bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bentleyjazzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

All dumbbell workout

Hi everyone,

I do pretty much an exclusively all dumbbell workout, with the exception of maybe one or two barbell exercises, in which I use my cheap WalMart dumbbell.
    Does anyone else do an all dumbbell workout? What do you guys think of this type of exercise regimen?
    Thanks.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weight is weight as long as you have heavy enough dumbells to tax you then you should make decent progress. There are of course exercises that you can't really do without barbells like deadlifts and squats but you can do a bastardised version of them if thats all you have access to.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    On days when I train chest using the gym at work, I will mainly do this. Our bench is in a narrow cage and I can't get my grip wide enough.

I'll warm up and do sets with 225 on the bb bench and then move over to the db area for the real workout.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bentleyjazzie View Post
    Does anyone else do an all dumbbell workout? What do you guys think of this type of exercise regimen?
    Why limit yourself to such a narrow range of training options? If it's economics, I guess that's understandable, but otherwise, you're cutting yourself out of additional potential growth.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have just been using my powerblocks at home for the last few months, I can get a real good workout in with just them and an adjustable bench.
    Eat fresh, eat whole, eat clean.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dumbbell Goblet Squats offer a good way to work the legs if thats all you have access to or if you don't have a power rack to safely squat in. Achieving a 1/2 bodyweight Goblet Squat for 10 reps is respectable.

http://www.dieselcrew.com/killer-goblet-squats

http://www.dieselsc.com/diesel-stren...weight-entries
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpMachine123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dunno about this, i think its good to alternate between the two eg. on my chest days, i have 4 different orders for incline and flat

1: Incline DB first Flat BB second
    2: Flat DB First Incline BB second
    3 Incline BB first Flat DB second
    4 Flat BB first Incline DB second

This keeps by body guessing, as i can go heavier with a barbell, it doesnt know what area of the chest is going to go heavy and what is focusing on balance on which day or whats going to go first, therefore im always shocking the muscle to promote damage and growth as quickly as possible

hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardball is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone,

I do pretty much an exclusively all dumbbell workout, with the exception of maybe one or two barbell exercises, in which I use my cheap WalMart dumbbell.
    Thanks.
    I use DB only when working out at home because I exercise alone in my garage. I use them for the safety aspect because I can always drop them to the side or forward. When I can make it in the local gym then I will try to use BB because of safety features (smith, rack or as much as I hate to say it a machine) You have to decide what works for you and under what conditions you have to workout. Good luck
    Play Hard and Bounce Like a Ball

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weight is weight, but it can limit you.

Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benjarmin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can do a lot with just dumbbells as long as they're heavy enough for you. As above, if it's economics, don't forget body weight exercises. Dips and chins would be a cheap way to improve your workouts. If not, a little investment now would pay dividends.
    www.WorkoutForLess.co.uk
    Quality Exercise, Fitness & Gym Equipment

MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hi everyone,

Thanks.
    I like doing dumbbells for arms and shoulders (laterals and dumbell presses etc), bent over rows. As someone said weight is weight as long as you are progressing along with bigger and bigger dumbells.
    The mind is the only limit. As long as the mind can envision something, you can do it.

MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Weight is weight, but it can limit you.
    I fail to see how it can limit you, if you keep adding weight. Plus you can get more range of motion with dumbbells. It has it's advantages of several types of grip including neutral and the ability to rotate it in motion a la Arnold Press.
    The mind is the only limit. As long as the mind can envision something, you can do it.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MontyMagpie View Post
    I fail to see how it can limit you, if you keep adding weight. Plus you can get more range of motion with dumbbells. It has it's advantages of several types of grip including neutral and the ability to rotate it in motion a la Arnold Press.
    Heavy squats and deadlifts tend to be awkward with DB's IMO. Positioning hvy db's for bp's and inclines can get difficult without a spotter. Sure, you can w/o with buckets of sand or concrete blocks, but why would you? But then again, if you have the proper mindset, it shouldn't matter, right Monty?

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Does anyone else do an all dumbbell workout?
    Nope, it'd never happen for me. Good luck with that though.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Why limit yourself to such a narrow range of training options?
    See, even ironwill and I agree on this. Exactly, why limit yourself?
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vms4evr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm doing a DB only workout routine as far as free weights. However I'm doing a lot of chin/pull ups and several variations of push ups and ab crunches. Then a couple of days of cardio work. I'm getting a little bigger, much leaner and a fair bit stronger. I'm happy with my progress and feel much better. I'm not looking for big gains and am not supposed to be doing squats. So working within my limits. I can see how if you want bigger gains you'll need to push big weights and then DBs would get sketchy trying to balance them at heavier weights. I use a pair of adjustables that go from 5 - 25lbs. Then an extra one that I use 35-50lbs for a couple of single arm movements.

Originally Posted by vms4evr View Post
    I'm doing a DB only workout routine as far as free weights. However I'm doing a lot of chin/pull ups and several variations of push ups and ab crunches. Then a couple of days of cardio work. I'm getting a little bigger, much leaner and a fair bit stronger. I'm happy with my progress and feel much better. I'm not looking for big gains and am not supposed to be doing squats. So working within my limits. I can see how if you want bigger gains you'll need to push big weights and then DBs would get sketchy trying to balance them at heavier weights. I use a pair of adjustables that go from 5 - 25lbs. Then an extra one that I use 35-50lbs for a couple of single arm movements.
    You'll need more weight as you progress. For instance I do 50Kg dumbbell bench press and 35K dumbbell shoulder presses. You shouldn't have any problems handling the weight you suggest. For heavy weight dumbbells, what you can do is use your knees against the weight to support the weight as you lean back on the bench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=622ku8i0M14

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, if d'bells are all you got then you have to make do. (If you have the cash to go to a gym, then I would suggest that).

I work out with kettlebells due to financial constraints and while I would rather go to a gym, I can get in a really solid workout with them. I have two 16-kilo 'bells and two 24-kilo ones, which translates to 35 and 53 pounds respectively. I also have some other, lighter d'bells (regular ones) which I strap on my wrists. (Awkward, but it works). I can do lunges, presses, calf raises, shrugs, rows of all sorts, pullovers, front squats (very awkward) and high-rep regular squats. Also stiff-leg deads and some other exercises. Granted, it's more than a little difficult to do deadlifts and since I don't have a dip bar handy, I have to make do with pushups.

If you have the adjustable plate-loaded d'bells, just buy more plates. However, as someone mentioned earlier, if you can go to the gym, then go.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, a gym can be pretty handy (unless you have the most specced out home gym, I guess) in lots of ways. Do you have some kind of community gym anywhere nearby? If so, and particularly if money's a bit tight, maybe check one out. I go three times a week, and all in all, it costs me less than $5 a week! Can't complain, eh? Maybe it won't be that cheap, but you never know.