Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100)

Talking Workout Routine/ Diet..Critique please

Ok, so I've been searching the forums and doing a lot of research over the internet and I've created a workout program for myself and a 3,500 calorie diet for a bulk. But first, a little bit about myself.

I'm 19 years old, 6'2, 180 lbs, decent body type. I'm not bean stalk skinny but i'm not big either, i'm right in the middle and I'm wanting to do a bulk so i can fill out my frame. I used to workout a lot when I was 16/17 but the past 2 years I've become lazy/too busy to workout and I'm finally trying to get back in the game here. Note- I've seemed to held all my weight since I used to workout but I know my strength has gone down a lot. I've done the whole "browse workout to workout program" and I think I fell into the "Hardgainer" hole. But I really don't know if i'm a hardgainer or not, i was just basing this off of the fact that i'm sort of skinny and have an ecto-like body type. So here is my workout program first-

I'm unable to go to a gym, and afford the membership but i've got a couple dumbbells and a barbell that i can load up with a lot of weight. So i'll be working out at home. And F.Y.I. I know bench press is superior to push ups but all I can do is push ups at my home and through lots of research I learned that push ups aren't that bad! it's body through space and recruits more muscles and the only problem people have with push ups is the progressive overload, which a backpack full of weight and elevated feet should be able to solve no problem. Anyways, I'll stop ranting and get on with the program.

It's a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday split, with cardio on tuesday and thursdays.

1. Squat 3x12
    2. push-up 3x12
    3. dips 3x12
    4. pull-up 3x12
    5. military press 3x12
    6. shrugs 3x12
    7. various abs exercises/ sit ups, crunches, hanging leg raises...3x12

Cardio will be just a simple mile or a mile and a half on tuesday and thursday. I don't want to overdo it with that since I'm on a bulk, but i don't wanna become a fat heffer who gets out of shape walking up a flight of stairs.

Now for nutrition. This is what I can afford on a week by week basis-

6:00 am
    1 cup oats
    1 large banana
    1 1/2 cup milk 2% comes out to 466 cal 76 carb 18 protein

9:00am
    vanilla greek yogurt
    large banana
    1/4 cub almonds comes out to 411 calories 47 carb 22 protein

12:00pm, noon
    1 8 oz chicken breast
    2cups brown rice
    1 cup green peas comes out to 773 calories 113 carb 63 protein

3:00pm PRE WORKOUT
    pb/banana sandwich
    whole wheat bread
    1 1/2 cub 2% milk comes out to 816 cal 33 protein 95 carbs

4:00pm workout

5:00pm POST WORKOUT
    2 scoops whey
    1 cup oats
    1 cup 2% milk, shake. comes out to 515 cal 57 carb 54 protein

6:00pm to 8:00pm
    dinner varies each night so i didn't calculate this in, but rather relied on having enough in my diet already to hit the 3500 cal mark, this will just be an added bonus whatever it is.

9:00pm
    2 lenders 2 oz bagels
    4 tsb blue bonnet soft margarine
    1 cup milk comes out to 532 cal 72 carb 21 protein

10:00pm BEDTIME!!

3513 calories
    460 carbohydrates
    211 protein

I will be following this diet/ routine for 12 weeks.

Ok, I don't think I left anything out. I posted my routine/ diet on here because I've seen some pretty insightful people here when it comes to bodybuilding. Please, no flames or trolling or whatever you call it. If it's constructive criticism then I welcome it. Thanks for reading guys!
    Last edited by Hisle; 11-27-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100) Hisle is not very well liked. (-100)
    bump

bump

Nobody has any criticism for me? I though I'd be beating you guys off with a stick by now. lol

bump

bump

Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your exercise selection is okay. Pushups are fine, but the backpack of weights may put stresses on parts of your body that aren't designed to handle that so be careful.

Figure out your plan for weight progression if you haven't done that already. Much better to go in with a goal of weight your going to lift imo.

If eating every 2 hours and eating the same food day after day works for you, enjoy. Personally sounds like a hellish 12 weeks, but who am I to judge. You didn't mention what your fat consumption was and I'm too lazy to do the math, but if your getting the minimum recs then its cool (about .4-.5 g per pound of bw).

I understand the need to bump, but bumps 7 minutes apart are excessive.