Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OllieSA View Post
    Don't be an idiot. Atheism says nothing of origins.
    The entire notion of a deity is about origins, how can the theory of atheism not be about origins when it denies the existence of a diety. If you take the stance of being an atheist you have assigned yourself to a specific notion of origins, in this case rejecting the notion of God and any part played by a God in any origin. You cannot pick and choose as you please just to try and avoid difficult topics.

I've edited the point you quoted for clarity.

Originally Posted by Margzz View Post
    The way this thread has gone is a perfect illustration of one of the greatest flaws of humanity. We decide what side of the fence we are on by making our own logical deductions through our personal belief and our experience of the world around us, and then we shut up shop and remain intensely steadfast on defending our original position regardless of any logical inconsistencies we may run into that challenges said position.

The OP didn't even mention religion, yet somehow it has one again stemmed into a atheist vs. religion debate of sorts. Most mainstream religions, and the most common one discussed in this thread being Christianity, are dependent on God's existence, however the existence of a creator of sorts is not dependent on say what is written in the bible being true.

The OP's point was that with each passing day we learn more information about the universe that shakes and breaks down our conceived laws of the universe. His extension of that point was if our supposed "laws of the universe" can be proven false, then how can we be so sure there that some sort of divine being does not exist?

The point is, we can't. So it is a logical fallacy to refer to a Creator's existence in absolutes, because we ultimately have no proof to confirm or deny his existence.
    Seriously I cannot tell you how pleased I am, even excited, that there are some people like you ITT that have the ability to actually get the line of thought I am trying to get people to follow.