justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

UN Torrent Green Apple Avalanche Flavor / Cherry Berry Blast / Mixed Review

Its impossible to rate Torrent on anything else other than taste after just a few days of usage. I know theres many people who ask about flavors and which ones are best to buy so hopefully this will allow some people to make a better choice before purchasing an entire tub of Torrent. In Europe we dont have that many opportunities to try out products before buying (as samples of the top notch companies are generally unavailable) so it can be risky buying a product youve never tasted before without reading up on it first.

I purchased both the Green Apple Avalanche and the Cherry Berry Blast flavors. I intend on trying each separately and then mix them together. Ill update this thread tomorrow and the day after tomorrow with all 3 scenarios. I have been using 2:1:1 Recovery by ON until now, but decided to buy torrent because apparently it tastes very good, UN is an extremely solid company with a great rep, it has creatine which will fill in the gap in my supplementation as I have stopped using another supplement which had creatine in it. I also wanted a break from the Colossal Chocolate flavor which I found to be very good, but thought that a bit of variety was in order. Torrent also has 302 calories per serving which is always a bonus. I dont have time to make my own food. I am often unable to go home after the gym and I dont want to eat in restaurants.

I buy pre workout supplements because its convenient, and provides some much needed flavor to my diet. I eat very clean by choice and the taste of a chocolate shake or an awesome tasting fruity flavor just makes it worth that much more to me. Either way Torrent seemed like the product to try out in my situation so here it goes:

1. Green Apple Avalanche

I have been using this flavor for 3 days already. I have to say that the only reason that I bought it was because the store in the UK where I order from only had Green Apple in the 28 serving 6.1lbs tubs, and the other flavors in the smaller tubs. Since the 6.1lbs tubs are generally more cost effective, I decided to get it along with Cherry in order to (in the worst case if I dont like the flavor) mix it with Cherry as someone suggested on the forums that this tastes great. If it did taste poorly, then Id just suck it up and use the tub as per the instructions and then just not buy it after.

Mixability: When using a shaker, make sure to have a large enough shaker with you post workout so that it can properly dissolve. I have a 400ml (13.5oz) and 700ml (23.7oz) shaker which I used it with. A serving is 100g and when using the smaller shaker I was unable to get all of the powder to dissolve. The fluid itself was mixed well, but there always ended up a few big clumps on the bottom which you then had to scoop out somehow or add more water. In the 700ml shaker, i found that the ideal to be around 600-700ml (in the 20-24oz range) so that everything dissolved the way it should have. Thats pretty much what the directions say anyways. The consistency was smooth and semi-thick. Perhaps a small chunk here or there but you barely notice it and its not even that bad to eat a little chunk if the taste is up your alley. As long as you dont have to scrape anything off the sides or the bottom of the shaker Im happy. I dont like it when I have to really mess around with the proportions of water/powder in order to get the right taste because sometimes it will force me to chug so much water that I feel sick. Other times it means Ill have to drink more water afterwards since there wasnt enough in the shake itself. It just makes things more impractical but obviously none of this is a deal breaker if the product itself is effective. I like it when the product is designed in a way where its convenient for you to simply have a shaker, fill it up, and drink a well mixed, semi-thick, good tasting shake. Either way, I think if you have the right shaker, you'll appreciate the mixability of the apple torrent. So using the 700ml shaker I say its 9/10 because it foamed a bit after shaking. if you let it settle for even 20-30 seconds though its fine and therefore a non-issue. if it foamed and was all airy then I would have lowered down the rating. The vanilla ON Casein does this and I dont like that at all.

Taste: I was skeptical of how well it can imitate the green apple flavor. I personally am not a huge lover of sour flavors. If I had to choose two types of apples, id go sweet every time unless its a sour type cherry flavor. It didnt feel watered down and it wasnt jaw bending intense at 700ml. You were able to recognize the trademark sourness of the green apple without it feeling like it was too much. I dont eat candy and in europe you dont get the jolly rancher type candies here anyways so I cant realy compare it to any, but it really felt like something which I will enjoy drinking after my workout. The only other apple flavored supplement that I have tried was CL Green Magnitude. Obviously its a completely different product and you cant compare the flavors per se, but as a point of reference I have to say that Torrent genuinely tastes like green apples. There is literally no chemical taste to it. A pleasant after taste which just makes you want to take another sip from your shaker. Not chalky at all. 9/10

Overall Flavor Rating: 9/10. This was a huge surprise to me and I think Ill be more open to buying sour flavored supplements if I test them out first.

2. Cherry Berry Blast
    TBC August 8, 2011

3. Mix 1/2 Green Apple 1/2 Cherry

TBC August 9, 2012
    Last edited by justfive; 08-07-2011 at 07:05 AM.

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2. Cherry Berry Blast
    I was looking forward to this one the most. In general when it comes to supplements I dont explore much beyond chocolate and vanilla. Nearly all of my protein powders have been either one of these flavors. My previous ON 2:1;1 recovery was always chocolate. I love the cherry flavor when it comes to everything else though so was eager to try this out.

Mixability: It is slightly better than the apple. You can probably use less water too, although Id just stick to the recommendations on the tub. There were less clumps than in the apple and it shared nearly all of the same qualities. Id probably rate it 9.5/10. Both are very high quality though.

Taste: Oooooh. It smells like cherry, looks like cherry, and definitely tastes like cherry. When I was a kid I never liked sweet cherry flavors. This one is on the sour side and I love it. After each sip you have a pleasant lingering cherry sensation in your mouth. Like with the apple, it doesnt chnage to a chalky or chemical-like after taste. It is also very well balanced when it comes to the sourness. Its close but I think that this is my favorite one of the two flavors that I have tried. 10/10

3. Mix 1/2 Green Apple 1/2 Cherry

Taste/Mixability: Due to the similarities between the two flavors, I knew from the get-go that this wouldnt disappoint. It definitely didnt disapoint. The sour cherry complements the green apple nicely. They both mix together like captain planet and those weird ethnically diverse kids. Combined, this mix provides a mouthgasm of pleasure. If I had to rank the three options, Id say Cherry Berry Blast is my favorite, the mixture is a very close second, and green apple is third. 9.5/10

What I liked about these two flavors, is that you wont get tired of a single flavor. You can mix things up from workout to workout and keep it fresh.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great thread, thanks for the detailed reviews
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0