Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Do you think schit has gone too far regarding unions?

I am not flame baiting so please keep this civil. The whole American Airlines fiasco has got me thinking that companies will take drastic measures to keep their operating costs down (Which in the case of AMR is out of control). I have looked a little bit into some of the union demands and they seem a bit off the wall.

They have a retirement fund aka 401K + get pensions, medical, dental, salary, overtime, etc..

What more do you union bros want? I think that 401K + Pension is BS, double retirement funding?
    *Stopped smoking crew* 2 years and 5 month bishes, and counting.*

*Founder of the, "I hate cold weather!" crew*

Your dreams should never be better than your life. - Karl Pilkington

GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GordonAkman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First.

cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stab, when are you taking me out for Asian food and sex?
    NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS
    RED BULL RACING

Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by cobhc View Post
    Stab, when are you taking me out for Asian food and sex?
    I will buy dinner but my husband gets to do you, (no homo on his part). Srs though, we need to hit up some good eateries.

cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think they should just arrest all workers who strike

I mean how dare they try to get better wages

Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love em to be honest - raw on sandwhiches or salads...stir fried up...Hnnnnggggggggg

cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Staberella View Post
    I will buy dinner but my husband gets to do you, (no homo on his part). Srs though, we need to hit up some good eateries.
    If I bring a girl for him, can we swap?
    NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS
    RED BULL RACING

fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fovargoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Couldn't agree more. I just started working for a oil company that is a union. I'm an engineer so I'm not in that group but I don't see how the fk the unions are complaining? A majority of them didn't go/graduate from college so why are they bitching when they honestly make 60K+ more than me a year (from the majority of folks I've talk to, they easily make 100K-130k+ a year)

Brb salaried non-union working 70+hours a week with no overtime while you break the fking bank
    Extreme Pull-Ups Crew: 260lb 1rep max pull-up

Originally Posted by fovargoo View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I just started working for a oil company that is a union. I'm an engineer so I'm not in that group but I don't see how the fk the unions are complaining? A majority of them didn't go/graduate from college so why are they bitching when they honestly make 60K+ more than me a year
    My husband is a media broadcast engineer and a section of his company is unionized, not the engineers or techs though.

BRB $25 per hour plus double overtime (No experience required, or even a degree)

BRB medical, dental, health, and vision

BRB $20 daily meal voucher

BRB 401K

BRB more holidays than salaried employees.

BRB bishing that they have to work more than 8 hours daily.

GTFO

icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm currently a union employee, have a mechanical engineering degree, make over $100k a year, and am still planning on moving into management sometime in the near future.

Nothing worse than having two masters.
    --- ICECUBE FROG NEG CREW ---

--- DOESN'T LIFT, DOESN'T TAN CREW ---

cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeezles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fovargoo View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I just started working for a oil company that is a union. I'm an engineer so I'm not in that group but I don't see how the fk the unions are complaining? A majority of them didn't go/graduate from college so why are they bitching when they honestly make 60K+ more than me a year (from the majority of folks I've talk to, they easily make 100K-130k+ a year)

Brb salaried non-union working 70+hours a week with no overtime while you break the fking bank
    why don't you start a union? you are being exploited and you are complaining that other workers arn't just taking it like a good boy.

enginear powa

Originally Posted by cheeezles View Post
    why don't you start a union? you are being exploited and you are complaining that other workers arn't just taking it like a good boy.

enginear powa
    I think that he was talking more along the lines of entitlement attitudes killing jobs and profitability.

Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    brb selling cigs

I kept saying that he was frauding and that the cam was looped and that there was no way that he could OD on 16 mgs of *****. I thought he was just on another ***** bender since he was a self professed self medicator. I didn't realize that he had mixed a whole bunch of other pills and alcohol as well. I didn't even believe it was real until the cops busted in. I feel like ****. In my defense though, I only saw the last 20 minutes or so of the broadcast.

I feel terrible. RIP CJ, I'm sorry I doubted you and I'm sorry that there wasn't something I could have done to help you.

Genius With A Headache AceOfJacks's Avatar
    AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AceOfJacks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    DOWN WITH ONIONS!!!!

To smy:

BRB not being a POS tax mooch.

Look at this schit, if AMR doesn't comply to the union demands guess who has to pay the ridiculous pensions? That's right EVERY TAX PAYER in the U.S.!

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ae535ad4-1...44feabdc0.html

icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000) icfpny is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think that he was talking more along the lines of entitlement attitudes killing jobs and profitability.
    Nothing wrong with this when it happens in the private sector. If the union demands too much and management caves, the company suffers and possibly fails -- this is a natural check and balance that works whenever there is no government involvement.

I strongly, however, disagree with public employee unions.

Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by icfpny View Post
    Nothing wrong with this when it happens in the private sector. If the union demands too much and management caves, the company suffers and possibly fails -- this is a natural check and balance that works whenever there is no government involvement.

This along with as long as private companies don't get bailed out by government to continue.
    This is our world now...the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud.

"A dollar doesn't seem like much till its your last one." - skinny buckeye

Well the pilot's union has made it all of our problems, if AMR doesn't pay, WE DO! Thank God I flipped that POS this morning for a small profit.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ae535ad4-1...44feabdc0.html

RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuggersUK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unions will always ask for more than what they expect, gives them room to bargain and makes the company feel like they're bringing them down...

p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) p7nk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If i owned a comany, i would never hire union workers. unions are modern day mafias

Registered Snoozer doylertheoiler's Avatar
    doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just got a fabrication quote for a piece of a equipment at our plant (which is union too). Had two companies put in a bid, guess which company was half the price and half the lead time for the same item.

Unions ruin production and drive customers away to non union competitors. I'll be awarding the project to the cheaper, non union fab shop.
    ***Canadian Crew***

"Doin’ lines on the dash of mama’s Silverado with a piss-stained, rolled up drinking fine
    The keys are in the truck, and the truck’s in the harbour, with a Colt 45 and daddy’s moonshine"

Originally Posted by doylertheoiler View Post
    Just got a fabrication quote for a piece of a equipment at our plant (which is union too). Had two companies put in a bid, guess which company was half the price and half the lead time for the same item.

Unions ruin production and drive customers away to non union competitors. I'll be awarding the project to the cheaper, non union fab shop.
    Repped. Reasons why in your CP.

Originally Posted by p7nk View Post
    If i owned a comany, i would never hire union workers. unions are modern day mafias
    What started with good intentions such as preventing slavery and exploitation of children went wrong and made generations of entitlement minded people that will refuse to work if they don't get what their higher ups want.

I don't blame the workers, I blame the higher ups that sold out for a few bucks.

The craziest union schit I saw was my husband's old buddy that worked for the city, their union striked and he has 3 kids. He went for weeks without pay, and we gave him money to buy his kids food and clothing. Sick schit imo, let the workers starve so that the higher ups can get a larger piece of that pie. SHAME

Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pay_Me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What started with good intentions such as preventing slavery and exploitation of children went wrong and made generations of entitlement minded people that will refuse to work if they don't get what their higher ups want.

I don't blame the workers, I blame the higher ups that sold out for a few bucks.

The craziest union schit I saw was my husband's old buddy that worked for the city, their union striked and he has 3 kids. He went for weeks without pay, and we gave him money to buy his kids food and clothing. Sick schit imo, let the workers starve so that the higher ups can get a larger piece of that pie. SHAME
    Interesting because every union worker I knew purposely set aside money, and this was member's of my family that worked for a city union. Because they knew it could happen, it happened every few years. So why didn't he expect it and save money?
    This is our world now...the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud.

"A dollar doesn't seem like much till its your last one." - skinny buckeye

I'll probably have to go on strike in mid-2012, I'm not looking forward to it at all. The worst thing about it: I have to stick around to occasionally picket, so no free vacation days.

Taking a month or two off from work really does destroy some of these idiots; you'd be surprised how few people make sound financial decisions, even when they're making $140k a year. brb can't afford gas for either of my BMWs since I didn't get paid this week.

I'll probably have to go on strike in mid-2012, I'm not looking forward to it at all. The worst thing about it: I have to stick around to occasionally picket, so no free vacation days.

Taking a month or two off from work really does destroy some of these idiots; you'd be surprised how few people make sound financial decisions, even when they're making $140k a year. brb can't afford gas for either of my BMWs since I didn't get paid this week.
    I feel for you, it is a schitty situation to be in. Someone telling you that you cannot work because they want to line their pockets, PLUS you pay into this BS. Also the "guaranteed salary" that unions promise their workers is BS, you can bet your ass that the fat phucks will be collecting a check while you starve.

As for the idiots that you work with, this union crap breeds that entitlement attitide I was talking about, so they have no sense of saving, nor investing. Easy come, easy go.

bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    saw this on FB:

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of water, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to ensure their safety and that they work as advertised. All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry. In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for the laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It's noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FDIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression. Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime. Joe is home from work.

He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."
    XBOX LIVE GT: bloodthorne

Originally Posted by bloodthorne View Post
    saw this on FB:
    Re: Joe.

There was a place and time where Unions made a difference but now Unions have become so corrupt that they might as well run this country, oh wait they do!

It started as, "Let's make sure the children are safe and nobody is getting beaten the fuk up in the factories." to "Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhh we want stock options and a salary we don't work for when we get too old to work since we were too dumb to save or invest!"

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    unionized electrical workers protested at my high school for weeks because they lost a bid on a huge project but guess what, everything regarding the bids was public info and the non union electrical company who got the bid charged a little more than half. why the fukk do people think they can complain if they offer most likely a sh*ttier service for a higher price?

edit: my cousin works for maybe a week or two every few months in his union for this exact reason. he needs to do side jobs to make ends meat and technically that's not allowed. so he risks losing his job or doesn't work at all, either way it doesn't matter.
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

Registered Sex Offender TheCurator's Avatar
    TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unicorns dont exist dumbass
    1 angry c*nt