Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well I now have a video, but its in 3gpp format (taken with my android). So I'll have to find a different way to post a video.
    Chuck Hayen

Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chuckiechuck View Post
    Please see post #27.
    My opinion is you should train a hybrid bodybuilding/power routine. At your level you need to strengthen and build from any and all angles. This goes for every lift. Higher volume on assistance and accessory work, only doing the squat as a bodybuilder would like 4 sets of 8-10 followed by adequate accessory lifts with adeuquate volume. Email me if you want more details edebus242@hotmail.com. This is the way I trained and what made my squat finally start moving. Before that I had a 200lb difference between squat and dead
    NEW ERA FITNESS
    Contact me at edebus242@hotmail.com for information on working with me on your program and diet plan.

nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Eddie Debus View Post
    My opinion is you should train a hybrid bodybuilding/power routine. At your level you need to strengthen and build from any and all angles. This goes for every lift. Higher volume on assistance and accessory work, only doing the squat as a bodybuilder would like 4 sets of 8-10 followed by adequate accessory lifts with adeuquate volume. Email me if you want more details edebus242@hotmail.com. This is the way I trained and what made my squat finally start moving. Before that I had a 200lb difference between squat and dead
    2 items I am going to throw out. From a 40 yr old with 5 kids. You don't need to squat more than once or twice a week to build a squat. What is more important is like what everyone said... Form. Look at your shins when you are at bottom. Your shins should be perpendicular to the ground..straight up and down. Knees should not be over toes, but rather behind them. Keep torso upright.. Don't clam shell. Squat back not down. If for is right u simply may need more accessory work for your squat than average. What do I mean by that? Good mornings, stiff legged deadlifts, and ab/hamstring work.

I am not an expert by any means, but I am an honest 565 squatter at 40 years old with 5 kids, and I can tell you what I had to do to get there. Good luck my friend. You will get it.

chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nsurdis View Post
    2 items I am going to throw out. From a 40 yr old with 5 kids. You don't need to squat more than once or twice a week to build a squat. What is more important is like what everyone said... Form. Look at your shins when you are at bottom. Your shins should be perpendicular to the ground..straight up and down. Knees should not be over toes, but rather behind them. Keep torso upright.. Don't clam shell. Squat back not down. If for is right u simply may need more accessory work for your squat than average. What do I mean by that? Good mornings, stiff legged deadlifts, and ab/hamstring work.

I am not an expert by any means, but I am an honest 565 squatter at 40 years old with 5 kids, and I can tell you what I had to do to get there. Good luck my friend. You will get it.
    Thank you! I wish I could post this vid. When I looked at the video I noticed my knees do not travel past my toes, but they do come close to them. My shins are not perpendicular to the ground. l tried squatting without any weight, and I have to hold on to something to prevent falling backwards in order to keep my shins perpendicular (unless I lean forward a bunch). Will the accessory exercises work help this? An important note is that I am squatting high bar. I tried some low bar positions during my warm-ups yesterday, but I could not find one that worked yet.
    Chuck Hayen

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nor will you be able to squat like that without a suit and/or a box.

If your knees are at about your toes, that is just fine for raw squats:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRRijTU86aU
    www.PowerliftingToWin.com

Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you! I wish I could post this vid. When I looked at the video I noticed my knees do not travel past my toes, but they do come close to them. My shins are not perpendicular to the ground. l tried squatting without any weight, and I have to hold on to something to prevent falling backwards in order to keep my shins perpendicular (unless I lean forward a bunch). Will the accessory exercises work help this? An important note is that I am squatting high bar. I tried some low bar positions during my warm-ups yesterday, but I could not find one that worked yet.
    unless u squat super wide your shins can never be perpendicular to the ground. if theyre at or slightly behind your toes your fine. Just initiate the squat with hips back, then sit down. I love how everyone gets all jazzed up throwing out form critiques. number 1) raw you need to squat more like an olympic style squat to move big weight unles ur 300lbs. 2) form 9 times out of 10 will not be perfect when your lifting circa maximal weights. So focus on form all you want but itll go right out the window above 85%. Just dont have form on anything thats dangerous from a leverage/injury view.

and everyones leverages and form will be different. There is no set squat form. Just saying your shins should be striaght and u should be back on your heels is like saying everyone needs to start with their hips low to deadlift correctly. its bull****
    NEW ERA FITNESS
    Contact me at edebus242@hotmail.com for information on working with me on your program and diet plan.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    you can upload 3gpp directly from your phone to youtube using android. there is no need to do anything but hit "share" and youtube.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Originally Posted by IzzyT View Post
    Nor will you be able to squat like that without a suit and/or a box.

If your knees are at about your toes, that is just fine for raw squats:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRRijTU86aU

Thanks for the vid! I am feeling much better about my form. Last Monday I took a little wider stance and felt pretty good about it.
    Chuck Hayen

nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the vid! I am feeling much better about my form. Last Monday I took a little wider stance and felt pretty good about it.
    Everyone will have an opinion here.. But what I am telling you is the more upright you can keep your shins, the less pressure on your knees, and the more your posterior glute-ham chain is used, and the less you are squatting with your quads. The glute ham chain is much stronger to squat with. And it can be done without a box and without a suit. Squatting like that without a bar will feel like you are going to fall over because you have no bar to counterbalance the weight. When u are squatting the bar will stay over your feet keeping u upright .. While you squat BACK.

Ultimately u have to be comfortable with what fits your body squat style.. But keeping your knees behind your toes is any power lifters goal. Raw or not.

beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are stuck at 180 lbs at a bodyweight of 217 and are not experiencing issues with pain/mobility, then the issue is undoubtedly mostly mental. Your problem is that you are being a pussy.

coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by beardofstars View Post
    If you are stuck at 180 lbs at a bodyweight of 217 and are not experiencing issues with pain/mobility, then the issue is undoubtedly mostly mental. Your problem is that you are being a pussy.
    This. Even with bad form there is no reason why a grown ass man can't train up at least his body weight without stalling. I trained up to over 1.5x my weight without having f*cking clue what I was doing.
    615/385/635

Originally Posted by coachdeez View Post
    This. Even with bad form there is no reason why a grown ass man can't train up at least his body weight without stalling. I trained up to over 1.5x my weight without having f*cking clue what I was doing.
    If you guys don't have anything constructive to say, please hold off commenting until I can get this vid posted. Plus, I dont weigh 217. And I am now squatting 190. I will add that my lower body is disproportionate to my upper body in regards to size and development. My point is I'm not looking for insults. I am aware of the issue and I am trying to work it out.
    Chuck Hayen

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A raw squatter needs to use as much muscle mass as possible in order to move as big of weights as possible. This necessitates some forward travel of the knee. It is true that a well-developed posterior chain is, and should be, stronger than the quads, but to take the quads out of the movement completely only hurts poundages without a suit. It isn't about quads vs. PC; it is about using both in the most effective manner possible. For many, this is going to be with knees at about their toes.

Watch Malan squat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUUJcj7Ct5c

Really, just go to this page and look at the youtube videos of all the raw world records:
    http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world

There is some forward tracking of the knee in all of them because you need your quads for max weights.
    www.PowerliftingToWin.com

Ok so I hope this link youtube link works. This was my first set of 3. My form started breaking down at reps 3-5 here. In my final set I was only able to complete 3 and the 3rd one was not pretty but not to failure either. You can see what I mean about my lower half being disproportionate to my upper half. For those who dont read this whole thread, keep in mind im on week 7 of SS. Please also note that the last time I was consistent at the gym was over 5 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmjleU6tzCw
    Chuck Hayen

Ok so I hope this link youtube link works. This was my first set of 3. My form started breaking down at reps 3-5 here. In my final set I was only able to complete 3 and the 3rd one was not pretty but not to failure either. You can see what I mean about my lower half being disproportionate to my upper half. For those who dont read this whole thread, keep in mind im on week 7 of SS. Please also note that the last time I was consistent at the gym was over 5 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmjleU6tzCw
    Turns out my camera man was not very good. Sorry for any stiff necks, lol.
    Chuck Hayen

koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're letting your chest drop and your lower back round at the bottom of each rep, and it's getting worse as your reps go. Aside from that, doesn't look bad. Why are you even complaining that it's stalled? If your best was a set of 225 and you're only 30 pounds short of that after a few weeks of training, I don't see what the issue is.
    314/231/352/881@123

Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your back is rounding. It looks like your high bar. And your attitude reminds me of someone that is going to sit down for a cup of tea. The descent was too slow.
    I don't care.

Originally Posted by koyongi View Post
    You're letting your chest drop and your lower back round at the bottom of each rep, and it's getting worse as your reps go. Aside from that, doesn't look bad. Why are you even complaining that it's stalled? If your best was a set of 225 and you're only 30 pounds short of that after a few weeks of training, I don't see what the issue is.
    Thanks for the input. The reason for the complaint was that when I was squatting 225, I was also benching 325. I was using bill star so I was increasing weight each week by 2% on every lift. This meant while i was getting stronger on every lift, my strength would never become proportionate. So while it is still early this time around, I want to make my squats more in line with my other lifts thinking it will be easier while the weights are still relatively light.
    Chuck Hayen

Originally Posted by Liftamulti View Post
    Your back is rounding. It looks like your high bar. And your attitude reminds me of someone that is going to sit down for a cup of tea. The descent was too slow.
    Your right, high bar it is. And I have wondered about my descent, thanks. About the tea, sure tea is good but I like coffee. But really, I just get annoyed when people take unnecessary stabs (seems pretty popular here). I think of my self as a good person and will give you the shirt off my back if you need it.
    Chuck Hayen

koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the input. The reason for the complaint was that when I was squatting 225, I was also benching 325. I was using bill star so I was increasing weight each week by 2% on every lift. This meant while i was getting stronger on every lift, my strength would never become proportionate. So while it is still early this time around, I want to make my squats more in line with my other lifts thinking it will be easier while the weights are still relatively light.
    Your easy gains will likely run out on your bench long before they do on squat and deadlift, so I wouldn't worry about it at this point.
    314/231/352/881@123

That's funny I actually hit all your numbers as A 198 er when I was 15 years old. Actually more cus I benched 325 raw. So your pretty pathetic aren't you?

Sorry just don't like seeing someone bashing any lifter looking for advice at any level. We all start somewhere so don't be a prick
    NEW ERA FITNESS

Your right, high bar it is. And I have wondered about my descent, thanks. About the tea, sure tea is good but I like coffee. But really, I just get annoyed when people take unnecessary stabs (seems pretty popular here). I think of my self as a good person and will give you the shirt off my back if you need it.
    If u need help with a program email me chuck. I'll help you out as long as you spread the word about how groundbreakingly incredible my wisdom is lol
    NEW ERA FITNESS

coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's funny I actually hit all your numbers as A 198 er when I was 15 years old. Actually more cus I benched 325 raw. So your pretty pathetic aren't you?

Sorry just don't like seeing someone bashing any lifter looking for advice at any level. We all start somewhere so don't be a prick
    Didn't mean it as a bash. Maybe my attitude is a little rough around the edges but maybe people get overly sensitive too. I'm just saying that at his level of strength a lack of progress is probably the result of a lack of effort. This is assuming that he has no major issues.

As far as my strength levels, I know that I'm still weak. Hell, I'm weaker than the average 181 lifter in these forums. I've only been lifting like this since July and I have made some good progress so far. Good job on your lifts though...strong sh*t for a teenager.
    Last edited by coachdeez; 12-07-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    615/385/635

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i think your form looks pretty damn good actually.
    i dont no anything about starting strength but maybe its not for u.i think breathing squats would help u out quite abit.
    5/3/1 is good,also front squats r always good in my opinion.
    yes coffee is very good.
    also here is some reps because your a solid dude.
    Magic wand,MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOWWWW!!!!!!!!-Rita Repulsa

M
    Didn't mean it as a bash. Maybe my attitude is a little rough around the edges but maybe people get overly sensitive too. I'm just saying that at his level of strength a lack of progress is probably the result of a lack of effort. This is assuming that he has no major issues.

As far as my strength levels, I know that I'm still weak. Hell, I'm weaker than the average 181Mm'lifter in these forums. I've only been lifting like this since July and I have made some good progress so far. Good job on your lifts though...strong sh*t for a teenager.
    Just remember everyone should be here to talk about the sport and help and learn from each other. Otherwise the forums turn into a bunch of people bashing each other and it becomes useless. If you have something constructive to add fire away but try not to say stuff that will just make someone feel bad and possibly not post here anymore.

And I wasn't really calling you weak. Like I said we all start somewhere. I just saw like 3 posts here with people calling him a pussy and other stupid crap. Just help the kid out he might say something that you learn from down the road.
    NEW ERA FITNESS

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    M

Just remember everyone should be here to talk about the sport and help and learn from each other. Otherwise the forums turn into a bunch of people bashing each other and it becomes useless. If you have something constructive to add fire away but try not to say stuff that will just make someone feel bad and possibly not post here anymore.

And I wasn't really calling you weak. Like I said we all start somewhere. I just saw like 3 posts here with people calling him a pussy and other stupid crap. Just help the kid out he might say something that you learn from down the road.
    thats a pretty righteous looking back.
    do u have a log?i need to bring mine up.
    Magic wand,MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOWWWW!!!!!!!!-Rita Repulsa

Originally Posted by kinggorilla View Post
    thats a pretty righteous looking back.
    do u have a log?i need to bring mine up.
    Yeah it's in the log section. I'd post a link but I can't copy paste well with my iPad lol. It's called got invited to lift at the la fit expo..
    NEW ERA FITNESS

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    x2 on back rounding, droping chest and slow decent.

You'll notice that the barbell drifts forward as you get to the bottom of the squat and this puts extra strain on your lower back on the assent. Fix the above issues and keep the weight back on your heels and you will find it a lot easier. Looks pretty good other than that.

NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000)
    if your squat is still getting stronger and all you're worrying about is your bench being higher then just carry on, eventually everything will shape up properly when your bench needs to be progressed slower and your squat catches up

M

This! Like I said, Ive been away for a few years. The reason I came back to this site was from my experience years ago with All Pro, John Prophet, and others. Not sure if they are still around, but they were an informative group of guys for people that were willing to listen.
    Chuck Hayen