collegelifter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing inches but staying roughly the same weight

I have been maintaining about a 500 calorie deficit the last 4 weeks or so to cut to 10% BF and over that time my pants have gotten an inch or two looser. I normally wear a 33-32 but even those are big on me now. I started at about 183 with about 13-15% body fat and I fluctuate with 3 or 4 pounds either way. Strength has been maintained or even gone up on a few lifts. I've been lifting for quite a while so I'm suspicious that I am actual gaining muscle on a deficit, even though I'm getting about 1g of protein per LB of body weight. I feel a tad leaner and look a little leaner. Anyone have this happen to them?

Sidenote...I figured my TEE to be around 2700 to 2800 so I've been eating 2200-2300. I think I may be about 200 to 300 calories too high for what I should be but I'm still losing inches just not really pounds. Just don't know why haha...

NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by collegelifter1 View Post
    I have been maintaining about a 500 calorie deficit the last 4 weeks or so to cut to 10% BF and over that time my pants have gotten an inch or two looser. I normally wear a 33-32 but even those are big on me now. I started at about 183 with about 13-15% body fat and I fluctuate with 3 or 4 pounds either way. Strength has been maintained or even gone up on a few lifts. I've been lifting for quite a while so I'm suspicious that I am actual gaining muscle on a deficit, even though I'm getting about 1g of protein per LB of body weight. I feel a tad leaner and look a little leaner. Anyone have this happen to them?

Sidenote...I figured my TEE to be around 2700 to 2800 so I've been eating 2200-2300. I think I may be about 200 to 300 calories too high for what I should be but I'm still losing inches just not really pounds. Just don't know why haha...
    Nice recomp. Happens to me when I ease up on my deficit for awhile and eat a few more cals. Be happpy - a real recomp is like finding a unicorn or something

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NHSport View Post
    Nice recomp. Happens to me when I ease up on my deficit for awhile and eat a few more cals. Be happpy - a real recomp is like finding a unicorn or something
    Yes, finding the recomp "pocket" is tough. If you're happy then good! Like you said, if you want to start dropping weight or losing faster, drop your cals another 300 and count accurately. Never fails.
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

Yeah I mean when I started this cut I expected to lose pounds as well because in the past, I went from 200 to 180 in a summer. Didn't count cals, just ate right and did alot of running. So I'm kinda thrown off when I'm loosing inches but staying the same weight. Today I was 183 again. Same when I started middle of October . As long as my bf drops I guess I don't really care if I stay where I am.

Registered User PrimalMuscleFit's Avatar
    PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PrimalMuscleFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Continue to cut calories but also consider a supplement of some sort to help expedite the process. I would suggest Lipotase. I saw results in about 3 days.
    http://www.primalmuscle.com/affiliates.asp?utm_source=Forum%2B&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=Primal

Aifanmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aifanmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aifanmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aifanmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aifanmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aifanmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aifanmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aifanmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aifanmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think im having the same thing for me, with the difference that im above 20% bf

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PrimalMuscleFit View Post
    Continue to cut calories but also consider a supplement of some sort to help expedite the process. I would suggest Lipotase. I saw results in about 3 days.
    don't listen. no supplement necessary unless you like seeing money leave your wallet.
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

Originally Posted by cunfewzed View Post
    don't listen. no supplement necessary unless you like seeing money leave your wallet.

My thinking as well. I only use a multi, protein, and I'm ordering some creatine to help with strength. Fat burners to me are a waste

cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10) cilenamo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NHSport View Post
    Be happpy - a real recomp is like finding a unicorn or something
    Thats just fkn hilarious!
    Do Work Son!

Given what I've told you guys, here are a few pics to show you guys what I'm talking about...taken at the start of my cut/recomp. Do you think I have enough mass to continue to cut?
    Attached Images

Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin23454 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cunfewzed View Post
    There are supps. that work/help if you need/want it. If not just stick with what you are doing (EC stack works)
    ~Barefooters Crew~

"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level" - Bruce Lee

“It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
    ― Bruce Lee

“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.”
    - Bruce Lee

RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian