EastTex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rebuilding Scoped Knee after MCL tear!!

I have been trying to rebuild left leg muscles (quad, calve, ham, etc), to no avail! I lost 3cm of upper leg, and 2 cm of lower leg muscle. I get the most discomfort from leg extensions, and running. I really need some help, legs used to be my best feature!!! When trying any type of leg workout i notice that my right leg gets all the pump. Right leg is fine but am afraid to work it out to much in fear it looking more noticeable.

Uneven in Houston!!!!

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how long ago was your surgery? i tore my acl in high school and it took me close to 2 years after to build any sort of strength back in that leg. patience is key my friend. good luck to you. also, be very cautious on the leg extension machine as it can aggravate those ligaments especially during the repairing stages.

Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    how long ago was your surgery? i tore my acl in high school and it took me close to 2 years after to build any sort of strength back in that leg. patience is key my friend. good luck to you. also, be very cautious on the leg extension machine as it can aggravate those ligaments especially during the repairing stages.
    It was around four years ago, wasnt lifting back then. Only did physical rehabilitation and went back to work. I cant seem to get FRM when extending my leg, what do ya think?

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    oh yes i remember rehab quite well! flexibility becomes an issue but it's just something you have to work on and retrain your body. knee surgery puts a lot of stress on your body and you have to work that much harder but i assure you it will get better. glute and hamstring stretching is key..

Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    oh yes i remember rehab quite well! flexibility becomes an issue but it's just something you have to work on and retrain your body. knee surgery puts a lot of stress on your body and you have to work that much harder but i assure you it will get better. glute and hamstring stretching is key..
    Thanks for the info!!

Registered User wannabetoughguy's Avatar
    wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000) wannabetoughguy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would only listen to doctors, physicians, and other professionals on this matter.

"Do you have insurance?" Is the question.

My doctor said listen to my body. This left knee shifted to the outside, and popped one day last summer. I had mowed a few lawns up and down some hills the day before. No needle, or MRI, only an X-ray. I wore an Ace knee brace from Walgreens for two months and never used it again.

The exercises that I train with are free weight squat, and calf raises on the leg press. DLs at least once a month. All machines caused pain to my knees, including seated calf raises.

Listen to your body, pain is a warning sign, and most of all, seek a professional opinion.. Goodluck!
    Just Bleed

Interstellar Crew

Married Crew

mackdaddydmac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm in a similar situation to you
    a little over a year ago i tore my ACL, MCL, meniscus, and chipped some bone/bone bruise in my left knee
    i'm just starting to get back into the gym again and i actually just squatted yesterday for the first time in a long time even before the injury
    today my right leg, non injured leg, is tight and sore but my left leg is completely fine
    i'm starting to do things where i can isolate my left leg like lying leg curls and using the leg press machine with 1 leg.

my doctor who did the surgery said that squats are really good in order to build up my leg strength again but it seems like its going to be a long road back before i am lifting what i used to do