Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Getsum View Post
    lol, priceless!

Glad you're feeling better. That was great workout, nice job on the squats and leg presses.

Enjoy your Friday and weekend Brian!
    Thank-you, some things you can't take too seriously in life or else life will show you the exit door a little too prematurely.

I hope you did too!

Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    That just sounds nasty!

Way to go on the PR! Great workout!!!

I hope you feel better soon!
    It was!
    That was no PR CF. Far from it...
    My PR for squatting is 405x23 and 500x10.
    I've never done a max single.

Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    For azzes or the behaviour of an azz?

Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    Good job Brian! How are you feeling?
    Thank-you.
    Its all good...been here before, conquered it before, will do it again.
    How are you Tiffers?

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Great job on the back squats Brian.
    Thank-you, sir David.

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Smartass, lol. You're going to be setting the bar for the rest of the gym pretty high soon enough big man...

You hit the nail on the head as to why I'm even making a "deal" out of the gym records when they don't matter in my own training.
    For other people to beat me.
    To light that fire and get some lazy mo' fo to work!

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

December 9, 2012

Off

A Friday night, I’m single, too sore to train and not too sure what to do with myself and keep outta trouble.
    This is one of them things I was looking forward to the challenge of…being normal.

I stayed home and put up the Christmas tree for my cat.

December 10, 2011

Chest

German Volume Training- out da window for today!

Hindsight is 20/20.
    It became apparent after experiencing what I call “structural damage” from squatting (my clavicles and upper torso just ache) just as to why I had a weak chest for years.
    From doing chest the day after squats.
    I will fix this by taking more rest time.
    For today I had to change my training accordingly.

Incline DB Press
    20x25, 10x40, 10x50
    3 sets of 10 x 60…I was simply too wrecked to continue.

BB Incline Press
    20x45(bar)
    10x135---wow, got pwned on these

DB Incline Press- revisited
    10x45

Hammer Strength Incline Press, PWO
    10x90

Standing cable Flye
    20x60, 15x60

Bent over cable Flye
    12x60, 12x60
    10x80, 10x80

15 min Recumbant bike to flush some fresh blood back into my fawked up legs,

I was going to watch the World Masters IFBB bb’ing comp on MD tonight only to discover the whole thing was covered only with snippets as well as many of the old school guys I was hoping to see on stage just did not compete.
    This suckzored.

December 11, 2011

Side Delts

GVT- modified

A make up day as I was too sore to hit them Saturday.
    I did some reading on GVT before going to the gym. I have not read up on GVT for over 10 years.

According to the article on bb.com it is supposed to be a very demanding program that should entail lots of recovery time.
    I did not know others thought it was demanding…I just thought it was effective.
    I also forgot about the added recovery time…
    I’vebeendoinitwrong.jpeg
    We’ll see if I need it. Except for legs I tend to heal pretty fast.

Icarian “chicken wing” machine-side raises
    22x70, 20x50, 20x50
    10x10x100(stack)
    -awesome isolation move and just what the Dr. ordered today

Seated side Db Raise
    10x10x20
    -nice and light in consideration of my “structural damage”

Lying leg raise
    6 sets of 10

Knee ups
    4 sets of 10

-could not go on with lying leg raises so finished 10x10 for abs with another exercise

I had some cognitive reflections about training and competing this weekend…

1. According to the plastic surgeon regarding my abs and loose skin---being obese has broken/stretched/damaged some abdominal muscles, particularly my lower abdomen.
    I think I’m going to train them consistently now to keep them tight and maybe correct some of that damage he wants to fix with surgery.

2. Now that everything has set in about my trip and show I’m glad I did it. Even with the mind set of not winning.
    The things I learned and the mistakes I made travelling and getting ready for this last one would cost me placings. I’m glad I took the time, effort, and cash to learn them now when I wasn’t ready set to win vs. competing dialed in and making them then and then those mistakes tallied together might have been enough to knock me out of my spot.
    Am I making sense or am I in my own little world of warped delusions?

Tonight I have a job interview for job#2, part time. This is the job that I’m counting on to fund all my bodybuilding aspirations this year!

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    Chin up, pull up...seems to me like its all related to hand placement and grip postion. They should stick with 1 name and not confuse this dumb bb'er.
    Both chin up and pull up work the lats and biceps. The chin up (pronated grip) and a neutral grip place the biceps in stronger position of pull. As such, the biceps will contribute more to the load. The pull up places the biceps in a weaker line of pull, and the lats pick up more of the work. From what I understand, MRI scans confirm this, though the difference isn't dramatic. For progression sake, once you master chins, move to pull ups. Chins/neutral grips can be used further for progression after pull ups to L seat chins, then L seat Pulls.

10 AC's g/f bad assedness multiplier x 0 AC's badassedness = 0 current badassedness for AC's woman.
    Actually, if she is ten times more bad ass than me, than I must have at least a bad ass multiplier of 1.... whic.... nevermind.

Seriously, good to hear she's tuned in to do this.
    How is she progressing? Does she like GVT?
    She actually loves it. She does a circuit of 4 movements for a total of 40 sets that she completes in an hour (it's how she tracks her pace). We have established the weights and routines. She will progress once she does all 10 sets for 10 reps. At which point we bump the weight up (amount dependent on the movement).

So how are you keeping up with everything? Injuries, surgery, two jobs, a demanding routine, competitions, etc. That's quite a demand, how are you dealing with it all? That's a lot of sh*t in one persons plate.

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Both chin up and pull up work the lats and biceps. The chin up (pronated grip) and a neutral grip place the biceps in stronger position of pull. As such, the biceps will contribute more to the load. The pull up places the biceps in a weaker line of pull, and the lats pick up more of the work. From what I understand, MRI scans confirm this, though the difference isn't dramatic. For progression sake, once you master chins, move to pull ups. Chins/neutral grips can be used further for progression after pull ups to L seat chins, then L seat Pulls.

Actually, if she is ten times more bad ass than me, than I must have at least a bad ass multiplier of 1.... whic.... nevermind.

She actually loves it. She does a circuit of 4 movements for a total of 40 sets that she completes in an hour (it's how she tracks her pace). We have established the weights and routines. She will progress once she does all 10 sets for 10 reps. At which point we bump the weight up (amount dependent on the movement).

So how are you keeping up with everything? Injuries, surgery, two jobs, a demanding routine, competitions, etc. That's quite a demand, how are you dealing with it all? That's a lot of sh*t in one persons plate.
    K, now you got me. What is L seat?
    Thanks for the info man!!

She has a solid plan! Sounds like the 2 of you have it all worked out and there's no sense in fixing somewthing that is not broken.

My life is not hectic, really. Everything is well spaced...comps aren't until next year...there is no surgery, just something I checked with for loose skin...no 2 jobs yet...my injury has been around a looong time and its still healing...and I'm single and that takes a lot of heat out of my life.
    Seriously, thanks for asking.

December 12, 2011

I needed a change today and decided to split up my back into 2 sessions.

Today was thickness.

Back thickness- GVT

Good Mornings
    20x45, 20x95, 10x135
    10x10x185
    -not too shabby

Seated cable Row
    10x10x160

30 min Recumbant bike

I know this seems brief but that’s 20 working sets and my back was done.

Note of interest;

About 50% of the male population in my gym is ghey. (not that there’s anything wrong with that, leaves more chicks for me! )

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Off

A Friday night, I’m single, too sore to train and not too sure what to do with myself and keep outta trouble.
    This is one of them things I was looking forward to the challenge of…being normal.

I stayed home and put up the Christmas tree for my cat.

I just saw this post and lol'd out loud. George would knock the tree over FOR SURE!!!! or try to eat it.
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Now that everything has set in about my trip and show I’m glad I did it. Even with the mind set of not winning.
    The things I learned and the mistakes I made travelling and getting ready for this last one would cost me placings. I’m glad I took the time, effort, and cash to learn them now when I wasn’t ready set to win vs. competing dialed in and making them then and then those mistakes tallied together might have been enough to knock me out of my spot.
    Am I making sense or am I in my own little world of warped delusions?
    Makes perfect sense, Brian. Better to make mistakes and learn from them when the cost isn't quite so high.

Tonight I have a job interview for job#2, part time. This is the job that I’m counting on to fund all my bodybuilding aspirations this year!
    I hope this works out for you.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

I just saw this post and lol'd out loud. George would knock the tree over FOR SURE!!!! or try to eat it.
    Sandy likes to sit underneath and enjoy the lights.
    I purposefully put ornaments on the lower branches for her to play with.

My pussy could totally take out your pussy.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Makes perfect sense, Brian. Better to make mistakes and learn from them when the cost isn't quite so high.

I hope this works out for you.
    Glad you agree. My take on competing is a little skewed compared to some and I was begining to think I was developing a case of loser-itis.

It did Will!
    I'll be taking pizza orders from home and getting paid...and don't ever need to see the pizzas!!
    This is gonna be cake.
    I don't care about the position itself as I already have a career but never thought I'd take pizza orders.

December 13, 2011

There is a benefit to training back in 2 separate sessions…my erectors are so sore that I had no choice but to focus on my lats. The mind muscle connection on this one was amazing.

Back, width- GVT-modified

Wide grip Assisted “Pull Ups”----after a phone conversation with the one and only forum member “dbx” I now have the correct name
    10x-120, 10x-100
    10x10x-80
    -by set #2 the mental b.s started about not making 10 sets. By set #3 I had put that sh*t to the side.

Narrow grip leaning slightly back Pulldown—for upper back
    10x120
    10x10x160

Kneeling narrow grip Pulldown
    30x150(stack), 20x150, 20x150

15 Elliptical

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    -by set #2 the mental b.s started about not making 10 sets. By set #3 I had put that sh*t to the side.
    Did I get you thinking about this? lulz

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Did I get you thinking about this? lulz
    LOL
    No...but I did think about you when writing it. I frequenly have incidents like these...imo it doesn't matter that they're there, it matters if you quit or not.

I'm not sure if you saw my post in your journal, I think it got lost 'Bo?

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My pussy could totally take out your pussy.

I'm just going to leave that one alone. lol
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Back thickness- GVT

Good Mornings
    20x45, 20x95, 10x135
    10x10x185
    -not too shabby

Seated cable Row
    10x10x160
    Very solid work Brian. Are you feeling the GMs more in the back than the hams?

About 50% of the male population in my gym is ghey. (not that there’s anything wrong with that, leaves more chicks for me! )
    Then why are you home with your cat on Friday night?!
    David

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL
    No...but I did think about you when writing it. I frequenly have incidents like these...imo it doesn't matter that they're there, it matters if you quit or not.

I'm not sure if you saw my post in your journal, I think it got lost 'Bo?
    Yep. I overlooked it when I was having that little pity party for myself... I need to go back and pick up a couple of posts I missed earlier in the week.

I'm just going to leave that one alone. lol
    My cat drinks protein powder, has been on a 15 yr bulk, and is very good at the MMA manuevre "ground and paw".
    What's George bringing to the table? LOL

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Very solid work Brian. Are you feeling the GMs more in the back than the hams?

Then why are you home with your cat on Friday night?!
    Between foot position, tweaking the exercise, and a good MMC I do not feel GM's very much at all in my hams.
    I have never done GM's to stimulate hamstring growth...only for back.

Ummmm...good question.
    Probably 'cuz the last few ladies I've been out with belong in a psych ward.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Yep. I overlooked it when I was having that little pity party for myself... I need to go back and pick up a couple of posts I missed earlier in the week.
    I've had my fair share of them.
    but at least I never left anyone behind.
    No worries.
    Remember brother...there is more than one way to skin a cat. If you want to compete you don't have to train heavy nor come close to injuring yourself.

My cat drinks protein powder, has been on a 15 yr bulk, and is very good at the MMA manuevre "ground and paw".
    What's George bringing to the table? LOL

Between foot position, tweaking the exercise, and a good MMC I do not feel GM's very much at all in my hams.
    I have never done GM's to stimulate hamstring growth...only for back.

Ummmm...good question.
    Probably 'cuz the last few ladies I've been out with belong in a psych ward.

I've had my fair share of them.
    but at least I never left anyone behind.
    No worries.
    Remember brother...there is more than one way to skin a cat. If you want to compete you don't have to train heavy nor come close to injuring yourself.
    George is younger, faster and more agile lol

ROAD RACES

George is younger, faster and more agile lol
    But can he counter Sandy's patented wrestling move "The CLAW"!??

December 14, 2011

Writing this Dec. 15..
    Just had a co-worker ask me how I was.
    I wanted to reply that my lats and erectors were stiff as boards, my biceps are screaming from the attachments, my triceps ache at the bone, and the outside of my pecs are tender.

But no one at the office speaks bodybuilder.
    I am the freak here, as I’m sure many of you are in your work environments.

I’d have it no other way.

Arms, Abs

GVT- modified

FTR-I never did like training biceps.

EZ Preacher Curl- I know this is a good exercise but haven’t done them in a while…there’s plenty of good exercises for biceps.

20x20-wide grip, 10x20-narrow grip
    10x10x40—nothing special lifting wise but I was quite satisfied as my goal is hypertrophy not strength

Hammer Strength Dip machine-for triceps
    -its all in the angle. This exercise can be used for chest or tri’s, take your pick and adjust your hand spacing accordingly.
    30x90—for the pump and to help facilitate the MMC
    10x10x180
    -this was a very comfortable yet challenging weight. Again I was satisfied this tore it down just the right amount.

Decline crunch
    10 sets of 10

I am soon going to create a troll account here for my cat.
    I thank CF for the idea.
    Sandy (my cat) will have video of her drinking whey protein, pics of her reading Muscular Development, and perhaps a few poses.
    She will post in my journal and the over 35 misc.
    She probably does more with bodybuilding than many on there do as humans.

Writing this Dec. 15..
    Just had a co-worker ask me how I was.
    I wanted to reply that my lats and erectors were stiff as boards, my biceps are screaming from the attachments, my triceps ache at the bone, and the outside of my pecs are tender.

But no one at the office speaks bodybuilder.
    I am the freak here, as I’m sure many of you are in your work environments.

I’d have it no other way.

Arms, Abs

GVT- modified

FTR-I never did like training biceps.

EZ Preacher Curl- I know this is a good exercise but haven’t done them in a while…there’s plenty of good exercises for biceps.

20x20-wide grip, 10x20-narrow grip
    10x10x40—nothing special lifting wise but I was quite satisfied as my goal is hypertrophy not strength

Hammer Strength Dip machine-for triceps
    -its all in the angle. This exercise can be used for chest or tri’s, take your pick and adjust your hand spacing accordingly.
    30x90—for the pump and to help facilitate the MMC
    10x10x180
    -this was a very comfortable yet challenging weight. Again I was satisfied this tore it down just the right amount.

Decline crunch
    10 sets of 10

I am soon going to create a troll account here for my cat.
    I thank CF for the idea.
    Sandy (my cat) will have video of her drinking whey protein, pics of her reading Muscular Development, and perhaps a few poses.
    She will post in my journal and the over 35 misc.
    She probably does more with bodybuilding than many on there do as humans.

Oh gawd! I am not responsible!!!

Yes I am a freak at work....but for entirely different reasons lol

ROAD RACES

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Count me in for Sandy's journal. Can my cat join, too? I think my cat is more of a cardio type...

Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fiend1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh gawd! I am not responsible!!!

Yes I am a freak at work....but for entirely different reasons lol
    Yes you are!!

i mean
    meow

AA'73 is a freak in a variety of places.

Originally Posted by ChocoChick View Post
    Count me in for Sandy's journal. Can my cat join, too? I think my cat is more of a cardio type...
    No journal, she...I mean I don't train.
    But we could start the official over 35 mouse killin' thread.

brb uppn' my post count so I can post pics

Originally Posted by Fiend1998 View Post
    Yes you are!!

i mean
    meow

AA'73 is a freak in a variety of places.

No journal, she...I mean I don't train.
    But we could start the official over 35 mouse killin' thread.

brb uppn' my post count so I can post pics
    lol I heard AA is a freak ......

ROAD RACES

lol I heard AA is a freak ......
    Maaaaaaaaaaaybe.

December 15, 2011

OFF

December 16, 2011

It was going to be legs but I had this damn gut pain and felt "off".
    Been here, done that.
    99% of the time a warm up helps...today it did not.

After the 1st 5 min. on the Recumbant bike and a lack luster warm up set I decided to go back on the bike and do cardio only today.

Some might call this weaksauce...I now consider this ability to pull back when it isn't there more hardcore than when I squatted 405 for 23.

30 Recumbant
    15 Stationary

Goals met, cals burned, fat lost, and this warrior was left intact to fight another day.

December 17, 2011

Influenced by such big words as "significantly increased my workload capacity" found in IronWill's journal I decided to hold off on anything heavy and focus on the MMC and not screwing up my lower back any more.

That's a nice scientific-like term for it but I am twisted and have perverted all things bodybuilding into military lingo. For me, this is "fortifying the perimeter" or "consolidation of gains". Kinda like the Israeli's taking a WW2 Sherman tank, upgunning it, changing engines, and adding a few tweaks to the tank so it can go on and kick the azzes of 7 invading countries that were using modern technology in 1973.
    Making what you have better.

Legs

5 min Recumbant bike

Leg Press, PWO
    20x270, 20x270, 20x270
    20x450, 20x450, 20x450
    10x540, 15x540, 20x540

leg press Calf Raise, PWO
    20x540, 15x540, 14x540, 15x540, 15x540, 15x540

BB back Squats--burying it in the hole practice-AKA pickin' rice
    -squat as normal but with a 10 sec. pause in the hole before going up for each rep

7x135, 6x135, 6x135
    -head up, feet shoulder width apart, chest out, slow ascent, stop, hold, count, push from heels, full contraction...NEVER lock out

Not after weight, I'm after rep perfection.

standing single Hammer Strength Ham curl, PWO/side
    8x50
    -again, I'm after rep prefection and full contraction of the hamstring

15 Elliptical
    -my heart rate went up crazy high compared to normal. I couldn't get it this high while prepping and under the influence of caffeine and synephrine.

Things that make ya say "Hmmmm"?

December 18, 2011

Chest

GVT-modified

incline DB Press
    20x20, 20x25, 10x40, 10x50
    10x10x60
    -same weight as last session
    -by set#3 rep 7 I start swearing @ myself and the DB's. This continues the entire exercise.
    -by set#5 rep 7 I start swearing @ Bo_Flecks as this now seems like a lot of sets since reading his journal

Incline BB Press
    8x135-I just got pwned
    8failx135- just got pwned again!
    8x135- phuck it, time to break this bish

10x10x95
    -pound the bench into submission with sheer volume

standing cable Flye
    6x100
    10x90
    10x80

I'm experimenting with chest and side delts on seperate consequtive days.
    I have less than 2 weeks to go before "off season" is over.

OFF

It was going to be legs but I had this damn gut pain and felt "off".
    Been here, done that.
    99% of the time a warm up helps...today it did not.

After the 1st 5 min. on the Recumbant bike and a lack luster warm up set I decided to go back on the bike and do cardio only today.

Some might call this weaksauce...I now consider this ability to pull back when it isn't there more hardcore than when I squatted 405 for 23.

30 Recumbant
    15 Stationary

Goals met, cals burned, fat lost, and this warrior was left intact to fight another day.

Lovely tanning bed tan lines.

ROAD RACES