digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000)

Why am I so weak?

Ive been an athlete all of my life. Ive always been keen to lifting as well. In high school Id do pull ups and push ups all the time before I really knew about dieting and lifting seriously.

Ive been lifting seriously since march and comparing myself to others Im very weak and I dont understand it.

I'm about 5'9 and fluctuate from 165 to to low 170s. I have a low bodyfat but not sure what % it is.

My bench is absolutely terrible I can barely do 135 for 5 reps. MY military press is 95 for 5 reps. I curl 85 for 5 clean reps.

When I see people on here they are my size or even smaller and they are WAY stronger than me and people in real life are stonger than me. I dont get it

Any tips?
    "creaser" is the worst poster i have ever seen on any forum, ever.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's simple
    - your bodyfat is higher than you think it is
    - you haven't been training with weights that long

Just focus on your compound lifts. Always seeking to add more weight or do more reps with the same weight. Don't train to the point of failure too often. Just get as many 'good' reps as you can. Make sure you are a on a routine that hits everything twice a week at least.

digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000) digitalbeef is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Thanks for the reply.

I do chest/triceps, back/biceps,legs or rest, shoulders traps, rest, compound day. Thats my routine. It just seems like I plateud HARD. When I started out I was putting on those noobie gains like crazy then it just stopped abruptly. I try doing higher reps of lower weight and doing low reps of high weight but I just cant seem to break past it.
    "creaser" is the worst poster i have ever seen on any forum, ever.

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by digitalbeef View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I do chest/triceps, back/biceps,legs or rest, shoulders traps, rest, compound day. Thats my routine. It just seems like I plateud HARD. When I started out I was putting on those noobie gains like crazy then it just stopped abruptly. I try doing higher reps of lower weight and doing low reps of high weight but I just cant seem to break past it.
    Do Starting Strength.

Eat more.

You'll get stronger.

justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    Do Starting Strength.

Eat more.

You'll get stronger.
    ^^^this x2. Just wanted to add emphasis in case OP didn't get it the first time.
    "I'm just a lat guy, you know? I've got these amazing lats, and I'm just living in an ab guy's world." -Workaholics

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The usual reasons for a sudden plateau are overreaching caused by constantly training to the point of failure - and deciding to go on a weight loss diet.

optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) optimuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP I'm sure you will try everything already advised on here, but I'd also like to suggest checking your technique, especially on the bench.
    I have recently changed mine, and my lifts are now steadily increasing. My one rep max is up to 'intermediate' on the exrx strength chart.
    Look for smittydiesel on utube, i found his video very helpful.
    ~~~Welcome to the troll market~~~