BeauZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How does my workout program look? Needs some advice!

Hey. recently, I created a new workout routine for myself. it's a cycle.

Mon-chest/shoulder
    Tues-back/triceps
    Weds-traps (night)/(cardio in the morning)
    Thurs-Biceps(night)/(cardio in the morning)
    Fri-Chest/shoulder
    Sat-back/triceps
    Sun-Traps (Cardio in the Morning)
    Mon-Biceps(Cardio in the Morning)
    Tues-Chest/shoulder.... and so on...
    I been enjoying this workout because i can give the target muscles three days off before I hit them again. However, there is not a time when i completely take a day off from the lifting. I been thinking that since i train biceps alone on one day, I been getting enough rest from that day. If I put a day off, then I will be giving each muscle 4 days off, which I think is way too long....... Should I stick with this schedule or should I adjust a little bit. Any kind of advice or adjustment on this schedule will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    P.S. I perfer to hit each of the muscle twice a week.

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BeauZ View Post
    Hey. recently, I created a new workout routine for myself. it's a cycle.

Mon-chest/shoulder
    Tues-back/triceps
    Weds-traps (night)/(cardio in the morning)
    Thurs-Biceps(night)/(cardio in the morning)
    Fri-Chest/shoulder
    Sat-back/triceps
    Sun-Traps (Cardio in the Morning)
    Mon-Biceps(Cardio in the Morning)
    Tues-Chest/shoulder.... and so on...
    I been enjoying this workout because i can give the target muscles three days off before I hit them again. However, there is not a time when i completely take a day off from the lifting. I been thinking that since i train biceps alone on one day, I been getting enough rest from that day. If I put a day off, then I will be giving each muscle 4 days off, which I think is way too long....... Should I stick with this schedule or should I adjust a little bit. Any kind of advice or adjustment on this schedule will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    P.S. I perfer to hit each of the muscle twice a week.
    That is not a program. There is nary a mention of exercises, reps, sets, intensity or progression. Furthermore it follows the backward body-part-split ideology that so plagues those that are none the wiser.

Do Starting Strength. Learn why Starting Strength is superior to your "program" and then you will be able to not only entertain yourself but you will be able to make progress. Unless you just want to feel good exercising with no other purpose and little if any progress.

Do you have goals?

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Heavy_Beats View Post
    Do you have goals?
    More importantly.... does he have legs?

MuscleManAdams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im newer also, Wish I could offer some advice, but I have a brother who gives me advice on what to do...
    if you got the body space thing, send me a friend request. I Will pass along the tips.
    When the Going gets tough, forget about the tough getting on a go!
    Show them your boss, Take control!

Originally Posted by Heavy_Beats View Post
    That is not a program. There is nary a mention of exercises, reps, sets, intensity or progression. Furthermore it follows the backward body-part-split ideology that so plagues those that are none the wiser.

Do Starting Strength. Learn why Starting Strength is superior to your "program" and then you will be able to not only entertain yourself but you will be able to make progress. Unless you just want to feel good exercising with no other purpose and little if any progress.

Do you have goals?
    Well, I been lifting for 3 years now. and before this new routine, I did the triceps/chest, backs/biceps, and the shoulder/traps split. But during this routine, I felt that my triceps and biceps are not well trained because by the time I train them, its already kind exhuasted. I didn't feel any gain on my arms. so therefore, I came up this routine. If you think this routine is not well organizedd, could you give me any advice on how to adjust this routine?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by JSNeves View Post
    Yeah..... I do sprints almost everyday, especially during the cardio day. I do squats and other exercise with a lighter weights and more reps. I normally use my body weight during my leg exercises, such as bend my knee and jump for 100 meters. (I don't know whats that called......) But stuff like that.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yeah..... I do sprints almost everyday, especially during the cardio day. I do squats and other exercise with a lighter weights and more reps. I normally use my body weight during my leg exercises, such as bend my knee and jump for 100 meters. (I don't know whats that called......) But stuff like that.
    We hear this a lot

Train your lower body like your upper body - with a challenging weight. Yes it's hard but it will build the foundation of your physique.

slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't neglect your legs during your weight training. Obviously your goals are aimed toward your upper body but you'll look like a cartoon when it's said and done. With that being said, although you are giving specific body parts a few days of rest, you need to rest the body as a whole. If you are working out every day then your body is constantly producing cortisol and this will inhibit muscle growth in all muscle groups. Maybe try a push/leg/pull three day split with one day of rest in between each one. Do this with compound lifts and you'll start seeing the results you want (as long as your diet is in check)

bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000) bdrusse is just really nice. (+1000)
    I say its terrible. No legs, and you are wasting two whole days doing Bis andTraps on their own days.

If you do enough pullups/chins on back day, that should almost negate the need for bicep work all together. Traps...should be zero reason you cant do that on shoulder or back day, you pick.

Take one of those days and make it a leg day, take the other off or do cardio.
    Not stopping cut till I look good "douche'n it up" by running without a shirt

Registered User GamesAreAwesome's Avatar
    GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GamesAreAwesome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You need to work on your core as well. You must work all of your body otherwise it will be unbalanced

Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb

In addition to the other criticisms already mentioned which I agree with 100%, you are effectively working triceps 2 days in a row, assuming of course you are using bench presses (like you should be) instead of some over rated machine. Id put money on the fact that you are using machines or isolation exercises for at least 70% of your lifting, have no weight/rep progression plan, and don't lift anywhere near respectable amounts of weight. If you did any of these things, you wouldn't be on this 7 day a week program for more than 2 weeks.

This "program" is just a mess in a lot of ways.

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, I been lifting for 3 years now. and before this new routine, I did the triceps/chest, backs/biceps, and the shoulder/traps split. But during this routine, I felt that my triceps and biceps are not well trained because by the time I train them, its already kind exhuasted. I didn't feel any gain on my arms. so therefore, I came up this routine. If you think this routine is not well organizedd, could you give me any advice on how to adjust this routine?

Thanks!
    I would like to think you are just a troll but I see spineless pussies at the gym everyday and it makes me sick. I have told you what to do.

Originally Posted by JSNeves View Post
    Sharper eyes than I have.

lol.