Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

WTF!! BENCH PRESS @ 24 HOUR FITNESS??? FEELS 2X heavier?? Is it the bar width!?

Guys.My mind is just absolutely blown right now.I have no idea what happened. There is a possibility it was an "off" day but I don't think so. I never have off days,especially this bad.

Yesterday I went to 24 hour fitness for the first time [Just purchased a membership] after having gone to another gym for my previous training.

I set up the Flat Bench Press to do my normal Bench session ... suddenly:

1) 135 Warm up feels strangely heavier?
    2) 185 Warm up feels even more strangely heavier ??
    3) 225 feels like I how 245-265 normally feels for me ...!? !?!?!?!?!
    4) 245 feels like I am doing 285-300 pounds !!!!!

Result:

I only did 245 for 7 reps hitting failure.

WHAT THE ****

I normally do 245 for about 12 reps without much struggle. It takes me about 285 for 7 reps to hit failure...so this was just retarded!!

EVERYTHING FELT ABOUT 30+ pounds HEAVIER !!!!

The bar felt really small or awkward... I can't really explain it. It felt like it was very thin and flimsy. I couldn't even push the bar straight up in the normal path I normally push it up in. The bench itself maybe was also a little weird.

Don't even get me started on the Incline.... I stopped after 2 sets. Their Incline Bench put me in the most awkward position I have ever felt, I thought I was going to get a Shoulder Injury.

WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?! Why does their bar feel so much heavier???? I know the barbell at both gyms should be 45 pounds, there's no reason 24 would carry some massive 65+ pound barbell, and I can tell by the weight of the bar itself that it's not.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is always some variation in plate weight (and barbell weight). I've seen plates be routinely off by as much as 10% (typical of cheaper plates). So, if you are a "300lb" bencher, and you move from weights that are less accurate, to weights that may be more accurate... guess what, you are using the same style of plates (45's/25's, etc), but lifting less/more at different gyms.
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you sure the other gym didn't have a 25 pound barbell?

Maybe it's just a mental block since you were lifting at a new location?
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmallArms717 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
    There is always some variation in plate weight (and barbell weight). I've seen plates be routinely off by as much as 10% (typical of cheaper plates). So, if you are a "300lb" bencher, and you move from weights that are less accurate, to weights that may be more accurate... guess what, you are using the same style of plates (45's/25's, etc), but lifting less/more at different gyms.

Wow. That's ridiculous. These idiots need to make sure their plates are correct in weight. I have a feeling it's just 24's weights..because I have a home gym as well, and at my home gym + my old gym(Gold's), I could use same weight. I come here and suddenly 30 pound drop basically.

Ochtem's rule makes my explanation lead me to believe that it's 24 hour's fault, not the other 2 gyms.

NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had the same thing happen when I changed clubs, its a mental thing. When I you get comfy you'll go back to normal.
    Db press 120x3 Bench 300 Squat 315 Dead 462
    Elevator constructors local 1

Originally Posted by swimmer32 View Post
    Are you sure the other gym didn't have a 25 pound barbell?

Maybe it's just a mental block since you were lifting at a new location?

Yeah I'm positive because I have a HOME GYM as well. I can lift the same at my home gym as the Public Gym ( Gold's I went to) .

There is just no way that both of the bars were 25. I am positive my home gym barbell was 45( I bought it in a 300 pound weight set ).

It wasn't a mental block, I could care less where i lift it. You don't understand..I was hitting failure HARD on the 6th-7th rep of 245 ,when I normally do 12 without hitting failure ...I'm about 2-3 reps short of it. Huuuuuuuge difference

afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100)
    i had sumthing lik this happen to me b4 to becoz my school is south from my house n the gravity stronger more to the poles my teacher explane at home i lift way heavyer

FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My home weight set has a 35 lb olympic style bar.

One of the guys at 24 Hour told me that one of their bars was heavier than 45, I think he said 55. Not all of them though, and I am not sure if its true.

mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It happens man. You just have to deal with it, I'm sure once you get used to the new weights your lifts will at least get closer to what they were.
    Something similar happened to me several months ago. I could DB Bench the 115s for 6 reps at my usual gym; went to a new gym, guess what? I struggled to put up the 105s for 5 reps lol.

Originally Posted by mickfortis View Post
    It happens man. You just have to deal with it, I'm sure once you get used to the new weights your lifts will at least get closer to what they were.
    Something similar happened to me several months ago. I could DB Bench the 115s for 6 reps at my usual gym; went to a new gym, guess what? I struggled to put up the 105s for 5 reps lol.

lel wot.

that sux brah... that's retarded though. that's basically a 20 pound difference!

mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickfortis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SmallArms717 View Post
    lel wot.

that sux brah... that's retarded though. that's basically a 20 pound difference!
    yeah I know, my mind was messed up for a while after that

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always feel weaker at a new gym.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

The Beautiful Struggle GavriloPrincip's Avatar
    GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GavriloPrincip has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah I've definitely noticed differences when I would go to a gym other than the one I usually go to.

Even the dumbbells feel different. It is what it is though.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow. That's ridiculous. These idiots need to make sure their plates are correct in weight. I have a feeling it's just 24's weights..because I have a home gym as well, and at my home gym + my old gym(Gold's), I could use same weight. I come here and suddenly 30 pound drop basically.

Ochtem's rule makes my explanation lead me to believe that it's 24 hour's fault, not the other 2 gyms.
    From Ivanko's articles about manufacturing:
    "I. WEIGHT ACCURACY & CONSISTENCY.
    A. Other Companies Cast their Plates from Scrap
    1. Wide Weight Variations (or +/‐ 5% average).
    2. No selection is usually done.
    3. Low cost to manufacture.
    B. IVANKO casts its plates from ASTM‐graded Cast‐Iron.
    1. Standard‐setting weight tolerance (+/‐ 2% average).
    2. Selection: light & heavy plates removed to reach our standard ‐/+ 2% average.
    3. Higher cost to manufacture
    ."

So, if you have one weight that is +5%, and another that is -5% (all within commonly accepted industry specifications), then you get a 10% variation in total weight.

It's not rediculous, it is how gyms fill their facility with affordable equipment. Do you know the cost of buying a calibrated pair of 20kg plates? Ivanko has them priced at $327.99 a PAIR!!! What gym has the cash to buy that?

The better quality the weights, the less variation you get from plate to plate. For Olympic, uncalibrated, plates I would say York is about the best you could hope for. CAP is popular, but I wouldn't bet money on them being close to correct.

Is some of it mental? Maybe, but I've lifted in a lot of gyms all over the country (I travel a bit for work, and always pay for a 1-day/week pass at a good local gym) and I can tell you that you are probably feeling an actual difference in weight, not just a mind game.

At the end of the day, it hardly matters. Get used to the equipment that you have and use the listed weights as an indicator of progress, not a measure of your strength. Unless you have some absolute need to know EXACTLY what you lifted, it really doesn't matter.

EDIT: BTW, that is Occam's Razor (IMO) would state that the weights are different. It's the easiest answer. Feels heavier because it is.
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Only thing I can add is that at my gym there's different BB's, which are all 45 lbs, but they're not all the same diameter... where you grip. For some reason, the one with the slightly smaller diameter (which I assure you is still 45 lbs), makes me feel stronger, and I can lift better with it. It's just how the bar feels in my hands. Since it's just a littler smaller around, I mentally feel like I can dominate it better... or, something.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)

WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?! Why does their bar feel so much heavier???? I know the barbell at both gyms should be 45 pounds
    Maybe an off day, but some barbells marketed and sold as "Olympic" do weigh less than 45lbs. I've seen some on Amazon that weigh 30 and 35lbs.
    The commercial gym that I go to mostly has 45lbs steel/iron bb, but the gym where I work has 40lb bb.
    I have 2 bb at home that were both "Olympic" when I bought them, I have a Cap bb that weighs 40lbs and another that weighs 45lbs. I have a trap bar that weighs around 55lbs also. I have Weider weight plates that weigh 43lbs and some others with a rubber coating wrapped around that weigh 46.5lbs a piece.
    So long story short unless you walk them over to the scale and weigh yourself, then weigh yourself + the bar/weight plate you won't be sure.

Yeah I'm positive because I have a HOME GYM as well. I can lift the same at my home gym as the Public Gym ( Gold's I went to) .

There is just no way that both of the bars were 25. I am positive my home gym barbell was 45( I bought it in a 300 pound weight set ).

It wasn't a mental block, I could care less where i lift it. You don't understand..I was hitting failure HARD on the 6th-7th rep of 245 ,when I normally do 12 without hitting failure ...I'm about 2-3 reps short of it. Huuuuuuuge difference
    again, maybe an off day. But you can always walk over to the scale and find out.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bar girth/diameter and bench height IMO.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    unless you walk them over to the scale and weigh yourself, then weigh yourself + the bar/weight plate you won't be sure.
    Or just put the plates directly on the scale and weight them. Then turn the bar on end and balance it with your two fingers and weigh it as well, to negate any need to do arithmetic at the gym.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Or just put the plates directly on the scale and weight them. Then turn the bar on end and balance it with your two fingers and weigh it as well, to negate any need to do arithmetic at the gym.
    But that only works assuming that the scales are the same between gyms trollface.jpg
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
    There is always some variation in plate weight (and barbell weight). I've seen plates be routinely off by as much as 10% (typical of cheaper plates).
    This^
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thicker bars will feel heavier because you cannot get as strong of a a grip on the bar

BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump
    Starting stats: raw natty progress
    62kg (137lbs) 11%bf......…………………….........…….........………......107kg 21%bf (236lbs)
    Paused Bench press: 52.5kg(115lbs)…………160kg(352lbs)
    Deadlift: 92.5kg(203lbs)…………………………..280kg(618lbs)
    Squat: 90kg(198lbs)………………………………..240kg(530lbs)
    Total....235kg/517lbs...……………………………680kg(1500lbs)

Additional lifts
    Strict Ohp: 40kg(88lbs)…………..107.5kg(237lbs)
    Dead Hang Pullups: 10...………..16
    Dips: 20...……………………………..35
    Strict curl: 25kg~...………………..70kg

BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) BryBB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Guys im seriously getting depressed! I know i got weaker coz i didn't train for 5 weeks during summer but i went back to my old gym last week and my bench max was 115kg then i moved to golds gym and my max was fkin 90kg!
    wtf is happening???? Feel like killing myself coz i started dedicated my fkin life to this! The last year i kinda ruined my social life and only ate; slept and trained like some bodybuilders and switched phone off for 2 months so no1 could disturb me! Since moving to golds gym all my lifts have decreased like 30%!!!! Is it possible i could of lost all this strengh in 6 weeks?
    lost 6% bf and 1.5 inches in my arms and 2 inches on my thighs during these 6 weeks! Fk i wanna die now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel mad for not talking to any1 for a year and lost some friends. Golds gym is fishy i put one plate and usually i barely feel it when i walkout the squate but it felt like 50% heavier!
    62kg (137lbs) 11%bf......…………………….........…….........………......107kg 21%bf (236lbs)

Additional lifts

mrmazman14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BryBB View Post
    Guys im seriously getting depressed! I know i got weaker coz i didn't train for 5 weeks during summer but i went back to my old gym last week and my bench max was 115kg then i moved to golds gym and my max was fkin 90kg!
    wtf is happening???? Feel like killing myself coz i started dedicated my fkin life to this! The last year i kinda ruined my social life and only ate; slept and trained like some bodybuilders and switched phone off for 2 months so no1 could disturb me! Since moving to golds gym all my lifts have decreased like 30%!!!! Is it possible i could of lost all this strengh in 6 weeks?
    lost 6% bf and 1.5 inches in my arms and 2 inches on my thighs during these 6 weeks! Fk i wanna die now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel mad for not talking to any1 for a year and lost some friends. Golds gym is fishy i put one plate and usually i barely feel it when i walkout the squate but it felt like 50% heavier!
    Hey man no disrespect but if you had to shut your phone off for 2 months because you think it was getting in the way of your training than you may have bigger problems than losing strenght on your lifts.

Nah its called dedication! I compete in powerlifting and won my first meet in the 181lb class and wanna set some records but now lost 300 fkin lbs on my total! I switched phone off coz i didn't want all the problems to affect my training coz im srs about this! All great things come with a sacrifice!

Additional lifts

MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BryBB View Post
    Nah its called dedication! I compete in powerlifting and won my first meet in the 181lb class and wanna set some records but now lost 300 fkin lbs on my total! I switched phone off coz i didn't want all the problems to affect my training coz im srs about this! All great things come with a sacrifice!
    Why can't you be dedicated with your phone turned on..? And winning a meet doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. It's good you compete but if you won with a 1200 total at 181 it kind of means not many serious lifters showed up to the meet.. No disrespect meant, but I'm not sure you're making the right sacrifices here.

But if it's how you want to do it go for it.

That 1200 was my total after a year. Not what i did at meet. I don't get how people don't understand why i switched my phone off! Arnold for example didn't go to his dads funeral because he didn't want any problems to affect him for the Olympia!

Additional lifts

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what the fukkk.

Srs feels. Just went to 24 for first time in forever. The plates felt like 165lbs.
    Trading/Investing Thread Crew
    Math Thread Crew
    Poker & Sports Betting crew

**1st Team All Sports Misc**
    Portland Trail Blazers Crew
    Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Thread old as balls, but you'll notice you don't see people complaining about the squat, leg press, DL, rows. My theory is that those are exercises with a barbell in which grip width isn't a big factor on strength. It is with bench variants.

That's important because 24hr fitness bars have the rings closer together than a traditional bar. I can't remember the exact measurements, but even an inch closer on each side makes a noticeable difference.

Sure, every plate has a discrepancy, but that's most gyms in general. I think the grip width is a much more likely reason for some people having an issue with this. Combine that with some gyms having "olympic" bars that are 35lbs compared to other gyms with 55lb bars.
    Experience, not just theory

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Thread old as balls, but you'll notice you don't see people complaining about the squat, leg press, DL, rows. My theory is that those are exercises with a barbell in which grip width isn't a big factor on strength. It is with bench variants.

That's important because 24hr fitness bars have the rings closer together than a traditional bar. I can't remember the exact measurements, but even an inch closer on each side makes a noticeable difference.

Sure, every plate has a discrepancy, but that's most gyms in general. I think the grip width is a much more likely reason for some people having an issue with this. Combine that with some gyms having "olympic" bars that are 35lbs compared to other gyms with 55lb bars.
    wait wot, the standard bar is 55lbs? I thought the olympic bars were 35lbs and the others were 45lb, didn't know any bars were 55lbs. brb going to weigh bar in my basement.

edit: bar weighed in @ 41lbs. intredasting, I thought it was 45.
    Last edited by ctownballer04; 02-03-2016 at 06:22 PM.
    Trading/Investing Thread Crew
    Math Thread Crew
    Poker & Sports Betting crew

**1st Team All Sports Misc**
    Portland Trail Blazers Crew
    Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon