Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Official Dec 1st - Mar 1st Weight Loss Thread/Comp - Get Motivated into 2012!

Alright, so similar to last month, this isn't -exactly- a competition, mainly because I am also entering and probably have more to lose than the majority. Regardless, the goal is for us all to motivate each other to finish 2011 off with a bang, and jump right into 2012. It's the time of year where people get holiday fat, and then make a New Years Resolution that lasts for a good two weeks. Let's make sure this isn't the case.

There will be no picture or measurement requirements, but you are holding yourself accountable - you are more than welcome to do these things if you feel this is what you need to keep motivated. We're going with the honor system here. I recommend taking a picture for yourself, at the very least, as it can be a good motivator.

Either PM me or post your weigh-ins on fridays. The first weigh-in after the starting weight will be Dec 9th. The weigh-ins will go as follows, and nicely avoid the big holidays:

Dec 1, Dec 9, Dec 16, Dec 23, Dec 30, Jan 6, Jan 13, Jan 20, Jan 27, Feb 3, Feb 10, Feb 17, Feb 24, Mar 1 (the Thursday).

STARTS TODAY! Participants can enter until Dec 9 due to the late start, but whichever day you enter you need to weigh-in for an initial weigh-in.

I will post an updated spreadsheet by the end of each weekend. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row you will be dropped.

Currently: 37 Participants
    Last edited by Kelekin; 12-01-2011 at 09:27 AM.

amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Aww yea. Ready for the six-pack lol

Current:
    Weight ~190lbs
    Bf~20%
    Waist~35in

Exact measurements coming on December 2 when I meet with my "online" trainer whom I meet up with once a month lol.

Some prior stats: started at 250lbs aug 2009 and did a very extreme keto diet with Ideal Protein, which consisted of about 1000cal/day with mostly small protein shakes and lost weight dramatically during this (consistent 5-7lbs/week; I know dangerous and I would not recommend it to someone who is not considered obese). Now I just train hard and eat a little less than I maybe should, but I'm planning on potentially competing July 23 so wish me luck!

As for training, I currently weight train 4 days/week usually switching up workouts every month or so, and do cardio 3x/week for ~ 30min/session.

Diet consists of 1700-1900cals/days with anywhere from 180-210g protein and other than that just try and go low carb but don't really count carbs/fat. I try and allow myself a cheat day or cheat meal a couple times a week but those never go well -__- thinking of just having an IIFYM day instead. Maybe try and do a couple weeks without cheating first though.

amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amcharanek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Updates will probs come a day late tho cause I don't have time on Fridays; Saturday morning is always my weigh-in day.

Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by amcharanek View Post
    Aww yea. Ready for the six-pack lol

Current:
    Weight ~190lbs
    Bf~20%
    Waist~35in

Exact measurements coming on December 2 when I meet with my "online" trainer whom I meet up with once a month lol.

Some prior stats: started at 250lbs aug 2009 and did a very extreme keto diet with Ideal Protein, which consisted of about 1000cal/day with mostly small protein shakes and lost weight dramatically during this (consistent 5-7lbs/week; I know dangerous and I would not recommend it to someone who is not considered obese). Now I just train hard and eat a little less than I maybe should, but I'm planning on potentially competing July 23 so wish me luck!

As for training, I currently weight train 4 days/week usually switching up workouts every month or so, and do cardio 3x/week for ~ 30min/session.

Diet consists of 1700-1900cals/days with anywhere from 180-210g protein and other than that just try and go low carb but don't really count carbs/fat. I try and allow myself a cheat day or cheat meal a couple times a week but those never go well -__- thinking of just having an IIFYM day instead. Maybe try and do a couple weeks without cheating first though.
    Your diet seems pretty similar to mine, minus the cheat days. This isn't the nutrition forum (where I mainly hang out), but, something to maybe consider that I've been trying (with success thus far), is instead of designating 'cheats', have a calorie buffer. So say you're eating 1700 a day, maybe you add in an additional 1700 calorie buffer for the week. This way, you allow yourself to have one or two things you might want, but without the ridiculous gorging of a cheat meal.

Interesting . . . I might try that next week. I still like the idea of an IIFYM day though

Xnode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for starting this up. Here's my initial weigh in as of this morning. I look forward to cutting some weight with you all.

Weight: 188 lbs.
    BF%: 20% ish

UsmanZafar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I'd like to start as well, I weigh 220lbs and I'm 6ft1, I'd like to get to about 185/180lbs, not sure whether I'll get that in the 3 months though.

smash360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in,

Current:
    Weight ~160lbs
    Bf~28%+???
    Waist~32in

Will post before & after pics.

cracker-jac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Dec 2011 - Mar 2012

I'll join in as well. I will need to update photo as that was 20 pounds and 1 year ago so I feel I am starting to be on my way.

5'2"
    127 lbs
    21.5% body fat (measured by trainer yesterday)

Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Let's have some fun!
    6'1"
    205lbs~ ish.
    No accurate BF% measurement currently.

jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wanna get in on this too, it's useful to have a place to post updates even if it's just to help myself out.

current stats:

22 years old
    6'0
    211 lbs (started cutting in early October @ 224)
    BF%: A lot (lol realistically i'm probably in the 24-28% range, i don't really care about this number right now though)

diet/exercise plan:

i'm an IFer for sure. during the day while i'm at work i have a few cups of tea and coffee sweetened with splenda and a few oz of milk & then a chicken/ham/turkey breast salad for lunch, probably like 400-500 cals total if that. then i usually come home, goto the gym and do cardio or lift for 45 min, get a little lifted myself, and crush like a 1.2-1.4k calorie victory feast. then i pass out and wake up and do it all again! macro-wise, i try to stay below 2200 cals and get as close to 100g of protein per day as possible. usually i'll mix in one day where i eat at or just slightly above maintenance each week, i've found that it helps lead me to the whoosh effect that so many people talk about.

exercise-wise, i lift weights 3x a week MWF. Tu/Th/Sat i do cardio, usually at least 20 minutes of jogging at 5.2 mph. sundays i usually take off but i also keep it open so that if i'm real busy one day during the week when i'm supposed to lift/do cardio i can take that day off and move that particular workout to sunday. but usually i just like taking sundays to sit around and be lazy as f*** while i watch football all day.

goals: right now i just know i want to slim down and get leaner while not looking like a beanpole...i'd like to have some kind of muscle mass to show when i finally get rid of this layer of fat covering them, even if they are small muscles. the only numerical goal i have right now is that i want to be down to 190 lbs by my 23rd birthday, which is february 15, about 2.5 months from today. considering i've already lost roughly 13 pounds in just under 2 months, i think this is definitely doable, and if not i'll at least be close. i figure i'll have to cut down to around 170-175 to get the kind of lean physique i'm after. i'm hoping to get there by the time summer rolls around next year (late may/early june) a six-pack would be amazing, hell even some minor ab definition would be amazing considering i've been carrying around a big gut for as long as i can remember after the age of 14 or so. but i don't wanna get ahead of myself, i'm taking it one day at a time. looking forward to seeing everyone progress with me so we can motivate each other. i'll try to get some pics up here soon. let's get it!!

DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DILLIGAF1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IN, will make a nice post tomorrow

PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PsiChi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IN!

Current stats
    Height:6'3"
    Weight:219
    BF% Appx: 15%

Measurements (about 2weeks old) relaxed &non flexed
    Bicep: 13 1/2"
    Thigh:23 1/4"
    Calf: 16 1/2"
    Forearm: 11 3/4"
    Chest: 44 1/2"
    Stomach (taped to naval around kidney) 39 7/8"
    -almost all fat around stomach feelsbadman-

Skinfold (calipers)
    Chest: 18
    Abdominal: 24
    Thigh 18

Schedule:
    Work 6-7days a week (alt Sundays)
    Workout M-F 45mins to 1 1/2hrs
    Cardio every morning (15minute jog/walk)

Overall goal: get to 200lbs or 10% body fat which ever happens first.

businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500) businessim is not very helpful. (-500)
    In also anyone doing keto

Originally Posted by businessim View Post
    In also anyone doing keto
    Not quite keto for me, just low carb.

dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dhukka814 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Count me in.

Starting weight is 250 lbs

PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PigFlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IN

Weight : 219
    Height : 6'
    BF % : 23 ish

Goal: Cut no more than 30, no less than 20 while keeping as much muscle as possible.

Daily calorie intake: 2200 ish
    Macro: 200g Protein / 85g Fat

Lift : 4 times per week, Mon & Tues, Thurs & Fri
    LISS : 6 times per week, 30 minutes each Mon-Sat
    HIIT: 2 times per week, 15 minutes each Wed & Sat

Good luck and work hard !!!

Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desolator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm soooo innn!
    been slacking like a little bitch on this.. but it is time to go srs!
    will make my initial weight and post tomorrow..

Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Count me in! Will weigh tomorrow.

judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    in on this
    weight:209

Diegojambriz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im in! count me in please!

Up to 19 competitors in less than 24 hours! Don't forget to do initial weigh-ins tomorrow guys/gals.

iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iSMR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm in. Will post initial weigh-in tomorrow.

Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in. 269 lbs. My before pic is my profile pic.

Hopefully I can get to the gym in the next few days as I'm currently down with back problems.

Originally Posted by Acooljt View Post
    I'm in. 269 lbs.

Hopefully I can get to the gym in the next few days as I'm currently down with back problems.
    Good to see you in here. I used to use back problems as a crutch - chronic back injury since I was 9 and had huge spinal issues. That being said, the only things to do really are to be at the gym and strengthen the back through perseverence, and if your back is too sore, at least getting cardio in (as some cardio puts no pressure on your back). =)

Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Haha thanks man. No worries, I'm a fighter.

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Count me in...

Weight: 245.0lbs
    BF%: 34.0

Btw, you got PsiChi on the list twice.

Originally Posted by Acooljt View Post
    Btw, you got PsiChi on the list twice.
    Fixed, thanks.

Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thats cool - 1 December is a perfect day to start. Im in:

Height: 1.75 m (5.8)
    Weigth: 69.3 kg (152.4 lbs)
    Body fat: 33.9%

Good luck to you all.

Dutchie