Hurtlock5010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Call for assistance, I am stuck, please help!!

Hello every one, I'm new here and looking for some help (I know this is probably the millionth post like this). But I have been hitting the gym hard for since July starting at 275lbs and I have lost only 35lbs. I seem to have plateaued at 241lbs and am not losing any more weight.

This is how I started six days away week walking one mile 15 mins on max incline.
    Now I am at five days 5k run (split up into one mile intervals) and about 45 mins of weights.
    So it looks like this

Monday - 5k interval run- Chest (Smith Press, Smith Incline Press, Cable Flys) and Biceps (standing curls, preacher curls and sitting alternating curls)

Tuesday - 5k interval run - Back ( Wide Grip Assisted Pull Ups, Lat Pull down, Seated Rows and one other machinery I can not figure how to describe. You sit and pull back on it lol)
    Forearms (Seated Reverse Curls and Standing Reverse Curls)

Wednesday - 5k run - Legs -( Incline Press, Squat Machine, Quad Machine and Calf Machine)

Thursday - Jump Rope 20 mins and Mile Run. - Shoulders ( Smith Front Military Press, Smith Back Military Press, Reverse Pecdeck, Shrugs and Sitting Alternating Lateral dumbbells)

Friday - 5k interval run - Triceps ( Smith Close Grip Press, Dips, Skull Crushers and Rope Cable Pull down) Biceps (standing curls, preacher curls and sitting alternating curls)

I know I do a lot of cardio but I feel like it is needed to burn fat/calories. Now I may be wrong but that is why I am here.

Supplements Natures Best Isopure Protein and Muscle Farm Mono/Hydro Creatine.

Diet Every morning I juice one Red Beet four Carrots and one Apple to spike my insulin levels before my work out.

Meals during the week Almonds, Greek Yogurt, an apple and Grilled Chicken Breast. Dinner is Brown Rice with Tuna fish (Oh boy!)
    Weekends I tend to eat what I want, witch is normally Sushi and Korean food.

So here I am at 241lbs not sure if I'm losing fat and gaining muscle and that's why I am kinda hovering around 241lbs.
    Perhaps I should not eat and drink on the weekends? I gain about 4lbs but that is normally gone by Tuesday.

So to sum it all up the type of body I want is a lean one. I have been big and strong all my life but I was never lean. I have big flabby man tits and I want them gone lol. Attached is pic of the 275lbs me and the 241lbs one.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go to the nutrition section and figure out how many calories you need and your fat, protein and carb needs. Eat what makes you happy (primarily wholesome foods) to get you there. You aren't going to lose weight at 240 eating the same amount you ate to lose at 270. I'm unclear hoe much your actually eating and since you didn't mention calories or macros, your prob not sure either.

As to your workout, get off the machines and spend more time with the barbell...it'll be a much better use of your time. Check out the stickies for some guidance on what to do with it.

Cardio is fine because its good for you, but as far as losing weight it is only effective if it is enough to shift the balance so that you are burning off more calories than you eat. You can accomplish the same amount if fat loss by eating less.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Anzy View Post
    Go to the nutrition section and figure out how many calories you need and your fat, protein and carb needs. Eat what makes you happy (primarily wholesome foods) to get you there. You aren't going to lose weight at 240 eating the same amount you ate to lose at 270. I'm unclear hoe much your actually eating and since you didn't mention calories or macros, your prob not sure either.

As to your workout, get off the machines and spend more time with the barbell...it'll be a much better use of your time. Check out the stickies for some guidance on what to do with it.

Cardio is fine because its good for you, but as far as losing weight it is only effective if it is enough to shift the balance so that you are burning off more calories than you eat. You can accomplish the same amount if fat loss by eating less.
    ^This

gotta count calories or you're not in control of your diet/progress

Originally Posted by Anzy View Post

Barbells huh. Well thanks any ways sir! I'll look into that section.
    Last edited by Hurtlock5010; 11-18-2011 at 12:47 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hurtlock5010 View Post
    Barbells huh.
    oldskool

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    oldskool
    I use barbells all the time, thought I'm gonna toss in some Power Cleans.

Originally Posted by Hurtlock5010 View Post
    I use barbells all the time, thought I'm gonna toss in some Power Cleans.
    So do I. Power cleans are OK, I am never sure how much they assist other lifts though. Depends on your goals I guess.