tsukinoiri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy I think my body's weird, help?

okay,

I look really chubby and blocky,
    but I'm a girl that can do 4x800 in about 17 or so minutes,
    do about 18 consecutive good form push-ups
    and I have a 14.5 sec time for 100m sprint.
    and I'm just basically pretty good at anything sporty.

But I'm just so fat and flabby..?
    And it just won't seem to go down.

Plus, I'm finally in university, and I barely have time for exercise(Though I do try to run in the mornings), and I'm don't have much of a food choice
    because I eat at residence.

I was pretty skinny before 15, and after that I just started growing.

will I ever get that really athletic body everybody else seems to have?
    I'm so discouraged..

reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagansquad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tsukinoiri View Post
    okay,

I look really chubby and blocky,
    but I'm a girl that can do 4x800 in about 17 or so minutes,
    do about 18 consecutive good form push-ups
    and I have a 14.5 sec time for 100m sprint.
    and I'm just basically pretty good at anything sporty.

But I'm just so fat and flabby..?
    And it just won't seem to go down.

Plus, I'm finally in university, and I barely have time for exercise(Though I do try to run in the mornings), and I'm don't have much of a food choice
    because I eat at residence.

I was pretty skinny before 15, and after that I just started growing.

will I ever get that really athletic body everybody else seems to have?
    I'm so discouraged..
    You might have a body that naturally wants to be a little bit thicker. Some of us are stuck with that, just means we have to work harder. IMHO you focus a lot on the workout, but not the diet. There are plenty of healthy options available at the dorm cafeteria, you just have to be committed to it. Also, you might try switching to different birth control pills if you're on em. Some can make you gain weight, some can make you lose.
    I'm here to make my body look like dubstep sounds.

DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000) DAames is just really nice. (+1000)
    I didn't see the word "calorie" once in your post. You need to figure out your maintenance intake and eat at a caloric deficit.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Diet and caloie counting. Until you master these you can't expect to have agreat body. Anyone who says u can skimp on ur diet is retarded. I was in ur same exact shoes a year ago. Physically capable of exercise and being active, but didn't look it. Know what got me where I am now? Counting calories. That will be the majority of ur results. Read all the stickies. Eat high protein diet. Eat at a caloric deficit. Train your WHOLE body with resistance exercises and don't buy into broscience BS.

Id be more in dept but I'm kind on shift now

Originally Posted by reagansquad View Post
    You might have a body that naturally wants to be a little bit thicker. Some of us are stuck with that, just means we have to work harder. IMHO you focus a lot on the workout, but not the diet. There are plenty of healthy options available at the dorm cafeteria, you just have to be committed to it. Also, you might try switching to different birth control pills if you're on em. Some can make you gain weight, some can make you lose.
    Thanks. It's true that I feel like I have to work harder, and even truer that I have to focus more on dieting.

Originally Posted by DAames View Post
    I didn't see the word "calorie" once in your post. You need to figure out your maintenance intake and eat at a caloric deficit.
    I am eating at a calorie deficit, but I guess not enough.

Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    Diet and caloie counting. Until you master these you can't expect to have agreat body. Anyone who says u can skimp on ur diet is retarded. I was in ur same exact shoes a year ago. Physically capable of exercise and being active, but didn't look it. Know what got me where I am now? Counting calories. That will be the majority of ur results. Read all the stickies. Eat high protein diet. Eat at a caloric deficit. Train your WHOLE body with resistance exercises and don't buy into broscience BS.

Id be more in dept but I'm kind on shift now
    Thanks! I viewed your profile, and I look almost identical in body fat to your before picture. I'm amazed at how awesome you look now! That's motivation enough for me to focus more on diet.

I have another question: How many calories do you intake now just to keep your shape? Is it normal intake?

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tsukinoiri View Post
    I am eating at a calorie deficit, but I guess not enough.
    If your are not losing weight, you are not in a calorie deficit.

ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mightymuff View Post
    If your are not losing weight, you are not in a calorie deficit.
    I eat at a calorie deficit.
    I have upped my workouts and cardio.
    Most people would say that I am cheating or lying if I am not losing weight... but, why lie? I know how hard I am working and I know how great I have become at counting calories (I measure everything out during meal planning), with that being said... I am not losing. For awhile my measurements were changing, but now I am at a standstill. This is not some kind of plea for anything, it is just a comment that it is not always true that if you are eating at a deficit that you will lose. There are other factors that interfere.
    "It's these long days, the ones that drag on when all else are feasting and we are fasting; when all else are tiring and we are training--these are the days that make us a breed apart. Our silent suffering separates us."

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ashgonz View Post
    I eat at a calorie deficit.
    I have upped my workouts and cardio.
    Most people would say that I am cheating or lying if I am not losing weight... but, why lie? I know how hard I am working and I know how great I have become at counting calories (I measure everything out during meal planning), with that being said... I am not losing. For awhile my measurements were changing, but now I am at a standstill. This is not some kind of plea for anything, it is just a comment that it is not always true that if you are eating at a deficit that you will lose. There are other factors that interfere.
    Like water retention. But that doesn't mean you aren't losing fat.

The fact is, if you aren't losing fat and the scale stays the same, you are eating at maintenance. If you aren't losing fat, then you aren't eating at a deficit. There's no way around this.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    Like water retention. But that doesn't mean you aren't losing fat.

The fact is, if you aren't losing fat and the scale stays the same, you are eating at maintenance. If you aren't losing fat, then you aren't eating at a deficit. There's no way around this.
    Come live with me for a few weeks, I will prove it to you.
    That doesn't mean that I think the OP is experiencing the same. It is obvious that committing to both a nutritional plan and workout program, is currently the missing link.
    "It's these long days, the ones that drag on when all else are feasting and we are fasting; when all else are tiring and we are training--these are the days that make us a breed apart. Our silent suffering separates us."

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ashgonz View Post
    Come live with me for a few weeks, I will prove it to you.
    Prove what? That your maintenance is some low calorie figure? By the definition of the word, if you are not losing any fat you are eating at maintenance and hence not in a calorie deficit.

CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10) CEGH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You need to realise, if you body doesn't get energy, where else can it get it from? Fat. If there is no fat then you can't make energy appear out of nowhere.

This is why eating less calories will make you lose weight.

What I found was I started to lose weight, then I stopped. I had to eat less than I was when I was losing weight.

If you posted a weeks worth of what you eat I'm sure we would find out the reason why you are not losing.

You don't even need to do any cardio to lose weight either.