iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iSnatchUrSquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow any benefits from running?

cant lift these days.only squat a few times
    i m gonna start running outdoors,any benefit from doing that
    imo running in cold weather gonna help me become more tough,inb4 rocky 4

Registered User SteelBrotherhoD's Avatar
    SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelBrotherhoD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some cardio health is always good. It will also increase your recovery, you will need to rest less time between sets and such, so I would go for it. If your main focus is lifting just dont overdo the running.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're serious about lifting, don't go crazy on the runs. Two or three times a week, 20-30 minutes each time, low intensity is about the most you would want to do in my opinion.

Abstroose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    If you're serious about lifting, don't go crazy on the runs. Two or three times a week, 20-30 minutes each time, low intensity is about the most you would want to do in my opinion.
    Agreed with these. High impact cardio such as running will have a detrimental effect on strength and hypertrophy in the long run. Stick with walking, cycling, swimming etc if your gains are important.

supremeweb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how is running can help to lose weught?

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Totally agree!! Running with too high an intensity for too long will fatigue the legs too much for proper training!!

Been there, done that.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

supremeweb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for sharing your experience! good tip for me!

Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Simbahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also agree with everyone above in a sense. At the same time I can't fully because I play sports and we have to run a lot. The biggest thing I would recommend is doing sprints or HIIT.
    Bench: 255

Squat: 405

Deadlift: 512

Powerclean: 275

40 yard dash: 4.57 seconds

Resident MTB crash expert MtnJax's Avatar
    MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i prefer cycling (road/mountain). easier on the joints, plus i think it helps with leg strength and endurance. also more fun than running
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

**Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    Rule #5: Harden the fuk up!

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄Official Misc Ski/Snowboard Crew❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

**KNEE DRAGGERS CREW**

TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've always found that HIIT and running have helped me with my overall recovery between sets when I lift. With that being said, I would do those when I was going to have 24 hours at least, of rest before my next lifting session.
    *** RIVALUS -- BRAND MANAGER ***

|FREE RIVALWHEY SAMPLE|
    http://www.rivalus.net/us/product/rivalwhey-sample-pack-3/
    **Limit one per customer**

|STORE|
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/rivalus.html

|SOCIAL|
    www.********.com/rivalus
    www. instagram.com/rivalus
    www.twitter.com/rivalus

meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meryalpes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Running is very helpful

congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000)
    In for sprints - especially 40-16 yard/meter uphill sprints with walk down recovery. Explosive and helps your recovery. For longer distance endurance, I prefer lower impact exercises like biking and swimming.

tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommypress is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Walking or Cycling will be the best option. It is more effective than running for loosing weight.

crackbam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tommypress View Post
    Walking or Cycling will be the best option. It is more effective than running for loosing weight.
    Yeah, consider doing some HIIT type of running, but it's also depended on your weight/height/age, OP.

f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000) f4k is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Once a month I will run a couple miles when I know I won't be squatting anytime soon, and I do it with a 10 or 15lbs backpack.

It can become counter productive if your goal is strictly anaerobic burst power because muscle tissue is known to differentiate based on use between a few different types of fiber, some of which fatigue quickly but are more useful for burst activity for example. I do it for one main reason: bone durability. If you can stand the impact, it will help remind your bones that they need to be bigger and more flexible in model. Bone is living tissue and constantly under remodeling, astronaut in space need to constantly exercise or lose everything from muscle to bone tissue, because gravity and body weight together are mostly what determine bone size and model, and it can become more or less rigid depending on how you use it and how it responds. Infants develop the forward tuberosity/attachment point for tendon of the femur only after they begin to walk, for example, in response to stress from walking. The more you stress/give the bone a reason to respond with increased durability without over-doing it to the point of injury, the father from an astronaut in space you will be, in theory. Of course be careful because you can easily over-do the jarring/impact and damage the bone if you are heavy compared to the current size of bone, a lower impact sport/activity may be more ideal.
    only one whey

Squats in the curl rack DanPaul7's Avatar
    DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanPaul7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good for cardiovascular health and burns some calories too. I say go for it Rocky!