CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000) CarlWayne88 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Need motivation to quit drinking.

please post something can seem to never quit.
    - Bernie Sanders 2016

Quit Smoking Crew 03/01/2015
    Quit Drinking Crew 04/12/2015

ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do you want to be a drunk forever?

If not quit

fishinfool88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ArmstrongBrah View Post
    Do you want to be a drunk forever?

If not quit
    I found that all it took was being sober around my friends who were drunk, once. Just thinking that I ever acted like that or chowed down on some of the nastiest **** in the universe was enough to end me on it for quite some time.

deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CarlWayne88 View Post
    Why not quit?

S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000) S1D3SW1P3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why do you even really like drinking that much? The only time I ever drank really heavily in my life was right after I got back from Iraq, tried to stomp out issues with alcohol. That doesn't work. They'll only come back, bigger and badder than before.

What is your motivation to drink?

tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tandpr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Look at what you will eventually become. Charlie Sheen? Kinda off base since a celeb, but look at him then and now. Or an older drunk in your area. They look way older and run down than they are. Wrecks the body.

It hasn't worked 100% for me yet because I keep sayin "this time I will only have a few" Then you wake up with no memory of what happened, an empty wallet, and regrets Some of us just can't stop so you gotta never even start.

Posting this as much for myself as I am for you. Struggling too

slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10) slukefahr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CarlWayne88 View Post
    If you're into building muscle, there's a lot of reasons to quit. It dehydrates you and flushes the water and nutrients from your muscles. This makes it impossible for them to rebuild during the recovery process. With the fluids drained from the muscle, you are no longer able to synthesize protein which obviously hinders the muscle repairing and recovery process. You get terrible rest after a night of drinking and don't usually enter the rapid eye movement stage of deep sleep (3rd stage). This also interrupts the recovery process. Lastly I'll mention that it lowers testosterone, which is the hormone that enables us as men to build muscle. You are now left with elevated levels of estrogen, the female hormone.

I drink heavily on Friday and Saturday nights. It helps me socialize with friends and meet new people. It minimizes some of my muscle gains but i try to work my training schedule around it. You need to figure out for yourself why you drink and if it's worth the baggage it brings with it

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juvenilecomedy#p/u

Watch some of this guy's videos. He quit drinking, look at all the positive changes in his life from it too. Most of my family is or has been alcoholics, that alone is motivation for me to not drink, didn't even crack a beer for my 21st. Seeing people's lives ruined by alcohol is strong motivation in and of itself; wish you the best man, good luck quitting.

Kravfighter137 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In a few months, you can either be a pathetic, guilt ridden failure, or a ****ing tribute to human will. Harden the **** up. And stay motivated brother. Good luck
    "A good exercise is not measure by the directions you are pushing the weight, but the directions you are keeping the weight from falling."

Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What makes you drink?
    Solve that and figure out a way to break that habit. It's not an easy task to break bad tendencies, but there's always a reason for why we do things. If you're drinking and yet you don't want to be drinking, something is impacting you enough to push you to do it.
    Goodluck OP.

sammybrewcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammybrewcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammybrewcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammybrewcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammybrewcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammybrewcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if it's in issue with your friends, perhaps you should distance yourself a bit from your friends. i dont mean to sound like a prick, but there just is no point to dedicating yourself to a life of fitness and then counter acting that with poor nutrition. alcohol, once abused, becomes a poor nutrition choice.

put yourself in a better environment. if you constantly hang around people that curse like sailors, so will you. if you hang around a person who is very negative, you take on that person's negativity. i've been there. distance yourself from the factors that put you in a position to fail.

hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sammybrewcrew View Post
    if it's in issue with your friends, perhaps you should distance yourself a bit from your friends. i dont mean to sound like a prick, but there just is no point to dedicating yourself to a life of fitness and then counter acting that with poor nutrition. alcohol, once abused, becomes a poor nutrition choice.

put yourself in a better environment. if you constantly hang around people that curse like sailors, so will you. if you hang around a person who is very negative, you take on that person's negativity. i've been there. distance yourself from the factors that put you in a position to fail.
    ^^*this.
    If you want to quit drinking you need to start with people and places...
    **Hates stupid Hats crew**

Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10) Loadout is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ask yourself this, do you want to quit? If yes just do it, if you want to you can, if you dont want to you cant.

Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jake98SVT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hawaiistack View Post
    ^^*this.
    If you want to quit drinking you need to start with people and places...
    I would have to disagree with ya bro, I'm Hispanic(had to throw the racial stereotyoe out lol) and my family/friends drink ALOT and it has no effect on me. I use to be like them but decided what's best for me right now is to control my temptations.. It's All in your head. If you truly want to stop you will..

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tandpr View Post
    Look at what you will eventually become. Charlie Sheen? Kinda off base since a celeb, but look at him then and now. Or an older drunk in your area. They look way older and run down than they are. Wrecks the body.

It hasn't worked 100% for me yet because I keep sayin "this time I will only have a few" Then you wake up with no memory of what happened, an empty wallet, and regrets Some of us just can't stop so you gotta never even start.

Posting this as much for myself as I am for you. Struggling too
    Originally Posted by slukefahr View Post
    If you're into building muscle, there's a lot of reasons to quit. It dehydrates you and flushes the water and nutrients from your muscles. This makes it impossible for them to rebuild during the recovery process. With the fluids drained from the muscle, you are no longer able to synthesize protein which obviously hinders the muscle repairing and recovery process. You get terrible rest after a night of drinking and don't usually enter the rapid eye movement stage of deep sleep (3rd stage). This also interrupts the recovery process. Lastly I'll mention that it lowers testosterone, which is the hormone that enables us as men to build muscle. You are now left with elevated levels of estrogen, the female hormone.

I drink heavily on Friday and Saturday nights. It helps me socialize with friends and meet new people. It minimizes some of my muscle gains but i try to work my training schedule around it. You need to figure out for yourself why you drink and if it's worth the baggage it brings with it
    Originally Posted by sammybrewcrew View Post

Some very good posts here. I'll try to add in my 2 cents and hopefully,its worth more than 2 cents.
    I've come to realize that its best to be true to yourself pertaining to this matter of flawness from within.
    "Learn the art of moderation" if drinking is really something you really look forward to and seemingly makes you're world go round,at least on
    those certain days at those certain times. Trying different brands(Beer Conossuier) or "Wine Conossuier" is a great way to pave the way towards "The art of moderation approach",this method of drinking is much better than buying
    as much beer or wine or liquor for the buck coz you know you want high quantity consumption at minimum spending.(This is a great way to become a drunk).

Instead of this terrible approach,Become a disciplined consumer of alcoholic drinks. Decide that drinking 2 high end top tier beers or 2 drinks of high end fine wine is the much wiser and more mature approach,and obviously healthier approach to drinking. I've noticed whenever i stuck with high end stuff,i didnt desire to drink more than 2 or maybe 3 on occassion,as oppossed to opting for cheaper stuff and winding up getting into that more "drink to get drunk mode". Its all about the approach whether you can really enjoy 2 drinks and be content to stop there and then munchie out or eat a good dinner,or opt to get lots of cheap stuff so you can get lots of bang(drunkeness) for the buck. Gotta stop tempting oneself to drink extra to overcome alcohol indulgence if one absolutely cannot or utterly refuses to exclusively stick with total abstinence forever. I for one could never go that route, A couple of really good beers is something i can look forward to when the rest of life is very empty and boring.
    *Addicted to swimming during the summer crew.*
    *Despisement of 2nd hand smoke crew.*
    *Bring back the Commodore 64 crew.*
    *Create a new electric car/vehicle thats under 5 grand crew !*
    *I work very hard for very little pay crew. : ( *
    *I am just "Not Of" this stupid selfish world crew.*
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *
    *I grew up an Ultra Late Bloomer crew.*

likes to move it, move it riongardner's Avatar
    riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50) riongardner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by slukefahr View Post

Definitely going to quote these to my workout partner... he loves to drink! Thanks
    Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize.

hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thor93 View Post
    Some very good posts here. I'll try to add in my 2 cents and hopefully,its worth more than 2 cents.
    I've come to realize that its best to be true to yourself pertaining to this matter of flawness from within.
    "Learn the art of moderation" if drinking is really something you really look forward to and seemingly makes you're world go round,at least on
    those certain days at those certain times. Trying different brands(Beer Conossuier) or "Wine Conossuier" is a great way to pave the way towards "The art of moderation approach",this method of drinking is much better than buying
    as much beer or wine or liquor for the buck coz you know you want high quantity consumption at minimum spending.(This is a great way to become a drunk).

Instead of this terrible approach,Become a disciplined consumer of alcoholic drinks. Decide that drinking 2 high end top tier beers or 2 drinks of high end fine wine is the much wiser and more mature approach,and obviously healthier approach to drinking. I've noticed whenever i stuck with high end stuff,i didnt desire to drink more than 2 or maybe 3 on occassion,as oppossed to opting for cheaper stuff and winding up getting into that more "drink to get drunk mode". Its all about the approach whether you can really enjoy 2 drinks and be content to stop there and then munchie out or eat a good dinner,or opt to get lots of cheap stuff so you can get lots of bang(drunkeness) for the buck. Gotta stop tempting oneself to drink extra to overcome alcohol indulgence if one absolutely cannot or utterly refuses to exclusively stick with total abstinence forever. I for one could never go that route, A couple of really good beers is something i can look forward to when the rest of life is very empty and boring.
    Negged!

(notsrs)

OP is asking for help to quit drinking, and you gave him justification to keep drinking? I am dissapoint

OP- try this--http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112883921&p=775796923#post7757969 23

edit: hyperlink not working, cut and paste..

valarlight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) valarlight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) valarlight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) valarlight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) valarlight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) valarlight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My first post, might aswell put it to good use.

So I'm an alcoholic who's just gotten over his addiction about a month ago and I'm only 21, I was drinking 24/7 for the past 4 years before work, after work, at home, outside, in the morning, in the evening and I was drinking upwards of 60-100 units of alcohol a week, and the biggest problem about this? I was drinking it all on my own.

I put on 5 stone, I'm now overweight and going through a major depressive disorder, severe anxiety and agoraphobia and alcohol didn't help at all.

So I went to seek help, therapy wouldn't treat me until I had sorted my addiction out. 4 months ago they recommended me a local group. It was at that point in my life I just stopped. I'd had enough, I never went to the group. I just stopped drinking, I now have total control again, I can drink just 1 beer and be happy. I still crave alcohol and I'll never give it up because I do enjoy drinking with friends and I like the taste of all the different spirits and beers. But it's control that I have again, and you can give yourself that control. it's that one step onto my road of recovery, and now I'm tackling my weight and self-esteem. I just got my sleeping under control by myself, I haven't even started counselling or therapy, I see no friends anymore, I barely talk to anyone, but I'm determined to sort my life out. So you can do it Hope that helps in some way...

Originally Posted by valarlight View Post
    My first post, might aswell put it to good use.

So I'm an alcoholic who's just gotten over his addiction about a month ago and I'm only 21, I was drinking 24/7 for the past 4 years before work, after work, at home, outside, in the morning, in the evening and I was drinking upwards of 60-100 units of alcohol a week, and the biggest problem about this? I was drinking it all on my own.

I put on 5 stone, I'm now overweight and going through a major depressive disorder, severe anxiety and agoraphobia and alcohol didn't help at all.

So I went to seek help, therapy wouldn't treat me until I had sorted my addiction out. 4 months ago they recommended me a local group. It was at that point in my life I just stopped. I'd had enough, I never went to the group. I just stopped drinking, I now have total control again, I can drink just 1 beer and be happy. I still crave alcohol and I'll never give it up because I do enjoy drinking with friends and I like the taste of all the different spirits and beers. But it's control that I have again, and you can give yourself that control. it's that one step onto my road of recovery, and now I'm tackling my weight and self-esteem. I just got my sleeping under control by myself, I haven't even started counselling or therapy, I see no friends anymore, I barely talk to anyone, but I'm determined to sort my life out. So you can do it Hope that helps in some way...
    Welcome big fella

Originally Posted by Jake98SVT View Post
    I would have to disagree with ya bro, I'm Hispanic(had to throw the racial stereotyoe out lol) and my family/friends drink ALOT and it has no effect on me. I use to be like them but decided what's best for me right now is to control my temptations.. It's All in your head. If you truly want to stop you will..

Hnnnnnggg!! JK, props for slowin down.

In my experience, getting away from temptation>trying to just deal with it. Most will lose. Family though is a tough one, you can only hope they are understanding and supportive.

OP, you started this, where'd ya go? Ya gettin krunked?