Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bench vs Row?

kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bench vs Row?

I always believed that you should be able to row as much, if not more than you can bench. Am I correct in thinking this?

I've finally trained my pendlay row to the point of being pretty close to my bench.

Is anybody here rowing more than they bench?
    "I lift things up and put them down"

Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kidkurious View Post
    I always believed that you should be able to row as much, if not more than you can bench. Am I correct in thinking this?

I've finally trained my pendlay row to the point of being pretty close to my bench.

Is anybody here rowing more than they bench?
    wut? i dont think ive ever heard that, but if its true

est 1RM bench: 260
    est 1RM bent-over row: 210
    est 1RM Upright row: 145
    I feel compelled to lift something.

ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Backhand View Post
    wut? i dont think ive ever heard that, but if its true

est 1RM bench: 260
    est 1RM bent-over row: 210
    est 1RM Upright row: 145

sorry man, couldn't resist.

Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tom Bro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lolwut?

I don't know where you got that idea from.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134647881

Sponsored by nutrition warehouse. www.nutritionwarehouse.com.au

nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) nmballa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is no way I'm rowing the weight I bench. My back is pretty strong but not a chance.

Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) Backhand will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ByronOrpheus View Post

sorry man, couldn't resist.
    lol all good bro figured id throw it in there just incase. i havent done upright rows in probably a year
    but keeping on topic i dunno where this idea came from
    I feel compelled to lift something.

dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No.
    570/500/715 - Best Gym Lifts @ 225 raw

My training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154521413&p=1087393603#post1087393603

Youtube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dan200428?feature=mhee

not actually a goose goosefrabbas's Avatar
    goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My bench and Pendlay row were almost identical when I started out, but my row pretty much quit progressing after 185x5. Any more and I'm using too much lower back or legs. I guess your bench and row could be similar depending on which row you do and how strictly you perform it.

Come to think of it, they're probably almost the same right now, but that's because I haven't trained my raw bench in a while.
    Meet: 440/248/485 = 1173@144 sp

My powerlifting log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135067661&page=39

ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ISuckAtBenching... so yeah, I row more than I bench. Always have.

Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerlifter94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can row my bench but thats because my bench is awful
    **KNICKS - JETS - RANGERS - YANKEES**

- repping fans of the above on sight

*Always Pick Four Crew*

- i rape back

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nobody really trains the row as a lift. They train rows as a supplemental exercise so it is kind of hard to say. Rows are also extremely hard to judge and perform with consistency at varying intensities.

I sure as hell can chin and pullup a hell of a lot more weight than I can press over head. As a matter of fact, I can chin much more than I bench. I can also pullup much more than I bench.
    www.PowerliftingToWin.com

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    On top of what Izzy said, most people on here use a powerlifting style bench. So a much shorter ROM in bench than row. Also, we use leg drive.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    On top of what Izzy said, most people on here use a powerlifting style bench. So a much shorter ROM in bench than row. Also, we use leg drive.
    From what I've seen most people use leg drive when they row as well.

When I was a bit smaller I was benching 85kgs x 5 and rowing about 90kgs x 5. Rows are about the same now and bench is up at 110kgs x 5.

not actually a goose goosefrabbas's Avatar
    goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IzzyT View Post
    Nobody really trains the row as a lift. They train rows as a supplemental exercise so it is kind of hard to say. Rows are also extremely hard to judge and perform with consistency at varying intensities.

I sure as hell can chin and pullup a hell of a lot more weight than I can press over head. As a matter of fact, I can chin much more than I bench. I can also pullup much more than I bench.
    On Madcow's and SS you train the row as a lift unless you have the balls to try to learn proper clean technique. But I agree about rows being hard to judge. For bench it's pretty clear - you bring the bar down to and touch your chest, and push it back up with your arms locked. For rows you can have your back parallel to the floor with no leg drive and start each rep from a dead stop as in a Pendlay row, have your back at an angle and hold the bar the entire time in a bentover row, you have be almost upright and do a Yates row, and it's hard to say if you completed the rep since some might say you have to touch your chest or belly and others might say you don't have to.

I think the chinup/ohp case is different. Apparently strict pressing ones own bodyweight is an accomplishment, and I think most people can do a pullup or at least a chin up their first time trying. I don't even think comparing push presses and chin ups would work, at least if my case is normal. Last time I did push presses I think I did 3 sets of 155x5 and I've done pullups with 145bw+45/50 (so about 200) for 5 reps, so they're not the same by any means.

It's probably different for bigger guys in both examples because I couldn't imagine a 500-600 pound bencher (or anyone for that matter) rowing as much. And I've seen some pretty big, as in 2x+ body weight, strict / push presses, but I almost never see a double body weight pullup, except for in the misc pullup contest.
    Meet: 440/248/485 = 1173@144 sp

My powerlifting log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135067661&page=39

Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000)
    As far as Pendlay rows go, not a chance.

If you're doing some bodybuilding standard bent over row, sure. But people tend to perform this with a large amount of momentum and hardly more than 6-8 inches of ROM anyway.

If you truly could perform a row equal to your bench with good form, I imagine you'd have an exaggerated pectoral or tricep weakness relative to your lats and upper back.
    Best gym lifts: S 430 / B 385 / D 480 both C&S

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Rows are not in the true SS. And even the rows that are described in the SS book are not done for maximal weights. Rip goes out of his way to say that low rep rows kind of suck because of technique limitations. Even with Madcows, the emphasis is really on form. He spent an entire section of his guide describing proper, strict row form. It wasn't meant to be done for max weights like bench. Rows haven't worked as a powerlift because of the difficulty in coming up with judging criteria.

It is definitely true that we haven't seen any 500lbs chinners (at least I haven't). Then again, how many people actually try to do this? Powerlifters are too busy programming and training for lifts that actually matter. Who is to say that if random miscers are capable of getting to 400lbs chinups that a highly motivated genetic freak on drugs wouldn't be able to hit 500, 600lbs, hell, 700lbs? I don't think that it is too much of a leap. Didn't KK do like 50 kipping pullups at 300lbs? That sure seems like it would translate to right around his raw benching numbers. It wouldn't taken lifters long to figure out ways to shorten the range of motion and create chinup suits if it became a contested lift. And chinups would actually be really easy to judge.

It is definitely an interesting thought. I know some "gurus" recommend that one always be able to chin more than they bench just in terms of shoulder girdle health considerations.

What would be possible if guys like Ed Coan were actually programming for a weighted chin-up? I really don't know, but I know it would be a lot more than the dudes on the misc.

As an aside, my best bench is 205x5 and I had nothing in the tank, but my best chin is 235x5 and I might've had one or two more left in me (my stats are old, I've been dieting and am now ~180 on the way to 148).
    Last edited by IzzyT; 11-30-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    www.PowerliftingToWin.com

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can probably keep your row and bench fairly close for a time. But, as the weight gets heavier bench is going to win. I cannot row anywhere near 405. Tried 315 once, it was very sloppy.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IzzyT View Post
    Nobody really trains the row as a lift.
    thats what I was thinking. Does anyone do sheiko for their rows?

That being said, you can keep them in proportion to a degree. I will say this...I think rows are harder lol.

I have pause benched 315 in competition...so obviously i was strict. I have "used" 315 (I think) on rows but obviously that wasnt strict. I have shrugged up to 405 with varying degrees of strictness. I have probably 1 arm rowed 140-160ish?

So thru deads/rows/shrugs you can keep your back strength in proportion.

Out of proportion would be the guys I have seen who can bench 315 and then they go over and do 3x10 shrugs with 50-60lb dbells. And they do 1 arm db rows with 80lbs. Huh? Those are the guys who get the "shoulders pulled forward" look
    "Humility comes before honor"

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hmm I tried to do rows with 315 once and tweaked my back something awful.

Depends on form of the rowing I guess, you can go super heavy on Yates Rows, but not nearly as heavy on something like Pendlay Rows.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BombDonald View Post
    Depends on form of the rowing I guess, you can go super heavy on Yates Rows, but not nearly as heavy on something like Pendlay Rows.
    Thanks for saying that.

The Yates Row is a much more suitable comparison. With the Bench, people use every muscle in the body. As Izzy said, it's treated as a lift, not a chest exercise. Pendlay Rows are treated as a back/lat exercise.

OP, you might be confusing your idea with the concept that you should be doing at least as many reps of rows (pullups/rows/face pulls etc) as you do pushing reps (bench/military etc). Some people even shoot for 2:1.

Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post

That being said, you can keep them in proportion to a degree. I will say this...I think rows are harder lol.

I have pause benched 315 in competition...so obviously i was strict. I have "used" 315 (I think) on rows but obviously that wasnt strict. I have shrugged up to 405 with varying degrees of strictness. I have probably 1 arm rowed 140-160ish?

Out of proportion would be the guys I have seen who can bench 315 and then they go over and do 3x10 shrugs with 50-60lb dbells. And they do 1 arm db rows with 80lbs. Huh? Those are the guys who get the "shoulders pulled forward" look
    Sigh... this actually reminds me of my good buddy. Benches 310 at 160-170 body weight but does DB Rows with no more than 70 pound DBs. When I worked out with him over the summer, I'd take the DB away from him and go get around a 120. He'd still do it easily, as expected... but god damn it every time after that he'd still go as light as ever.
    Best gym lifts: S 430 / B 385 / D 480 both C&S

kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    Thanks for saying that.
    OP, you might be confusing your idea with the concept that you should be doing at least as many reps of rows (pullups/rows/face pulls etc) as you do pushing reps (bench/military etc). Some people even shoot for 2:1.
    Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm coming from.
    I always thought the intensity and volume had to be the same for both pushing and pulling, otherwise you end up with imbalances in strength and posture. This is from years of doing 5x5 programs with the pendlay row.

Thanks for the clarifications folks!
    "I lift things up and put them down"

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A working weight that kicks my ass on Pendlay rows is 225

A working weight that kicks my ass on bench is like 350

Barbell rows of all sorts just ask too much of the lower back for me to really go really heavy
    771/645/622 Single Ply

redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Another Point

Bench Press is a supported exercise, and Bent Over Rows are not unless you use that TBar machine, which I feel would probably closer but your loosing the ab and back strength from bent over rowing.

drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I row 180 and bench 160, but then again for my entire lifting career, I have always struggled on bench, it is by far my worst lift, and back has always been a strength, I was deadlifting 315 while benching 135 for the longest time, it was awful.
    Current EMT-P
    Working my way towards firefighter paramedic!

Hard work > Genetics
    Strength > Aesthetics
    Training for my first PL meet using the Cube Method!

jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Damn, I get almost twice my rows on bench... I must suck at rows :P
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆
    RAW meet PR :
    Squat: 415
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 525
    Total: 1245 @ 160lbs

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jay5150 View Post
    Damn, I get almost twice my rows on bench... I must suck at rows :P
    So you just read this thread, and that is your response?

Serious?

rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm a firm believer in having your row strength being close to your bench as well. i do a ton of bent over rows and pendlay rows. lat strength during a bench is vasty underdeveloped in many benchers. to be able to pause heavy weight, strong lats are a must. i contract my lats so hard as i row the weight down that the weight actually feels almost weightless at chest level. i attribute a lot of this to my lat strength from very heavy rows.

my bent over rows for reps is about 425 and my bench is around 520-530 right now.

AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post

Off topic, but WOW at the size of your arms....gjdm!

Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A strict bent row.. maybe half my bench. If I really get the momentum going I may be able to do around 250 for a few reps, but that's not really close to 460.
    Best Sanctioned Lifts (USPA/USAPL):
    683w/452/507

Best Gym Lifts:
    675w/477.5/495