MikeSmith15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deadlift for a 15 year old?

Hey, I'm 15 years old and still currently go to school.

For roughly about a year I have been going to the gym around 1-3 times a week on a random basis, for a normal gym session I would do.

Flat bench - Tilted bench - Sit-ups - Push-ups - Pull-ups - Dumbbells - Peck fly.

So mainly I would work on my abs, biceps, triceps, chest and pecks.

Yesterday my mate suggested to try out a Dead-lift which I have never done in my life before, so I decide ahead and try it out.

The max kg of one rep of a dead lift I was capable of doing was 125kg/275lb at a body weight of 68kg/150lb.

I was just wondering if that is a good starting amount of what I could lift for a first time? if so how could I improve.

All comments will be very much appreciated, Thanks Mike.
    Last edited by MikeSmith15; 11-30-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Skwartz?
    GOLD COAST BARBELL POWERLIFTING TEAM

Best Raw Comp Lifts @~91kg (200lb)
    Squat: 215kg
    Bench: 185kg
    Deadlift: 267.5kg

IPF4LYF

MikeSmith15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dogmai View Post
    Skwartz?
    Just a normal Dead lift with a free bar.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deadlifting anything is a good starting point. Your question should be how to get stronger at deadlifts...and squats. The answer to that would be hop on a linear program like Starting Strength. You will get big and strong.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000)
    It doesn't matter where your strength is now.

The guys who say "LOL you only lift that much?" or "OMG ur weak I lift that for x reps with better form!" are high schoolers with a penchant for dick waving in the locker rooms.

There are guys who deadlift 400+ their very first time. One of my buddies was able to lift 450 his first time, but maxed at 175 on bench and around 200 with squats.

On the other hand, there are many guys (yes, men) who are unable to deadlift 200-225 their first time. I was one of them when I started a year ago.

Just work on progressing and don't worry about the weight. The more you concern yourself with how much you're lifting, the less focused you'll be on form, recovery and proper programming.
    Best gym lifts: S 430 / B 385 / D 480 both C&S

Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MikeSmith15 View Post
    Just a normal Dead lift with a free bar.
    I was questioning why squats did not appear in your routine. Jump on a good beginner routine like SS or 5x5 and learn yourself some proper lifting.
    GOLD COAST BARBELL POWERLIFTING TEAM

Best Raw Comp Lifts @~91kg (200lb)
    Squat: 215kg
    Bench: 185kg
    Deadlift: 267.5kg

IPF4LYF

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nobody cares what any 15 year old can deadlift.

I eat watermelons watermelonbrah's Avatar
    watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just keep at it and keep progressing.
    "It's not what you accomplished or how long it took you to get there, what really matters is that you actually did it!"

----------------------My lifting log------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161934793

If you aren't being hated on you aren't doing sh**!!

untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    nobody cares what any 15 year old can deadlift.
    Im guessing with that response he DL's more than u.
    And yeah 125kg @68 kg is about average i rate. You DL will go up quite fast to around 160ish then prolly slow down hard. Anyway just keep good form and keep lifting man. But start squating too its great even if u just want to get shape. Watch some perfect form tutorials in youtube. And youtube Jaroslaw Olech, all his lifts are perfect.