OmegaNemesis28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Late Night Munchies

Hello all!
    Quick pretense:
    January-April 2011 I lost over 50lbs after following guidelines primarily from 4 Hour Body, a few online tips, and select parts from other books that I felt worked will in combination to round everything off.
    Around late April was graduation, senior trip, and then that ran into summer vacation. Followed by college. So I stopped most of my workouts and stuff. I didn't gain a SINGLE pound come September! I was shocked because I pigged out for most of the summer events haha

Well, I've been trying hard since early October to get back into the swing of things but I'm having difficulty.
    While my weight hasn't been dropping, my physique has been improved according to some. Which is good - but I can't help but feel that I'm completely stalled.

One HUGE problem I constantly have is the late night munchies. I'm compelled to eat/snack on SOMETHING when I go to watch my late night shows or when studying. It's killer - and as much as I try to avoid it, it keeps getting worse. I have to be chewing on something it's almost like.

I feel that is one of the main reasons why I'm not going anywhere too fast. My workout is the definition of variation and intensity, I'm coming back with just as much if not more sweat than I used to, and I'm ~probably~ eating better than ever honestly considering college food is extremely restrictive.

jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
    Hello all!
    Quick pretense:
    January-April 2011 I lost over 50lbs after following guidelines primarily from 4 Hour Body, a few online tips, and select parts from other books that I felt worked will in combination to round everything off.
    Around late April was graduation, senior trip, and then that ran into summer vacation. Followed by college. So I stopped most of my workouts and stuff. I didn't gain a SINGLE pound come September! I was shocked because I pigged out for most of the summer events haha

Well, I've been trying hard since early October to get back into the swing of things but I'm having difficulty.
    While my weight hasn't been dropping, my physique has been improved according to some. Which is good - but I can't help but feel that I'm completely stalled.

One HUGE problem I constantly have is the late night munchies. I'm compelled to eat/snack on SOMETHING when I go to watch my late night shows or when studying. It's killer - and as much as I try to avoid it, it keeps getting worse. I have to be chewing on something it's almost like.

I feel that is one of the main reasons why I'm not going anywhere too fast. My workout is the definition of variation and intensity, I'm coming back with just as much if not more sweat than I used to, and I'm ~probably~ eating better than ever honestly considering college food is extremely restrictive.
    munch celery, u burn as many calories digesting it as u get from eating it.... dont lather it in dip tho otherwise it will defeat the purpose

Originally Posted by jtuck16 View Post
    munch celery, u burn as many calories digesting it as u get from eating it.... dont lather it in dip tho otherwise it will defeat the purpose
    I've tried celery so many times, the taste is just excruciatingly bad. For some reason, my taste buds reject it. Something had to happen in my childhood that I just don't remember with celery that makes it just so unbearable! lol

That is the most common answer though.

canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's no reason why you cant have snacks in the evening. Just fit it in your macros. I normally get really hungry just before bed at about 9:30pm so I eat peanut butter on bread and thats after a small chocolate bar most days at 8ish. I'm still losing 1-2 lbs per week.
    The body doesn't struggle to lose weight...the mind does - keep measurements, keep your sanity.

I'm an Englishman living in Canada...oh how I miss a decent curry!

Former skinny fat member @ 158lbs - now 205lbs and 15%. It's been a long journey but a rewarding one.

I just purchased $60 in Dark Chocolate (88%) and Almond Butter.
    I hope it was worth it lol

Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sugar free jello or fat free plain yogurt

phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10) phudgey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    coffee is your answer, with as little as 12 calories per mug with artificial sweetner and skimmed milk.

it's a truly wonderful apetite supressant, if i'm drinking coffee throughout the day i can live off 300-500 calories for the entire day without even feeling hungry.

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Save calories for later on in the evening and have a snack?

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by phudgey View Post
    coffee is your answer, with as little as 12 calories per mug with artificial sweetner and skimmed milk.

it's a truly wonderful apetite supressant, if i'm drinking coffee throughout the day i can live off 300-500 calories for the entire day without even feeling hungry.
    caffiene free diet soda at night, veggies, lean protein, complex carbs...profit?

PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I allow myself to have something sensible, I'm less likely to just rummage around the kitchen and dig up whatever looks good. Maybe you should try preparing something in advance, like veggies and cottage cheese, and then just having that as an allowed snack so you wont feel deprived and want more?