OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Suggestions required - Diet plan with Pakistani/Indian foods

I am just starting with body building and since I am located in Pakistan I don't have access to most ( if not all ) diets that are available in other locations. Alternates are there for example grilled chicken breast ( with lower fats ) can be supplemented with chicken tikka ( higher fats and surprisingly higher proteins + carbs ) but no supplement for each and everything. Anyone here from Pakistan or India who already have a plan that is working good for him. According to my research, combination of most foods that can be consumed here give no more than 50g of protein and carbs, well they can be covered. I request at least 158g of proteins in my case.

My current diet involves mainly vegetables, eggs and chicken every now and then but obviously thats needed to be changed. As anyone belonging from the above mentioned area knows that its all about taste and no nutrition here. Some serious advice required!
    Last edited by OrgzChaos; 11-27-2011 at 11:11 PM.

andnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No / Low fat Paneer, Beans.

OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrgzChaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any others? I am breaking down my diet plan according to various items so I can switch between those. I am not dividing it in daily meals, even thou I'll split every day's diet in 6-8 different meals.

7 Potatoes ( for daily carbs )
    2.5 Cups roasted soybeans ( for daily proteins )

Need more items to put in the list
    Last edited by OrgzChaos; 11-28-2011 at 09:31 PM.

hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by andnc View Post
    No / Low fat Paneer, Beans.
    Why no/ low fat?
    **Hates stupid Hats crew**

hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by OrgzChaos View Post
    I am just starting with body building and since I am located in Pakistan I don't have access to most ( if not all ) diets that are available in other locations. Alternates are there for example grilled chicken breast ( with lower fats ) can be supplemented with chicken tikka ( higher fats and surprisingly higher proteins + carbs ) but no supplement for each and everything. Anyone here from Pakistan or India who already have a plan that is working good for him. According to my research, combination of most foods that can be consumed here give no more than 50g of protein and carbs, well they can be covered. I request at least 158g of proteins in my case.

My current diet involves mainly vegetables, eggs and chicken every now and then but obviously thats needed to be changed. As anyone belonging from the above mentioned area knows that its all about taste and no nutrition here. Some serious advice required!
    What is your goal?
    Are you looking to put on weight?
    What are your stats?

TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    ~ You dont have to eat 6 times a day.
    ~ read the stickies , it has information that applies to any region. With that basic info you can set up your own diet and add whatever foods you like making sure there is variety, that meets macro and micro nutrient sufficiancy.
    Mod Neg = 1

Originally Posted by TransientBeing View Post
    ~ You dont have to eat 6 times a day.
    ~ read the stickies , it has information that applies to any region. With that basic info you can set up your own diet and add whatever foods you like making sure there is variety, that meets macro and micro nutrient sufficiancy.
    ^^This

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Link to Sticky on Calculating Macronutrient needs^^

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think I could easily spend the rest of my life eating chicken tikka, tandoori chicken, rice, naan, samosa....and no problems reaching daily macro requirements.

OP - I have no doubt you have some great food sources available to you for success!!!
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

Great, I just read the macronutrient sticky and figured that my daily protein intake should be much, much lower than what is shown everywhere else on the site, even on videos and calculators so I hope this is the right amount. It sounds pretty realistic to take this much amount of proteins but according to the calculations my fat requirements are 49g, cal requirements are 1300g and protein requirements around 60g. This brings my carbs requirements to more than 310g daily. Is this right because I think protein dropped to a realistic amount but carbs really shot up!

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great, I just read the macronutrient sticky and figured that my daily protein intake should be much, much lower than what is shown everywhere else on the site, even on videos and calculators so I hope this is the right amount. It sounds pretty realistic to take this much amount of proteins but according to the calculations my fat requirements are 49g, cal requirements are 1300g and protein requirements around 60g. This brings my carbs requirements to more than 310g daily. Is this right because I think protein dropped to a realistic amount but carbs really shot up!
    You need to redo your calculations as they are terribly wrong

Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't eat processed foods/grains any of that ****!

Bam! Good to go
    Have a good day, fellow miscer.

dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Low fat curry with some samosas and chutney post workout should do.

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    You need to redo your calculations as they are terribly wrong
    Fraid ya right.

OP, check the math, make sure you do the right conversion from kilograms to pounds, that's where I went wrong my first try. Unless of course you only have around 60 pounds of lean body mass. Highly unlikely

Originally Posted by hawaiistack View Post
    Fraid ya right.

OP, check the math, make sure you do the right conversion from kilograms to pounds, that's where I went wrong my first try. Unless of course you only have around 60 pounds of lean body mass. Highly unlikely
    I am following the general sports guideline values, instead of the bodybuilding ones. Maybe I got biased because they seemed to be more realistic. Alright, back to the drawing board. Proteins shot up 100+ again.

Proteins 108g
    Fats 49g ( I am sure I am consuming this much already )
    Carbs 112g

Low fat curry with some samosas and chutney post workout should do.
    Samoas can handle the carbs but there are various types of curries, which one are you talking about? Ones I am eating right now are not high on protein for sure. Maybe 5% max, but not more. Can you point me to the recipe?

ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Re-calculate your calorie needs, that is way too low unless you are a 8 year old girl.
    Actually 8 year old girl would probably eat more.
    hi (╯°□°)╯┻━┻

dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Samoas can handle the carbs but there are various types of curries, which one are you talking about? Ones I am eating right now are not high on protein for sure. Maybe 5% max, but not more. Can you point me to the recipe?
    Just buy the frozen ****sos, I don't have a recipe for the curry, but the curry im talking about is the yellow spicy one. If you want you can eat some gulab jamaan post-workout. Tomorow when I come home from my workout I'm going to have some gulab jaman with a mango lasse. Yogurt for protein.

I was being messy with the calculations, but these would be the correct ones I guess:

49 kg of weight
    49 * 2.20 * 1.0 [ 107.8g proteins ]
    49 * 1.0 [ 49g fats ]
    1617 - (107.8*4) - (49*9) [ 745g carbs! ]

745g of carbs, even real?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was being messy with the calculations, but these would be the correct ones I guess:

49 kg of weight
    49 * 1.0 [ 49g fats ]

No - try again..

TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TransientBeing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

49 kg of weight
    49 * 1.0 [ 49g fats ]

49 kg! Are you serious? Any health issues?

Please eat more nuts , nut
    butters , meats and milkshakes(lassi) full fat etc.
    The problem with indian/pakistani diet is it revolves
    around rice, ppl hardly eat enough protein. Make sure to not fill yourself with just rice( carbs) meet the pro and fats also, them being your top priority.

In addition , I suggest you speak with a professional , get tests done , blood work etc.
    Mod Neg = 1

745 calories not grams , divide to get it in grams , comes at maybe 170~200g carbs

sorry for double posting.
    Mod Neg = 1

First, what did your Maintenance kcals come out too? I used Katch-Mcardle Method. For me was 3,300 Maintenance. I'm cutting now on 2,800, VERY Slowly.
    200g protein, 100g Fat, and carbs to fill up.

<<<<Stats @ 17% or so BF.

I get the feeling you might have less LBM than I, should give you something to compare too though.

Anyone ITT possibly similar size wanna thow out their Macro's for OP?

Originally Posted by TransientBeing View Post
    745 calories not grams , divide to get it in grams , comes at maybe 170~200g carbs

sorry for double posting.
    Oops.. missed the division..

so thats 186g carbs!

hmm.. realistic lets see what I can come up with.

Thou each samosa contains around 9g of carbs so I have to eat like 20 of those daily!

And no I don't have any health issues, I always had low weights. Thou I am planning to boost it as you can see

First, what did your Maintenance kcals come out too? I used Katch-Mcardle Method. For me was 3,300 Maintenance. I'm cutting now on 2,800, VERY Slowly.
    200g protein, 100g Fat, and carbs to fill up.

<<<<Stats @ 17% or so BF.

I get the feeling you might have less LBM than I, should give you something to compare too though.

Anyone ITT possibly similar size wanna thow out their Macro's for OP?
    For calories I am using weight in kg x 2.20 x 15 method I've seen in the videos here. Giving me 1617..

For calories I am using weight in kg x 2.20 x 15 method I've seen in the videos here. Giving me 1617..
    I am not farmiliar with that formula. Do you weigh 107lbs? or 49kg?

edit: Saw post where you stated weight. Your extremely light OP, I wouldnt worry about Calories. Just Eat all that you can.

Nuts
    Peanut Butter
    Fat
    Bacon
    Fat
    Cheese
    Chicken
    Fat
    Steak
    Ice Cream
    Fat

. Do you weigh 107lbs? or 49kg?

There's no difference

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    There's no difference