Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nyseto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Hip ball and socket joint pain from squatting

I squat pretty heavy with 3x5. I always use the power lifting stance where my legs are spread out far apart with my toes pointed out naturally. The problem is that when I'm about to push back up, it's as if I feel all that weight being placed on the joints. Today I experimented with form with a lighter weight and noticed that the wide stance felt as if it was going to split my joints apart but when I tried narrow squats the stress was lower. After I got done squatting, I tried to see what makes it hurt. I tried extending my legs and it went fine. I then tried to spread my legs, and still felt fine. But when I put a ball between my legs and tried to squeeze it, that's when I felt that same pain in my hip joints as I did during the squats. What am I doing wrong?

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stretch out the hips man, daily.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Gary1699 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nyseto View Post
    I squat pretty heavy with 3x5. I always use the power lifting stance where my legs are spread out far apart with my toes pointed out naturally. The problem is that when I'm about to push back up, it's as if I feel all that weight being placed on the joints. Today I experimented with form with a lighter weight and noticed that the wide stance felt as if it was going to split my joints apart but when I tried narrow squats the stress was lower. After I got done squatting, I tried to see what makes it hurt. I tried extending my legs and it went fine. I then tried to spread my legs, and still felt fine. But when I put a ball between my legs and tried to squeeze it, that's when I felt that same pain in my hip joints as I did during the squats. What am I doing wrong?
    Hey. I'm having the exact same problem as you did. I did a bit of googling, and I found your post. Have you been able to fix your problem? If you have, how did you do it? What did you do particularly to treat your injury? Your response is much appreciated. Thank you.

Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If a more narrow stance felt better, squat in that stance. It may be a little weaker, but that can be strengthened.

I suffer from constant hip aches that bother my squat and bench. I'm also a wide squatter. I found that plenty of foam rolling and stretching at night and before I lift has made a world of difference.

There are all kinds of hip and socket shapes and positions, meaning every person will have an optimal way to squat. It may be that your sockets are more forward-facing, and the wide position causes lateral stress. Or, or could be simple muscle tightness and you misinterpret the source of the pain. You should squat with the stance that causes the least amount of pain, even if the weight has to be decreased.