BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smith Machine as an accessory for Squats?

I always considered the smith squat dangerous but I thought tonight it might be useful for practicing bar path movement as an accessory exercise for squats.
    I feel like if I used light weight, placed the bar on my mid traps same as a bb squat and just focused on how my body moves if the bar is 'ideal' and straight up and down, I can transfer this awareness to the BB squat and fix maybe some imbalances.
    Thoughts?

LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeanNick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use the smith machine to really get those ass to grass squats in, where i can get as low as possible and be safe from falling back, the machine kinda goes on an angle which is weird but you get used to it
    Lost 65 pounds, now i'm on the journey to gain a lot of it back but in muscle

I play basketball for high school, with aspiration to take it to college

Happy lifting my friends

amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BtchW8 View Post
    I always considered the smith squat dangerous but I thought tonight it might be useful for practicing bar path movement as an accessory exercise for squats.
    I feel like if I used light weight, placed the bar on my mid traps same as a bb squat and just focused on how my body moves if the bar is 'ideal' and straight up and down, I can transfer this awareness to the BB squat and fix maybe some imbalances.
    Thoughts?
    The bar path for the squat should be completely vertical. Obviously there might be some horizontal movement, but ideally it should be 100% vertical. A smith machine isn't going to allow you to do that since the bars are not straight up and down. If anything I see you learning an improper bar path and possibly even balance issues since you won't have to balance yourself when tethered to the machine.

If you want to ingrain the bar path then just do light squats, focusing on keeping the bar path 100% vertical. Record yourself if you can and watch the video to verify you are keeping it vertical.

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    they are completely different your ass is going to sit further back on smith
    PM me for workout advice Ladies
    * Conservative Crew *
    ❤King Brady Bearer of the 6 Rings Crew❤
    BvB
    *Bigger chest than female miscers Crew*
    *Team Putin*

wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just make sure your feet are a few inches in front of your body on squats.

The smith can be very effective to exhaust muscles as stabilising muscles give out before the large ones... ie bench etc..
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171245071&pagenumber=

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, go ahead and do smith squats. You just need to realize the differences that are involved. To properly do a smith squat you need to have your feet in front of you. if you try to keep them under you as with a conventional back squat, you run into all the problems that people spew about smith squats being dangerous, hard on the joints, unnatural, etc etc.

Smith squats are generally more quad dominant due to the foot placement. However, just like with leg press you can sway emphasis by moving them around. If you place your feet farther ahead and in a wider stance you will get more ham activation. Also you are able to go amazingly low and literally touch your butt to the ground if you'd like and get excellent glute activation.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    OP, go ahead and do smith squats. You just need to realize the differences that are involved. To properly do a smith squat you need to have your feet in front of you. if you try to keep them under you as with a conventional back squat, you run into all the problems that people spew about smith squats being dangerous, hard on the joints, unnatural, etc etc.

Smith squats are generally more quad dominant due to the foot placement. However, just like with leg press you can sway emphasis by moving them around. If you place your feet farther ahead and in a wider stance you will get more ham activation. Also you are able to go amazingly low and literally touch your butt to the ground if you'd like and get excellent glute activation.
    ^ need to spread some more rep around, but this man is spitting the truth.

In my experience, you'll naturally end up with your feet a little further ahead as you do your reps, because you're body will want to be comfortable. I do not go far enough ahead that it looks like a wall sit, however. Just enough to get a similar distance to pushing my butt back and leaning forward slightly on a squat.

Word of advice: if no weight is listed on the machine, assume it is 0 pound bar. Otherwise use listed weight for bar weight (usually 15lbs)