lydaugherty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just making sure I'm doing it right

I have used the search button and soaked up everything I could find, but I have mixed answers to my
    curiosity of creatine.

Basically: I am 190lbs 40% bodyfat. I am kickstarting my metabolism with weight training instead of
    going the cardiojunkie route. I am totally new to bodybuilding and all the supplements that go with this stuff.

I've got major junk in the trunk but want to build muscle. From what I understand, Creatine helps build muscle?
    I've also read that, and I quote, "Creatine prevents FAT burn, and makes your body only burn the carbohydrates thus making
    fat-loss almost impossible" ? (This is why I am now confused, thus this post)

I have no problem with just weight training, as I have cleaned up my diet and I am really active in life anyway,
    so until I want to work on cardio conditioning, I am not too concerned at this moment with cardiojunkie cardio.
    My cleaned up diet in itself has already lost me 25lbs.

But right now, I am really loving this bodybuilding stuff. I like muscles! *flex*

So basically, should I creatine or not?

I really don't care if the number on the scale moves or not, basically - will I still lose the FAT?

Thanks so much for helping a little newbie like me :-) Just trying to learn, don't bite me!
    Last edited by lydaugherty; 12-03-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Creatine doesn't "prevent fat burn" or make you "burn only carbs". That's crazy. It doesn't build muscle by itself either, but what it can do is give your muscles a little more fuel to help you get a few more reps in (maybe), which will in turn help you with gaining muscle.

It's a solid supplement and it's cheap. 3-5g a day is all you need.

Sounds good. Thanks very much, Blackjack68.

PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nothing wrong with after weight training throwing in 20-30 minutes of a low intensity cardio to speed up fat loss.... (walking on a high incline)
    Romans 8:18; Nothing worth having comes easy.

Originally Posted by PrepFootball View Post
    Nothing wrong with after weight training throwing in 20-30 minutes of a low intensity cardio to speed up fat loss.... (walking on a high incline)
    This is true! I'm not totally against cardio! I guess i sounded that way didn't I? Oops!

bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Creatine is definitely fine to use and do recommend it. It will not affect any weight loss goals, contrary to what you may have read or heard.
    Here is a creatine to check out that may be a perfect fit for you....http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aap/fem.html

Also congrats on what you have achieved already, just make sure to stay on top of your diet to continue obtaining results. Also I know you have clarified that your not against cardio but keeping 15-20 minutes either first thing in the morning or after your workout a few days a week will help keep your metabolsim boosted.
    AI Sports Nutrition Dir. of Sales/Marketing

Save 20% off on all AI Sports Nutrition products when you go to checkout all month long.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm

********.com/AISportsNutrition

Subscribe to our newsletter at http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As others have said, creatine is fine to use when cutting weight. It doesn't inhibit fat loss. It will just take your muscles a little longer to reach fatigue in a weight lifting setting.

HOWEVER, please visit the nutrition section and check out your diet. Your exercise will mean nothing if your diet isn't in check. Read the stickied posts there, it turns out that a good diet isn't that hard to have - you don't even have to cut out sweets completely.
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results - Dr. John Berardi