Jmoney1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ammonia Smell after running

Hey All,

Im getting an ammonia smell after my running sessions. I have packed on quite a bit of muscle over the year and I I read on another forumn here that its because im probably not taking in enough carbs/calories and that its a sign the body is breaking down protein from the muscles. Today I tried taking in 130 grams of carbohydrates in my weight gainer shake an hour before I ran and I normally take in a daily 5,000 good calories. when I run I usually go for about 7 miles and thats what I did today. I don't understand, am I doing something wrong? Im afraid im burning muscle and thats the last thing I want to do. does the body naturally want to shed muscle when running over a certain length no matter what?

Thanks for any and all the help/advice

SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixpackNick is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jmoney1986 View Post
    Hey All,

Today I tried taking in 130 grams of carbohydrates

Thanks for any and all the help/advice
    Wait, so you only eat 130 grams carbs a day, or is that just in your shake? 5,000 cals a day with only 130 carbs seems highly unlikely..

Jmoney1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SixpackNick View Post
    Wait, so you only eat 130 grams carbs a day, or is that just in your shake? 5,000 cals a day with only 130 carbs seems highly unlikely..
    Yeah I meant I take that in before running, I eat a lot more carbs throughout the day as well though i dont have an exact amount