is to keep your calorie deficit small. Keep your training volume in check for proper recovery while maintaining heavy lifts/high intensity. Keep the ratio of protein/carbs/fats in your "sweet spot" for maximum energy while in the gym and recovery outside of the gym.
    I agree with you. I personally found that slowly cutting calories will help overall.

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are an experienced lifter, I'd say you can really guage your muscle loss easily by monitoring your strength. Chances are, if you don't really lose any strength during your cut, you'll probably not have lost significant muscle mass
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!