Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Registered User bringbackfreddy's Avatar
    bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bringbackfreddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Vox (or anybody else who's able to pass feedback)

I currently am doing a Push / Pull split 2 x per week frequency with one day a 'light' day and one day a 'heavy' day.

The routine is as below -

Push
    Barbell Bench 4 x 6 and 3 x 10 (heavy / light)
    Squats 4 x 6 and 3 x 10
    Press 4 x 6 and 3 x 10
    Dips 3 x 8 and 2 x 12
    Leg Press 3 x 8 and 2 x 12
    Skullcrushers 3 x 8 and 2 x 12

Pull
    Pullups 3 x AMAP (both days)
    Dumbbell Rows 4 x 6 and 3 x 10
    Deadlifts 4 x 6 (heavy) OR Bent Over Rows 3 x 10 (light)
    Barbell Curls 3 x 8 and 2 x 12
    Shrugs 3 x 8 and 2 x 15
    Hamstring Curls 3 x 8 and 2 x 12

In terms of progression, once I can get the target reps in all sets, I up the weight by the smallest possible increment and start over.

therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I need opinions on a couple points. I'm doing a 3-day split week so as to avoid going to the gym every day. I fully work two muscle groups per workout day, and here's what i need to know.

-Will i be less productive if i parctice supersets of different muscle groups? The way i do it now, is work group#1 and when i finish then i go for second group. But this allows for lots of breaks ad i end up having a 2,5 workout session. I imagine if i practice supersets i could cut down to 1,5 hours. But will it be the same?

My objection is that group number one will have to wait longer for next set, since i will be adding more rest (from 1,5 min to 2,5) plus the time i need to complete excercise for other group, so i could lose the pump, and second excersice may suffer since i'll be fatigued from 1st. It will be completely different muscle group but still, less breath going without rest.

-As for body part combinations. Why do all people match chest with triceps? I do a back-triceps and a chest-biceps. Theres also some say about having completely seperate days for legs and shoulders since they're the hardest but i have a legs-shoulders combination workout!

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    I need opinions on a couple points. I'm doing a 3-day split week so as to avoid going to the gym every day. I fully work two muscle groups per workout day, and here's what i need to know.

-Will i be less productive if i parctice supersets of different muscle groups? The way i do it now, is work group#1 and when i finish then i go for second group. But this allows for lots of breaks ad i end up having a 2,5 workout session. I imagine if i practice supersets i could cut down to 1,5 hours. But will it be the same?
    I have used 3 day splits before and never had to be in the gym more than 1.5 hours. I'd suggest to take a second look at the number of exercises you are doing.

My objection is that group number one will have to wait longer for next set, since i will be adding more rest (from 1,5 min to 2,5) plus the time i need to complete excercise for other group, so i could lose the pump, and second excersice may suffer since i'll be fatigued from 1st. It will be completely different muscle group but still, less breath going without rest.
    For "true" supersets, you'd be going back and forth between exercises with no rest. What you're talking about is alternating sets, and it's a good practice to speed up your time in the gym. However, you don't need to take a lot of breaks. Just work different muscle groups with each exercise. You may need to re-arrange your split to do this.

For example, you don't really need much rest between sets if you alternate Bench Press with something like calf press.

-As for body part combinations. Why do all people match chest with triceps? I do a back-triceps and a chest-biceps. Theres also some say about having completely seperate days for legs and shoulders since they're the hardest but i have a legs-shoulders combination workout!
    Lots of people do both of those things.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ermacs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good split routine

Monday:
    Bench Press: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
    Bent Over Row: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press (Shoulder Press): 3 sets of 6-8 reps
    Bicep Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Rope Triceps Pull Down (Lying Triceps Extensions)
    Tuesday:
    Front Squat: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
    Deadlift: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
    Lunges: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Hamstring Curl (SLDL): 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Wednesday Off
    Thursday:
    Incline Bench Press: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
    Lat Pull-down (Bent over Barbell Row): 4 sets of 6-8 reps
    Barbell Shoulder press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Front Lateral Raises (Upright Rows): 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Dips: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Friday:
    Backsquat: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
    Leg press (Front Squat): 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Hamstring Curl (Can anyone give me a barbell alternative to this)
    Seated Calf Raises (Standing Calf Raises): 3 sets of 10-12 reps

TimGetsThin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So as a beginner, I've been doing a full body routine 3x a week for about a month now and from workout #1 I've been struggling to maintain my intensity through the entire week. I have about 160 lbs. of fat to lose, so I'm also doing cardio 6 days a week (cardio in the early morning and lifting in the afternoon after work) which is probably adding to my lack of energy come Thursday/Friday.

Should I stick with my full body routine with hopes of my body adjusting after some time or should I move to a split routine to ease the workload on my body since I'm also doing heavy cardio throughout the week?
    Yes, I'm a fat guy giving advice on fitness :)

JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakubMatuska has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if ur a beginner, its good to start with fullbody for first months, then you can add more series, or try split 2 plus 1. Thats how I do it with my new clients
    FITNESS MODEL, PERSONAL TRAINER, ONLINE COACH. For more photos, updates etc. LIKE and follow me on

www.jakubmatuska.com │ ********.com/matuska.jakub.official │ ********.com/matuska.jakub │ instagram.com/jakubmatuska │ youtube.com/user/JakubMatuska

wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100)

Cool Split

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Full Body Routines vs. Splits

The question often arises, especially from beginners, about what type of routine to use. Your buddy told you to use a full body routine, but the muscle mags suggest a 5-day "bodybuilder" split. You don't want to start off on the wrong foot, but there is so much information out there that sorting through what to do can be difficult.

This is some of my opinion on the subject, and maybe it'll help a few people out.

Full Body Routines:

In my opinion, this is the place for a beginner to start. I have many years of lifting experience, and have pretty much always used some form of bodybuilding split routine. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have begun with a good full-body routine, built around the compound lifts, done 3 times per week. When you are a beginner you don't generally have the muscular strength to work intensely enough, or with enough volume, to require as much recovery time as someone who is stronger or more experienced. If you are a young beginner, on top of that, you have very good recovery abilities due to high hormone levels. So, because you are recovered relatively quickly after each workout, you want to stimulate each muscle group more often to induce strength and growth.

Another reason to start with a full body program is that this gives you the opportunity to learn and practice the basic lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, etc. Whether your goal is bodybuilding, strength athlete, sports, or just remaining fit, these really ought to form the basis of any routine. No matter what path you choose to "branch out" on later, these core lifts will serve you well.

2-Day Split Routines:

So the next question becomes: when should I think about split routines? In very simple terms, the answer is: when full body routines become too much. Usually, as you get stronger, it becomes very difficult to maintain enough energy to do squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc. all on the same day. You may also find that you want to add in a few isolation exercises to bring up your weak areas, or you may want to begin focusing more on each core lift. Another issue is recovery; as you get stronger, you are able to work out more intensely, and that means longer recovery times. So at that point, it makes sense to "split" things up by only doing a part of your previous full routine on any given day.

A logical place to make your first split is into an Upper / Lower type routine. This will have you doing your upper body work like bench press, rows, overhead pressing on 1 day, and your lower body work like squats on another day. Another way to go would be a "push/pull" type split where you do all your pulling exercises (rows, deads) on one day and your pushing exercises (squats, overhead press, bench) on another day. Exactly how you do it is up to you, but the point is to divide the workload per session. This will give you more time (and volume) per body part, and also give you a bit more recovery before you work that muscle again. Most people will typically cycle through a 2-day split like these twice per week. So instead of every muscle being stimulated 3 times per week with the full body, now it's twice per week with the 2-day split.

3+ Day Splits:

3, 4, 5 (or more!) day splits come in when you again feel the need to divide your workload to match your recovery abilities, or increase the amount of work you want to do on specific muscles or lifts. Generally, these type of splits are mostly bodybuilding related, but even strength athletes may chose to split so they can work on speed lifts one day, strength work another, etc.

At this point (speaking to bodybuilding) many lifters will only hit each muscle group once per week. This has the advantage of letting you really hammer a muscle group with a lot of weight and volume, and then give it plenty of time to recover while you're bringing the pain to the next group. Your full body effort is broken down into segments that are manageable from a workload, energy, and recovery standpoint.

If you are an "experienced" (older) lifter with decreased recovery abilities (we all ain't as young as we used to be), this type of split often is useful for staying healthy due to the increased recovery time per body part. The kids might not think it's important, but your tendons might.

There are so many variations of splits that I won't even attempt to detail all the possibilities. If you follow the advice in this post, by the time you need a multiple day split, you'll know your body, your goals, and have a pretty good idea of what you want to do.

Final Thoughts:

I believe it's a logical notion to start with a full body routine, and begin splitting only when you feel the need to increase your recovery or increase your volume. If you stick with the concept that you're trying to hit a muscle as often as you are able while still recovering adequately, and let that be your guide, you'll do okay.

Hopefully, this gives some food for thought to help you decide what type of routine you should use. Ultimately, however, it's worth saying that you can do fine with any well-designed program even if you begin with a split routine right from the beginning.

Repost from my thread in the Exercises Section...it's more applicable here.
    How about 5 day splits?

pirulo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, I've being working out at my house with some dumbbell and barbell, I'm a full time worker plus a student from 8:00am-1:00pm. My job has differente shift so I'M work at different times in a week. Now I'M do my workout before going to college, right now I'm doing one boddy part per day plus my 2-3 mile run after the workout. You guys suggest that IS should do full body workout circuits, 2-3 time a week? How many sets per circuit has to be done, or each circuit counts as a set? My main goal is to burn fat, I just read an article in this web page that full body workouts are great for my goal.

mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I like Splits better
    www.mydreamshape.com (Tips and Tools to get you into Bikini Model Shape)

robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally I prefer a fully body 3x per week using heavy compounds. Reason being it's easier for me to focus on and keep track of my progression and increase the load on the weight I'm lifting. I also like the feeling of lifting each body part frequently as opposed to ahnilitating it once per week. I've gotten much stronger using the 3x per week fully body approach and no where near as sore after.

robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TimGetsThin View Post
    So as a beginner, I've been doing a full body routine 3x a week for about a month now and from workout #1 I've been struggling to maintain my intensity through the entire week. I have about 160 lbs. of fat to lose, so I'm also doing cardio 6 days a week (cardio in the early morning and lifting in the afternoon after work) which is probably adding to my lack of energy come Thursday/Friday.

Should I stick with my full body routine with hopes of my body adjusting after some time or should I move to a split routine to ease the workload on my body since I'm also doing heavy cardio throughout the week?
    Reduce the weight by 10-20% and then gradually increase each week over 4-8 weeks to get back to where you are now. This will help you work more on the form and let your body adjust to the training frequency.

jack1340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been training for 9 Months on a 5 day split and have got decent progress... Can anyone suggest a good full body routine that could replace the split and will my results be better?

marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100) marilynfox is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jack1340 View Post
    I've been training for 9 Months on a 5 day split and have got decent progress... Can anyone suggest a good full body routine that could replace the split and will my results be better?
    Try ICF 5x5. However, from personal experience I find it a little bit too high in volume and hard to focus. If you will notice it too, I'd sugest throwing out few isolations (like skullcrushers or shrugs) and do only compounds, like squat, bench, row, chinups and hyperextension and on the other day, squat, deadlift, OHP, chinups, close grip bench.

The thing is, doing full ICF routines takes up to 2 hours to complete and I find it kinda retarded (again, from my pov).

jack1340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The problem is that with college and college rugby I don't have time for a 2 hour programme.... Any other workout styles that would work well?

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Loved this fullbody routine back in the day.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155009423
    The best part of this is, my kids are learning to live healthier because of me.

Froeschli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just chiming in too... I think of myself mostly as a runner, but decided to start lifting to shape things up a little... i am also sadly lacking upper body strength.

i started with a full body routine (a somewhat modified version of NROL4W) and found my lower body was way more sore than my upper. so i ended up doing a split full body / upper body, in favour of doing something rather than resting entirely. i am only two weeks into it (this time around), but i expect when things start to even out that i'll be continuing with the full body routine i had initially planned...

Registered User Creatineaspills's Avatar
    Creatineaspills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatineaspills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatineaspills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatineaspills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I liked full body to give me more rest between days and to do shadow boxing, sparring ect on off days. But i am only training for fuctional strength in fighting sitations...so i use splits so i can hit my legs and tri's with @ least 2 exersises
    Last edited by Creatineaspills; 10-14-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritzl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    TL: DR

I do HST which means full body session every session. That means Squats, DL, Bench, the lot, every other day. Them feels on 15 reps of Squats at 15RM day

teeeby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I started, I specifically targeted a few areas that I was weaker in - chest, arms/shoulders..

I kept my workouts to 'full body', 3 times a week - monday wednesday friday. Every session I did a bit of extra on those weak areas.

I also set myself a motivational goal - I wanted to be able to do 10 wide grip pullups. (When I started, I could barely do two!) So I made sure every time I went to the gym I did pullups, amongst a few other things like pushups, dips, etc... Now I can smash 3 sets of 8-10 quite easily.. and possibly 30 straight when fresh!

Approx 18 months later now I have filled out all over with a very good base strength (core, back, shoulders, quauds)..
    I feel now I could go to a split and target growth of specific areas, but I really love 'full body' style because it works everything out together - e.g. no massive arms and tiny body, or huge shoulders and tiny back, etc. (lol).. I also like high intensity workouts. Keeps me motivated!

Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exethereal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've always felt full routine is superior to split in the beginning. However it will get to a point where you will be lifting too heavy to be able to complete full body routine. This is when I'll be switching to split.
    |New Zealand Crew|
    |Have no emotions, only feels crew|
    |'Mire my reflection in car windows crew|
    |Lift with my shades on because darkness raises test levels by 50% crew|

Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey nice post, Could i have some help please? I have been lifting around 1 year but have always done split routine

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday arms
    Wednesday Shoulder & traps
    Thursday : Legs
    Fri: back

But my weights are heavy enough, what should I do? Move to a full body workout 3x times per week? Or stay with this routine split and try to increase weights by step?Wont i lose muscle if i switch to fullbody 3x per week?

My goals are : Gain some muscle not passing 14% Bf
    Last edited by Dan8890; 10-22-2013 at 12:50 PM.

rwclay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not really seeing any feedback in here just a lot of ppl looking for help including myself, will post anyways just to see what happens as i'm ready for the next step

i've been hitting the gym for a little over a year

because i'm so busy i don't have time to hit the gym everyday; i went with a monday, wedsnesday and friday set up (in summer i play outdoor ball hockey sundays)

i start my workouts with a 10 min warm up run ie: bike, treadmill and stride machine, then i stretch
    monday i do up to 12 workouts split between full arms and shoulders
    wedsnesday i do u near 10 workouts of abs with a little lower back stuff
    friday i do up to 12 workouts split between chest and legs
    now i started off doing sets of 3 medium weights as i tried to build to heavy weights, i got bigger (180lbs to 193lbs) but couldn't define doing this so i figured i needed to switch my workouts up

i ended up switching to a H.I.T (high intensity) routine to define and creating a week 1 and week 2 routine so i'd switch each week so i wasn't doing the same thing week to week
    this was huge for cutting my weight and defining.. i was finally seeing little improvement with my abs
    my legs and thighs have always been big which is good and bad in my opinion and i wanted to shrink them some more and increase my abs.. i ended up cutting my leg workouts except down to 2 every friday, continued my warm up runs and with the open slots i filled more ab work outs...
    i also added 2-3 ab workouts to my monday and friday rountines so that i was doing abs every workout day
    now this brought me close to what i was trying to accomplish, my weight is at 173lb, my abs are doing good, almost 6 pack range, just working my ass off at the lower portion.

so now my dilemma is my arms have toned a bit but shrunk.. my chest is still moving in the right direction, legs are manageable and my abs still need a bit in the lower section but i feel confident with staying on a proper meal plan i'll get there.

i figured the right direction for me to go now that i dropped the fat in area's i wanted was to go back to a 3 set medium-heavy weight system and ditch the H.I.T routine.
    i did start testing some workouts on the musclepharm site and i work up super but it completely destroyed my confidence as i could not complete most of the workouts i choose to try and it's been detouring me to wanna go back to H.I.T workouts.

what do you guys think? drop the H.I.T routine for a 3 set medium weight and work at those or go back to H.I.T?

i don't wanna start a different routine or the wrong routine and waste my time, as well as previous work i've accomplished.. just wanna build my upper body while maintaining my abs and lower body.

Registered User OnlyTheBestOffe's Avatar
    OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnlyTheBestOffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Full body such as 5x5 programs are great until you start to get to the intermediate level. Unless you are bodybuilding, I really don't see a point in basing your training around certain muscles as opposed to your basic push / pull or upper / lower.
    http://onlythebestoffersforyou.blogspot.ca/

Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan8890 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Dan8890 View Post
    Hey nice post, Could i have some help please? I have been lifting around 1 year but have always done split routine

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday arms
    Wednesday Shoulder & traps
    Thursday : Legs
    Fri: back

But my weights are heavy enough, what should I do? Move to a full body workout 3x times per week? Or stay with this routine split and try to increase weights by step?Wont i lose muscle if i switch to fullbody 3x per week?

My goals are : Gain some muscle not passing 14% Bf
    Bumping my question thanks

stackerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about for weight loss/fat loss, would you recommend full body over split?

prettyHulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm trying the full body workout (body by science style) and I feel myself completely exhausted.. It seems like it's too much for me. I'll probably change it to 2 day split to give my body more time for rest.

cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "If you stick with the concept that you're trying to hit a muscle as often as you are able while still recovering adequately, and let that be your guide, you'll do okay."

This is what throws me off. This and the thread about "training." When I do a routine such as All Pro's (about to get into the second cycle) it warns you NOT to do extra lifts/stuff like that because it messes with the routine. I mean, from what i've seen all these full body routines kind of warn against it but then people say stuff about high intensity/volume training and that if you're recovered then do more.

Thus my confusion stems from knowing that i recover quite quickly from all pro's routine but not doing "more" because I'm told I shouldn;t.

Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kulutues is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thats great I mix both particularly full boy when cutting to ease stress on your joints (you will be lacking nutrients so they are more prone to injury)

rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rcrown2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To those of you ITT with unanswered questions, you'd do good to check out the Routines and Advice sticky (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115643271). This has more than enough info to help with all of your questions. For myself, I'd suggest a full body or upper/lower split focusing on the main compound lifts. Madcow's 5x5 or All Pro's are both great choices. Assuming you have your diet in line with your goals, progressive overload will give you results you're looking for.

Good luck to all!
    Eat real food, move more, lift heavy stuff, show gratitude, be happy.

markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    perhaps go to sleep! lol!