Thread: HRT FAQs

G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

HRT FAQs

Here are some basic HRT FAQs for your edification. We'll add to this list as other common and obvious questions come to light...

Can I train HRT style solo? The true essence of HRT lies in the Hellcentric reps and the application of the signature spot by a committed training partner. As intended, Hellcentrics can only be done safely and properly with a spotter. There is a less intense but effective HRT Solo method available for those lone wolfs so inclined.
    Why is this method for experienced lifters only? Those who’ve spent time in the trenches understand proper technique, know their own strength and are in tune with the mind muscle connection. For a beginner to jump right into such advanced training methods like HRT without first building their base with the basics would only be to their detriment.
    Can I use HRT while precontest dieting? Though a killer mass program, HRT can be used while getting shredded as it will help you hold on to muscle. However, it is a program intended for packing on maximum mass.
    How long can I train this way? The typical HRT training cycle lasts 12 weeks. You can follow that with another HRT cycle, but allow 2-4 weeks of straight set training, rest and active recovery before diving back in to the deep end.
    Do I have to use the exact HRT supplement stack? No. As always at Animal, we consider supplements the very effective icing on the cake. If you’re not training and eating right, all the best Animal supplements won’t do sh*t for you. Utilize the tools at your disposal, use what you can afford. Start with the basics, like Pak, and add to that as you see fit.
    Do I have to do the exact exercises listed? Consider the given exercises a strong suggestion, though there are many effective alternatives. Utilize the equipment available at your gym as a substitute as needed or desired. Remember, following the method and making your maximum effort are the most important factors in achieving your HRT potential. With a little ingenuity, you can do damn near any lift with the Hellcentric technique.
    Do I have to follow the exact same split? The exercises are paired and bodyparts broken down with the idea in mind of allowing for optimal recovery periods in between. That said, sometimes life dictates otherwise. Do what you can to follow the splits as closely as possible and when a change must be made to your schedule, do so with the idea in mind of maximizing recovery and never hindering the performance of one bodypart to benefit the other.
    If after a session of HRT I’m not sore, should I raise the weight or concentrate better on the Hellcentrics? The answer is most likely both. Ideally, you want to be reaching failure on the second set of any given exercise.
    Why no squats or deads?At Animal, we believe there is practically no exercise more basic and effective as the squat or deadlift. That said, the complicated nature of the Hellcentric spot does not pair well with the biomechanics of these two core movements, leaving the trainer (and spotter) vulnerable to injury. Those following the solo HRT protocol can more easily apply the technique to squats and deads on occasion, but must do so with extreme caution and within the safe confines of a power rack.
    Last edited by G Diesel; 12-01-2011 at 08:22 AM.
    Founder, gcodenutrition.com

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Niiiice...!!!
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*

id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) id0ntEvenLift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    on a rest days, those that are in a team, can we individually do squats and deadlifts

G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by id0ntEvenLift View Post
    on a rest days, those that are in a team, can we individually do squats and deadlifts
    You have a back day and a leg day in your HRT split... Your off days should be spent eating and recovering, not taxing your system with the hardest exercises known to man.

If you're doing this right, bad idea or not, you shouldn't be able to even think about doing those exercises on off days.

Peace, G
    Founder, gcodenutrition.com

SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoChillBro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Solid write up bro 5 stars
    ΦΔΘ

O||||||O Official Jeep Brah Crew O||||||O

Twitter: @ImSoChillBro
    Instagram: @BuzzChillington

rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by G Diesel View Post
    You have a back day and a leg day in your HRT split... Your off days should be spent eating and recovering, not taxing your system with the hardest exercises known to man.

If you're doing this right, bad idea or not, you shouldn't be able to even think about doing those exercises on off days.

Peace, G
    That's our experience too. We originally wanted to do that, but realized that on rest days all we want to do is eat and sleep.
    Hellcentrics Apprentice

NASM Certified Personal Trainer

NCCPT Gold's Gym Certified Personal Trainer

EvilMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

warm up sets

on any given exercise about how many warm up sets you guys doing before your 2 HRT sets?... 2,3? I plan on finishing up my 5x5 this week and wanna give this a run

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EvilMass View Post
    on any given exercise about how many warm up sets you guys doing before your 2 HRT sets?... 2,3? I plan on finishing up my 5x5 this week and wanna give this a run
    It generally varies by individual, but between 2 and 3 is the norm... And as the workout progresses, you should be able to just go into the HRT sets as you should be well warmed up by then...
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I understand the science behind this routine. However, if we have a lagging body part, say arms, would it be a bad idea to add a third set? My arms are horribly stubborn and won't fkn grow. Legs are the same way. Everything else grows nicely.

pacman155 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by G Diesel View Post
    Here are some basic HRT FAQs for your edification. We'll add to this list as other common and obvious questions come to light...

Can I train HRT style solo? The true essence of HRT lies in the Hellcentric reps and the application of the signature spot by a committed training partner. As intended, Hellcentrics can only be done safely and properly with a spotter. There is a less intense but effective HRT Solo method available for those lone wolfs so inclined.
    Why is this method for experienced lifters only? Those who’ve spent time in the trenches understand proper technique, know their own strength and are in tune with the mind muscle connection. For a beginner to jump right into such advanced training methods like HRT without first building their base with the basics would only be to their detriment.
    Can I use HRT while precontest dieting? Though a killer mass program, HRT can be used while getting shredded as it will help you hold on to muscle. However, it is a program intended for packing on maximum mass.
    How long can I train this way? The typical HRT training cycle lasts 12 weeks. You can follow that with another HRT cycle, but allow 2-4 weeks of straight set training, rest and active recovery before diving back in to the deep end.
    Do I have to use the exact HRT supplement stack? No. As always at Animal, we consider supplements the very effective icing on the cake. If you’re not training and eating right, all the best Animal supplements won’t do sh*t for you. Utilize the tools at your disposal, use what you can afford. Start with the basics, like Pak, and add to that as you see fit.
    Do I have to do the exact exercises listed? Consider the given exercises a strong suggestion, though there are many effective alternatives. Utilize the equipment available at your gym as a substitute as needed or desired. Remember, following the method and making your maximum effort are the most important factors in achieving your HRT potential. With a little ingenuity, you can do damn near any lift with the Hellcentric technique.
    Do I have to follow the exact same split? The exercises are paired and bodyparts broken down with the idea in mind of allowing for optimal recovery periods in between. That said, sometimes life dictates otherwise. Do what you can to follow the splits as closely as possible and when a change must be made to your schedule, do so with the idea in mind of maximizing recovery and never hindering the performance of one bodypart to benefit the other.
    If after a session of HRT I’m not sore, should I raise the weight or concentrate better on the Hellcentrics? The answer is most likely both. Ideally, you want to be reaching failure on the second set of any given exercise.
    Why no squats or deads?At Animal, we believe there is practically no exercise more basic and effective as the squat or deadlift. That said, the complicated nature of the Hellcentric spot does not pair well with the biomechanics of these two core movements, leaving the trainer (and spotter) vulnerable to injury. Those following the solo HRT protocol can more easily apply the technique to squats and deads on occasion, but must do so with extreme caution and within the safe confines of a power rack.
    thanks for the info

-Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Loomis- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gdiesal always full of knowledge!

bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    GDIESEL do u teach at a university, cause if you dont you should open one up and i will be your first applicant. I swear dude.

Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kytrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a question!?...I'm performing the hellcentric solo workouts and was wondering; say for example I'm doing curls with a 35 lb dumbbell....Would I stick to one individual weight for the whole set or would I increase the weight for the partial + negatives portion of the exercise!?....
    .......Robert Anderson

bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluesurfer_17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im looking for my coach Ross Bowman, but Tom told me his screen name is rbowman, but i found a rbowman91 which im assuming is the right guy. G diesel if you can answer this for you are the wizard of all questions asked.
    Going to HELL and COMING BACK an ANIMAL THREAD>>>>>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147315213
    Got videos for people to watch my Workouts^^^^^^^^^^

Progress piX>>>>http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bluesurfer_17/more.php?section=progresspics

youtube.com channel(Training Vidz/Check ins): http://www.youtube.com/user/ohanahollywood
    Instagram handle: i_LiFT_iRON

Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post!

Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripper209 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with Hellcentrics being more intense than Solo...gotta find a good partner

GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostfaceFstr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My training partner has gone AWOL for tonights workout so I'm going to give the solo HRT a try but I was thinking of keeping the partials in on my +6, is it worth trying or am I likely to snap some **** up ?
    ☆☆☆UK Crew☆☆☆

Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kdnlp07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have to ask you say that the training split is designed for optimal strength & recovery. My schedule is very limited I can only do a 3 day split. This is what I have been doing for two weeks doing the HRT hellcentric repititions. Monday- back, delts, traps. Wednesday - chest & legs. Friday biceps, triceps, and abs. I k ow abs aren't in the training program but I have to keep mine string due to a lower back injury. Is this split good, bad? I would just like an expierienced opinion from you. Thanks in advance.