Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you really hungry like stomach grumbling or is it in your head?

Good job on hitting those macros btw.

Yeah the ab thing maxing out with low reps. I use a 45# plate on the incline bench or you can use the rope pulldown and do weighted crunches.

Your abs will be able to handle a lot more weight than you can imagine!
    -KimP

Picking up the pieces newbeginning828's Avatar
    newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cynthia_waz View Post
    yay! I found your journal. I'd been looking for it
    There were a few things I wanted to quote/ask/etc, but I think there was too much, so I'm just gonna go off of the top of my head. looking for answers from some of your followers too

I'm glad you are enjoying NROLFW. I am a huge fan of it so far. I started the program weighing 200lbs. I'm finishing up Stage 5 this week and I'm down to 180. I opted to eat at a deficit for the program because I had so much to lose. I still made good strength gains and muscle mass gains. But I had ALOT of mush for my body to eat up in the process.
    I usually did NOT eat extra calories on workout days. Again, because I had so much mush. I have recently decided to up my cals by 100 for every day of the week. we'll see what happens.... but now i'm wondering if I should be adding extra cals on workout days. If I was down to 170, I don't think I'd even question that...
    Right now, I am looking for pure strength gains for my job in the Army. I'm hoping that some good aesthetics will come from it. but right now, they are secondary.
    don't feel bad about the McDevils. I am currently addicted to the Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream. I just order a small, and then go about my day as normal. maybe lowering my carb portions.
    I am subbed and can't wait to see your success.

oh, yeah, I freakin love that one arm dumbbell snatch. I don't know why, but it makes me feel badass. Especially when I FINALLY got the 35s up last night! Boo-yah!
    Hi Cynthia! Thanks for poppin in

Yea, I'm ok about the McDevil's (lol I got that from P btw, its so fitting). It doesn't happen often and I know it won't ruin anything. Boy, it sure was good tho Mmmm like your Starbucks! It's been a while since I've had one of their drinks. I've been on a straight coffee kick lately.

If you're going for strength, and not worried about the aesthetics, I would def consider eating at or at least a little above maintenance. That way your muskles are nice and fed and they'll grow nice and strong! This is what I'm trying to do at the moment. I reaaally want to put on some good size (esp the legs, bleck).

I'm really liking this stage. I watched a good vid on that db snatch so I'm gonna try it out tonite and hopefully i'll get the hang of it. And I can join the "badass" club

Originally Posted by KimPossible98 View Post
    Are you really hungry like stomach grumbling or is it in your head?

Good job on hitting those macros btw.

Yeah the ab thing maxing out with low reps. I use a 45# plate on the incline bench or you can use the rope pulldown and do weighted crunches.

Your abs will be able to handle a lot more weight than you can imagine!
    I did ponder if it was in my head. So.. I waited and drank water and realized it was REAL tummy rumbling hunger. Had a few multigrain crackers and felt much better.

I've tried holding a big plate, but being a shorty, I don't have much real estate in the torso so my ROM is drastically cut. I' probably gonna have to use the rope for some weight, cuz using a db is scary... one slip & it'll be in my face lol

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by newbeginning828 View Post
    I did ponder if it was in my head. So.. I waited and drank water and realized it was REAL tummy rumbling hunger. Had a few multigrain crackers and felt much better.
    When you get a snack attack like that make sure to get some protein in there in addition to your carbs. One of the things that Lou talks about in these books is how an apple is not a meal, an apple and a glass of milk is a meal. Crackers are not a meal, crackers wtih some turkey on top is. A bagle is not a meal, a bagel spread with some PB is. Pro, carbs, fat - pick 2 for snacks.

I've tried holding a big plate, but being a shorty, I don't have much real estate in the torso so my ROM is drastically cut. I' probably gonna have to use the rope for some weight, cuz using a db is scary... one slip & it'll be in my face lol
    HA! I've been there...wondering if I am going to hit myself in the face... thinking about how much money went to my Orthodontist... wondering if he needs a new Cadillac and would be happy to see me come back after I smash my teeth out.

But yeah, I do actually use a DB for these. Or use a lighter DB and hold it outstretched above the top of your head. It'll give you the leverage you need (beware if you have shoulder issues).
    -KimP

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Cynthia! Thanks for poppin in

Yea, I'm ok about the McDevil's (lol I got that from P btw, its so fitting). It doesn't happen often and I know it won't ruin anything. Boy, it sure was good tho Mmmm like your Starbucks! It's been a while since I've had one of their drinks. I've been on a straight coffee kick lately.

If you're going for strength, and not worried about the aesthetics, I would def consider eating at or at least a little above maintenance. That way your muskles are nice and fed and they'll grow nice and strong! This is what I'm trying to do at the moment. I reaaally want to put on some good size (esp the legs, bleck).

I'm really liking this stage. I watched a good vid on that db snatch so I'm gonna try it out tonite and hopefully i'll get the hang of it. And I can join the "badass" club
    I definitely want to get stronger, and yeah aesthetics are kinda second, but i really really need to drop bodyfat for the Army too. I pass tape, but I don't want to be taped anymore. I just want to get on the scale and then get off the scale. Do not want to go to private area with another female soldier to take my measurements anymore. It's embarassing. I still have about 10 more pound to go to reach my Army weight.
    That's the sucky thing about maternity clothes... you know your belly is growing, but you have no real idea how much the rest of you is growing too.... I had an addiction to refried beans and entire boxes of fruity pebbles. oh! and those sugary ice pops. I gained about 50lbs while I was pregnant. My baby didn't even weigh 8lbs.... So I'm fighting to get this off! So eating at or above maintenance is still totally terrifying for me

If you like Stage 2, you'll love Stage 4 it's the same thing, but different reps and sets. All new levels of badass-ity to be reached
    I'm gonna be one to watch in 2012. Just wait and see.

Dirty Old Uncle Sam Likes His Women Fit and Trim
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136368681&page=1

*Team Amazon* Sisterhood of Iron

newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I definitely want to get stronger, and yeah aesthetics are kinda second, but i really really need to drop bodyfat for the Army too. I pass tape, but I don't want to be taped anymore. I just want to get on the scale and then get off the scale. Do not want to go to private area with another female soldier to take my measurements anymore. It's embarassing. I still have about 10 more pound to go to reach my Army weight.
    That's the sucky thing about maternity clothes... you know your belly is growing, but you have no real idea how much the rest of you is growing too.... I had an addiction to refried beans and entire boxes of fruity pebbles. oh! and those sugary ice pops. I gained about 50lbs while I was pregnant. My baby didn't even weigh 8lbs.... So I'm fighting to get this off! So eating at or above maintenance is still totally terrifying for me

If you like Stage 2, you'll love Stage 4 it's the same thing, but different reps and sets. All new levels of badass-ity to be reached
    Ohhh ok, hmm, yea it's a tough situation for you. I don't know what "taped" means but by the sounds of it I'd be embarrassed too. Maybe try keeping the cutting slow and steady... eating just below maintenance. This way your body is almost well fed so you can still make some gains and lose the weight. I know it's not the ideal situation for getting stronger, but at least you get some of each.

I know it sounds selfish but I'm terrified of getting preggie. I'd love to have a child, but am so scared as to what will happen to my body. We are still a few years away from "officially" trying but I still think about it every now and then.

Naw, I didn't care for Stage 2 much.. it's Stage 3 that I'm really liking. I got the dumbbell snatch down today, the vid I watched helped so much, it WAS sooo much fun! I'll put up my numbers later today... I've gotta finish this darn paper for one of my finals

When you get a snack attack like that make sure to get some protein in there in addition to your carbs. One of the things that Lou talks about in these books is how an apple is not a meal, an apple and a glass of milk is a meal. Crackers are not a meal, crackers wtih some turkey on top is. A bagle is not a meal, a bagel spread with some PB is. Pro, carbs, fat - pick 2 for snacks.
    Ahhhh.... words of wisdom. Lol, although I was lucky that I had some extra crackers period. I usually just carry my "scheduled" food for the day. PHEW!

HA! I've been there...wondering if I am going to hit myself in the face... thinking about how much money went to my Orthodontist... wondering if he needs a new Cadillac and would be happy to see me come back after I smash my teeth out.

But yeah, I do actually use a DB for these. Or use a lighter DB and hold it outstretched above the top of your head. It'll give you the leverage you need (beware if you have shoulder issues).
    EXACTLY! It's pretty scary. I'll try the outstretched version next time... oh boy, that's gonna be interesting... I hope I don't end up rolling off the ball

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know it sounds selfish but I'm terrified of getting preggie. I'd love to have a child, but am so scared as to what will happen to my body. We are still a few years away from "officially" trying but I still think about it every now and then.
    DON'T DO IT!!! KIDS ARE CRAXY PEOPLE!

Ha!

You'll bounce back fast if you are lifting! I wasn't doing anything and still bounced back fairly decently even after the 3rd. Genetics too, of course.

I really want to go back and do stage 1 again:-) Looking forward to stage 7 and some good, old-fashioned lifts! I saw my friend post up standard DLs and I got all kinds of excited! lol
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah, if you have your body in good enough shape pre-baby, and are careful about your nutrition and still manage some workouts while pregnant, you'll be fine. a friend of mine waz taking zumba until about a week before she delivered. she looked amazing!!
    I, on the otherhand, had only started lifting about a year before I got pregnant, and right before I got pregnant, I was in the "Woo hoo!!! I'm home from Iraq so I'm gonna pig out on all the foods and drinks I missed" phase of my life And I did not exercise enough while pregnant. So, I got up to 239 the day before I delivered. BIG!!! I have a picture of my giant belly over on my bodyspace profile. If I was to get pregnant again, I would do things totally different!!

To get taped in the Army means, that you are over the weight standards for your height/age, and they bust out a measuring tape and try to get an assessment of your bodyfat. I do not believe that the way the Army does it is very accurate though. They just measure my neck, the smallest part of my waist, and the widest part of my hips/glutes. So when I "check" my bodyfat, that's all I look at because I'm just concerned about what the Army wants. I belong to a very small, badass trauma surgery team. out of 25 soldiers, only 6 of us are women. We REALLY need to keep up with the guys, if not surpass them. I only joined this unit about a year ago, right after my daughter was born, so they've been forgiving thus far, but it won't be that way much longer.

although I was lucky that I had some extra crackers period. I usually just carry my "scheduled" food for the day. PHEW!
    Do you find that you're hungry every day? Or was that a one time thing?

It takes a special kind of person to decide they should have kids. I am not one of those people. I watch my sister with my niece and oh my goodness, that looks miserable to me. Srs, hats off to all the ladies on here who have kids and are able to deal with that madness. The only reason I would want kids is so that when I'm 60 years old I do not regret not having them - and that does not seem like a good enough reason to have them in the first place.

Make sure the guy you are with is not a complete goob before deciding to have kids either...
    -KimP

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awww man....I'm always late to the game....I'm IN and Sub'd.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Do you find that you're hungry every day? Or was that a one time thing?
    No, it doesn't happen often. Just every once in a while I'll have days where I feel like I just can't get enough food. Come to think of it, it's usually after a good workout and my muscles are coming off being really sore... hopefully that's a good thing.

It takes a special kind of person to decide they should have kids. I am not one of those people. I watch my sister with my niece and oh my goodness, that looks miserable to me. Srs, hats off to all the ladies on here who have kids and are able to deal with that madness. The only reason I would want kids is so that when I'm 60 years old I do not regret not having them - and that does not seem like a good enough reason to have them in the first place.

Make sure the guy you are with is not a complete goob before deciding to have kids either...
    I LOVE kids but right now I love and need my "me" time as well... thank goodness for technology making it easier for women to get preggie as they age.

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Awww man....I'm always late to the game....I'm IN and Sub'd.
    Hi Meg! Thanks for stopping by!

Congrats on the weight btw!... I was journal lurking yesterday and seen it

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thank goodness for technology making it easier for women to get preggie as they age.
    You are silly! You aren't even that old yet
    My Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

I was thinking that your protein might be too low compared to the carbs. Protein and fat play a huge role in blunting your hunger.

So if you want to play to find out what works for you up your protein by 25g and lower your carbs by 25g. Or up the fats and lower the carbs. You could even try going up to like 180g protein and reducing the carbs. It really is quite amazing at how much switching up these things can impact when you get hungry. It's not just all about how much you eat to blunt hunger.

1g fat = 9 cal
    1g pro = 4 cal
    1g carbs = 4 cal

I like to put carbs right around my workouts because I find that I lift much better when I have a high carb snack/meal before a workout.

I also like to have my oatmeal in the AM for breakfast as kind of my go go go kickstart.

But with your school schedule make sure to experiment to see where it helps to load your carbs in. You may consider saving carbs for dinner (pre workout for you) and post workout snack/protein shake.
    -KimP

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know it sounds selfish but I'm terrified of getting preggie. I'd love to have a child, but am so scared as to what will happen to my body. We are still a few years away from "officially" trying but I still think about it every now and then.(
    I think this is totally normal! But when I got to the point of wanting my babies, it didn't matter. Was a thought in my head, but totally worth the risk!! I actually was one of the lucky people who nursing helped me get the pounds off. And I ended up thinner than before both times. (My girls are two and four years old now. )AND no stretch marks! But I made up for it in cellulite-lol....But that is fixable. Hopefully.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was thinking that your protein might be too low compared to the carbs. Protein and fat play a huge role in blunting your hunger.

So if you want to play to find out what works for you up your protein by 25g and lower your carbs by 25g. Or up the fats and lower the carbs. You could even try going up to like 180g protein and reducing the carbs. It really is quite amazing at how much switching up these things can impact when you get hungry. It's not just all about how much you eat to blunt hunger.

1g fat = 9 cal
    1g pro = 4 cal
    1g carbs = 4 cal

I like to put carbs right around my workouts because I find that I lift much better when I have a high carb snack/meal before a workout.

I also like to have my oatmeal in the AM for breakfast as kind of my go go go kickstart.

But with your school schedule make sure to experiment to see where it helps to load your carbs in. You may consider saving carbs for dinner (pre workout for you) and post workout snack/protein shake.
    Interesting!! Trying to play with mine, too. Right now just to figure out maintenance. Which means I gotta be strict and accurate...high hopes. Carbs always seem to fill me up more, but it might be a mental thing, or the illusion of 'comfort food' as opposed to what my body really needs. I mean I know I need my carbs but not 300g a day, lol.

ETA- sorry for double posts. Not yet sure how to post quoting two people.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HJU View Post
    ETA- sorry for double posts. Not yet sure how to post quoting two people.
    Next to reply there is a little double bubble window, if you click that and then click it again on the other post you want and hit reply, it'll quote both of them

Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    You are silly! You aren't even that old yet
    I know.. but gotta keep my options open just in case

1g fat = 9 cal
    1g pro = 4 cal
    1g carbs = 4 cal

Yea, I'm going to try and play around with this. I think my body can blow right through carbs pretty easily, which is how I gained weight last year. I'm going to try moving them around to pre (dinner) & post workout and have a higher protein/fat breakfast. Maybe my body will like that better. That will be next weeks experiment.

I think this is totally normal! But when I got to the point of wanting my babies, it didn't matter. Was a thought in my head, but totally worth the risk!! I actually was one of the lucky people who nursing helped me get the pounds off. And I ended up thinner than before both times. (My girls are two and four years old now. )AND no stretch marks! But I made up for it in cellulite-lol....But that is fixable. Hopefully.
    Ohh I sure hope I can say this too!

Yesterday's workout: 12/1/11

Stage 3 Workout A2

-A1: One-Arm DB Snatch:
    3 sets of 6
    20x6
    25x6
    30x6 <-- This was so much fun now that I've figured out what I'm doing... 30 went up solid gonna try 35's next time for sure

-B1: DB Single Leg Romanian DL:
    3 sets of 6
    25x6x3

-B2: BB Bent Over Row:
    3 sets of 6
    85x6x2
    90x6

-C1: DB Single Arm Overhead Squat:
    3 sets of 6
    25x6x3 <-- I don't like these at all

-C2: DB Incline Bench Press:
    3 sets of 6
    25x6x2
    30x6

-D1: Plank:
    3 @ 90s

-D2: Reverse Wood Chop:
    3 sets of 6
    25x6
    30x6x2

-Body Weight Matrix:
    2mins 40sec
    2mins 30sec

Overall, I was super happy with this workout . I really like the setup and the moves (except that damn squat). I'm definitely going to push harder next time now that I'm more comfortable with the moves.

Going to throw in some chins & pulls to break from studying for finals this weekend and post those numbers up later. Damn finals... keeping me in on a Friday night

Ohh... and another plus, I found out that some of Hubbyz fam is going to be giving cash for X-mas. I've decided to get myself a gym membership w/the money! I'm so excited I won't have to work around my school schedule so much and I'll have local access to go on the weekends as well!!!

Ohh... and another plus, I found out that some of Hubbyz fam is going to be giving cash for X-mas. I've decided to get myself a gym membership w/the money! I'm so excited I won't have to work around my school schedule so much and I'll have local access to go on the weekends as well!!!
    Very exciting!
    -- Nike

Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kkel7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Coming out of lurkdom and subbing. Like others said, I find I'm learning much more from following journals. I am currently in the last week of stage 1 of NROLFW. Lifting is a whole new world to me coming from a cardio obsessed background, but I'm loving it!

[QUOTE=newbeginning828;790693673]
    Overall, I was super happy with this workout . I really like the setup and the moves (except that damn squat). I'm definitely going to push harder next time now that I'm more comfortable with the moves.[quote]

YES!

Hooray for money And gym memberships!
    My Journal

Very exciting!
    [QUOTE=pharty;790857413][QUOTE=newbeginning828;790693673]
    Overall, I was super happy with this workout . I really like the setup and the moves (except that damn squat). I'm definitely going to push harder next time now that I'm more comfortable with the moves.

YES!

Hooray for money And gym memberships!
    I'm ecstatic! It'll make life so much easier for me... plus I won't have to worry about being able to fit more lifting days in. I can pick my next program with ease.

Originally Posted by Kkel7 View Post
    Coming out of lurkdom and subbing. Like others said, I find I'm learning much more from following journals. I am currently in the last week of stage 1 of NROLFW. Lifting is a whole new world to me coming from a cardio obsessed background, but I'm loving it!
    Hi! Thanks for joining! Yep, I was a lurker too and then found my way over to the journals.. best thing ever

Haha! Stage 1 was so long for me but I liked it and learned so much. Then next stages are so fun. If you have any questions just let us know, cuz we've been there. Feel free to talk about anything you want up in here!

Pull-ups
    all working sets
    bwx3
    bwx3
    bwx2
    bwx3
    bwx3

Chins
    all working sets
    bwx4
    bwx4
    bwx3
    bwx4
    bwx6

I decided to take a break from studying (just couldn't think anymore) and worked these in. I'll probably work some in tomorrow too. The sets felt harder than normal, most likely because I didn't work on them last weekend. Ah well.

Diet wise: I find that since I'm stressing my mind wants to stress eat. I'm not hungry and I know it.. but head is just looking for crap to snack on. I'm gonna do my best to keep it in check but I know my mind is gonna win some of the time (yes, it already has) luckily finals will be over soon and I can go back to normal.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Pull-ups
    all working sets
    bwx3
    bwx3
    bwx2
    bwx3
    bwx3

Chins
    all working sets
    bwx4
    bwx4
    bwx3
    bwx4
    bwx6

I decided to take a break from studying (just couldn't think anymore) and worked these in. I'll probably work some in tomorrow too. The sets felt harder than normal, most likely because I didn't work on them last weekend. Ah well.

Diet wise: I find that since I'm stressing my mind wants to stress eat. I'm not hungry and I know it.. but head is just looking for crap to snack on. I'm gonna do my best to keep it in check but I know my mind is gonna win some of the time (yes, it already has) luckily finals will be over soon and I can go back to normal.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    I totally relate to stress eating!! Trying to break my old cycles now. Lifestyle change! It is hard. The mind can be so powerful, lol..
    Impressed with the pullups! How did you work up to doing them? I am NOWHERE near that. Thanks.
    -- Nike

Yesterday's workout: 12/1/11

Stage 3 Workout A2

-A1: One-Arm DB Snatch:
    3 sets of 6
    20x6
    25x6
    30x6 <-- This was so much fun now that I've figured out what I'm doing... 30 went up solid gonna try 35's next time for sure

-B1: DB Single Leg Romanian DL:
    3 sets of 6
    25x6x3

-B2: BB Bent Over Row:
    3 sets of 6
    85x6x2
    90x6

-C1: DB Single Arm Overhead Squat:
    3 sets of 6
    25x6x3 <-- I don't like these at all

-C2: DB Incline Bench Press:
    3 sets of 6
    25x6x2
    30x6

-D1: Plank:
    3 @ 90s

-D2: Reverse Wood Chop:
    3 sets of 6
    25x6
    30x6x2

-Body Weight Matrix:
    2mins 40sec
    2mins 30sec

Going to throw in some chins & pulls to break from studying for finals this weekend and post those numbers up later. Damn finals... keeping me in on a Friday night

your numbers make me wanna do the Wayne and Garth "Not Worthy" bow. I just finished the 5th stage and some of my numbers can barely hold a candle to yours.
    you, my dear, are a badass

I totally relate to stress eating!! Trying to break my old cycles now. Lifestyle change! It is hard. The mind can be so powerful, lol..
    Impressed with the pullups! How did you work up to doing them? I am NOWHERE near that. Thanks.
    It is so hard... arrgh lol. I try to drink water or chew gum and then my mind starts to sneak in the "come on, it's ok you've been so good" or "im bored I need something to wake the me up" talk.

Thanks! I initially started the pullups with using a chair and putting 1 foot on for a little assistance, until I was able to do sets of like 12-15. Then I moved on to negatives and "lil hops" (meaning i would give myself a lil hop to start the move and complete it normally) and did working sets like that. Little by little I was able to incorporate a single bodyweight pullup into my working sets. I'd do something like 5 negatives, 6 w/hop, 1 bw, 1 bw, 6 w/hop, 5 negatives. Believe me it took a bit of time to be able to do working sets. Once I realized i was able to do a few pullups I found a program online to keep working on them on the side. I think I get to max next week or the week after.. I'm pretty excited to see how many I can do now.

your numbers make me wanna do the Wayne and Garth "Not Worthy" bow. I just finished the 5th stage and some of my numbers can barely hold a candle to yours.
    you, my dear, are a badass
    Thanks, you just made my day!

LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you had me wanting to sub at "American Gladiator"

I think they should bring that show back (Again)

you are strong, way stronger than me

keep rockin'
    My Journal, sometimes there are adorable dog pics
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149029193

Animal Project F log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171830873&p=1450434263#post1450434263

Originally Posted by LoveMyInk View Post
    you had me wanting to sub at "American Gladiator"

I think they should bring that show back (Again)

you are strong, way stronger than me

keep rockin'
    Haha! Ahhh the gladiators, they shud bring it back... I'd so watch lol

Thanks! I'm working hard to join the amazon women club around here.

I've been studying all day but squeezed in a few sets of pullup & chins to keep me sane.

Pullups
    working sets
    bw x 3
    bw x 3
    bw x 3
    bw x 2
    bw x 8

Chins
    working sets
    bw x 4
    bw x 4
    bw x 4
    bw x 4
    bw x 9

That's it for today. One final is tomorrow hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in a workout.

Funny how everyone remembers these chicks being more buff...

I'm working hard to join the amazon women club around here.
    Always looking for members! I really gotta get those shirts made up...

And look at you with the chins and pulls! Nice work!

What did you say you were studying in school again?
    -KimP