Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ManWithCurls View Post
    You can get away with not having them exactly parallel to the ground, but the point is to save your wrists and elbows from the impact of the barbell when catching it.

Do this: load 135lbs on the barbell, have it on squat racks. Approach the barbell and simply put yourself as if doing a front squat WITHOUT unracking the barbell. Now stretch those elbows by slowly rotating each up as you keep the hands grabbed around the barbell.
    With a tight grip on the bar or loose?
    I deserve that pedestal, I own it, and the sea ought to part for me.
    Just get out of the fuking way, I'm on a mission.
    So just step aside and gimme the trophy.

ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TommyStarwind View Post
    With a tight grip on the bar or loose?
    Tight grip; slowly push the elbows up (one at a time), you will feel a nice stretch in the triceps and forearms. Don't push the limit, just feel the nice stretch and hold it for 10 seconds, then do the other elbow. Do this for 2 or 3 times each elbow.

Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lazbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Tight grip; slowly push the elbows up (one at a time), you will feel a nice stretch in the triceps and forearms. Don't push the limit, just feel the nice stretch and hold it for 10 seconds, then do the other elbow. Do this for 2 or 3 times each elbow.
    thanks for the guide man
    V E N I V I D I V I C I -

TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did it tonight. Throat was pretty much on the bar and my hands were as close as they could get to my sides so I could have my upper arms parallel to the ground. I'm assuming as time goes on I won't have to be so rigid? How many times a week can I do this? Every day since it is just a static stretch?
    I deserve that pedestal, I own it, and the sea ought to part for me.
    Just get out of the fuking way, I'm on a mission.
    So just step aside and gimme the trophy.

ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TommyStarwind View Post
    Did it tonight. Throat was pretty much on the bar and my hands were as close as they could get to my sides so I could have my upper arms parallel to the ground. I'm assuming as time goes on I won't have to be so rigid? How many times a week can I do this? Every day since it is just a static stretch?
    Do it every day before power cleans.

If you are choking yourself with the barbell, then don't have it so deep into the collarbone. You are not going to front squat the barbell, thus you can be a bit distant from the barbell to perform the stretches.

heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heelhavoc12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hadn't done cleans in over a year and i did them the other day. On my last set I hit my max from when i use to do them, felt awesome. Might go do some more in a little bit!

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think I sorted out my problem: Too wide of a grip prevented me from getting elbows forward.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Originally Posted by heelhavoc12 View Post
    I hadn't done cleans in over a year and i did them the other day. On my last set I hit my max from when i use to do them, felt awesome. Might go do some more in a little bit!
    Awesome! Feel free to update through here brah. Even if you can record yourself, I'm up for reviewing your technique.

Originally Posted by Grifts View Post
    I think I sorted out my problem: Too wide of a grip prevented me from getting elbows forward.
    Yes, you want to have your grip just outside the shoulders i.e. your hands should be on the exterior side of your shoulders, and elbows always pointing forward.

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think everything is finally coming together for me. Working on the quarter squat at the end. I think 1 or 2 I did today were acceptable. Did 3x3 @ 135, then a double at 155, but failed the third rep. Completed another triple at 135.

I am thinking the next session I should get a good amount that I feel are acceptable Power Cleans. A couple good sessions and I will start adding weight.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Keepin' It Kingdom (KIK) jcpryor3's Avatar
    jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ManWithCurls, you did an awesome job with this tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to put this together, it's been really helpful. I'm having a hard time implementing everything from this tutorial though. I recorded some footage today and was hoping you could steer me in the right direction by giving some feedback and critique my form. I would really appreciate it.

Again, great job with this tutorial! Repped!

Here's the video footage:

If you want to see the video in 1080p HD, you can view it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8edmJxuVy8

Thank you for your time!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Starting Stats: 206lbs@19%, LBM@193.4lbs <---------- LBM inaccurate
    Current Stats: 177.8lbs@11.5%, LBM@157.7lbs

God is first, I am second
    Set goals, take action, then achieve
    Keto Lifestyle

2012 BB.com Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150883123

I think everything is finally coming together for me. Working on the quarter squat at the end. I think 1 or 2 I did today were acceptable. Did 3x3 @ 135, then a double at 155, but failed the third rep. Completed another triple at 135.

I am thinking the next session I should get a good amount that I feel are acceptable Power Cleans. A couple good sessions and I will start adding weight.
    Yeah that's good buddy. How are the power cleans coming along?

Try to do sets of 2 reps, not 3; and increase the number of sets (e.g. 5x2 instead of 3x3).

Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    ManWithCurls, you did an awesome job with this tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to put this together, it's been really helpful. I'm having a hard time implementing everything from this tutorial though. I recorded some footage today and was hoping you could steer me in the right direction by giving some feedback and critique my form. I would really appreciate it.

Again, great job with this tutorial! Repped!

Here's the video footage:

If you want to see the video in 1080p HD, you can view it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8edmJxuVy8

Thank you for your time!
    You have a good set up and have caught the drift of pushing the hips forward. However:

1) I'm assuming you're using 10kg/25lbs plates on each side. Grab 2 plates of 10kgs and stack them on the floor so that you have 2x10kgs on each side of the barbell. Then, do your power cleans; you need to have the barbell higher so stacking the plates will do that.

2) Work on catching the barbell. You are actually putting yourself at risk of injury by catching the barbell like you're doing. Read again my tutorial: I emphasize catching the damn barbell solid, this is essential! Catch the barbell by tightening the abdominal wall; you must be solid and not like jelly when you catch it.

Concentrate on the above 2 points for now. You have a good start up position and are managing to keep the back at an angle, so these 2 points will improve your power clean for now.

Update back.

Yeah that's good buddy. How are the power cleans coming along?

Try to do sets of 2 reps, not 3; and increase the number of sets (e.g. 5x2 instead of 3x3).
    Still slowly increasing.

Last 3 sessions over the last week:

1st:
    4x3 @ 135
    1x3 @ 145

2nd
    5x3 @ 145

3rd
    4x3 @ 155
    2 fails at 165

I'm going to re-read some of what you posted about doubles I remember you posting earlier for a different rep scheme

EDIT: Looks like I will doing somewhere around 7 to 10 sets of 2. I just started with 5x3 because that was what Rip had in SS.
    Last edited by Grifts; 01-03-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have a good set up and have caught the drift of pushing the hips forward. However:

1) I'm assuming you're using 10kg/25lbs plates on each side. Grab 2 plates of 10kgs and stack them on the floor so that you have 2x10kgs on each side of the barbell. Then, do your power cleans; you need to have the barbell higher so stacking the plates will do that.

2) Work on catching the barbell. You are actually putting yourself at risk of injury by catching the barbell like you're doing. Read again my tutorial: I emphasize catching the damn barbell solid, this is essential! Catch the barbell by tightening the abdominal wall; you must be solid and not like jelly when you catch it.

Concentrate on the above 2 points for now. You have a good start up position and are managing to keep the back at an angle, so these 2 points will improve your power clean for now.

Update back.
    Thanks you for the speedy response and great feedback! On Monday when I do power cleans again, I'm gonna focus on these two points to improve my form.

I'll update soon to get some more corrections. Thanks bro!

P.s. I'll keep reason this tut until I get it down. Also plan on reading the rest of the posts in this thread. I'm sure there's valuable info.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Keto Lifestyle

Hilarity from my home gym

I finally did it correctly.

I checked form for a front squat using a squat rack, then gripped my barbell the same way on the floor.

I proceeded to power clean it in what I consider my best powerclean ever. Elbows parallel, wrists back. Picture perfect I think.

I then found myself fully extended in a front squat...with no where to go. As I stood there, pondering my predicament, barbell in hand, I remember someone asking what to do without bumper plates, but could not recall the details.

The unload was not pretty. AT ALL.

I have since read the 1/8 Squat/reverse RDL deload technique, but I am having trouble picturing it. Another day, I will practice the unload technique with an empty bar.
    Last edited by Grifts; 01-07-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

What's up Rogelio! Got a chance to check out your site. Great job so far bro! Favorited.

I've been practicing my power cleans using the suggestions you gave me. I was able to get some new footage of my power cleans yesterday. Was hoping you could coach me through the next steps that I need to take. Here's the footage:

Power clean practice

HD version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pxKiJz4w5A

Personally, I think the last one was my best. I need to work on keeping the barbell close to my body and opening up quicker to generate more power.

Edit: Looks like I'm still jumping. Gotta focus on hip thrust and stop jumping.

Keto Lifestyle

Bump.

Keto Lifestyle

Sorry guys, I have been very busy in my free time (if you follow my sites, you'll know why) so haven't had time to do one of my sessions of sitting down and answering questions.

Still slowly increasing.

Last 3 sessions over the last week:

1st:
    4x3 @ 135
    1x3 @ 145

2nd
    5x3 @ 145

3rd
    4x3 @ 155
    2 fails at 165

I'm going to re-read some of what you posted about doubles I remember you posting earlier for a different rep scheme

EDIT: Looks like I will doing somewhere around 7 to 10 sets of 2. I just started with 5x3 because that was what Rip had in SS.
    Rippetoe and I don't agree on the power clean. Doing sets of 3s for a beginner is actually counterproductive; fatigue builds in and technique breaks with more than doubles. I never have newbies do more than 2 reps for technical lifts hence my recommendation.

Hilarity from my home gym

I finally did it correctly.

I checked form for a front squat using a squat rack, then gripped my barbell the same way on the floor.

I proceeded to power clean it in what I consider my best powerclean ever. Elbows parallel, wrists back. Picture perfect I think.

I then found myself fully extended in a front squat...with no where to go. As I stood there, pondering my predicament, barbell in hand, I remember someone asking what to do without bumper plates, but could not recall the details.

I have since read the 1/8 Squat/reverse RDL deload technique, but I am having trouble picturing it. Another day, I will practice the unload technique with an empty bar.
    You'll get used to it. However, if you find yourself deep down in a front squat and can't go up, then push the barbell forward. It's either making noise and have the whole gym stare at you or break your wrists. Always dump the barbell.

You'll get used to the reversing of the power clean. I believe I hve posted a video here of me reversing the power clean after a set of clean & presses. Have you seen it?

Lastly, the power clean actually feels super smooth when you hit it right. Quite likely, you hit the right technique when you experienced that, so congrats!

Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    What's up Rogelio! Got a chance to check out your site. Great job so far bro! Favorited.

I've been practicing my power cleans using the suggestions you gave me. I was able to get some new footage of my power cleans yesterday. Was hoping you could coach me through the next steps that I need to take. Here's the footage:

Power clean practice

HD version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pxKiJz4w5A

Personally, I think the last one was my best. I need to work on keeping the barbell close to my body and opening up quicker to generate more power.

Edit: Looks like I'm still jumping. Gotta focus on hip thrust and stop jumping.
    It is good that you actually identify where you're going wrong, it shows you are learning! Yes, you're jumping, but that's because you are not finishing the second pull. In effect, you are doing the silly "jump & shrug" cue that so many misinformed people spread.

Your goal is to get up on your toes, eyes looking forward, then dive down. I believe you're not triple extending because the weight is actually light for you. Do this:

1) Do 3-5 sets of 2 reps of vertical cleans. Vertical cleans is basically standing up with the barbell (arms loose, barbell at about mid-thigh height or above). Shrug the barbell up then catch it. Use the same weight you're using in the video (start first with the barbell).

2) Then, do power cleans again but add 10lbs to each side. Do doubles again, and focus on extending up as you were doing with the vertical cleans.

Also, I believe you have a mirror in front of you; if so, stop power cleaning in front of it. You want to be facing the wall when you power clean.

MrsYoku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

@OP no offence but you look like that guy who was Roman Bellics friend in GTA IV ... you know, the one who alsways wanted to get "juiced"? Lol

DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    , I remember someone asking what to do without bumper plates, but could not recall the details.

Try getting a pair of used tires and making a stack of them. Did this all the time in my buddy's home gym when we did cleans. When you drop the weight, it lands on the tires and absorbs impact. Dont miss however, i broke my buddy's bar doing that with a 275 clean.. oops.

ALSO OP.. I like the vids, just wondering though... I know your just teaching power cleans, why didn't your OLY coaches teach you a full clean? Your clean form is good, but your hips look really stiff in the catch. Love the explosiveness though. Are you trying to do "power cleans" or is that your full range of motion?

Originally Posted by DSimp View Post
    Try getting a pair of used tires and making a stack of them. Did this all the time in my buddy's home gym when we did cleans. When you drop the weight, it lands on the tires and absorbs impact. Dont miss however, i broke my buddy's bar doing that with a 275 clean.. oops.
    I have one tire already. Going to pick one up whenever I can. One of my sets of weights has plastic or something around it, that I am sure will break eventually. Going to get some sort of floor mat in the near future as well.

I got some good triple extension in my power cleaning today. Happy about that. No hop, just up on the toes

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

Originally Posted by DSimp View Post

ALSO OP.. I like the vids, just wondering though... I know your just teaching power cleans, why didn't your OLY coaches teach you a full clean? Your clean form is good, but your hips look really stiff in the catch. Love the explosiveness though. Are you trying to do "power cleans" or is that your full range of motion?
    Huh?

I have one tire already. Going to pick one up whenever I can. One of my sets of weights has plastic or something around it, that I am sure will break eventually. Going to get some sort of floor mat in the near future as well.

I got some good triple extension in my power cleaning today. Happy about that. No hop, just up on the toes
    Good stuff.

Be careful with tires because the barbell will bounce back if you are not using too much weight on the barbell (e.g. 115lbs). The barbell will literally bounce back and can snap your wrists/fingers.

jmoo51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man I truly appreciate you explaining how to correctly perform the power clean. I recently just started doing this again & now i realize not only was it taught wrong to me (in football) but i am still doing it wrong.

I added this back to my workout to add more explosion to help as a powerlifter. So far my sets/rep schemes are 3 x 8 & 5 x 1. My 8RM has been increasing about 10 lbs a week over the last 3 weeks and is now at 190 while my 1RM has stayed about the same at 230.

Can you help me choose a better sets/reps scheme that can incorporate both explosion & strength and that would also contribute to losing weight? I gained 80 lbs over a summer bc a college football coach led me to believe it was the "smart" thing to do. Least to say im no longer playing & its been a struggle to get it off. Im about 280 now and have lost 20 lbs total.

But yea if you could help me out i would appreciate it greatly!

Originally Posted by jmoo51 View Post
    Hey man I truly appreciate you explaining how to correctly perform the power clean. I recently just started doing this again & now i realize not only was it taught wrong to me (in football) but i am still doing it wrong.

I added this back to my workout to add more explosion to help as a powerlifter. So far my sets/rep schemes are 3 x 8 & 5 x 1. My 8RM has been increasing about 10 lbs a week over the last 3 weeks and is now at 190 while my 1RM has stayed about the same at 230.

Can you help me choose a better sets/reps scheme that can incorporate both explosion & strength and that would also contribute to losing weight? I gained 80 lbs over a summer bc a college football coach led me to believe it was the "smart" thing to do. Least to say im no longer playing & its been a struggle to get it off. Im about 280 now and have lost 20 lbs total.

But yea if you could help me out i would appreciate it greatly!
    Never go above 5 reps in a single set for power cleans.

The best scheme I recommend (and whom others I've advised have benefited from) is: 10 sets of 2 reps with 1-2 mins rest between sets. Do that 3x week with different %s.

Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Electrolytes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello, so I just started attempting power cleans today, and I started small with only 65 lbs cause I was tired out already from squats earlier in the workout. I'm hoping I could get a form critique, and I apologize for the camera angle. From what I can personally see I dont get enough hip motion for the second pull, but not sure what other details I need to focus on. Thanks! (Video recorded from my iPhone)

JayLay1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayLay1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayLay1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayLay1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayLay1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayLay1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayLay1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Never dont power cleans before!

Registered User weightconquerer's Avatar
    weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good post, OP.

sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciosarah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I find it interesting that you are so opposed to jumping during the clean, since I know of so many elite level athletes who jump when they clean, and I have also always been taught to jump during the clean. In fact, I was under the impression that jumping was the norm and that those athletes who do not jump are in the minority - without saying that either technique is wrong.

What is it exactly that you don't like about it? That the feet leave the floor? Or that the cue "jump" is taught instead of simply encouraging an athlete to get on the toes?

If you check out Hookgrip on ******** you will see tons of athletes in the air. Also, if it hasn't already been posted, I would love to see a video of you practicing the clean pull from the floor, just the pull, not the whole motion.

Originally Posted by Electrolytes View Post
    Hello, so I just started attempting power cleans today, and I started small with only 65 lbs cause I was tired out already from squats earlier in the workout. I'm hoping I could get a form critique, and I apologize for the camera angle. From what I can personally see I dont get enough hip motion for the second pull, but not sure what other details I need to focus on. Thanks! (Video recorded from my iPhone)

Hey brah, a bit late but can't see the vid. Hope you're still power cleaning!

Originally Posted by JayLay1234 View Post
    Never dont power cleans before!
    Wat ya waiting for?

Originally Posted by weightconquerer View Post
    Good post, OP.
    My pleasure.

Originally Posted by sciosarah View Post
    I find it interesting that you are so opposed to jumping during the clean, since I know of so many elite level athletes who jump when they clean, and I have also always been taught to jump during the clean. In fact, I was under the impression that jumping was the norm and that those athletes who do not jump are in the minority - without saying that either technique is wrong.

What is it exactly that you don't like about it? That the feet leave the floor? Or that the cue "jump" is taught instead of simply encouraging an athlete to get on the toes?

If you check out MY SPAM PAGE on ******** you will see tons of athletes in the air. Also, if it hasn't already been posted, I would love to see a video of you practicing the clean pull from the floor, just the pull, not the whole motion.
    Not sure if you're trolling. There's NO jumping in the power clean. Yes the feet leave the floor momentarily to catch the barbell, but that's it. Full stop. Simple.

And please don't spam this thread with your ******** page; if you want to see real athletes that have won medals and know Olympic weightlifting, then I advice you to go on Youtube and start with Klokov. Perhaps advice him in one of his videos to jump when catching 200 kilograms; by all means, let us know what he replies.

vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey brah, a bit late but can't see the vid. Hope you're still power cleaning!

Wat ya waiting for?

My pleasure.

Not sure if you're trolling. There's NO jumping in the power clean. Yes the feet leave the floor momentarily to catch the barbell, but that's it. Full stop. Simple.

And please don't spam this thread with your ******** page; if you want to see real athletes that have won medals and know Olympic weightlifting, then I advice you to go on Youtube and start with Klokov. Perhaps advice him in one of his videos to jump when catching 200 kilograms; by all means, let us know what he replies.
    OP knows what he's talking about. There is no jump in weightlifting. There are a lot of different mental cues that people can use to get in the proper positions before the first pull (deadlift), second pull (explosion of the hips), and third pull (pulling yourself under the bar).

Very small guys can put up huge clean numbers with good form. Nothing says "I am stronger than you" more than a fast and explosive clean. Watch olympic lifters in slow motion and see if you can see the positions they are in before each the 3 pulls of the clean.

If you start in the proper position and you try to keep the bar close to your body, you're probably cleaning with decent form.